Free Starz Weekend -DirecTv 11/22/12

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free Starz weekend this week starting on Turkey day with DirecTv. Get the DVR's ready!

Member Summary

starz
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I found this at Free Previews: "Starz & Encore will be available for FREE November 21 - 25, 2012 on DirecTV, Verizon, Cox, and other participating providers. As usual, please let us know if your provider is also participating so we can add it to this list."

So it's Encore as well as Starz, and through several providers. This also says it starts the 21st and is available through the 25th. YMMV, I guess.

With the continuous reboots on the older TiVo's this is kind of useless. The reboots, as many as 5-6 per day, has caused much consternation to TiVo owners, and many are leaving DTV due to this problem. Been going on for over 3-weeks now... A even watching a movie with reboots is almost useless.

tivocommunity forum

Squonk said:   With the continuous reboots on the older TiVo's this is kind of useless. The reboots, as many as 5-6 per day, has caused much consternation to TiVo owners, and many are leaving DTV due to this problem. Been going on for over 3-weeks now... A even watching a movie with reboots is almost useless.

tivocommunity forum

Solution: Dump overpriced TiVo and use the regular DTV DVR *shocking*

Thanx for the heads up OP!

I did exactly this a few months ago. The DTV DVR is nice. The thing I miss most from my TiVo is using pyTivo (opensource movie decoder) to access my huge library of .MKV movies. I watch a lot on my PC anyway though. It's nice being off TiVo, saving some bucks. The recording interface of the DTV DVR is definitely on par with TiVo IMO.

sakko said:   Solution: Dump overpriced TiVo and use the regular DTV DVR *shocking*

I did exactly this a few months ago. The DTV DVR is nice. The thing I miss most from my TiVo is using pyTivo (opensource movie decoder) to access my huge library of .MKV movies. I watch a lot on my PC anyway though. It's nice being off TiVo, saving some bucks. The recording interface of the DTV DVR is definitely on par with TiVo IMO.

Easiest way to do this is to hook up a laptop with HDMI to your tv if you want to stream direct to the tv. It is a pain compared to using the TiVo software to do it but you can always get a Boxee, Roku, etc for that part and you would still be saving a ton of money over going back to TiVo

KniRider said:   Squonk said:   With the continuous reboots on the older TiVo's this is kind of useless. The reboots, as many as 5-6 per day, has caused much consternation to TiVo owners, and many are leaving DTV due to this problem. Been going on for over 3-weeks now... A even watching a movie with reboots is almost useless.

tivocommunity forum

Thanx for the heads up OP!

I use the old SD-DVR TiVo's, 8-years old, like a rock. I don't even need HD so the SD TiVos are fine for me. There is no way in hell I would ever use a DTV DVR after my experience with the R-15 (which is boxed up and in my spare bedroom), which was a piece of junk.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014