FREE NYC Events

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
linkie

Look hard enough in New York City, and you could easily fill your calendar with free events, museum visits or family outings. Lucky for you, you don't have to scour the web to put together an inexpensive NYC itinerary. We've gathered the best of Free in NYC for you.

EVENTS

free this week

For something free to do today or this week, check out our list of highlighted free events happening around NYC.

ARTS & CULTURE

free nyc museums & attractions

These New York City museums are always free or free on specific days of the week. Find one near you.

KIDS

free for kids

Spend time with the family without spending a fortune.

TOURS & ATTRACTIONS

free tours

Walk this way—there's no need to pay on these sightseeing jaunts.

OUTDOORS & RECREATION

must-see central park

Central Park is among the world's most famous green spaces, and it's always free to visit during park hours. Check out our guide to this NYC icon.

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

tv show tapings

It's fun—and free—to attend the tapings of popular television shows filmed in New York City. You get to see huge stars up close, and if you're lucky, your friends at home might even see you on TV.

Member Summary

FREE NYC Events
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks as always!

It must be noted, however, that Monday thru Thursday are also full of sponsored events - where you don't just get in free. You get:
1. Free high-end meals
2. Free open bar
3. Free gift bags
4. Free raffles for electronics and gift cards
5. Free transportation
6. Sometimes, notables are present and are approachable

SinglePapa said:   Thanks as always!

It must be noted, however, that Monday thru Thursday are also full of sponsored events - where you don't just get in free. You get:
1. Free high-end meals
2. Free open bar
3. Free gift bags
5. Free transportation

Where's this?

burkotron5k said:   SinglePapa said:   Thanks as always!

1. Free high-end meals
2. Free open bar
3. Free gift bags
5. Free transportation

Where's this?

Yeah where ?

Don't get me wrong, some OP events are OK for family outings on weekends...

The VIP events are sponsored by corporations promoting white-collor biz. Thus they are only held Mon-Thu. The usual venues are all top hotels and restaurants Midtown, as well as special venues like Cipriani, Gotham Hall, Metropolitan Pavilion, Midtown Loft, West Side Loft, Skylight, The Penthouse, Armory, sometimes Javits, Pier 60, 94, etc

There are 30-50 such events on my list daily, and of course one can't attend all of them. Appropriate look and demeanor will get you into most of them, no particular membership is required. But it doesn't hurt to be a member of a network; so that you know what, where and when. Amiable people do great

The following museums typically require paid admission but open their doors free on specific days or times. While many are completely free to visitors, some of them do charge for admission to specific special events or sections. Be sure to consult their websites or call ahead if you hope to see a specific exhibit. http://www.nycgo.com/articles/free-nyc-museums
Nice day.

this, for example, besides food, drinks and show, may well be giving new phones to those who received approval in advance

RE: Launch in NYC 3/14Hi xxxxx,Nice to hear from you! Below is information to attend Samsung Unpacked on Thursday, March 14th at Radio City Music Hall. I've included a copy of the invitation for you below. Doors open at 6:00 pm ET, and the event will begin at 7:00 pm ET.Please let me know if you're avail:SamsungRSVP@xxxxxxxx.com-- Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

right now: Mary Kay set-up tent at Times Square!! In this weather, they'll let anyone in

SinglePapa said:   this, for example, besides food, drinks and show, may well be giving new phones to those who received approval in advance

RE: Launch in NYC 3/14Hi xxxxx,Nice to hear from you! Below is information to attend Samsung Unpacked on Thursday, March 14th at Radio City Music Hall. I've included a copy of the invitation for you below. Doors open at 6:00 pm ET, and the event will begin at 7:00 pm ET.Please let me know if you're avail:SamsungRSVP@xxxxxxxx.com-- Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Really? Have you been to an event with a similar giveaway in the past?

Sure, there are 30-50 events daily Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu.

Fri, Sat, Sun only have 10-15. But the one today did give full bag of Mary Kay

Yeah, but I mean some sample cosmetics aren't nearly as good as a new phone. Anything on that level?

1. These were not samples. This was actual Mary Kay stuff. May be just as expensive as a phone
2. On phone introduction events, you have to be on pre-approved list to pick up a box right at the venue. If you're not, you'll take PR Co. contact detail and e-mail them for one

SinglePapa said:   Don't get me wrong, some OP events are OK for family outings on weekends...

The VIP events are sponsored by corporations promoting white-collor biz. Thus they are only held Mon-Thu. The usual venues are all top hotels and restaurants Midtown, as well as special venues like Cipriani, Gotham Hall, Metropolitan Pavilion, Midtown Loft, West Side Loft, Skylight, The Penthouse, Armory, sometimes Javits, Pier 60, 94, etc

There are 30-50 such events on my list daily, and of course one can't attend all of them. Appropriate look and demeanor will get you into most of them, no particular membership is required. But it doesn't hurt to be a member of a network; so that you know what, where and when. Amiable people do great

@ SinglePapa: if one wanted to start being invited to such events, how would one gain entree into this world you inhabit? Sounds fun and [sometimes profitable].

I mentioned a few venues, and don't forget ALL midtown hotels and hi-end restaurants. So start small: dress appropriate, look at hotel's event board as u enter, and go. If you do that Mon-Thu, you'll eventually spot some of the same attendees...Exchange e-mails, and eventually you'll have large daily lists. It's a process, like any other field.

You will learn a lot about many fields, likely more than attending school. But open mind is an absolute must, where there is will there is always way.

Eventually, you will groom your business cards and email addresses toward the particular fields and events you enjoy most. And don't forget to post quality biz-card offers here!

here comes one at the Hilton to snag some Fire:

"I'm the keynote speaker at a free backup and recovery seminar called xxxxxxx in New York on Thu, Apr 18. I have several educational sessions covering best practices and the latest trends in backup, recovery, and e-discovery. There'll be some sponsored presentations from a few vendors about their cutting edge solutions as well. Thanks to them, lunch is free and we're giving away fifteen Kindles! This is my only seminar in New York this year, so make sure to save a seat. See you there!"

LIVE UPDATE on SAMSUNG today:
Big boxes being unloaded from UPS truck into Times Sq tent near Marriott!! Marriott also happens to have Starlight Gala tonight on 6fl

P.S. On top of that, Truck giving full sized flavor drinks at pop-up tent Times Sq

Well Compensated Consumer Study about Smart TV Technology (NYC/NJ Area)
Hagen/Sinclair Research is seeking residents of the New York/New Jersey areas to take part in a PAID INTERVIEW about SMART TV's . The project is about HOW WATCHING TELEVISION at home HAS CHANGED due to NEW TECHNOLOGIES that give us access to entertainment through multiple mediums. We are talking with individuals to learn how they view these trends and how the new media has been incorporated into daily life.

FORMAT: This is a 90-Minute In-Home Interview.

HOW IT WORKS: A Professional Research Team will meet with you in your home and discuss the types of media you are using, which may include, in part, services like Pay-Per-View, Streaming Video through vendors like Netflix and Digital Video Recording (DVR) from your television.

INCENTIVE: Participants completing the interview will receive $300 at its completion as a thank you for helping out.

TO APPLY: If you are interested in contributing your thoughts and ideas, please click this link to take a short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3TRHR3H
If your answers pre-qualify you for the study, our recruiter will call to complete the screening process.

DATES: The interviews take place during the time frame of March 21-23, 2013

VERIFICATION: This is a certified Market Research Study. Please check out our website: www.hagensinclair.com

Samsung delivered according to expectations: press received phones at an earlier hour. The new S4 features were eye-poping. Radio City presentation was amazing, but overcrowded especially at the let in hour. Crowd was all high-end corporate, and working press swormed the entire street level of the concert hall, reporting live world-wide. I stole a reserved seat at the VIP mezzanine level, second row, breathing at the backs of the entire Samsung's top echelone and their gold partners. Dinner, drinks and gift envelopes were available at the show's 8.15 conclusion

Oops, I didn't realize the retail worth of those envelopes they so easily handed out. It turned out that my quantity is over $1000. The phone pales...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.