• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

There is a limit of one free short stack per guest. The offer is valid at participating restaurants for dine-in only while supplies last and is not valid with any other offer, special coupon or discount

Member Summary

ihop
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
2-5-2013 is a Tuesday in case someone was wondering.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

lol @ pic in summary

short stack = 2 pancakes?

yurgreat said:   lol @ pic in summary

short stack = 2 pancakes?

Nope. Three.

Thanks, OP! Good to know.

please make sure you make a donation. AND MAKE SURE YOU TIP BASED ON THE PRICE OF THE MEAL IF THE PRICE OF THE PANCAKES WERE INCLUDED.

Being frugal is good. Being cheap is bad

thank you!

One should tip if one receives adequate service, not in a compulsory manner. Personally, I always tip at MINIMUM 15% (if I receive rude, piss-poor service), but that is because I would feel ashamed to tip any less. And it is 15% of what the final bill would have been. If I go somewhere that adds 18% gratuity to the bill, I don't fret; it is their loss for such an imbecilic policy because I normally tip more than 18%.

The reason I bring all this up is all this culture of compulsory tipping no matter what. I wish this was not the case. This is not Nazi Germany after all.

I might or might not take advantage of this. How much is a short stack at iHop anyway? The pancakes I make at home are much better (and better for you): certified organic whole grain with flax seed powder made with organic almond milk and extra virgin olive oil. - E

DeltaSigChi4 said:    .... This is not Nazi Germany after all....

do you even know what the tipping customs were in 1940s Germany?

bump

germanpope said:   DeltaSigChi4 said:    .... This is not Nazi Germany after all....

do you even know what the tipping customs were in 1940s Germany?

according to trip advisor 10% is standard in modern Germany, most of the time patrons round up their bill to an even amount.

At the time I used to waitress, I made approx. $2.50/hr before tips. I think the going rate is $3.50+ now. I worked hard (and it IS hard work) and always treated my customers with great service & respect.

I never stiff a waitress or waiter. It's unethical to me. If I have poor service - which rarely ever happens - I ask for the manager and things get straightened out. If I have to speak to a manager, it's not to get the wait staff in trouble, it's just to find out what the problem is.

Whenever I would frequent a restaurant I used to work with my former co-workers, I would rotate to a section each time I went in and I always tipped them more than what my bill was, because I know first hand that it is not as easy as some people think.

Hysterical double post. - E

I like that the tipping lobbyists always seem to lose their tops if the discussion ever comes up in ANY context. It's always even funnier that they seem to have this gigantic chip on their shoulders as if they are POW survivors in the Philippines during the Great War.

I tip 30%, 40%, even 50%, REGULARLY, in some instances I have tipped well over 100% of bills, which I am going to go ahead and presume is more than your average tipping lobbyist/former waitress. I skip the obscenely over*priced carbonated drinks and drink only tap water and give the money that would have been wasted on that garbage as an additional tip on top of 20% (or more). Here is what it boils down to: when I ask for water only and get a look and attitude from a soured waitress because she presumes I am a cheapskate (which I am) and receive inadequate service from then on ... because they have imagined already a non-tip or whatevermaybethecase ... well, it is deserving of a non-tip. Truly.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that service will not be 5-star on IHOP's Free Pancake Day, especially if you just order pancakes and water and nothing else. But perhaps I should pay 10$ (in tipping) just to have plates thrown on my table with a surly attitude.

Have I ever in my entire life left a restaurant where I am paying without leaving AT MINIMUM 15%? No. Thanks for the negative rating on a post that merely sought to discuss the "TIP AT ALL TIMES!!!!" religion of some who seem to believe one should tip whether those servicing spit in your plate right in front of you just because their lives are so "hard". - E

DeltaSigChi4 said:   
I might or might not take advantage of this. How much is a short stack at iHop anyway? The pancakes I make at home are much better (and better for you): certified organic whole grain with flax seed powder made with organic almond milk and extra virgin olive oil. - E

Will your solar powered vehicle be able to make it all the way to IHOP? Your recipe made me gag, good thing I had an Oreo nearby

(reminder bump)

So you just show up to get them? No need to print anything out?

nameyoualreadyngo said:   So you just show up to get them? No need to print anything out?

You just show up and mention it to them. No need to print out anything. Bring the whole family.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014