• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free STARBUCKS Cup of Coffee Election Day

FREE tall (12 oz) cup of brewed coffee at no charge (limit one per customer) as a celebration of this important day. AN UPDATE: to make this as easy as possible, we're going to extend this offer for a free coffee on election day to everyone who asks!

Starbucks will continue free coffee giveaway during 2012 election.

sjsfan op

Member Summary

STARBUCKS
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Free STARBUCKS Cup of Coffee Election Day
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

sjsfan may have typed the words that it will continue this year but I can only find repeaters, no official verification. froberts2's link is for a July 4th giveaway.

From an official *$ blog post of 11/2/12, they say wristbands will be given away this year, not coffee.

See this sentence "...on Election Day, November 6, Starbucks U.S. company-operated stores will offer wristbands to those visiting our stores." in the 6th paragraph down on this post. I've seen rumors that even wrist band quantities are limited but won't repeat those numbers here.

Rather pay a local coffee shop for a decent cappuccino.

Op, thisis from 2008. Nowhere it mentions they are doing it this year...

froberts2 said:   2012 URL - https://www.facebook.com/events/353010928105586

That's a july 4 deal...

Is Butch losing it? Why is he posting 2008 deal?

For Earth Day 2012 there was at least 1 Free Stuff posting that was listed in the top postings, for free coffee at Starbucks if you bring in a reuseable mug. This was also from past years and not offered this year. I do seem to remember them offering free coffee on Election Day LAST YEAR also. They did offer free coffee this year on July 4, which was the hottest day of the year where I live.

Pretty sure this is a no go this year - all listed as past events on the Starbucks page

Maybe if enough buzz is generated, it will happen. They proclaim to like democracy anyway.

Hope it will happen

Just got this in my email from Starbucks about 5 minutes ago. I am signed up as a Starbucks Rewards member if that means anything.

"One year ago, Starbucks and Opportunity Finance Network® teamed up to launch the Create Jobs for USA Fund. With your support, we've raised more than $15 million to help community businesses get the funding they needed to hire and retain more American workers."

To celebrate all that we can accomplish together, the Schultz Family Foundation has recently made a $1 million contribution in honor of Starbucks customers. And on Tuesday, November 6 – Election Day – we'll offer an INDIVISIBLE wristband to all who visit our stores.

They knew about the wristband. But they said they did not know about the free coffee? They gave it to me free anyway.

Note to self: verify deals before emailing wife to tell her about them.

My wife went to get free coffee and told her they had no clue what she was talking about ... then I see the whole "this is from 2008" comment.

got the wristband ( love it ) but was denied the coffee .. no biggie i am hyper naturally

got the wristband, didn't even ask about the coffee. But I bought a coffee anyway since they also gave my sister a wristband (she didn't even ask or buy anything!)

Haha! Some kid in class today was talking about free Starbucks too. I imagined he actually had concrete, sourced information for this, but one would think a avid poster on FatWallet would have the same. Hopefully lots of undergrads went and were denied; get sources for the freebies you attempt to take advantage of before getting all gangbusters. - E

Got a coffee at my local starbucks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014