Member Summary

Bayer Contour Next EZ Meter (29.74kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Thank's got one.

Bayer Diabetes Care
24/7 Support: 1-800-348-8100

Thanks OP.

Thanks for the link got one for myself and a neighbor!

include strips?

vickh said:   include strips?

Generally, no. The whole idea behind giving you the free meter, is to have you buy their strips. Some starter kits from doctor's offices include a limited number of strips (10 to 12) so yu can test right away until you are able to purchase strips.

Also, diabetics should know that just about any company will provide you with a free meter (and lancet device if you are a new user), and replace it at no cost if it should become defective. I have used the Bayer Breeze with the Microlet and Breeze 2 for many years. When they upgraded from Breeze to Breeze 2, current Breeze owners received the newer meters. When my breeze 2 died recently, Bayer replaced it at no cost. I still use my original Microlet for lancets, though they have since come out with Microlet 2. The Contour is more popular than the Breeze, so Bayer almost always advertises the Contour, with offers to obtain one free. (If you search the FS archives, you will find numerous posts for free Bayer meters). The Breeze 2 is more arthritis/disabled friendly, since it doesn't use individual strips. but a disc of 10 placed inside, that you load by simply pushing and pulling the handle. My 85 yo mom also uses the Breeze 2. If you'd prefer a Breeze 2, you can contact them directly. Bayer also provides free battery replacement for their meters.

Finally, the picture the mod put in Quick Summary is for the starter kit given to new users by doctors, it includes the lancet device. This offer is only for the meter. There is no Microlet/2 lancet device. It will come with the case (looks like the one that my new Breeze 2 came with, rather flimsy, I like my old one better). It should include information on signing up for the Contour club (for any Bayer meter user, not just the Contour). Membership includes your choice of a free case in a color you select from the available choices. Those cases may be nicer than the flimsy one that comes with the meter.

ETA: My Microlet has been sticking, and Wednesday it jammed, when I tried to unjam it, a piece of plastic fell out. Called Bayer, and they are replacing the original Microlet with a new Microlet/2. So if you own a Microlet that you got in a starter kit, or purchased, and it malfunctions or breaks, and you registered your devices with Bayer, they replace the lancet devices too.

I tried to register the contour next USB online, but keep getting the error "The product code/serial number you have provided is not valid"... I know 100% that I have entered correct information from the machine..

WOW! THANKS! That's a lifesaver for me!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014