• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I came across this article today at pc world

It states; "Like Lynda.com on Facebook for free access to "Windows 8 Essential Training," a five-hour video course.
"The class is divided into 11 sections, each with a smattering of subsections consisting of various videos: "Getting familiar with the new user interface," "Organizing folders and files," "Removing unwanted programs," and so on." "Because the entire outline is presented on the course page, you can easily jump around to whatever topic you want; you don't have to sit through the entire thing in order."

"By the way, if you're not a Facebook user, it appears you can take the course without going through the "liking" process. That step merely sends you to the course page, where all the individual videos are already enabled." link

"The only catch is that it'll no longer be free after November 23, so start your learning as soon as you can."

Hope this helps someone

Member Summary

Windows 8
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I thought I was supposed to get my kid to teach me.

CTRL+D back to windows 7 like environment is the first lesson from my kid.
And I stay here after. No other lessons need to take.

pokki.com gives you back a Start Menu type button if you miss that!

Sounds interesting, I'm in.

I watched a couple of lessons and it's pretty interesting and actually, looks easy enough for a beginner like me. It even has a touch capability like my cell phone. I encourage you to at least try it, it's free if you have the time to watch and listen to a video feed.

anyway to save these video files

chowpt said:   anyway to save these video files

Yes. Screen streaming capture software.

Google is your friend.

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday. I'm in the computer-related book aisle and a lady tells me "stay away from this" pointing to a Windows book. Apparently she has problems with Windows 8. I was thinking Microsoft has a good opportunity to make money on support, whether by design or circumstance.

Joe2836 said:   I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday. I'm in the computer-related book aisle and a lady tells me "stay away from this" pointing to a Windows book. Apparently she has problems with Windows 8. I was thinking Microsoft has a good opportunity to make money on support, whether by design or circumstance.

That's always been true as Windows innovates it's products. Was the lady in the aisle a B&N worker or just some customer? Was she an older person who maybe doesn't have good computer skills to start with? Was she by any chance holding an iPhone or iPad?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014