Microsoft 2012 Launch Event Series

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello. This is my first post. Please move the topic if it's not in the right category.

Attend a FREE one-day event and be part of the biggest product launch in our history. You’ll discover how the latest Microsoft technologies are transforming the way people work—from developers and managers to executives in the C-suite. The New Era of Work is here.

Link

It does not mention about any FREE software like in the past launch events.

Member Summary

Microsoft 2012 Launch Event (40.92kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Look at trumwr's post above.

prashp1 (Feb. 08, 2013 @ 12:07p) |

I called they gave me the same story about a problem even though I went online to enter my info they are still sending o... (more)

SuperET (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 4:50p) |

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I finally just tried to use this key on a new install and its telling me this is ... (more)

landenpc (Apr. 26, 2013 @ 9:29p) |

10/30 Hollywood, CA & Waltham, MA

11/05 Houston, TX & New York, NY

11/07 Bloomington, MN

11/08 Bellevue, WA

11/13 Dallas, TX & Syracuse, NY

11/14 Brookfield, WI; Irvine, CA; Orlando, FL & San Francisco, CA

11/15 Baton Rouge, LA; Miami Beach, FL & Reston, VA

11/27 Columbus, OH & St. Louis, MO

11/28 Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Iselin, NJ & Kansas City, MO

11/29 Charlotte, NC & Salt Lake City, UT

12/04 Portland, OR

12/05 Oklahoma City, OK

12/06 Indianapolis, IN & Philadelphia, PA

12/07 Richmond, VA

12/12 Brentwood, TN

12/13 Pittsburgh, PA

this is for select cities and states etc... i would like to go but alas none even close to my locale ty anyways

Thanks! I was starting to wonder if Microsoft was going to have one of these for Windows 8! If approved, I'll be at the MN one. These launch events are always excellent.

Nice heads up. These events can be informative and some cases have some swag.

Having been to 2 of these launch events, I won't be returning this time, without promise of a copy of Windows 8 (as they've always done in the past with the new OS). That said, if you haven't been, and you like technology, this can be an enjoyable event.

No more free software.. sigh...

Yeah, come on MS! I got Win 7 Ultimate at the release event of that OS. Give us something for coming to your parties!

miqie said:   Yeah, come on MS! I got Win 7 Professional at the release event of that OS. Give us something for coming to your parties!

I got Ultimate at the release of Vista. I did get Ultimate of Win7 but that was thru Gartner. Yeah, without a promise of Win8 not worth it. For the one who mentioned swag, don't count on it. These big events never have anything...

Thanks, registered, its like couple of hundred meters from my office

their event sucked, it was in a movie theater. Food is very minimum, the only reason to go was because of free Windows 7 Ultimate. It's a far cry from events 10 years ago.

I'm registered for 10/30 in Hollywood, CA and 11/14 in San Francisco, CA. They are being held in hotels as opposed to movie theaters. If you register for the IT Professional or Developer tracks, they are slated for giveaways. I can provide more info after I attend the 10/30 event.

I'm registered for 10/30 in Hollywood, CA and 11/14 in San Francisco, CA. They are being held in hotels as opposed to movie theaters. If you register for the IT Professional or Developer tracks, they are slated for giveaways. I can provide more info after I attend the 10/30 event.

Please let us know what they give out if any. I registered for the 11/28 Chicago event but it did not ask to register for any tracks like it used to do before.

scootlowe57 said:   I'm registered for 10/30 in Hollywood, CA and 11/14 in San Francisco, CA. They are being held in hotels as opposed to movie theaters. If you register for the IT Professional or Developer tracks, they are slated for giveaways. I can provide more info after I attend the 10/30 event.

Thanks for the information and keeping us informed. Folks need to take a vacation day, and pay 15 bucks for gasoline to attend each event.

rsuaver said:   
I got Ultimate at the release of Vista. I did get Ultimate of Win7 but that was thru Gartner. Yeah, without a promise of Win8 not worth it. For the one who mentioned swag, don't count on it. These big events never have anything...

There was nothing 'ultimate' about Vista

I got the Win7 Ultimate for going to that one - my guess is, you'll get Win 8...I don't think they mentioned free software for 7, either...

scootlowe57 said:   I'm registered for 10/30 in Hollywood, CA and 11/14 in San Francisco, CA. They are being held in hotels as opposed to movie theaters. If you register for the IT Professional or Developer tracks, they are slated for giveaways. I can provide more info after I attend the 10/30 event.

They removed the "giveaways" part from their agenda.

I was sort of surprised that the meetings will be basically a gangbang of Win8, Server2012, Office, etc. Formerly it concentrated on a single product.

If you register for the IT professional or Developer tracks, you might have a better shot of obtaining at least some trialware.

As I stated previously, I will provide info on what went down at the 10/30 Hollywood event after the event is over.

I hope they change their agenda again.

Are students allowed to these things? I'm interested in the Developer track. We are currently working on android apps but would like to expand to Windows.

If anyone goes to the event tomorrow (10/30 Hollywood, CA & Waltham, MA), please update on what FREE software they get. Thanks

prashp1 said:   If anyone goes to the event tomorrow (10/30 Hollywood, CA & Waltham, MA), please update on what FREE software they get. Thanks
scootlowe57 said he will update us for the Hollywood event. I don't know about Waltham event given that Hurricane Sandy is visiting them shortly.

scootlowe57 said:   If you register for the IT professional or Developer tracks, you might have a better shot of obtaining at least some trialware.

As I stated previously, I will provide info on what went down at the 10/30 Hollywood event after the event is over.

scootlowe57, any updates on this?

i was in CA event, they did give windows 8 pro. serial number only.

I was there. They gave us a Windows 8 Pro serial number and if you're lucky, a pair of 8 GB USB flash drives -- one inside the Visual Studio bag they gave out to those attending the development tracks and one from Veeam software (one of the participating vendors). The vendor raffles were not much to write home about -- a digital camera here, Beats headphones there, and Microsoft raffling off a wireless mouse and keyboard at the end...

I'm surprised they didn't raffle off a Surface.

Can anyone confirm Win8 serial given for other tracks besides developer?

Also, my preference would be the "IT Professionals" track, but don't know if I'll have access to a laptop that meets the requirements. Is the afternoon lab mandatory?

scootlowe57 said:   I was there. They gave us a Windows 8 Pro serial number and if you're lucky, a pair of 8 GB USB flash drives -- one inside the Visual Studio bag they gave out to those attending the development tracks and one from Veeam software (one of the participating vendors). The vendor raffles were not much to write home about -- a digital camera here, Beats headphones there, and Microsoft raffling off a wireless mouse and keyboard at the end...

did they give Windows 8 Pro serial number at the end or was it at the start also how was the food tia

With the Windows 8 Pro serial number is there a download link? During the lab in the afternoon can we go to any other tracks?

I wish with the Windows 8 Pro they would have given out the Office 2013 as well.

Did they also give away Visual Studio 2012 and Office 2012 for free?

SuperET said:   did they give Windows 8 Pro serial number at the end or was it at the start also how was the food tia
Great question! How was the food? The last Microsoft event I attended (a few years ago), they gave out lunch in a reusable lunch bag.

Did they also give away Visual Studio 2012 and Office 2012 for free?

canceled because of SANDY.

didn't see other cities [ just massachusetts canceled ].

As Microsoft is spending a few billion on promoting Win8, it really isn't a surprise that they want it in the hands of us geeks (or is it We geeks?).

I hear NYC 11/5 is cancelled (?)

got a call today about cancelation of the NYC on 5th?

So far, both the Waltham, MA and New York, NY event has been cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully they both will be rescheduled.

Skipping 38 Messages...
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I finally just tried to use this key on a new install and its telling me this is an upgrade key?!? SERIOUSLY????

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014