Free Mumble Voice Server (VOIP)

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
myMumble is giving out free lifetime 5-man mumble servers. That means you can have your own private voip server that hosts upto 5 people for free.

The servers are designed for gaming but you can use it for whatever you want:
https://www.mymumble.com/free-mumble

Member Summary

Mumble Voice Server (7.65kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Thanks, I will have a try!

Thanks OP.

Never use myMumble before.. Will give it a try.

thanks,

Can this be used for phone calls like Google Voice? If so, how do you set it up for phone?

miqie said:   Can this be used for phone calls like Google Voice? If so, how do you set it up for phone?

It has nothing to do with phones, you don't call anyone. It's a server that multiple people can log into at the same time and talk to each other over the net. You could use it instead of calling someone, but you have let them know to log in if they aren't already there. So you end up calling/texting/emailing them to log in, and then talk over mumble.

Having said that, I know there's an iphone app for using mumble on an iphone. I assume there's one for android as well.

shadow2k said:   miqie said:   Can this be used for phone calls like Google Voice? If so, how do you set it up for phone?

It has nothing to do with phones, you don't call anyone. It's a server that multiple people can log into at the same time and talk to each other over the net. You could use it instead of calling someone, but you have let them know to log in if they aren't already there. So you end up calling/texting/emailing them to log in, and then talk over mumble.

Having said that, I know there's an iphone app for using mumble on an iphone. I assume there's one for android as well.

Kind of sounds like the old Microsoft Netmeeting.

OP, other than talking to up to 5 people over the net, is there any other use for it? It's essentially a free conference call number. If you have Magicjack, you can set up conference calls for free anyway. Thanks for the info anyway.

Thanks OP

gaming aspect sounds inviting i might look into it. ( never can have too many resources. ) thanks

Look forward to trying this. MagicJack doesn't work to well for us. Thanks for the heads up for another service.

free low-latency conference calling over the net from your PC running Mac/Linux/Windows...cool concept for gaming if it doesn't soak up your bandwidth so your gaming is slow...

Blah... Their sign-up is intrusive- they want name, address, email, phone... Yeah, I guess you could lie but I just gave up since I don't really need this service.

why would any calling/phone service associate themselves with the word "mumble"?

Its not for phone calls. Its voice chat for games.

no. this is a room based voice server. You'll have to give out the ip address and have them download the mumble client. then anyone can join in on the conversation as a group or just 1 on 1.

It is not a conference call number, this is a server that people can join / leave with no phone required.

there are apps for it though
iphone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mumble/id443472808?mt=8
android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pcgod.mumblecl...

One of my buddies has a server and uses it often. I've tried it a few times and I prefer it because it isn't a resource hog and I had been using Steam Voice Chat, but didn't like interruptions during maintenance. Also, if someone is in the room and doesn't have a mic (or can't "talk"), the program will read the text, which is nice/funny.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014