Kindle Books - 2.13.2013

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Please follow below for today's FREE kindle books. These may or may not be FREE tomorrow.

Shout out to archena for their daily contributions to the free books dept.

Member Summary

Free Kindle Books (4.90kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Iced Romance [Kindle Edition]
Whitney Boyd (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00A2HK934/

Book Description
Publication Date: November 5, 2012
New chick lit by TANNED, TONED AND TOTALLY FAKING IT author Whitney Boyd, "the Canadian Sophie Kinsella!"

Kennedy Carter has the perfect life. It includes an engagement to an NHL celebrity all-star, a Vera Wang wedding dress, and more money than she could ever spend. But when Kennedy learns that her fiance Todd is cheating on her, she's ready to leave the glamour and glitz behind.

She escapes to Orlando, Florida with a plan to rebuild her life while staying hidden from a country obsessed with celebrity scandals. The real world however, is tougher than she expected. Suddenly Kennedy has to deal with cockroaches, creepy alarm salesmen, and waiting tables... along with David, a gorgeous new love interest.

But what happens when the past refuses to stay hidden? When the truth of her background catches up to her, Kennedy must finally decide who she is, what she wants and where she really belongs.

Death of a Serpent (A Serafina Florio Mystery) [Kindle Edition]
Susan Russo Anderson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006V3XOKI/

Book Description
Publication Date: January 7, 2012
Death of a Serpent will be FREE Weds, Thurs, Fri, Feb 13, 14, 15
Newly revised!
Three bodies . . . A dark secret . . . And one woman determined to uncover the truth.
Sicily, October 1866. At a high-class house near Palermo, three women are knifed to death, their foreheads slashed with a strange mark, their bodies dumped on the madam's doorstep. Infuriated with the inept police inspector who does nothing to solve the crimes, the madam summons her friend, Serafina, and asks her to catch the killer. Serafina launches into the investigation, gathering evidence, following leads. An unexpected murder plunges her into despair, but not for long. In a defiant meeting with the local mafia capo, her arch enemy, she makes an important discovery. Now convinced of the murderer's identity, she enlists the help of her very pregnant daughter and together they conceive a daring plan to ensnare the killer, but not before Serafina uncovers shocking truths of her own.
EXTRA
*****Be sure to read NO MORE BROTHERS, and DEATH IN BAGHERIA, the second and third books in the Serafina Florio series of mysteries.
Meet Serafina Florio, a widow and midwife-turned-sleuth who births babies, struggles to support her children, and catches criminals despite insurmountable odds.

The Man Who Built the World (supernatural thriller) [Kindle Edition]
Chris Ward (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B009C9760C

Book Description
Publication Date: September 16, 2012
Matthew Cassidy is a man on the verge of self-destruction. His career is in tatters and his marriage is hanging by a thread under the threat of a latent violence he is struggling to control. His wife Rachel is on the verge of leaving him even before a phone call from his estranged father pulls him back into a world of violence and mystery that he left behind on a bloody winter's night sixteen years before.

Matt must return to the quiet little country town of Tamerton, where he grew up in a world of questions but few answers. The town has changed but the mysteries remain, and Matt must question everything he thought he knew about his past. Why was his little sister mute? What really happened to his mother? And who are the two beautiful, ageless sisters who live in an isolated cottage out on the moor?

The Man Who Built the World is a tour de force supernatural thriller where the answers are never quite what they seem . . .

Excerpt from The Man Who Built the World :

You can't just leave like that, you know you can't.

The thought hit him like a hard slap across the face, and for a moment he stumbled, catching his footing just in time to avoid tumbling towards the puddles hidden in the dark at his feet. Just a thought, just a stupid, irrational thought, but it had snagged him like the barb of a fisherman's hook. His very presence back in Tamerton had opened up a can of long forgotten emotions that would take time to sort, time he didn't have. Time he didn't want to give. His sister wouldn't know he had come; she was dead, after all. And what sort of reception could expect from his father? Ian Cassidy had made the call to him - only Heaven knew how he had found Matt's number - but how much of that had been as a duty? How much did he really want to see his son?

Welcome home, son. Welcome home, little me.

The Man Who Built the World is a paranormal/fantasy/horror novel of 230 pages.

Chris Ward is the author of the science fiction epic The Tube Riders, as well as dozens of published short stories, the best of which can be found on Amazon as part of the collection Ms Ito's Bird & Other Stories.

Drayton (The Taker) [Kindle Edition]
Tony Bertauski (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007JYOOGQ/

Book Description
Publication Date: March 12, 2012
Adult Paranormal.

Drayton once believed he was a vampire. He doesn’t know what he is. Or why he has lived for thousands of years. He takes not his victim’s blood but the silky essence of their soul during their last breath. Often mistaken for the Angel of Death, his victims sometimes ask for forgiveness. Sometimes he delivers. After all, he is not without sin.

Blake Barnes commits suicide by freezing on Mt. Hood. As his life fades, he assumes Death has come to him in the form of a young man. In his last moments, he asks Death to find his family, to tell them he's sorry. Drayton honors this last request as he absorbs Blake Barnes' waning essence. He travels to the Lowcountry of South Carolina to find his family. But saying sorry is not always as easy as the words imply. Drayton seeks to unravel the mess Blake Barnes has left behind and the predator he's unleashed on his family.

The Secret Desires of a Soccer Mom [Kindle Edition]
Robyn Harding (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Secret-Desires-Soccer-ebook/dp/B007SBK...

Book Description
Publication Date: April 6, 2012
Paige Atwell is completely satisfied with her suburban existence: the carpools, coffee klatches and scheduled sex night with her husband. But when her friend Karen admits to a steamy love affair, Paige is forced to reexamine her life. Is she really content? Or is she merely complacent? Then Karen is found dead in a pool of blood in her garage and Paige’s quiet life is shaken to its core. Paige doesn’t buy the accident theory Karen’s husband is spinning. And she knows that Karen’s adulterous secret could give the police the motive they need. But Paige can’t destroy her friend’s reputation and turn her into gossip fodder. She realizes her only choice is to investigate Karen’s death herself… a choice that leads her into danger, temptation and a secret so shocking that their quiet suburb will never be the same. The Secret Desires of a Soccer Mom offers us a darkly funny look at what goes on behind closed doors in the cul-de-sac.

Reviews:

"[Robyn Harding] concocts a deft comic look at suburban marriage malaise and a surprising remedy -- a friend's murder that turns her into an unlikely sleuth; contender for best book title of the season.”

— Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"This hilarious tale of motherhood, marriage, murder and suburban lust is laugh-out-loud funny.”

— Tucson Citizen

"Ms. Harding creates characters and a story that will not be forgotten.”

— Coffeetimeromance.com

Garbage! Monster! Burp! [Kindle Edition]
Tom Watson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Garbage-Monster-Burp-ebook/dp/B004RCNVWG/

Book Description
Publication Date: March 9, 2011
A monster at the bottom of a hill eats all of the garbage generated by the town on top of the hill. This provides two important benefits: The monster is happy with plenty to eat and the town stays nice and clean. Unfortunately, as the town grows, so does the amount of garbage the monster must consume. He gets bigger - and he starts burping. This is, as you can probably guess, a bit unsightly and stinky. In the end, the kids figure out how to solve the problem - despite the nasty mayor's doubts and objections.

Free Story "Little Bad Wolf and Red Riding Hood" from Newfangled Fairy Tales [Kindle Edition]
Bruce Lansky (Author), Timothy Tocher (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Story-Little-Riding-Newfangled-ebook/dp/B0...

Book Description
Publication Date: March 6, 2012
The Big Bad Wolf is running a successful scam on Little Red's Grandma until Little Red catches him in the act.

In this free short story Big Bad Wolf is running a successful scam on Little Red's Grandma until Little Red catches him in the act.

If you like this sample story, look for The Newfangled Fairy Tales series. Each fairy tale in the series puts a delightful new spin on classic stories and themes. King Midas is a workaholic banker who would rather play with his money than attend his son's Little League baseball games. The Three Bears invade Goldy's house because their forest home is being stripped to build a super highway. A Prince refuses to marry any of the grumpy princesses who lost sleep because there were peas under their mattresses. A clever princess pays a dragon to lose a fight so she can marry the man she loves. The twenty short stories in this series are lots of fun.

"Here is a new generation of fairy tales to make children laugh, not hide under the covers."

--Stephen Mooser, author of Young Marion's Adventures in Sherwood Forrest: A Girl's to the Rescue Novel

Get Inside Her: Dirty Dating Tips & Secrets From A Woman On How To Attract, Seduce And Get Any Female You Want [Kindle Edition]
Marni Kinrys (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Inside-Her-Secrets-ebook/dp/B00AY8OCIY

Book Description
Publication Date: January 7, 2013
Guys, Discover Insider Dating Tips From A Woman:

One night, I sat up late reading email after email from attractive, witty guys who were single and ready to date, and instead of being impressed and enraptured, I began to wonder what on earth was going wrong in the world. You see, these emails were not the typical online dating messages. They weren't asking me out on dates, or vying for desire or attention. They were sent from great guys, who no matter what they tried, always seemed to find that beautiful women ended up dating jerks and never calling them back.

Now, you might be wondering what all these guys are doing emailing me their questions, but as a professional Wing Girl, it's my duty to be the girl who gives it to guys straight of the dating community. I'm always brutally honest and have been told I have a gift for seeing things from both sides of the dating lines, but it took me a few glasses of wine and some seriously deep thinking to try to piece the puzzle together.

What was going on?

I knew all my gorgeous girlfriends were looking for these types of men. Men who were exciting, fun, good, honest and who had their life together...

So as they were they emailing me, detailing their failed attempts, I tried to find the one common factor that was holding these great guys back. I spoke with them at length about their dating history, trying to figure out if they were doing something wrong, and then it struck me.

It wasn't them; it was "The Game" they had been told to play.

They had the best intentions, but they were going about attracting and dating beautiful women in all the wrong ways. They were dating from the male perspective and in a way that seemed right to other guys; but this wasn't communicated clearly to women!

As I started to reply to each email, instead of telling them what I thought they wanted to hear or what I thought male Pick Up Artists might tell them, I started to lay it all out on the line. Later on, when I asked my girlfriends for their opinion, they couldn't believe what I had written.

I was revealing all secrets women would never tell men. I was putting it out there in a way that would give guys what my girlfriends called the upper hand, but I defended my actions. These were genuinely great guys! I was tired of hearing how women could never find what they were looking for. Now, when I was gave the men a road map to go out and find them, they freaked out!

That's when I knew I had something worth sharing. Something that would turn the dating world on its head; finally, I thought, "It's time to shake things up!"

If you have ever wondered why you aren't on the calendars of beautiful women, why they never seem to call back, or always end up with the jerks of the world, then you have to hear what I have to say.

You need to accept that it's not your fault and face the facts. Men and women are different. We act, think, and date differently. If you want to find success, you have to see things from a different perspective. You have to gain the world's first (and best) awarded female Pick Up Artists perspective!

Now when I go out, meet with clients, call, or email these great guys back, I get something in return. I get to see them finally date the women they have always wanted and deserved. They tell me how easy and simple it has become, and how they cannot believe they didn't think of it first. Of course, I always laugh and tell them, "How could you? We think differently!"

They send me photographs, updates, and once in a while, I'll be invited to a wedding or two.

Other times, I'm just happy that great guys are getting out there and enjoying the company of gorgeous women who appreciate finding the men they've been trying to find. I really do love my job!

Now, it's your turn. Come see where the controversy lays. Discover the secrets that will make women want you, chase you, and call you back every time. Become the man you have always wanted to be but didn't know how.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland [illustrated] [Kindle Edition]
Lewis Carroll (Author), Peter Newell (Illustrator), Beasie Pease Guttman (Illustrator), John Tenniel (Illustrator), E. Gertrude Thompson (Illustrator), Brinsley Le Fanu (Illustrator), Charles Robinson (Illustrator), Arthur Rackham (Illustrator)

http://www.amazon.com/Alices-Adventures-Wonderland-illustrated-e...

Book Description
Publication Date: September 4, 2011
Includes Sir John Tenniel’s classic illustrations, along with a gallery of art from six different artists’ interpretations!

Mix equal parts creativity, bewilderment, and complete nonsense and you have Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. On a day that begins like any other, Alice notices a rabbit—a rabbit with a pocket watch. She chases after it and stumbles down a hole… and keeps falling and falling and falling. That’s when things start to get weird. She encounters a bizarre cast of characters — the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, a pipe-smoking caterpillar, the Pigeon, a Duchess, the Cook, and the decapitation-happy Queen of Hearts. It’s an adventure of completely intolerable logic, as witty as it is completely insane.

Attract and Feed a Hungry Crowd: How Thinking Like a Chef Can Help You Build a Solid Business [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Tea Del Alma Silvestre (Author)

Publication Date: March 26, 2012

36 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯✯
28 Likes

Inspired by Seth Godin's "Linchpin," this book takes a closer look at why and how every small business owner can break away from the competition by thinking like a Chef ("not a cook or bottle washer").

With so many "gurus" on the internet selling roadmaps and recipes that guarantee big success, it's time to refocus on your right brain, your creative side, the part of you that invents, connects others and makes remarkable things happen.
These ten guidelines help entrepreneurs remember how to do things with a rulebook.

Every new business owner wants to find and feed a hungry crowd. This short little book helps you build a solid foundation and focus on what matters.

Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb: The Graphic Novel for Middle Grade Reluctant Readers (Super Zombie Juice Graphic Novels) [Kindle Edition]

MJ Ware (Author)

Publication Date: March 21, 2012

38 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯.5
20 Likes

When life gives you lemons, kill zombies -- turns out lemon juice neutralizes the undead.

This critically acclaimed book is now available as a graphic novel!

After a failed attempt at running away, best friends Nathan and Misty return home expecting to face angry parents. Instead, they discover the military has destroyed the bridges out of their rural town and everyone's fled--except a small horde of the living dead. The stress of flesh-eating zombies may be more than their already strained relationship can handle.

Even with the help of the town geek and lemonade-powered Super-Soakers, there's not enough time to squeeze their way out of this sticky mess. Unless the trio eradicates the zombie infestation, while avoiding the deadly zombie snot, the military will blow the town, and them, to pulp.

Their only shot is something with a lot more punch. Something like the Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb. But even if their friendship survives, there's another problem: Someone has to lure the undead into the trap.

"I enjoyed Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb, it is such a fun -- and scary -- adventure. I couldn't stop turning the pages as I watched Nathan and Misty try to make their way out of a zombie-infested small town. Nathan's genuine voice wins over from the start. His puzzlement over how his long friendship with Misty seems to be changing now that they have turned into teens adds to the story, making it more than just zombie-whacking action -- not that zombie-whacking is in short supply." -- Laura Lond, author of My Sparkling Misfortune.

Includes two free short stories.
Print version is approximately 208 pages (40,000 words). Contains over 30 images and is the same text as the non-graphic novel edition, so please do not buy both.
Parents note: This book contains no cursing or strong language, and no explicit gore or violence. However, scenes of intense zombie action may be disturbing to younger readers.

A group of independent authors have banded together to offer their books for free in the Amazon Kindle store for today and tomorrow only – what does that mean for you? Well, it means you get to peruse 30+ FREE Kindle books in the romance genre at your leisure – some of these are multibook box sets – just remember the freebie period ends at the end of the day Thursday…hopefully, you will be able to find one (or more) you will read and enjoy.

Rather than listing them all out, I’ve created a link that will open up on the Amazon Kindle storefront for those books by genre as follows:

Type in http://smarturl.it/0213romance into your web browser

I try to stay away from novels and only try to post Advice, How To, Kids, Cooking stuff here

This is likely my last day doing this, since I have posted detailed links to free books in each topic.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1256767/

It was only due to the "deal" that I decided to post once more

Business Around A Lifestyle Volume 1 (First Step: How To Dream Your Perfect Lifestyle, Then Go Get It!) [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Jim Kukral (Author), Carrie Wilkerson (Foreword)

Publication Date: February 19, 2012

28 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯.5
37 Likes

How To Change Your Lifestyle & Create A Real Web Business

A no B.S, no holds-barred, no-fluff book that will change the way you think & live, for the better!
Full of real, actionable advice from a reputable, 16-year Web entrepreneur & author. Learn how to:

Cut Through All The Crap & Really Learn You Can Change Your Life

You risk never living the lifestyle you've always wanted if you don't at first believe you can have it. How do so many other people seem to have so much success and you don't? Learn from real entrepreneurs who have done it, and have them tell you HOW they did it, and get inspired to do it yourself.

Increase Your Odds Of Really Changing Your Life & Business
Want to have a life where you work when you want, where you want, on things you care about? This quick, easy and motivational and inspirational book will prove to you that it's possible. It all sounds like such bullcrap; but it's not. You can build a legitimate new lifestyle that you want IF you believe it. Do you? You need to, and this book will get you there.

Shut Up The People Who Say You Can't Do It
The Internet has made millionaires out of millions of people. Real, regular people with skills and knowledge about any topic who use the power of the Web to build a legitimate and long-lasting online business. Want to know how?

SuperCharged Brain: Improve Your Memory, Increase Production, Strengthen Your Mind [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Brian Night (Author)

Publication Date: September 21, 2012

8 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯.5
10 Likes

Did You Know:

There are an estimated 24 million people who suffer from memory loss

The Number Of Americans With Alzheimers will jump to 7.7 million by 2050

People will spend hours at a gym building their muscles, but ignore the greatest muscle they have- their brain

Your brain is the most powerful computing device known to man, yet we see many individuals never reach their full potential in regards to brain power. You
need to think of your brain like a muscle. Just like your calf muscles or biceps, the more you train your brain and strengthen it, the stronger your brain becomes.
Since your brain makes up your thoughts, conciseness, and defines you as a person, by strengthening your brain you are in a sense strengthening
yourself as a person. It's a shame that many people will continue through life never realizing the true potential of their brain, and the potential they have as
human beings. Unfortunately, in today's society our brain health is being ignored and overlooked, in favor of quick fixes and stimulation through other sources such as the
Internet and television.

Our goal, is to change this trend with this book. We are going to provide you with tips and techniques on how to supercharge your brain. We will give you
exercises and tips on how to improve memory, expand your knowledge base, and keep your brain running like a fine-tuned engine. Just like when you first
start to workout, some readers may experience an immediate boost in brain activity and mental health. Just remember that if you really want a strong brain
and mind, you need to work your brain out every day for years on end. This book will show you exactly what you need accomplish to have a supercharged brain. As we mentioned above, the main goal of this book is to give you the power to change
your current habits, begin strengthening your brain muscle, and unleash the supercharged brain that we all know you have. Good Luck!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014