rated:
Free throughout the day today only.

Member Summary

A Boy Called Duct Tape [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Christopher Cloud (Author)

Publication Date: March 16, 2012

72 Reviews - and ★★★★.5
10 Likes

Pablo Perez is a 12-year-old kid without much going for him. His classmates have dubbed him “Duct Tape” because his tattered discount-store sneakers are held together with…you guessed it, duct tape. He can’t escape the bullying.
Pablo’s luck changes after he finds a $20 gold coin while swimming with his sister in a river near their home. Pablo later buys a $1 treasure map at the county fair. The map shows the route to the “lost treasure” of the notorious outlaw Jesse James. Pablo can’t help but wonder: Is there a link between the map and the gold coin?
He is determined to find out, and he, his 9-year-old sister, Pia, and 13-year-old cousin, Kiki, hire an ill-mannered cave guide and begin a treacherous underground adventure in search of treasure. Their treasure hunt is made more perilous because they are being followed by the evil Blood brothers, who want the treasure for themselves. The Blood brothers will stop at nothing to claim the treasure as their own.

My Two Uncles [Kindle Edition]

Jeff Rivera (Author), Tariq Saeed (Illustrator)

Publication Date: January 10, 2013

37 Reviews - and ★★★★★
30 Likes

Having two uncles is so much fun and two uncles are definitely better than
one! Together, they’ll teach you all about studying, baking and football. My
Two Uncles will take you on a journey of twice the compassion, twice the
understanding and twice the love.

Perfect for any family that has two uncles, two daddies, two aunties or two mommies.

How To Build A Website With Wordpress...Fast! (Read2Learn Guides) [Kindle Edition] - normally $4.99

Kent Mauresmo (Author), Anastasiya Petrova (Author)

Publication Date: February 20, 2012

22 Reviews - and ★★★★★
35 Likes

"Discover How To EASILY Build a Website Using Our Simple Formula."

Presenting The Easiest Way Ever Developed To Learn WordPress---Guaranteed!

Invest a few tax-deductible dollars in this easy-to-read eBook now!

We'll teach you how to use WordPress to create potent money making websites that will boost your business fast!

Once you know the secrets, its easy! This eBook is filled with screenshots showing you exactly how we run the administration area of our Read2Learn website.

We'll show you:

• How to pick the best domain names.
• How to pick the best hosting package. (#1 mistake 95% of people make)
• How to pick and install the BEST Wordpress Plugins.
• Where you should go to get amazing Wordpress Themes.
• How to customize your pages.
• How to customize your sidebar.
• How and where to get custom Facebook and Twitter widgets for your website.
• How to effectively set up the recommended plugins.
• How to write effective blog post/articles.
• How to upload pictures and embed videos from YouTube.
• How to get blog comments.
• How to get found on the FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE! (Killer SEO Tips)

We'll also give you resources so you can:

• Sell products online.
• Create an email list.
• Create squeeze pages to capture names and emails.
• Create membership websites.
• Create videos and slide shows for your website...and more!
• Business owners have paid us $700-$1,200 for this same information. We're far too lazy to meet up with business owners all week to create websites, so we decided to write this book.

P.S. This Kindle eBook includes a link to download the PDF version for free.

Page Count: 102 Pages
Word Count: 14,794

Cancer Free 123 - 123 Things That Prevent or Destroy Cancer [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Julie Joyce (Author)

Publication Date: April 18, 2011

21 Reviews - and ★★★★★
48 Likes

You Have The Power To Prevent Cancer

Julie Joyce (the Executive Producer and Host of Cancer Free Radio) has compiled this important book featuring over 123 "CANCER FIGHTERS" to help you and your family to boost your defenses against cancer.

Cancer Fighters are foods, activities and behaviors that help to eradicate abnormal cells from the body while nurturing your immune system to enable healthy cells to flourish.

1 in 3 people in the United States will get Cancer in their lifetime. CANCER FREE 123 is a priceless guide to help you to protect yourself and your family from being part of that statistic.

And for Cancer Survivors, this book gives you critical guidance to help you to improve your health and enhance your recovery.

Petal's First Winter (Petal the Owl) [Kindle Edition] - normally $1.99

Joy Findlay (Author)

Publication Date: April 7, 2012

23 Reviews - and ★★★★.5
11 Likes

Petal the owl discovers winter in this delightful children's ebook, come and see Petal's First Winter and the fun she has. An ebook about winter. Ages 3-6.

Chemistry for Everyone: A Helpful Primer for High School or College Chemistry [Kindle Edition] - normally $5.99

Suzanne Lahl (Author), Cris Qualiana (Illustrator)

Publication Date: February 25, 2011

5 Reviews - and ★★★★.5
9 Likes

This book is a gentle introduction to some of the more difficult chemistry concepts encountered in high school and college chemistry. Often a lack of understanding of basic concepts and how they fit together is the major reason students do poorly in chemistry class.

Chemistry for Everyone is for anyone who needs help understanding the most difficult chemistry concepts and tools that will be encountered in a typical high-school level chemistry classes. Whether you are taking it for the first time in high school, have a child who needs help with homework, or just want to find out more about chemistry, this book is for you.

Topics include The Atom, The Mole, Scientific Notation, Significant Figures, Unit Conversions, Bonding, Chemical Reactions, and Solubility. Problem-solving advice, homework tips, and test-taking skills are also included.

*** DEAD *** Who's Pulling Your Strings: Behavior In The Misinformation Age [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

John Cleverly (Author)

Publication Date: June 14, 2012

No Reviews or Likes

We are all, without exception, behaviorally programmed. We are all, to a greater or lesser degree, behaviorally manipulated. And we are all, to some extent, mind-poisoned and controlled by early suggestion and example. But perhaps more revealing is the fact that we all, whether consciously or unconsciously, try to manipulate others to our way of thinking. Because behavioral programming can effectively imprint in a single moment or sentence, even a sibling cannot have comprehensive knowledge of the turning points in his brother's programming, though he himself may have played a major role in that programming. And yet, without such knowledge, society expects to understand the rationale behind a man's misanthropic behavior, and attributes incomprehensible behavior to insanity or criminality, rather than programming.

No two people consistently experience the same programming. The human brain has more than one hundred billion neurons, and with more than a thousand synapses per neuron, activity adds up to about one hundred trillion electro-chemical discharges within the brain. Even when we discount the fact that much of our sensory stimulation and response is identically duplicated, the possible permutation of ideas and experience that make up the range of programmed behavioral differences in people is truly astronomical.

thanx didn't want any today but did yesterday and posting this semidaily is grunt work which deserves appreciation.

....... in College: A Guerrilla Guide to College Success | Rated #1 How to Study in College Book | 77 Ninja Study Skills Tips and Career Strategies | Motivational for College Students | #1 Bestseller [Kindle Edition] - normally $5.95

Can't put the title here - inappropriate the book is very good

Gunnar Fox (Author)

Publication Date: October 18, 2012

21 Reviews and ☆☆☆☆☆
7 Likes

#1 Amazon Bestseller ● #1 Rated College Success Book in America

Limited-Time Price! ● Click On Book Cover Above to "Look Inside" for a Quick VIDEO INTRODUCTION!

Book Chapters:

1 - College: Get Over It

2 - Why People Are Willing to Spend Thousands To Earn A College Degree

3 - Gunnar's Philosophy of Intellectual Horsepower

4 - Choosing To Succeed By Planning To Succeed

5 - Making Them Eat Your Academic Dust

6 - Averting Disaster: There's More Than One Way To Flunk A Cat

7 - Curing Test Anxiety and Laughing In The Face Of Death

8 - As the Phrase Turns: Writing Your Way To The Top

9 - Time Management: Not As Boring A Topic As You Might Imagine

10 - Congratulations: You've Got a Kick-Ass Memory

11 - Talent on Demand: Your Personal Success Team

12 - Making A Name For Yourself: If You Don't Toot Your Own Horn Ain't Nobody Gonna Toot It For You

13 - Sucking Up: A Lost Art

14 - Snagging A Good Gig: It's All About Persistence

15 - Accepting Adulthood: You Can Run But You Can't Hide

BONUS CHAPTERS

16 - Stairway to Tomorrowland: More Tips, Tricks and Hacks for Future-Minded Students

17 - Sealing the Deal: Winning Admissions Essays for College or Grad School

*** DEAD *** Legends of Rock & Roll - John Lennon (Before, During & After the Beatles) [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

James Hoag (Author)

Publication Date: September 21, 2012

16 Reviews and ☆☆☆☆☆
38 Likes

"It's All About the Music!"

Welcome to another in the Legends of Rock & Roll series.

This is, like the others, a mini-biography of one the greatest performers in the music world. This time, I highlight a British performer who was 1/4 of the great group, The Beatles, John Lennon.

However, this book is not about the Beatles.

While I know that you can’t write about John Lennon without considering the Beatles, the emphasis of this book is not the Beatles, but instead, the life and music of John Lennon.

In this particular volume, I will discuss John’s early life and his joining up with three other lads to create what is probably the greatest rock and roll group in the history of the world.

But it all ended at one point and John had a solo career which came to a tragic end in 1980.

Come with me for a walk down memory lane as I review the life of John Lennon, and especially, the music that he produced. We'll visit each of his hits and find out how they came to be written or how they were recorded; and discuss any trivia that might be associated with the music. This book is about the man but even more importantly, it's about the music. This series is my way of honoring the people that have brought so much joy to our lives over the years.

It is an unauthorized fan tribute.

The Chapters include:

Introduction - A general introduction and a kick-off for the book.
Growing Up - A brief summary of his life before the music started.
The School Years - Attending school and going to college where he met his first wife.
The Quarrymen - This was the group John created that evolved into the Beatles. Which member of the Beatles was not a Quarrymen?
The Birth of the Beatles - The final steps that resulted in the Beatles.
Personal Notes During This Period - Was John a romantic? How did he meet his first wife?
"Help!" - Some notes behind a couple famous Beatles songs.
"More Popular Than Jesus" - Why did John make this remark that caused a furor across the United States?
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi - The group gets into drugs and transcendental meditation.
Yoko Ono - How did John meet the love of his life? Read two versions.
John and Yoko -John's solo career actually began with Yoko before the Beatles broke up.
Going Solo - The actual breakup and John's first solo records.
"Imagine" - Some thoughts about his most famous song.
Trouble with the Law - Why would President Nixon try to deport John?
Lost Weekend - Yoko left John for some 18 months. How he coped.
"Walls and Bridges" - John finally gets his own number one song.
Paul, George & Ringo - What was John's relationship with the other guys after the breakup?
Retirement for Awhile - Yoko is pregnant, so John retires from performing to stay home and care for his family for 5 years.
December 8, 1980 - The fateful day. John is murdered by what is called a "crazed fan".
The Days After - The aftermath of the killing.
Legacy of John Lennon - Every Legends book has a Legacy section where we review the awards and contributions of the artist.
Afterword - My closing thoughts.
Selected Discography - A list of the major albums and singles by John Lennon.

*** DEAD *** Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want in Life [Kindle Edition] - normally $4.99

This was previously available for FREE so many may have this.

Jenny Gallagher (Author)

Publication Date: May 26, 2011

12 Reviews and ☆☆☆☆.5
37 Likes

World renowned wellness Coach and yoga instructor Jenny Gallagher has developed a revolutionary new approach to getting motivated and achieving dreams. In Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want in Life, Jenny approaches her life changing concepts as she would approach a yoga class. By combining the best past, present, and future motivational concepts, Jenny will help you learn to:

• Create a deeper understanding of what you want
• Manage stress
• Have a life/work balance
• Relax and find joy

Yen Path uses yoga in a holistic approach that encourages positive thought and action. Jenny explains yoga concepts as they relate to the benefits of stillness, balance, observation, nonjudgment, intention, perception, metaphysical laws, energetic patterns, biological characteristics, nutrition, exercise, wisdom, and gratitude. Her approach is logical, geared toward the professional, and leaves no stone unturned.

Um ... Mommy, I Think I Flushed My Brother Down The Toilet (Again) Return to Yuck Kingdom (Um ... Mommy, I Think I Flushed My Brother Down The Toilet (great ... through 4th graders) Teacher Recommended!) [Kindle Edition] - normally $1.99

Jeff Rivera (Author), Danko Hererra (Illustrator)

Publication Date: January 22, 2013

41 Reviews and ☆☆☆☆☆
56 Likes

The exciting SEQUEL (PART 2) to the original bestselling children's book

Welcome to ‘Yuck Kingdom’—AGAIN! Falisha Whiskers has flushed her little brother Jesse down the toilet even after she promised, no matter how annoying he is, to never ever to do it again! Now she has to flush herself down onto the muddy streets made of smelly jelly fellies, even though she’d hoped to never step foot inside that gross place again.

This time Falisha discovers she is on a special mission to rescue Jessie and all the Urpie Burpies from The Toilet Paper King—The Most Evil King in all of Yuck Kingdom—before it’s too late. Will she and a team of Slumpy Bumpies find them and get home before Falisha and Jessie’s daddy comes home or will Jessie have to stay in ‘Yuck Kingdom’ with The Toilet Paper King forever?

Exclusive: A Q&A with Jeff Rivera

Question: You write for many national outlets, you blog, you're on TV, you talk to kids all over the world and you’re a son and uncle of 12 nieces and nephews. How do you balance all that with your writing?
Rivera:
Great question. Sometimes I wonder the same thing but here's how I look at it: We're all blessed with 24 hours a day, so if you really want to do something, you can carve the time out to do it. Sometimes when people look at their lives and they think they don't have the time, they realize that they spend a lot of time watching TV or surfing the web or playing video games or staring up at the ceiling and when you subtract all that time, you realize, "Hey, I have a lot more time than I thought I did."

Q: You've written mostly for young adults in the past. How has writing for children been different for you?
Rivera:
I think it's a lot more fun because kids are so honest. They'll tell you very clearly what they like or don't like and you're able to write stories exactly the way they like them. Plus, I'm one of those adults that never has really grown up totally. I still buy toys for me to play with and I still watch cartoons and Disney and Dreamworks Animation movies.

Thanks OP got a few.

You're awesome for doing this! It is not unnoticed, thanks thanks thanks

Thanks! Feb 3 Some of the books are still free ordered the 1st 4!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014