• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Stuff by eBay (12.61kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

thanks op. never heard of it, but gave it a shot. interesting idea. easy way to see how much money i wasted online thanks to fw!

It found purchases back to 2007 for me. Scary to see how much I've bought online - both item count and total price.

bippie said:   It found purchases back to 2007 for me. Scary to see how much I've bought online - both item count and total price.

bippie,

does it pull even the more obscure websites (like Meritline, 1sale, etc or just major stuff like Amazon, Sears, Staples?)

Why yes I'd love to give you access to that information eBay! lol

I tried it [eBay owns me anyway... ha.. ha] but it only found 13 items, like when I ordered Priority Boxes from the Post Office or Pictures from the drug store. Mine only did this year, even though I know I have emails for my purchases going back much further.

"Free Online Storage to Track/Store all your online receipts from major .com retailers"

My email service is already free; in the email account where they're stored.

I think they're less interested in the "storage" part and more leaning towards the "tracking" part.

Other emails will not be scanned.

As it turns out, there are a handful (142,659,816, at present) of other domains on the planet besides the spam-mail services. Oh well. Better I didn't know how much I've spent.

Thank you, MisterCheap, for pointing the service out.

i'm curious whether it only scans the emails we also have access to, or whether it can access some sort of database history stored in email servers.

MISTERCHEAP said:   bippie said:   It found purchases back to 2007 for me. Scary to see how much I've bought online - both item count and total price.

bippie,

does it pull even the more obscure websites (like Meritline, 1sale, etc or just major stuff like Amazon, Sears, Staples?)


I believe it only reads emails but attempts to locate a photo to display with the purchase. Some are accurate and others are close but not exactly right. A shirt may be the right shirt but wrong color, for example.

I do not see purchases from Meritline but I might use a different email for those purchases.

This might be a good service for some. Not for me. I already have a backup of my email accts, Data, etc to a external Hard drive. And to a DVD offsite. Thanks OP for your effort.

AcidSpectrum said:   "Free Online Storage to Track/Store all your online receipts from major .com retailers"

My email service is already free; in the email account where they're stored.

I think they're less interested in the "storage" part and more leaning towards the "tracking" part.


Exactly, they will make money selling that data. More info for the data warehousing crowd about our habits to sell. Better read the TC carefully.

Skip eBay, go directly to https://www.slice.com/

Or print to PDF and store safely off the cloud, where other marketers can't get to and sell the data.

If you have Android phone / tablet running the latest Jelly Bean 4.2, the app "Google Now" can ALSO track packages. Google will scan your Gmail account and let you know when the package has shipped, delivered, etc.

The great thing is that Google Now is baked into the Android OS and it does so much more (flight tracking, sports scores, etc.).

I would be worried about state subpoenas for use tax purposes. Not worth even a small risk.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014