Microsoft 2012 Launch Event Series

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
the rules page seems to indicate the software and raffles are only in certain locations. will attend reston, va next thursday on the developer track. hoping for something!

Can someone from the Cali events please let us know what other software was given out, norton? Etc. Also what was the food like. Signed up but will need to take a day off so I am wondering if it's worth it.

Found this Site

They have this!!!!!

Windows 8 Pro Offer

The Windows 8 Pro offer good only in the 50 United States & D.C. to attendees of the New Era of Work event series. Offer is good only to the first 425 attending registrants per event upon completion of an evaluation at events in Los Angeles, CA, Waltham, MA, New York, NY, Bloomington, MN, Dallas, TX, San Francisco, CA, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL and Detroit, MI. Offer is good only for the first 75 attending registrants per event upon completion of an evaluation for events in Richmond, VA, Syracuse, NY, Orlando, FL, Irvine, CA, Milwaukee, WI, Overland Park, KS, Iselin, NJ, Charlotte, NC, Portland, OR, Oklahoma City, OK, Baton Rouge, LA and Nashville, TN. Offer is good only for the first 375 attending registrants per event upon completion of an evaluation in Houston, TX, Bellevue, WA, Miami, FL, St. Louis, MO, Columbus, OH, Denver, CO, Salt Lake City, UT, Philadelphia, PA, Indianapolis, IN and Pittsburgh, PA.

A copy of Windows 8 Pro (not for resale) with an estimated retail value of $39.99 will be provided to the designated number of qualified attendees for each city. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be resent. Please allow 6-8 weeks for shipment of your gift. Limit one gift per registered attendee. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer starts on October 30, 2012 and ends on December 13, 2012 or while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Due to government gift and ethics laws, government employees (including military and employees of public education institutions) are not eligible to participate.

My city that I'm going to is not listed so it might not pay to attend.

Also if the value is $39.99 this is the upgrade copy not the full install as they gave away in the past

Update I went today and the breakfast was good scramble eggs bacon and links, coffee, juices and cakes, Lunch was a box lunch - ham or turkey or chicken salad. There were companies that gave away items from gum to a flash drive and Norton 360 (for 3 computers good for a year). To get Windows 8 Pro (Everyone gets a copy in the Mail) just fill out a survey either at
1 scan the QR Code
2 head to http://aka.ms/RES-ITPRO (I went to ITPRO if you sign up for another this will be different)
3 visit the kiosks the one used at registration

hope this helps

SuperET said:   Update I went today and the breakfast was good scramble eggs bacon and links, coffee, juices and cakes, Lunch was a box lunch - ham or turkey or chicken salad. There were companies that gave away items from gum to a flash drive and Norton 360 (for 3 computers good for a year). To get Windows 8 Pro (Everyone gets a copy in the Mail) just fill out a survey either at
1 scan the QR Code
2 head to http://aka.ms/RES-ITPRO (I went to ITPRO if you sign up for another this will be different)

hope this helps

i was there too this morning, same experience (and they had extra desserts in the afternoon). i did the survey at home though (http://aka.ms/RES-DEV2), but got no message or email about getting a windows 8 pro key, although it was mentioned multiple times, so..here's hoping!

impasse said:   SuperET said:   Update I went today and the breakfast was good scramble eggs bacon and links, coffee, juices and cakes, Lunch was a box lunch - ham or turkey or chicken salad. There were companies that gave away items from gum to a flash drive and Norton 360 (for 3 computers good for a year). To get Windows 8 Pro (Everyone gets a copy in the Mail) just fill out a survey either at
1 scan the QR Code

hope this helps

i was there too this morning, same experience (and they had extra desserts in the afternoon). i did the survey at home though (http://aka.ms/RES-DEV2), but got no message or email about getting a windows 8 pro key, although it was mentioned multiple times, so..here's hoping!

I asked the person that was there and they said 6 to 8 weeks.

For those that have been to the IT Pro track...is the afternoon lab mandatory in order to get a Windows key? I'm signed up for next week but don't think I'll be able to get hold of a laptop that meets the lab requirements.

Did the give win 8 upgrade or full retail?

Any other additional info from those who went to this event?
- Do they give Windows 8 Pro only if you go to a particular track? Or all tracks receive Windows 8 Pro?
- Do you have to wait until the end of the event to turn in the survey to get Windows?
- Is the Windows a full copy OR and upgrade?

Bump ... if anyone has any info about my questions ...

3FXC said:   Any other additional info from those who went to this event?
- Do they give Windows 8 Pro only if you go to a particular track? Or all tracks receive Windows 8 Pro?
- Do you have to wait until the end of the event to turn in the survey to get Windows?

3FXC said:   Any other additional info from those who went to this event?
All tracks should receive it. I was in the developers track but other tracks were also sending in their surveys via unique urls.

I submitted my survey via my phone at noon at the event. They were having connection problems with the machines they had set up but for this but in theory once you have the sheet of paper with the survey URL you can enter it any time during the day (or at home as they kept on insisting).

I believe it is full. (6 to 8 weeks for delivery though. I still haven't gotten mine.)

You can also get more info here.

I went to the Columbus, Ohio event today. I was in the developers track. They insisted we upload the survey while we was there mid day for the full Windows 8 Pro. Everyone is supposed to get the full Windows 8 Pro sent in 6 to 8 weeks. I took my laptop but it wasn't necessary. For one the WiFi internet speed was horrible, even the speakers had problems using it during their sessions. Overall it was a good experience but at times topics was boring. They drummed up all day about the raffle at the end of the day. That was a let down. They only raffled off one keyboard, one Microsoft store $100 gift card and I think 5 t-shirts, and they made sure to run the winners down to sign a release form. There was only about 400 total attendees from what it looked like to me. I would have thought Microsoft could have given all attendees the cheap windows 8 t-shirt they raffled. We did receive a lot more freebies in the developer track sessions than the others got. The gave us a visual studios gift bag with a visual studios coffee mug, visual 2012 server book, several usb's, ink pens, free copy of Norton 360, a generation app t-shirt. The vendors handed out pens and usb's. The food wasn't to bad. Breakfast scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, sausage patties, and nice variety for drinks. Lunch was a bag lunch of a sandwich wrap, chips, pasta, large sugar cookie. Plenty of drinks thru out the day. At 4pm they had a going home snack for us during the raffle. Sliced carrots, Cucumbers, and celery with several dips, and choice of Ciabatta bread or Tuscany toast and variety fresh fruit. Again plenty of drinks. Overall it was a good session but for Microsoft promoting windows 8 to the IT professionals they could have done more.

did anyone get their copy of win8 yet

Not yet for me. The event I attended was on 11/14.

Anyone got their copy of Windows 8 yet?

Not yet and I attended November 7th. Not sure who to contact.

This was the first show that I attended where the online questionnaire was used. Wonder if something went wrong on that end?

I would like to hear something soon. Next week Microsoft windows 8 pro upgrade currently at $39.99 will jump to $199 after January 31. I want the windows 8 pro but if Microsoft is not going to ship the free edition to those who attended the 2012 launch and registered then I would like to know so I can go ahead and purchase it while it is offered at a limited time for $39.99. I attended the Columbus, Ohio Nov 27. They told us 4 to 6 weeks we would receive in the mail are free copy.

I emailed Microsoft on Jan 15 about the launch event and Win 8 Pro disk and still have not hear anything back. Anyone else had any success with email to Microsoft?

I sent an email too and have not heard anything back. I attended the Minneapolis event in November.

alieder said:   I sent an email too and have not heard anything back. I attended the Minneapolis event in November.

I attended the event near Wash DC in November and still waiting. what email address did you use?

Sent an E-Mail to q2newera@microsoft.com, but no response.

Anybody knows of similar events for Office?
And, by the way, I attended the event on Dec 6th, and no free software yet. I think they said 6 weeks, so its kind of overdue.
Thanks!

Since Microsoft didn't sent any Win 8 Pro, I will do the $40 upgrade since last day is Jan 31st. Then the prices go up.

I just called the Events Team and they said there is suppose to be a mass email going out today regarding Windows 8 Pro software. Please post if anyone gets it.

Just got an email to call them to confirm address:

Thank you for your attendance at the Microsoft New Era of Work Events Series in late 2012.

As indicated at the event, in recognition of your attendance and in appreciation of your input provided on the post-event evaluation, we are preparing to send you a complimentary copy of Windows 8 Pro.

Unfortunately, we have identified many inconsistent or incomplete mailing addresses and would ask that you take just a moment to verify your mailing address to ensure proper delivery of your complimentary copy of Windows 8 Pro. This offer is only available for eligible U.S. customers attending the Microsoft New Era of Work events from October 31-December 13, 2012 and items can only be shipped within the United States. For a list of rules and eligibility requirements, please visit http://aka.ms/newerarules.

To verify your address, please call Microsoft toll-free at 1-877-MSEVENT

Thank you again for your time and interest in Microsoft. If you are interested in reviewing portions of the New Era of Work event, please visit http://aka.ms/newera for on-demand replay.

We apologize for any delay in shipping you a complimentary copy of Windows 8 Pro and thank you for your patience as we finalize the logistics for this offer.

Thank you,
Microsoft
Microsoft respects your privacy. Please read our Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052 USA

-------------------------------------------------

I called and they said it would be arriving within 7 to 10 days.

Finally...
I called and it should be shipped to be arriving in a week or two.

For those that didn't receive the email try calling and tell them your calling about the New Era Windows 8 software email.

I didn't receive the email and I called and said I am calling about the New Era Windows 8 software email, and they asked basic information and said I will receive in 7 - 10 business days.

For Waltham, MA and New York, NY launch events that never happend, I am not sure if they will reschedule or not. Try calling and let them know your calling about the email about New Era Windows 8 software.

prashp1 said:   For those that didn't receive the email try calling and tell them your calling about the New Era Windows 8 software email.

I didn't receive the email and I called and said I am calling about the New Era Windows 8 software email, and they asked basic information and said I will receive in 7 - 10 business days.

Thank you prashp1
I didnt receive the email and I called microsoft after reading your post. They said I would receive it with-in 7 - 10 business days. I was worried about when i filled out the survey at the event it didnt go thru since we never received a confirmation.

I received my Windows 8 Pro product key in the mail today. Hopefully everyone else is receiving theirs today as well.

Did you get a disc in the mail with the key? Or did you just get a key to use with a download?

It was just a key to use with the download. I had been hoping to get the disc though.. I have gotten used to using the windows 8 on my phone, now I am looking forward to getting the full effect on my desktop.

prashp1 said:   For those that didn't receive the email try calling and tell them your calling about the New Era Windows 8 software email.
Which number?

rseiler said:   prashp1 said:   For those that didn't receive the email try calling and tell them your calling about the New Era Windows 8 software email.
Which number?

Look at trumwr's post above.

I called they gave me the same story about a problem even though I went online to enter my info they are still sending out emails and will be sending out more next week. I was told I would get Win8 in 7 to 10 days

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I finally just tried to use this key on a new install and its telling me this is an upgrade key?!? SERIOUSLY????

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014