• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

pizza hut sliders
Disclaimer
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-secret-is-out-pizza-...

DALLAS, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As America tuned in to the biggest sporting event of the year yesterday, pizza lovers watched, and listened, extra closely for the most famous word in the worlds of football and pizza: "Hut."

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130204/CG53315)

Last week, Pizza Hut announced that after "Hut" was heard on the gridiron during the Big Game in the Big Easy, they would conduct a massive giveaway of their next big pizza innovation. The drama ended early as TV viewers clearly heard the famous "Hut" during the second set of downs, unleashing a massive consumer event by providing free product at participating Pizza Hut restaurants nationwide. From 4-7 p.m. local time on Tuesday, Feb. 5, customers can get a free taste of the latest and greatest from Pizza Hut: Big Pizza Sliders. The giveaway is for carryout or dine-in only.

"The 'Hut' call came early and was loud and clear during the Big Game, and now we're ready to come through on our promise and activate one of the largest product giveaways in Pizza Hut history," said Kurt Kane , CMO, Pizza Hut. "America now has a chance to get a free taste of our new Big Pizza Sliders and on Tuesday we look forward to providing yet another Make It Great moment for our fans."

Big Pizza Sliders

Made with signature Pizza Hut Pan Pizza dough, these mega mini pizzas come nine to a box for $10 or three for $5 and are all about customization. Customers can choose up to three different recipe combos with up to three toppings each. That means you get what you want and what everyone else wants all at the same time. There's officially no more "fight" in pizza night. Pepperoni and cheese Big Pizza Sliders will be sampled on Tuesday.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I guess we're having Pizza Hut Tuesday night.
They are still doing the "any pizza for 10 bucks" promo and we can grab the free little sliders if we get there before 7.

People are confused about the offer on their fb page, lol, look at the comments:
here

iowahawkeye said:   I guess we're having Pizza Hut Tuesday night.
They are still doing the "any pizza for 10 bucks" promo and we can grab the free little sliders if we get there before 7.

People are confused about the offer on their fb page, lol, look at the comments:
here

I noticed a pattern of people confused about whether they need to call ahead, and many Pizza Huts claiming you have to make a purchase to get the offer.

here is a better link, plain and simple
https://www.facebook.com/PizzaHut

(posted by) Pizza Hut
21 hours ago.
"Donít forget to stop by your local Pizza Hut tomorrow from 4Ė7 p.m. to enjoy a FREE Big Pizza Slider! No purchase necessary, one per customer, dine-in or carryout."

I do see many ppl having problems trying to just get the deal without purchase.

If it is worth it to use your ink, print the offer to take along with you.

Good luck.

"No Purchase necessary"? Really? Can anyone in Northern Virginia confirm?

It looks pretty small in the photo. I'm supposed to drive over there for a mini pizza the size of my palm for free?

I don't think they are small at all, although I suppose that is relative. Look at how four pepperonis fit on one of the 'sliders'? How big do you expect a slider to be: the size of what smalls used to be before they stopped selling them? Of course, I am judging off of the image (just as you are), but I see it differently. Again, relative though; some people think Large pizzas are not big enough and easily go through all of the slices as if food were scarce in this nation.

I would like to hear from out east coasters (and those from Maine) since the promotion has already started for you guys. Easy to just walk in and walk out with the sliders? Any static given for asking for them without making a purchase? - E

DeltaSigChi4 said:   

I would like to hear from out east coasters (and those from Maine???) since the promotion has already started for you guys. Easy to just walk in and walk out with the sliders? Any static given for asking for them without making a purchase? - E

The sun certainly arrives here earlier in the morning than the rest of the nation, but the clock gets here at the same time with the rest of the east coast.

Thanks.

DeltaSigChi4 said:   I don't think they are small at all, although I suppose that is relative. Look at how four pepperonis fit on one of the 'sliders'? How big do you expect a slider to be: the size of what smalls used to be before they stopped selling them? Of course, I am judging off of the image (just as you are), but I see it differently. Again, relative though; some people think Large pizzas are not big enough and easily go through all of the slices as if food were scarce in this nation.

I would like to hear from out east coasters (and those from Maine) since the promotion has already started for you guys. Easy to just walk in and walk out with the sliders? Any static given for asking for them without making a purchase? - E

The PH website says they're selling them 10 in a box for $9 or 5 for $5 so they're certainly not large. Keep in mind that pepperoni can be made to scale and these mini pizzas certainly make them LOOK larger than they appear but these ARE "sliders" after all.

HEADING to my local ph thanks

They are basically a little smaller than pan pizzas at Little Caesars. As for the free thing, we went in to ask for a samples and pick up an order, and they gave us one slider in a small box. For all of us. It felt kind of bait-and-switch-y.

websta said:   They are basically a little smaller than pan pizzas at Little Caesars. As for the free thing, we went in to ask for a samples and pick up an order, and they gave us one slider in a small box. For all of us. It felt kind of bait-and-switch-y.

It was supposed to be one per person. You should have protested or rioted.

When I went, there was no line. The cashier said not many people came in to collect these, only about 6 total. I picked up 2 for myself and my friend had 2 also, 1 at a time. We were doing them a favor by each getting a 2nd one, since they probably would have gone unclaimed and been tossed out.

There were so few people coming to get their free Sliders that they had to have a couple employees approach people walking by asking if they would like to try the new item. I guess not many people knew about the promo. As for the pizza itself, it was pretty good.

dazviking said:   DeltaSigChi4 said:   

I would like to hear from out east coasters (and those from Maine???) since the promotion has already started for you guys. Easy to just walk in and walk out with the sliders? Any static given for asking for them without making a purchase? - E

The sun certainly arrives here earlier in the morning than the rest of the nation, but the clock gets here at the same time with the rest of the east coast.

Atlantic Standard Time zone is a myth?

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Atlantic/s/-4 - E

DeltaSigChi4 said:   dazviking said:   DeltaSigChi4 said:   

Atlantic Standard Time zone is a myth?

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Atlantic/s/-4 - E

Atlantic Time Zone is Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, as they do not observe Daylight Savings Time. ASFAIK, Maine observes DST and they are EST. More info.

Puerto Rico and the U.S. (as well as the rest) Virgin Islands are in the Caribbean, so maybe it should be CST zone, for Caribe. - E

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014