• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Restaurant.com
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just so everyone is aware. You do not get the gift cards until after the promotion ends on March 22. Expect them by email after the 25th but by the 29th.

hope everyone know how restaurant.com gift cards works

Got mine today, it was $50! Thanks OP!

Dead

they reach their limit, does that mean i cannot get one lol....

ericajennings said:   Just so everyone is aware. You do not get the gift cards until after the promotion ends on March 22. Expect them by email after the 25th but by the 29th.

Just so everyone is aware. I signed up for this right away and was getting the daily emails but to date have not received the gift card.

I haven't received my gift card either I signed up the day it was posted! They sent me an email saying I would get it but I never did!

RESTAURANT .COM WARNING

Be aware that MANY Restaurants that once accepted restaurant.com Gift Certificates are NO LONGER Accepting them. Due to restaurant.com scamming the restaurants and forcing them to accepting their gift certificates at higher dollar amounts that the merchants orginally did not agree to in their contracts. As well as restaurant.com selling Gift Certificates that restaurants don't exist, closed restaurants, Currently there is a Class Action Lawsuit against RESTAURANT.COM in Florida. These problems are reoccuring in several states including Michigan.

Currently in the State of Florida as of March 17, 2011 there is a Class Action Lawsuit filed against restaurant.com Customers Who Allegedly Purchased Restaurant Coupons At Closed Restaurants in Florida File Class Action Lawsuit Complaint Against restaurant.com.

A class action lawsuit complaint has been filed against restaurant.com, Inc. (“restaurant.com” or ”Defendant”) in the Circuit Court of the 11th Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County Florida (styled Cristy Cora v. restaurant.com, Inc., Class Action Case No. 11-08065CA), alleging, among other things, that restaurant.com sells restaurant coupons to internet customers for certain restaurants that are no longer in business, purportedly in violation of section 501.95, Fla. Stat., the CARD Act and the EFTA, 15 U.S.C. section 1693 et seq., according to the restaurant.com coupon class action lawsuit complaint.

The restaurant.com class action lawsuit complaint reportedly is brought on behalf of the following putative class of persons, unless otherwise excluded:

All of Defendant’s Florida customers who bought restaurant coupons at closed restaurants.

For more information on the restaurant.com restaurant coupon class action lawsuit, read the restaurant.com coupon class action lawsuit complaint: http://classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-lawsuit-com...

Also note that several merchants in several U.S. States complained that restaurant.com would sell more certificates then agreed in original contract, restaurant.com would modify the agreement without knowledge to the merchant(s). restaurant.com would sell certificates that would state a "Never Expire" expiration date on all certificates and force the merchant to accept them for 5 years after they cancel their account or be forced to re-imburse restaurant.com as much as $17, 000.00 for refusing to accept certificates at their restaurant. restaurant.com is been known to avoid calling back merchants. I highly recommend that you file a class action lawsuit in your state against this company for damages.

One thing I learned is whenever you have a complaint you need to do a few things

1) File a complaint against the company thru the Better Business Bureau. Any complaints posted will be available here: http://www.bbb.org

2) File a complaint with your State Attorney General office, These guys investigate deceptive practices, Click here to find one in your State. http://workathomemoms.about.com/od/workathomescams/a/State-Attor...

3) Consult an Attorney and file a lawsuit.

4) Contact the Media: Television, Cable, Newspapers, Radio - Get the word out about the bad practices of a company, Remember companies hate "Bad Press" and they'll do anything from being listed on the local news!

5) Protest - Get your friends involved and protest.

Just to let you know that the Better Business Bureau has 656 complaints against restaurant.com (RDC) in 3 years from both consumers & merchants, This will help your case.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014