• Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
Thanks!

Don't forget about the 1/26 survey!

Also, the current MEMBER'S CHOICE survey ends today. Not sure when another will start but don't forget to vote there for another 25 pts before it ends today!

Thanks OP!

Bump .. One more new survey

Bumpity bump ... 1/28 Survey Available Now.

I have been contacted by someone that said they set their Best Buy Reward Zone (BBRZ) account redemption limit to $20 = 1000 pts, yet because of the current bounty of free points being given on their Facebook page, they were automatically issued a certificate at 250 pts. BBRZ is apparently telling them non-purchase points do not follow the same redemption rules.I have read through all the terms and nothing jumped out at me eluding to this rule.

Yet I know my account is over 250 pts with a 1000 pt redemption set, and I have not been issued a certificate.

Has anyone else been experiencing this same issue?

No issues.

WideOpenSpaces said:   I have been contacted by someone that said they set their Best Buy Reward Zone (BBRZ) account redemption limit to $20 = 1000 pts, yet because of the current bounty of free points being given on their Facebook page, they were automatically issued a certificate at 250 pts. BBRZ is apparently telling them non-purchase points do not follow the same redemption rules.I have read through all the terms and nothing jumped out at me eluding to this rule.

Yet I know my account is over 250 pts with a 1000 pt redemption set, and I have not been issued a certificate.

Has anyone else been experiencing this same issue?

I think there might be a misunderstanding. Usually around this time of the year, the reward zone points expire and you get issued the maximum amount possible. The last few years I have lost 79 pts on 02/03/2012 and 191 on 02/11/201 because of this. Both times, they issued the 250 point redemption and forfeited the rest. Nothing to do with the type of points. From this promotion I have already topped off a 500 point redemption with combination of purchases and facebook points, and a 250 point redemption with just survey points. Hoping to make the next 250 before they reset the yearly point totals.

ETA: This is how it shows:

02/11/2011 Issued Certs $5 RZ Cash Out Certificate - -250
02/11/2011 Point Adjustment Annual Point Expiration. See Program Rules. - -191

Thanks for reminding me of this feature. Normally points earned in a year are automatically converted at the end of January of the following year. Any points above the 250 threshold multiplier are forfeited.

The person who contacted me says they opened their BBRZ account this year, and earned the points in the past couple of weeks. Therefore, they should not have been converted into certificates. I'm still digging further.

Unfortunately, I bet that their system does not differentiate between the 2 kind of points and just resets all, since these bonus points are a newish thing. Any purchase made in January is probably still holding as pending.

When do points expire?

At the beginning of every calendar year, the points in your account (except for Reward Zone program Credit Card members, Reward Zone program MasterCard cardmembers and Premier Silver members) will be issued as reward certificates down to the $5 level, and any remaining points will be forfeited. You will begin earning points for the new calendar year on January 1. For example, if you have 300 points, you will receive a $5 reward certificate (250 Points) and you will forfeit 50 points.

Good discussion reminding everyone about the annual RZ points expiration. I encountered this last year and was able to contact them and get points reinstated, but I don't want a hassle this year. I had 849 points and was planning on waiting until I reached 1000 to get a $20 RZ cert. But we're at the end of January and the FB promos won't be enough to get me there before Feb. So I decided to cash out at $15 and hope that since all of these promo points have been earned in 2013, I won't lose the 99 pts left in my account. We'll see what happens.

Bump for today's survey reminder.

For people concerned about expiration, BBRZ points can be exchanged for various airline miles at points.com

The exchange rate is AWFUL but it is better than letting them expire.

1/31 survey available.

2/1 Survey Reminder.

Sorry guys .. forgot to bump for 2/2 ... hope you remembered to grab your free points!

Bumping now for 2/3 survey.

I saw the following notice, but points are still posting. My guess is that between those dates some points might disappear.

"Why are my recent transactions not showing up yet?

Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23."

Well, lost 99 on 02/07 for Annual Point Expiration. Hopefully the do not remove the almost daily polls. At 6 days per week = 6*52*25 = 7800 points = about $155.

Anticipating the annual reset, I cashed out as many points as I could about a week ago, and did not lose any points this week. But many at SD (that other deal site) are saying they called the BB Rewards center to complain, and that they are effectively getting their points reinstated, often along with a bonus. I chose to be proactive this year, but I got my points plus a bonus last year from this situation.

Fat Tuesday poll is available.

Thank you.

How do you dine poll is available.

Thank you, collector5

If for any reason you had points lost or converted within the past couple of weeks that should not have been, call Best Buy and have them reverse the certificates and lost points. I did so this morning, and had 500 points added back into my account, since I did not want the $10 certificate.

Valentine's Day Celebrations poll available

Another poll is available.

Don't forget every 10 days (plus or minus) you can also earn approximately 12 points via Audience Rewards. Same goes for US Airways, Delta, and SPG.

Despite by best efforts to avoid a problem, RZ did an "annual adjustment" on my account yesterday. I only lost 11 points (and got an undesired $5 cert issued), but I'm going to call them. I don't think they did this right. I don't think any of the points I had remaining were issued prior to 2013 because I did a cashout at the end of January.

I just noticed that I also was updated to Premier Silver status. Nice, but I'm not sure why that happened, because I have not met the spend requirement for that.

I woke up to some unexpected points in my account this morning.

02/15/2013 Point Adjustment Annual maintenance points reimbursement 203

The funny thing was we did not lose 203 points at any time during the auditing, only 10 points. Since I was so near the 1,000 point mark, I immediately moved our BBRZ out via points.com. A return to Hawaii is looking even more promising.

Anybody else having trouble getting to the facebook app to take the poll? It never seems to load.

WideOpenSpaces said:   I woke up to some unexpected points in my account this morning.

02/15/2013 Point Adjustment Annual maintenance points reimbursement 203

The funny thing was we did not lose 203 points at any time during the auditing, only 10 points. Since I was so near the 1,000 point mark, I immediately moved our BBRZ out via points.com. A return to Hawaii is looking even more promising.

Yep, same thing here. I had 229 points expire. Called in they gave me 500 points. And now they put back 425 points. A net gain of 696 points!

collector5 said:   Anybody else having trouble getting to the facebook app to take the poll? It never seems to load.

Yes. I'm having that same problem.

Maybe they finally figured out the total cost after a month run, and are changing the parameters to something like 5 points per survey.

MilleniumBuc said:   Maybe they finally figured out the total cost after a month run, and are changing the parameters to something like 5 points per survey.

There were a couple other "features" due to be released today. I'm sure their developers are hard at work making those work.

The page is now back online and a new User Poll survey is available. It says I now have $10 in certificates ready! Gotta love it. Thanks OP.

Not working for me. Still looping/not loading.

yoregano said:   Not working for me. Still looping/not loading.

I am getting that now, too. It was working at around 3 this morning though.

Okay, so it was up for a brief time in the wee hours of the morning, and then out of order again for the second day in a row. What's going on, RZ?

I finally was able to take the daily poll just a few minutes ago, and they have downgraded it to 10 points.

I was just checking the link (I already got my 25 points this early AM before the downgrade) but I get this error:

Error
An error occurred. Please try again later.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.