• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
(Flyers in-store) Doesn't appear that you need to have the coupon/flyer to get the deal. Just reference it for your free tall hazelnut or caramel macchiato.

Offer valid between 3/5/2013 and 3/31/2013. {BARISTA: PLEASE RING AS DISCOUNT CODE 350} - If you don't have the flyer, it may work to give them the above discount code.

Update: The other side of the flyer says "TRY THEM HOT OR ICED", so I would think you could get your free Tall either HOT or ICED. As always, YMMV

*thanks mrshock13 and bruzer/SD

Member Summary

Layers of Delicious
Thanks archena
Disclaimer

Back of Flyer at Starbucks
Thanks JohnPg82
Disclaimer

coupon
Thanks wwml
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Which locations did you go to? I went to a few different ones in San Diego and got rejected.

cinnnnny (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 11:31a) |

I went to this Starbucks Store in Concord Ca and they were adamant on giving the free one only on producing the origina... (more)

basics (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 12:13p) |

yes, it works at the starbucks in houston, tx. just order the drink and give them the code.

arlinda (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 9:49a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

turtlebug said:   (Flyers in-store) Doesn't appear that you need to have the coupon/flyer to get the deal. Just reference it for your free tall hazelnut or caramel macchiato.

Offer valid between 3/5/2013 and 3/31/2013. {BARISTA: PLEASE RING AS DISCOUNT CODE 350} - If you don't have the flyer, it may work to give them the above discount code.

Update: The other side of the flyer says "TRY THEM HOT OR ICED", so I would think you could get your free Tall either HOT or ICED. As always, YMMV

*thanks mrshock13 and bruzer/SD

Thanks for the post.
I got the email in the morning, but doesn't say anything like FREE.. Can you post pic of flyer? if possible

thanks

anyone gotten their free drink *without* having flyer in hand? just mentioning code, as suggested?

CODE WORKS

JUST ASK THE BARISTA TO CHECK CODE 350! Plaese!!!!! And

I got my free tall hazelnut macchiato.

Its their NEW drink started to offer today.

Thank you OP. Green

garystad said:   anyone gotten their free drink *without* having flyer in hand? just mentioning code, as suggested?

I did. The barista entered the code and I walked off with my free drink!

San Diego, CA. Depends on the store. 1 store said they were only handing out 15 flyers per day. Others just said they were gone. My guess is it may have been gone for the day like one of the stores said because another store said they "might" get some more tonight.

Worked in Portland, OR, just asked the cashier if it was free Macchiato day, he had a stack of coupons behind the counter. Done and done.

so you can go every day till end of march?

Got one~!

Depends on the store manager & cashier. Some are strict (no coupon, no drink), while others are more lenient and will ring you up for free.

got mine.. easily

I went to this Starbucks store in State College, PA and the (lady) store manager was adamant on giving the free one only on producing the coupon. She did not acknowledge the verbal discount code 350.

Starbucks keeps having these slightly bungled promotions. It's got to be annoying customers.

bobley said:   Starbucks keeps having these slightly bungled promotions. It's got to be annoying customers.

Yep!

I went today and asked about the free drink. The Barista gave me the flyer but said I couldn't use it. . .WTF? He then clarified that I couldn't use it now, but could use it on my next visit. I didn't argue.

hambirg said:   

I went today and asked about the free drink. The Barista gave me the flyer but said I couldn't use it. . .WTF? He then clarified that I couldn't use it now, but could use it on my next visit. I didn't argue.

Walk out...walk in...use the coupon. Whatever happened to Starbucks' just say yes policy?

I uploaded a photo of the flyer. I walked in and they had a stack of them at the register. The cashier smiled and gladly gave me a free tall Hazelnut Macchiato.

My Barista just acknowledged the coupon, didn't even ask for the coupon code, she knew it. The person ahead of me got the same drink and paid for it. LOL!!!!!

Post4Fun said:   CODE WORKS

JUST ASK THE BARISTA TO CHECK CODE 350! Plaese!!!!!

Do you have to say it enthusiastically? I'm not feeling very 'perky'. Guess if I drank one I'd be tho, either that or hospitalized w/ all the HF corn syrup & caffeine.

bobley said:   Walk out...walk in...use the coupon. Whatever happened to Starbucks' just say yes policy?

Oh, don't think I didn't think about doing that! But instead I just used it at another Starbucks about 5 blocks away.

The starbucks near my job (silver spring, Maryland) is not participating

Yes, worked like a charm! Thanks!

Yes at the Highlands in Arl, TX

Thanks OP! Showed the flyer and I got the drink and He gave me the flyer back!

It worked for me this morning in GA... I asked if they were giving away the free Macchiato... the Barista said they gave away all the coupons/flyers yesterday, then I mentioned about getting email with the code, then she said "oh ok, I'm glad you mentioned that because not a lot of people would get that email." So that's worth a try if you don't have a coupon/flyer.

hambirg said:   bobley said:   Walk out...walk in...use the coupon. Whatever happened to Starbucks' just say yes policy?

Oh, don't think I didn't think about doing that! But instead I just used it at another Starbucks about 5 blocks away.

You had to go 5 blocks away. You must really live in the sticks.

turtlebug said:   (Flyers in-store) Doesn't appear that you need to have the coupon/flyer to get the deal. Just reference it for your free tall hazelnut or caramel macchiato.

I don't get this assumption. right on the coupon it states: "Exchange this coupon for one free tall ......"

As with any coupon code you might get lucky and someone may type in the code. (But they shouldn't). This is beyond YMMV.

StartByServingOthers said:   turtlebug said:   (Flyers in-store) Doesn't appear that you need to have the coupon/flyer to get the deal. Just reference it for your free tall hazelnut or caramel macchiato.

I don't get this assumption. right on the coupon it states: "Exchange this coupon for one free tall ......"

As with any coupon code you might get lucky and someone may type in the code. (But they shouldn't). This is beyond YMMV.

Why the overstatement? The cashier "shouldn't" fulfill the offer without the coupon? And it's "beyond YMMV?"

This is hardly an amazing and impossibly difficult deal to fulfill. Any deal like this is YMMV without the coupon, but enough people are reporting success and the offer seems reasonable enough to make your reply sound silly.

Red? I've got people trolling me. If there's a post deserving red, it's the one I quoted.

yoregano said:   StartByServingOthers said:   turtlebug said:   (Flyers in-store) Doesn't appear that you need to have the coupon/flyer to get the deal. Just reference it for your free tall hazelnut or caramel macchiato.

Why the overstatement? The cashier "shouldn't" fulfill the offer without the coupon? And it's "beyond YMMV?"

This is hardly an amazing and impossibly difficult deal to fulfill. Any deal like this is YMMV without the coupon, but enough people are reporting success and the offer seems reasonable enough to make your reply sound silly.

I'm living proof! The cashier said he'll try it. It worked and I didn't need the flyer. I know others that got it too this way. So yes it's YMMV but it's definitely not "beyond YMMV". In fact it's rather easy.

Worked in Chicago. Didn't have a flyer, barista was aware of the promotion however and let me have the drink through drive through.

15th st austin tx, success! I just said "where is my free tall caramel machiato?"

The guy in my store said there were supposed to be an image they had to scan. He smiled and said he didn't really care, and rang in my free drink.

sb inside Kroger, i mentioned code nbr and they struggled on that code that was not correct. then i showed the scanned photo of the flyer. still not worked. but the mgr took care of it and got me a free tall Caramel Macchiato. I thanked them. It was good! i forgot to add it was @ GA.

2nd visit @ SB coffee shop, no plm last sunday.

3rd visit @ SB coffee shop, he asked me where did I get that? I showed him my email and he accepted it last monday.

no more for us. we had enough to try 2 different flavors.

now in LA (grove mall & Wilshire and Highland starbucks), they are not giving the coffee without coupons...

Any Starbucks in dc or northern va?

got my free one in san diego, cashier didnt know what i was talking about but i gave her the code and she put it in with no problem thanks!

Thanks, OP.
Inside Millcreek Mall in Erie PA - asked about the free drink. The 2 women behind the counter couldn't have been friendlier. Said I needed a flyer, handed me a flyer. I ordered the cold one, handed flyer back & was out the door before they even finished ringing up my free drink.
Wasn't overly impressed with the drink, but appreciated being able to try it for free.

Got one today

Must have coupon to redeem offer at store in Opelika, AL. They also stated that they had not received any coupons to give out yet.

Got one in DC/Northern Virginia area.

Skipping 75 Messages...
yes, it works at the starbucks in houston, tx. just order the drink and give them the code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.