***DEAD *** Kindle Books - 2.18.2013

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Please follow below for today's FREE kindle books. These may or may not be FREE tomorrow.

Member Summary

kindle (49.81kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

The Rainbow Stick Boy (A children's picture book about diversity, and the beauty within) [Kindle Edition]

Michael Santolini (Author), Kate Santolini (Editor)

Publication Date: July 8, 2012

27 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯.5
82 Likes

This is the story of Huey, a stick boy who is born a little different than everyone else in the town. He doesn't let his differences keep him down. Huey finds a friend who is also a little different and together they find the magic at the end of the rainbow, and discover that their differences are really only skin deep.

This is a great Kindle e-book about diversity and the beauty within!

Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds [Kindle Edition]

Charles Mackay (Author)

Publication Date: April 18, 2010

83 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯
8 Likes

The frequently quoted classic exposition of the madness and folly of "popular opinion". Extensive discussion about history's most infamous speculative investment bubbles - the Tulipmania, the South Sea Bubble, and more. Additional coverage and debunking of delusions including alchemy, witch-hunts, The Crusades and duels. Present day writers on economics, such as Andrew Tobias, laud the chapters on economic bubbles.

Jake Bakes Cakes. A Silly Rhyming Children's Picture Book [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Gerald Hawksley (Author, Illustrator)

Publication Date: June 1, 2011

73 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯.5
27 Likes

"This is Jake.
Jake bakes cakes!
What kind of cakes does Jake bake?
He bakes upside down cakes for acrobats.
And pumpkin cakes for witches and their cats.
He bakes banana cakes for monkey in the tree.
And fish cakes for fishes in the sea . . ."
But what does Jake do when his baking day is done? Why, he throws off his hat, puts up his feet and . . . well you'll find out at the end of this jolly rhyming picture book.

*** DEAD ***Titanic A to Z, The Story of the World's Most Famous Shipwreck [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Judy Nichols (Author)

Publication Date: April 17, 2012

16 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯.5
9 Likes

Titanic A to Z, the Story of the World's Most Famous Shipwreck, is a children's picture book that takes young readers, ages 5-9, through the alphabet to learn about the sinking of the Titanic. Authentic photos from 1912 make the true facts come alive as young readers learn about the Titanic without dwelling on the gloomy aspects.
Details seldom found in other Titanic books will answer such questions as: Did kids help build the Titanic? What did kids do for fun when on board the ship the first four days? Who brought their pets along? Why did the kids like the Titanic barbershop? Who saw the iceberg first? How did the Captain of the rescue ship find out the Titanic was sinking? What scared the survivors as they waited for the rescue ship to take them on board? How were the kids who survived carried on board the rescue ship?
The introduction tells the story of the Titanic, followed by interesting details added in an alphabetic sequence. Suitable to read aloud to younger children while boys and girls who read at 2nd or 3rd grade reading level can enjoy reading it to themselves.[/L]

Not Like My Mother:Becoming a sane parent after growing up in a CRAZY family by Irene Tomkinson, MSW [Kindle Edition] - normally $9.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OYB8OO

MSW Irene Tomkinson (Author)

Publication Date: February 14, 2008

24 Reviews and ✯✯✯✯.5
17 Likes

"Not Like My Mother This book is a gift for anyone who has ever said,

“I am NOT going to raise my kids the way I was raised!!”

If you are trying to be the parent you always wanted and didn’t get, Irene will teach you why it is more effective that you be the parent your children need – not the one you needed. How to separate what belongs to your history and what belongs in your present life is some of the rich, practical advice you will take away from Not Like My Mother.

In the early distribution of Not Like My Mother readers reported they couldn’t put the book down. It reads like a compelling novel with a human and spiritual insight that makes you feel a part of the conversation.

YOU WILL WANT THIS BOOK FOR ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!!"[/L]

Thanks for the tip archena.

Got the Kindle app on my android to read, if anyone thinks they NEED a Kindle to read the books you should know that an Android works just fine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014