• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Da Vinci Code Kindle Book is currently free on Amazon... (nook, google play, itunes, etc, etc)

Amazon Link

Also check out the deals discussion on free and cheap audio books and kindle books from Audible and Amazon!
Free and cheap audio books (and kindle books)

Member Summary
There's a NY Times article about this free promotion. It says the promotion runs through March 24 (US & Canada only)
Apparently it's not just Kindle, but all e-books (Nook, etc).
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/17/free-downloads-of-da-vinci-code-to-promote-inferno/
Good for any ebook format:Kindle, nook, google play, itunes, etc.
Grab it before it expires this Sunday March 24!
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome!

One more to add to my library! Thanks!

Not Free for Me?

Kindle Price: $9.99 includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet
Sold by: Random House Digital, Inc.
This price was set by the publisher

Not Free for Me?

Kindle Price: $9.99 includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet
Sold by: Random House Digital, Inc.
This price was set by the publisher

It was free earlier this afternoon, now it is over !

Seal said:   It was free earlier this afternoon, now it is over ! Wrong. Shows FREE for me on Amazon. Look again.
Perhaps clear your browsercache, cookies, etc.

There's a NY Times article 3-17 about this free promotion,
Apparently it's not just Kindle, but all e-books (Nook, etc)

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/17/free-downloads-...
brief excerpt: Free Downloads of ‘Da Vinci Code’ to Promote ‘Inferno’

How about this for a promotional thriller: Beginning Monday, on the 10th anniversary of the release of the mega-bestseller “The Da Vinci Code,” its publisher, Doubleday, will allow anyone to download the entire book free for a week.
The move is part celebration and part marketing experiment, because the download will come with the prologue and one chapter of Dan Brown’s forthcoming book, “Inferno.”
The free download will be available only in the United States and Canada through all e-book retailers, through March 24.

I think the mobile site don't have it on sales. Initially I clicked the link from my phone and saw it listed with regular price. But if I go to the full site, it's $0. Thanks OP!

Thanks for the find. I will read it again.

looks to be free at the google play store too if you prefer to use that store: Google Play Store Link

I went to the full site yesterday when this was posted and like an idiot I clicked "Buy Now with 1-click" then got a text from my credit card saying I made a 9.99 purchase!
Was able to return it and get a refund, but will definitely take a half a second now to look over to the left before clicking

Thank you OP--it was free for me just now.

TAZ420 said:   I went to the full site yesterday when this was posted and like an idiot I clicked "Buy Now with 1-click" then got a text from my credit card saying I made a 9.99 purchase!
Was able to return it and get a refund, but will definitely take a half a second now to look over to the left before clicking

I really hate that 1-click thing too. I think they are the only online vendor that proceed with the transaction without at least a confirmation from user, and doesn't even offer an option of changing payment source. And of course that is exactly their intention. Shady.

TAZ420 said:   I went to the full site yesterday when this was posted and like an idiot I clicked "Buy Now with 1-click" then got a text from my credit card saying I made a 9.99 purchase!

Don't think I've done that. YET. But I've come close and probably will someday. They can change fast from free to not.

ColonelHeero said:   TAZ420 said:   I went to the full site yesterday when this was posted and like an idiot I clicked "Buy Now with 1-click" then got a text from my credit card saying I made a 9.99 purchase!

I really hate that 1-click thing too. I think they are the only online vendor that proceed with the transaction without at least a confirmation from user, and doesn't even offer an option of changing payment source. And of course that is exactly their intention. Shady.

You can turn off 1-click option in your settings, its there if you like it (i personally dont)

Plissken said:   ColonelHeero said:   TAZ420 said:   I went to the full site yesterday when this was posted and like an idiot I clicked "Buy Now with 1-click" then got a text from my credit card saying I made a 9.99 purchase!

You can turn off 1-click option in your settings, its there if you like it (i personally dont)

From the Amazon site documentation:

Kindle Payment Settings
All Kindle transactions are completed with 1-Click. Changes made to your default 1-Click method will apply to future Amazon.com 1-Click transactions, but will not change your current active subscriptions.

iTunes has it for free as well.

darlamack said:   iTunes has it for free as well.
And in Google Play I just saw.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.