***DEAD *** Kindle Books - 3.1.2013

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Please follow below for today's FREE kindle books. These may or may not be FREE tomorrow or even later today. I can only guarantee FREE at time of posting.

Member Summary

Kindle books (87.29kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

Scratch Breads: Easy Homemade Breads & Sweets [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Kathy Burns-Millyard (Author, Photographer)

Publication Date: January 7, 2013

8 Reviews [☆☆☆☆☆]
3 Likes

Easy Recipes for Home Made Breads and Sweets

I love to cook and the bread recipes in this book are those that I use regularly. When I come across a new recipe that looks good I often follow that recipe closely the first time, and then adjust it to my needs and preferences until I have just what I'm looking for. Sometimes the modified recipe is similar to the original and sometimes it is quite different.

In this book you'll find my base recipes as I have adjusted them. I go beyond those basic instructions however, to include a variety of tips and tricks that will help you to make your own adjustments if desired.

All of the recipes in this booklet are simple, easy and flexible. You'll find in fact, that I have only included about a dozen basic recipes because these are building blocks. Once you are comfortable with the baking knowledge you gain from this book you will be able to skillfully whip up a number of different tastes and textures by making simple adjustments.

Each recipe is simple yet delicious, and none of them require expensive special ingredients. With this booklet, you can dig into the pantry and create

• Rich Fudge Brownies

• Sweet White Bread

• Easy English Muffins

• Flexible Cornbread

• Rolled Tortillas

• and more!

I am not a professional chef. I don't have a cooking show on TV and I don't claim to know everything under the sun about baking bread. I am simply a 40 something year old woman who learned to cook from scratch as a child and have done so regularly throughout life. I love to make baked goods and I'm quite good at it.

I strongly believe in creating food that is filling, flavorful and satisfying. I do not like sweet for sweet's sake for example - sugar is not a flavor in my world, it's a compliment - but I love rich and flavorful. If you're not sure of the difference, trust me, you will understand fully after you've made my Rich Fudge Brownies :

All of my base recipes use standard pantry items. I look for new recipes when I'm in the mood to cook - not shop.

I always have a supply of pantry Staples on hand so that I can cook whenever the mood strikes. If you are a strict beginner to baking bread and related sweets at home, you may find there are ingredients you'll need to purchase. I've provided a pantry Staples list in the baking basics section of this book to help you get those initial supplies stocked.

This book uses standard American measurements and abbreviations. If you are unfamiliar with these, refer to the measurements reference section at the end.

Cook the Part [Kindle Edition] - normally $9.99

Karin Eastham (Author), Traci O'Very Covey (Illustrator), Cari Lightfoot Pike (Photographer)

Publication Date: October 15, 2011

39 Reviews [☆☆☆☆☆]
19 Likes

Ready to experience a new twist on entertaining? Cook the Part is much more than a collection of recipes. It's an entertaining revolution. Each of the eight themed menus in this book is divided into parts. Your guests work in teams to cook a part of a fabulous four-course meal. Cook the Part helps you organize and create a memorable evening of hands-on cooking while enjoying the camaraderie of your guests for a phenomenal gourmet dinner. If you are intimidated by the thought of having a dinner party, let this book boost your confidence. Cook the Part allows anyone, even the inexperienced, to host dinner parties that will leave guests talking for months. The secret ingredient to your success is the perfect plan. Cook the Part provides detailed hosting plans that divide an entire gourmet menu into scripted parts, allowing groups of 6-12 participants enjoy the cooking process together. The menus offer a world of global flavors, such as Baja Fish Tacos, Greek Souvlaki or Tuscan Chicken Under a Brick. With this guide, even the most sophisticated dishes are broken down into manageable preparation steps, resulting in a fabulous dinner to be enjoyed with your friends, family, co-workers or gourmet group. Cook the Part provides you with a guide for a great teambuilding activity in the comfort of your own kitchen. Guests leave empowered with new recipes and cooking techniques to show off at home. The experience is fun, interactive and delicious.

Psychology Student Guide [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

David Webb (Author)

Publication Date: October 30, 2012

10 Reviews [☆☆☆☆.5]
11 Likes

International #1 Best Seller!

Calling all psychology students - you need to read this guide!

Drawing on the author's experience as both a student and then a University lecturer in Psychology, this guide is designed to inform psychology students at every stage of their educational journey.

Guide Highlights:

◦ Priced super low with students in mind.

◦ Contains an invaluable collection of outstanding resources.

◦ Provides information on every type of psychology you can think of.

◦ Includes detailed guidance notes to help you with your psychology project.

◦ Gives you access to free peer reviewed journal articles.

◦ Shows you why research methods and statistics should be embraced, not feared.

◦ Tells you all you need to know about the study and practice of psychology.

◦ Lets you explore the less serious side of psychology.

◦ Invites you to connect with thousands of psychology students online.

SEO Made Simple: Search Engine Optimizatoin Strategies for Dominating the World's Largest Search Engine [Kindle Edition] - normally $4.95

Michael H. Fleischner (Author)

Publication Date: January 1, 2010

261 Reviews [☆☆☆☆.5]
2 Likes

SEO Made Simple: Search Engine Optimization Strategies for Dominating the World's Leading Search Engine is a tell-all guide for anyone trying to reach the highly coveted #1 ranking on Google for their Web site or Blog. Learn from a leading Webmaster the specific SEO techniques that deliver top rankings in less than 30 days.

Whether you're a search engine optimization expert or new to Web site rankings, the techniques revealed in SEO Made Simple will give you everything you need to dominate the leading search engines. Generate tons of traffic to your website absolutely FREE with top search engine placement on Google, Yahoo! and Bing. SEO Made Simple is the only resource on search engine optimization that you'll ever need.

How To Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced My Day-Job With My Blog [Kindle Edition]

Bob Lotich (Author)

Publication Date: August 1, 2010

84 Reviews [☆☆☆☆.5]
17 Likes

**** Thanks to all the readers who helped make this book the #1 Bestseller on Amazon in the Blogging category ****

In 2 years Bob went from not knowing what a blog was to making more money blogging than from his corporate day-job.

Bob Lotich founded ChristianPF.com back in 2007 and after getting laid off in 2008 he took the leap into full-time blogging. Less than a year later he was earning more from his blog than his previous day-job. While his results are not typical, this book covers all the steps he took to make money from his blog over that two-year period.

These are some of the topics covered in the book:

* 4 Steps to Start Blogging in 10 minutes
* Blogging Basics
* How to setup a Self-Hosted Blog
* The importance of a Customizable Wordpress theme
* 3 primary ways I earn from my blog
* How long does it take to make money from your blog?
* How to get traffic to your blog
* SEO Tips for bloggers
* How I increased Adsense earnings $1500/m in less than 3 months
* 9 online tools that made it all possible

Superhero Success - Expand Your CAPE-ability To Breakthrough Any Challenge, Overcome Any Fear, And Become A Superhero In Life And Business! [Kindle Edition] - notmally $5.95

TW Walker (Author), Scott Alexander (Foreword)

Publication Date: November 10, 2012

98 Reviews [☆☆☆☆.5]
73 Likes

Success in life and business is a simple formula that can sometimes seem difficult, but anyone can master if they want it bad enough.

Endorsed by the Napoleon Hill Foundation, you'll be entertained as you learn more about the law of success as interpreted by a savvy father of an 8-year-old boy. Gain a deeper understanding of leadership, a positive attitude, and how successful people think!

You'll laugh, learn, and fall in love with the characters in this comic-strip-come-to-life parable for conquering fear and achieving high-level success that people of ALL ages will understand.

Inside Superhero Success you will find commentaries from ABC's Secret Millionaire James Malinchak (who also co-authored a book from the world famous "Chicken Soup For The Soul" series) and also top selling author Scott Alexander of the famous Rhinocerous Success book series.

Also included in this very unique book is an Action Planner that will serve as a personal guide to expand your CAPE-ability for FAST implementation of the Superhero Success principles.

As an added bonus, you'll also have access to a FREE gift worth $197!

More here FREE from TW Walker http://www.amazon.com/TW-Walker/e/B009TZS8EC

thank you! I look forward to your daily posts!

Please note this was also available in January 2013 as FREE, if you missed this it is FREE again.

Extraordinary Lessons From an Ordinary Life - Simple Insights for a Better Life [Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

Mike Jaroch (Author)

Publication Date: September 14, 2011

34 Reviews [☆☆☆☆☆]
38 Likes

Mike Jaroch shares his Extraordinary Life Lessons from his ordinary life of being a son, brother to 12 siblings, businessman, father, grandfather and humanitarian. His insights are simple, to the point and poignant. Anyone desiring some clarity in the direction of their life will enjoy co-pondering these life issues with Mike deep inside these chapters.

Foreword The Greatest Discovery Of Any Generation Is That A Human Being Can Alter His Life By Altering His Attitude. - William James

You are what you think about A door-to-door salesman taught me one of the most important lessons of life. The most brutal truth.

Knowing the right momentA short article by Winston Churchill during a rest break on the shipping dock taught me the importance of timing.

Be honest with yourself about yourself I took up the sport of golf and the first important lesson I learned had nothing to do with hitting the ball.

For anything to be totally spontaneous it must be rehearsed My professor said something strange and also very important.

Money equals choices not things To achieve the type of financial freedom that few know, focus on the options money gives you.

Persistence as the ultimate attribute The famous quote of President Calvin Coolidge made so much sense and immediately became my favorite.

Nobody can ring your bell The intimidators in life move on to prey on others when they realize they can’t ring your bell.

When things aren't going your way - They are Today’s rejections, no matter how painful, are tomorrow’s opportunities.

Hone your patience to best your competition With your eyes always on the prize, the ability to outwait everyone, if need be, is so important.

Create a dilemma Rather than wait for that special wish to happen make the
goal that of causing many to happen at once.

Give me the ball When the pressure was on to win the game, the great basketball player, Larry Bird, wanted the ball to come to him.

Make an early savings deposit A mental game I played on myself to be more like my mentor. It set me free to take risks and step forward as never before.

No decision is a decisionThe illusion of buying more time actually takes it away leaving at best a hurried decision process or at worst panic.

80 percent of success is just showing up When Woody Allen’s insight becomes a part of you, your only remaining fear is to hesitate.

Focus Developing your A-list of priorities is one thing. What differentiates you is having the discipline to focus on the most critical things.

Go to the pain The Horse Whisperer taught me how moving counter to our intuition creates an advantage in people relations.

Begin at the end Whether the news is good or bad, it’s easier to begin there and cover the context later.

Management makes 'the' difference Results, positive or negative, are the leader’s problem. Excellent leaders know their reaction makes ‘the’ difference.

Be obsessive about communication Despite all the wonders of technology, unresponsive is the norm. Communicate, Respond, and Stand Out!

The word is integrity Your word is your bond. You do as you say and nothing less. A leader without integrity is dead in place.

Trusting your own judgment My student became my teacher when he asked
the impossible question.

The Addiction of Mary Todd Lincoln [Kindle Edition] - normally $6.95

Anne Beidler (Author)

Publication Date: December 15, 2009

27 Reviews [☆☆☆☆]
17 Likes

Mary Todd Lincoln, wife of the president we have immortalized, has ­always been difficult for us to understand. She could appear poised and ­brilliant one moment, yet rude and ugly the next. Sometimes competent and strong, able to entertain dignitaries from around the world, at other times she ­appeared dependent and weak. At times she seemed utterly beside ­herself with sobbing and screaming.
Historians have mostly avoided saying very much about Mary Todd ­Lincoln except in reference to her husband, Abraham. To many it would seem that Mary Todd Lincoln is still an embarrassment in the tragic story of her martyred husband. But Mary Todd Lincoln lived her own tragic story even before Abraham was murdered. She was an addict, addicted to the opiates she needed for her migraine headaches.

Seeing Mary Todd Lincoln as an addict helps us understand her and give her the compassion and admiration she deserves. In her time there had been no courageous First Lady like Betty Ford to help people ­understand the power of addiction. There was no treatment center. In Mary Todd Lincoln’s time there were many addicts at all levels of society, as there are now, but it was a more socially acceptable condition for men to have than for women. More importantly, addiction was not very well understood, and it was often mistreated.

Because Mary Todd Lincoln’s only surviving son, Robert Lincoln, made a great effort to protect his mother and his family from journalists and ­historians, he intentionally destroyed most of Mary Todd Lincoln’s medical records and many of her letters. What he could not destroy, however, is the record of Mary Todd Lincoln’s pain and the record of how she behaved while living with this pain.

In The Addiction of Mary Todd Lincoln, we can see clearly, for the first time, what Mary Todd Lincoln had to live with and the courage it took for her to carry on.

Of Moths and Butterflies[Kindle Edition] - normally $2.99

V.R. Christensen (Author), B. Lloyd (Illustrator)

Publication Date: October 5, 2011

51 Reviews [☆☆☆☆]
105 Likes

Archer Hamilton is a collector of rare and beautiful insects. Gina Shaw is a servant in his uncle’s house. Clearly out of place in the position in which she has been discovered, she becomes a source of fascination . . . and curiosity.

A girl with a blighted past and a fortune she deems a curse, Gina has lowered herself in order to find escape from her family and their scheming designs. But when she is found, the stakes suddenly become dire.

All Gina wants is the freedom to live her life as she would wish. All her aunts want is the money that comes with her. But there is more than one way to trap an insect. An arranged marriage might turn out profitable for more parties than one.

Mr. Hamilton is about to make the acquisition of a lifetime. But will the price be worth it? Can a woman captured and acquired learn to love the man who has bought her?

Home Sanctuary: Declutter, Simplify, and Relax the Natural Way [Kindle Edition] - normally $3.99

Diyana Nicole (Author)

Publication Date: June 22, 2012

11 Reviews [☆☆☆☆.5]
19 Likes

What Happened to "Welcome Home"?

Our homes can easily be turned into disorganized, cluttered and a stressful spaces. Places that are no longer inviting, welcoming, or relaxing to be in.

Creating Your Own Home Sanctuary
A relaxing home not only fends off stress, but it can help foster better relationships between the people living there, boost energy and creativity levels, and help you achieve better sleep. A clean and clutter free home helps create a more balanced and productive lifestyle. It gives you a sense of control. A simplified home lets you be proud of your space and allows what is really valuable to be close by.

Author Diyana Nicole has taken inspiration from the likes of spas and tropical homes to create 'Home Sanctuaries'. Relaxing home lifestyles based on everything from simplified home décor styles and decluttering solutions, to organic home spa recipes and treatments.
The Book Includes:

• Making Use of Pinterest to Create Your Own Home Look Book: Use Pinterest to create your 'Fountain of Inspiration'. A collection of images and ideas that inspire you to create the home you want.

• Simplified and Relaxing Home Décor Ideas: Use the natural interior design principle of bringing the outside in. Make use of natural materials, relaxing lighting ideas, and other home décor ideas to create a spa like home.

• Tools and Solutions for Getting Rid of Clutter: Take inspiration from the growing trend of people living a minimalist life. Find out simple steps to home organization, cleaning, and decluttering.

• How To Relax - Exercises to Declutter the Mind: If our minds are in constant motion and have no time to relax, then everything else around us can easily get tangled into a mess. Find out the fastest and easiest ways to a clutter free mind.

• The Fine Art of Relaxing at Home: Use natural ideas for more soothing and relaxing moments at home. Make your home smell like spa, learn easy to make home spa drinks, and easy to do home spa treatments.

Treasure Island [Kindle Edition] - this edition may always be FREE no price info

Robert Louis Stevenson (Author)

Publication Date: May 17, 2012

727 Reviews [☆☆☆☆.5]
35 Likes

A voyage for buried treasure spells trouble for cabin boy Jim Hawkins, who finds himself in the middle of a mutiny with some of the nastiest pirates to ever sail the seven seas.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014