• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Office 365 and SkyDrive
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

belongs in free stuff, 3 months of office 365 university is worth $5 (since 4 years is $79.99)

what'ya gonna do after you've become addicted to it after the 3 months?
I don't see the point!

closeupman said:   what'ya gonna do after you've become addicted to it after the 3 months?
I don't see the point!

Microsoft hopes you buy it. That's why it says to "Try Office 365 for free".

It also says to share the offer on Facebook and get an extra 3 months free; so, potentially a 6 month trial for free.

I will have a try, thank you.

ShadowedBlade said:   closeupman said:   what'ya gonna do after you've become addicted to it after the 3 months?
I don't see the point!

Microsoft hopes you buy it. That's why it says to "Try Office 365 for free".

It also says to share the offer on Facebook and get an extra 3 months free; so, potentially a 6 month trial for free.

M$ want you to get "hooked" on the product. Too bad, I am perfectly happy with the always free Open Office.

You're a college student and $0.06 a day is worth having skill in a software which is actually g0ing to be used where you get a job.

Open Office is fine if you only want a word processor. If you're able to try this one free, then you can buy Office 2013/Office 365 University for 2 computers for 4 years for only $79.99, and even then you can still use Office 2013, you just won't have full use of the cloud-based set-up. That's $10 a year per computer. Not free, but as close as you can get with a up to the minute piece of Microsoft software. If you're in college, learning on Open Office will give you didley-squat when you get out and find that the folks who spent that 6 cents a day for Office 365 have a huge leg up on you with your obsolete Open Office.

Tip: Some universities offer the latest versions of Microsoft Office, Creative Suite, Windows 8, etc for free. Check your school's IT Department. I know UC Berkeley offers it for free.

Another tip: Many university emails have multiple variations. For example, XXXX@berkeley.edu and XXXX@calmail.berkeley.edu. Same email, but looks different. So you can grab yourself a free trial and perhaps give one to a non-university friend.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014