Free Kindle Books - April 8, 2013

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Conversations with a Student of Life: Essays on Marriage and Divorce [Kindle Edition]
Beth Marie Larson (Author), Jessica Leannah (Illustrator)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: April 5, 2013
This is a collection of my essays on marriage, divorce, and family structure. Since marriage is the typical foundation for family, it only makes sense to examine the particulars of marriage, how to create a successful partnership, and finally a stable family environment. The impact of family environments is one of debate in regards to child development, but whichever side of the debate you fall on, most people can agree on one thing, that a stable home environment empowers children to have successful adult lives.

This is an article, please do not expect a full length book.

77 Dinner Recipes From Around The Globe [Kindle Edition]
Claude DeLucca (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: April 5, 2013
"77 Dinner Recipes From Around The Globe" containing 77 dinner recipes from around the world: Striped bass en court-boullion, Potatoes hollandaise, Stuffed tomatoes, Stuffing for tomatoes, Sweetbreads braises, Sauce bearnaise, Punch francaise, Roast redhead ducks, Fried hominy for game, Hot rum sauce, Vanilla ice cream, Macaroons, Canapes of caviare, Halibut steaks, Anchovy butter, Potatoes persillade, Leg of lamb, Jardiniere, Roast turkey, Cranberry sauce, Celery salad, Mayonnaise sauce, Cabinet pudding, Prentanier for soup, Sauce normande, Bread croutons, Chicken valencienne, Spring-lamb chops, Soubise sauce, Punch cardinal, and many more...,
_________________________________________________________________________________

Cowboy with a Cause (Harlequin Romantic Suspense) [Kindle Edition]
Carla Cassidy (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: April 1, 2013

"I'D APOLOGIZE FOR KISSING YOU, BUT I'M NOT ALL THAT SORRY."

Dancer Melanie Brooks had escaped small-town Oklahoma, giving up the country for Broadway's bright lights. Yet after her mother's funeral called her back, her own health issues forced her to stay. Now her tenant, too-hot-for-his-own-good Adam Benson, is giving her a reason to dance again. But has a killer set his sights on her, too?

Adam knows a little something about fresh starts. As for his beautiful neighbor, he doesn't see a wheelchair—he sees a woman who understands. But as the heat grows between them, he can't avoid the feeling that more than her big-city past haunts her—and that danger has been lurking, waiting to strike….

If heart-racing romance and high-stakes suspense is what you're after, look for four new titles every month from Harlequin Romantic Suspense!
_________________________________________________________________________________

O. Henry's Apprentice: Twisted Stories for A New Generation [Kindle Edition]
Timothy D. McLendon (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: March 16, 2013
A New Generation of Short Stories Has Arrived

O. Henry's Legacy Continues

The master of short stories has been silent for more than 100 years. His Apprentice has been watching, waiting for a new generation of readers. The time has come to break the silence.

Life Is Full of Twisted Stories

Times have changed. The world is a little bit darker. A little bit colder. A little bit more twisted. The world has evolved, but there are still many good people in it. Good people who do bad things. Horrible things. The Apprentice has remained true to his craft, characterizing the world as it is today. No stone is left unhurled.

Five Short Stories Sure To Leave You Breathless
Get ready to experience action - packed mystery at its finest. The characters in these five short stories aren't prepared for what happens next. You won't be either. Just remember, bad things happen to good people. Strap yourself in for an adventure that never lets go.

O. Henry's Apprentice invites you to a new vision of the short story. Be careful. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will always hurt you.

Advanced praise for the stories of O. Henry's Apprentice

Your use of the story telling device and the way it becomes resolved at the end is a tour-de-force. - David B

This is the first story I have read that I literally could not stop reading. I had to finish it. - Trevor W

Your story hooked me quickly and kept me guessing. - Igal L

...an excellent pace which does not let up. - Julio P

My jaw dropped to the floor of my library's computer room. Holy ****! - Leroy M
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Quirk Books D.I.Y. Gift Guide [Kindle Edition]
Homemade Quirk (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: November 27, 2012
This FREE ebook offers 18 DIY gifts for the bookworm, foodie, animal lover, significant other, kid or geek in your life.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

It Doesn't Stay in Vegas - The Saga of The Unorthodox Gentleman [Kindle Edition]
Joe Osborne (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: November 20, 2012
Perverted, racially insensitive, and totally bizarre... But at least he has a good heart.

It Doesn't Stay in Vegas is the story of four friends who travel to Vegas on a quest for provocative sexual encounters, while consuming irresponsible amounts of alcohol and narcotics. Experience the journey through the delusional mind of The Unorthodox Gentleman, whose unique observations and assumptions drive the drug and booze fueled story of a once in a lifetime trip.

Unfortunately, it’s not all fun and games as the contrasting group of friends is continually faced with unusual predicaments, usually brought on by their own destructive and unsophisticated behavior.

It Doesn't Stay in Vegas captures the essence of Las Vegas’ distinct culture and is a must read for anyone with an interest in Sin City.

Follow The Unorthodox Gentleman on Twitter @utxgent.

Travel With Me; St.Malo and The Mont St. Michel [Kindle Edition]
Christine Pointeau (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: July 11, 2012
As part of the Art House Co-Op Sketchbook Project 2012 World Tour, the author took inspiration from a family trip to France for her art work.

Sketches done using trip photographs fill her book with endearing illustrations in various mediums, each accompanied with a personal anecdote.

Available in paperback format.

A Good Kind of Knowing [Kindle Edition]
Kathy Lynn Harris (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: October 21, 2012
Imagine if Maeve Binchy grew up in Texas and wrote an old-school Larry McMurtry novel. Think Hope Floats meets High Fidelity.

That’s how critics are describing A Good Kind of Knowing—from the author of the highly acclaimed and number-one Amazon bestseller, Blue Straggler.

A Good Kind of Knowing is a novel about the power of music and friendship, the relationship two-steps that go on in old Texas dancehalls, and the secret to finding just a little bit of common ground in a world full of distrust.

What readers are saying:
“Engaging, emotionally accurate, visual and funny.

“You pulled me right in.”

“I feel like I’m right there—I can feel the Texas heat and see the small town and the people who populate it.

“The characters are diverse and interesting, and each has a unique personality that adds to the entire canvas of the story.”

“I know these people. What’s more, I like them, even despite their faults.”

“My head is full of your story. It took me only two and a half days to read the book cover to cover, which means I was doing it every spare minute.”

“The pace is comfortable, the characters rich and colorful. The events are anything but predictable; I was always wondering what’s going to happen next.”

Sera Taylor's store is the one place in Lakeville, Texas, where individuals from all walks of life share a universal love for music and a respect for the gypsy-like woman behind the antique glass counter. Readers get a taste of the unorthodox connection between Sera and Mack, a young local cowboy and musician, and Sera’s previously untested devotion to her husband Bill. They learn of her relationship with Ruby D., the vibrant but misguided mother of five; with Louie, the shy high school band director; with Beverly, the religious, upper-class socialite; with Antonio, a local bar owner striving to make a life for himself; with Tommy Lee, a rich and directionless gigolo; and with Wes, the only out-of-the closet gay man for miles. As Sera battles a serious illness, the characters must overcome long-held stereotypes to save Sera’s store, and in the end, large parts of themselves.

Film Critic: A Decade Behind the Scenes in the Movie Industry [Kindle Edition]
Laremy Legel (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: February 5, 2013
BOOK DESCRIPTION
"Film Critic: A Decade Behind the Scenes in the Movies Industry" is an insider look at the world of criticism, celebrity interviews, and movies. Ever wanted to know how a professional critic goes about his or her job? "Film Critic" alternates between hilarious and serious, all with the goal of entertaining the reader. So yeah, it's pretty much the opposite of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Enjoy!

REVIEWS
Laremy crushes it as he goes behind the scenes of film criticism and gives some of his best and worst experiences working as a film critic, the pros and cons of going into work full time as a critic, and breaks down exactly why criticism of films is warranted at all. It's funny and smart and fairly quick read. Highly recommended. - The Cradleman (Amazon Verified Purchase)

AUTHOR BIO
Pop culture maven Laremy, a Seattleite with a heart of gold, has traveled to Hollywood and back to bring you some laughs, entertainment, and perhaps a thinker or two. His favorite series in the world is Douglas Adams's "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and he can be found walking his golden puggle Bugsy each and every night.

Laremy was recently interviewed by Indiewire.com:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/an-interview-with-film-cri...

Chapters include:
Matt McConaughey
Spike Lee
Joss Whedon
Kristen Stewart
Darren Aronofsky
Joan Cusack
Adam Carolla
Podcasting
Radio and Television Appearances
Screenings
Screeners
The Highs and Lows of Sundance
Expertise vs. Enthusiasm
Great Expectations
What Makes a Masterpiece?
Why The MPAA is Terrible
The Reader vs. The Dark Knight
Tucker Max
Bribes
The Critic / General Public Divide
Commenters
Disagreeing with RottenTomatoes
The Notebook
Babel
V for Vendetta
The Dark Knight
Inglourious Basterds
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
The Review That Ended up Costing Me a Job
Novels and Screenplays
Writing Gossip
Should You Write for Free?
FAQs
In Defense of Film Criticism

A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies [Kindle Edition]
John Wiley and Sons (Author, Other Contributor)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: November 16, 2011
Twenty years ago the very first For Dummies book, DOS For Dummies, was published. From that first printing of that first book came a series unlike anything in the publishing world, one that is global in both geography - we have been published worldwide in some 30 languages - and in coverage. No single volume can hope to summarize what thousands of titles have meant to millions of readers over the years, and we don't claim to do that in this e-book. Rather, this e-book celebrates the breadth and depth of the For Dummies series, offering 20 chapters - in honor of our 20 years - from a list of books compiled by our global colleagues. We are confident the chapters we've included give you a representative glimpse at why - no matter what the topic - our products have meant so much to so many by Making Everything Easier. We've grouped our chapters into five main parts:

Part I: Dummies Classics, offers four chapters from some of our best-loved books. There's a chapter from DOS For Dummies, the book that started it all, and chapters from two of our best-sellers: Windows 7 For Dummies and Sex For Dummies. And just for a bit of spice, we've included a chapter from French For Dummies.

Part II: Daily Dose of Dummies, offers the kind of lifestyle, self-help, and business skills that our readers have come to treasure. There's one of our famous Part of Tens chapters from Cognititive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies and a chapter from Meditation For Dummies to help you get your center. Chapters from Leadership For Dummies and Marketing For Dummies help you develop new skills for the marketplace.

Part III, Fun with Dummies, celebrates life and all it has to offer. We've got chapters here from The Royal Wedding For Dummies, Guitar For Dummies, Digital Photography SLR All-in-One For Dummies, Puppies for Dummies, Knitting For Dummies, and Wine For Dummies.

Part IV, Get Social, highlights how we help you grow and develop new skills. Chapters here come from Facebook For Dummies, Social Media Marketing For Dummies, and Dating For Dummies.

Part V, Going Global, shares the worldwide appeal of the For Dummies series. These chapters from British History For Dummies, Canadian History For Dummies, and Rugby Union For Dummies were created by our global colleagues and authors and show how the For Dummies approach applies not only to whatever the subject is at hand, but also wherever the discussion is taking place.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kidowed [Kindle Edition]
Jessica Kenley (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: July 3, 2012
In this book you'll find the the struggles, sorrows, and triumphs of the author after she has two children with a rare and universally fatal genetic disease. As she travels through her hellish journey, you will experience unexpected humor, endless love, and learn how strong one family can be while they walk beside her.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda - True Stories from a Sharm El Sheikh Scuba Diving Instructor [Kindle Edition]
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: December 1, 2010
The Funniest Diving Book in Years

Leading Magazine Reviews

…It’s as authentic as it is hysterical. It’s a chuckling page-turner. Dive Gear Reviews USA

…A beautifully written and rare diving book. Diver Magazine UK

…Very funny, honest and entertaining. The Egyptian Chamber of Diving and Water Sports

Ever wanted to jack it all in and start a new life in Egypt? The scuba diving resort of Sharm el Sheikh has been one of the world’s best kept secrets. It only hits the news in times of mishap but behind the scenes of this hugely popular and vibrant city are hundreds of ex-pats living the dream of a life in the sun.

John Kean’s hilarious book, ‘Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda – True Stories from a Sharm el Sheikh Scuba Diving Instructor’ is an inside fly-on-the-wall look at the ups and downs of swapping the rat race for a life in Sharm el Sheikh. It is frank, honest and gripping in sometimes epic proportions, but the humor and magnetic appeal of Sharm el Sheikh and Egypt shines through every time in this beautifully written true story.

Over a decade, this mild-mannered, ex-stockbroker has been chased by aggressive sharks, had a 737 airliner drop from the sky into the sea, broken four bones, been arrested three times and finally, blown up by terrorists. On the plus side, Sharm el Sheikh’s outstanding natural appeal, year round sun and amazingly talented and friendly community of Egyptian and ex-pat residents has made it a home from home, free of the stresses of everyday life in Europe.

Unlike other fly on the wall or ‘inside’ books, John actually takes you along with him for the ride. His accounts are genuine, highly informative and very funny. Turning tragedy and mishap into humor is the book’s strength and you’ll find a laugh on nearly every page.

The story is heavily upstaged by the comical antics of five, highly entertaining characters coming to terms with neutral buoyancy, hangovers and Egyptian taxi drivers. The legendary exploits of the latter are awarded an entire chapter where we’re introduced to, Airbag, Sharm el Sheikh’s worst driver and in contrast, Joseph, who takes up the offer of a job swap, gives John his taxi and becomes a scuba diver for the day!

The most dramatic chapter of Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda is the vivid, minute-by-minute account of dive staff involvement during the Sharm bombings in July 2005. This rare civilian insight of a grand scale terrorist attack shows the human cost of those caught up and the tremendous resolve of unlikely rescuers in preventing further loss of life.

Despite occasional tragedy, Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda is a positive book that will thrill and entertain, portray scuba diving as an engaging and enjoyable sport and show readers the brighter side of Sharm el Sheikh in Egypt. Anyone can read and enjoy this wonderfully funny story.

It’s a must read if you’ve ever been even remotely near water!

About The AuthorJohn Kean is a professional diver and writer who, following a scuba holiday to Egypt in 1997, gave up the rat race for a new life in Sharm el Sheikh. His other titles include the definitive, ‘SS Thistlegorm – The True Story of the Red Sea’s Greatest Ship Wreck’.

John has written feature articles for several international dive and travel magazines, been interviewed on national television and is also a regular guest speaker at UK dive shows. He has completed over 5,500 dives and holds a master instructor rating with the leading scuba training agency, however, he counts his most important qualification as having ‘an equal number of ascents and descents’.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

How To Turn Fear Into Confidence - A Superhero Success Guide To Conquering Fear! [Kindle Edition]
TW Walker (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: November 11, 2012
Fear is one of the most lethal adversaries of anyone, particularly those who are small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. In the Superhero Success expanding series of books and ebooks, small business Coach TW Walker provides the core of his business mentoring advice with a breakdown of overcoming fear, how it debilitates growth, and how to contain it forever with "How To Turn Fear Into Confidence".

Leadership development starts with self confidence, and once you have self confidence then beating fear is easy. No longer does fear of failure have to hold you back from achieving success in anything you do...

The original Superhero Success book has received endorsements from the Napoleon Hill Foundation (of Think And Grow Rich) as well as James Malinchak of ABC's Secret Millionaire, and Scott Alexander of the best selling Rhinocerous Success book series.

Now, the Superhero Success brand is expanding to include a more in depth -yet still fun- look into other topics of interest to people who want to succeed in various aspects of life and business.

Are you ready to strap on your cape?

Please! Stop My Baby Brother From Crying (Childress Children's Book Series) [Kindle Edition]
Geryn Childress (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: February 20, 2013
"Funny!" " Hilarious!" "Modern day version of Dr.Seuss" are some of the things that have been said about "Please! Stop My Baby Brother From Crying" the 3rd release in the Childress Children's Book Series, with many more to come this book is sure to bring a smile to your face, another classic.

Maddening and Marvelous Motherhood [Kindle Edition]
Christine Carter (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: January 3, 2012
This book is an honest, humorous, and heartwarming take on motherhood. A stay-at-home mother writes about her child-rearing challenges and triumphs, as she shares stories that will make you laugh out loud. Her candid nature is refreshing and her thoughts are well worth reading. In her own unique way, she encourages all mothers to be their best. The book draws from stories located on the authors website at TheMomCafe dot com.

Member Summary

This and Others (16.13kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks

aaa3 (Apr. 09, 2013 @ 12:15a) |

Thanks OP. I purchased a hard copy several months ago. Kindle version wasn't available then. Who knew it would be availa... (more)

potomoc (Apr. 09, 2013 @ 12:55p) |

Thanks OP. I purchased a hard copy several months ago. Kindle version wasn't available then. Who knew it would be availa... (more)

potomoc (Apr. 09, 2013 @ 12:58p) |

Only guaranteed free at time of posting - all 4-5 stars, and a mixture of genres. Hope you find something interesting!

The 10 Day Paleo Diet Plan. 40 Paleo Weight loss recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner by Stephanie Haber (Mar 5, 2013) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Weight-recipes-breakfast-dinner-ebook/dp/B...

As researched by thousands of nutritional experts around the world, The Paleo Diet also known as the Caveman diet provides the ideal balance of vitamins and nutrition for the human body. If you’re looking for an easy to prepare diet plan that will have you losing the pounds, energized and FULL then the Paleo Diet is a perfect match for you!
Whether you are sitting on the fence or have already started the Paleo diet, our 40 recipes will simply amaze your taste buds into thinking ‘Is this really a diet?’. The ten day plan with all Paleo recipes included will have you feeling on top of the world as you will be full of energy and your thoughts abundant with clarity.
Some recipes included in the book are:
A Souffled Berry Omelet
Coconut soup with Baby Shrimp
Escarole and Smoked Turkey Chowder
And more!
The Paleo Diet is simply the most natural way to achieve perfect health and lose weight, With our ten day plan and mouthwatering recipes – why would you do anything else!
=========================================

The Amazing Girlfriends' Diet: 101 Foods from A to Z Most Likely to Cause Cravings Every Day (Weight Loss for ... by Julia Hidy (Oct 9, 2012) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/The-Amazing-Girlfriends-Diet-ebook/dp/B009...

This is the book that my girlfriends asked me to write. They'd seen me lose 60 pounds this year - and I'm in menopause. I first used this diet in my late 20's and lost 46 pounds in two months under the care of my M.D. This book is based on that and lists over 101 foods, trace ingredients and chemicals from A to Z that I didn't eat, avoided or reduced. This allowed me to lose weight easily and without starving. By avoiding these foods and taking the supplements listed at the back of the book, I was able keep my cravings in check.

The book only briefly covers the list the vitamins and supplements I cover in more detail in Book 1 of The Amazing Girlfriends' Diet. Either way, after only two weeks, I could walk by my fridge and bakeries, hang out in cafe's, eat out and not be tempted to cheat. The best part was that I:

o Didn't have to count calories or points.
o Didn't have to weigh my food or buy 'special' meals.
o Only had to remember four key types of foods to not eat.
o Didn't take prescription drugs or hormones.
o Didn't need a Coach or diet mentor.

I could eat as much of the foods not listed here as I wanted and STILL lose weight. I could even go back for seconds.

Oh, and did I mention I also got rid of my cellulite on this diet. I didn't exercise or increase my levels of activity either. It was great!

With this book loaded onto your mobile, you can go to your grocery store and look up foods and additives to avoid before they even get into your cart. That way you'll know if a food will trigger a craving or not. You can also read this book on your Kindle or desktop.

You probably know a few of the reasons why eating sugar will cause you to gain weight. But if you can't kill the craving for that sugar, wheat or dairy, any diet will fail. This diet mentions the secret 'ingredient' only a handful of diets cover, and cutting it out is why this diet is so successful. You need to know about these foods and ingredients so you can stay out of cravings hell, drop pounds and get your life back.

Whether you're a diet newbie or an experienced, well-read weight loss pro, this book adds to what you know so you can:

o Keep your cravings under control on The Amazing Girlfriends' Diet or any other diet.
o Manage cravings if they do come back within a few hours or days.
o Know what kind of treats you can or can't have to not set up a cycle of having cravings again.

Let's face it, without cravings, you'd be free from:

o The guilt and upset of eating foods you know are not healthy.
o Starting a diet and not being able to finish it.
o Ever having to starve yourself again.

Plus, you'll end up with more energy AND be able to wear all the clothing now in the back of your closet. It doesn't hurt that you'll improve your immune system, get more energy and improve your life, relationships and career. You will run your life again, not your cravings.

This list of foods is based on books, articles and interviews with doctors, naturopaths, food experts, friends and women I've known. Forty years of ongoing medical research are at the core of this program. This diet has already helped millions of chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and arthritis sufferers. It's also proven to be helpful to improve heart health and health overall. Most of the other books are written by M.D.'s or their ghostwriters. I share these insights with you the same way I've been sharing them with my girlfriends the past 20 years.

Even if you've yo-yo dieted, you can finally stop having cravings too. The list of foods may seem long - at first. As you get to know and understand what to not eat - or not - and you get results, it will be easy to become a huge fan too - like my girlfriends have. Plus, many of my friends who did this hate diets, so I'm sure you can do it too.

This is the second book in my Weight Loss for Your Life series. The third book will list the foods that you can eat. Let me know how it worked for you too!
============================================

Satan, God, or Schizoaffective Disorder 295.7 (The Life and Times of Texas Guitar Legend Nathon Dees) by Rev Nathon Dees (Mar 26, 2013) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Schizoaffective-Disorder-Guitar-Legend-ebo...

This is the true story of one man’s amazing struggle with reality, religion and mental illness. As you read you will join in with Texas Guitar Legend Nathon Dees as he takes you on an adventure of his life and how he finally broke free from a Christian society and learned to cope with dehabilitating mental illness in a unique and interesting way.
===========================================

Natural Weight Loss Supplements That Work: Discover The Powerful Weight Loss Supplements Hiding In Your Pantry... by Zara J Allen (Mar 10, 2013) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Weight-Loss-Supplements-ebook/dp/B...

Everyday we are bombarded with the latest lose weight craze or weight loss pill. These commercial weight loss pills and supplements are highly overpriced and many have recently been discovered as scams. Apart from the extortionate costs, we are unaware of exactly what these are laden with.

The strategies in this book will show you how you can obtain natural weight loss supplements that are cheap, easily available, safe and are more effective than the commercial counterparts to help you drop the pounds. In fact, you probably already have many of these in your pantry.

Here are some of the things you will learn in this book:-

- Why it's probably not your fault you're fat.

- Learn the real truth about weight gain.

- Stop the weight-loss, weight-gain cycle.

- Learn the simple strategies for feeling full and eating less.

- Teach your brain to stop craving food and lose weight without getting hungry.

- Find out why going to a 15 minute sun tanning session could help you drop the pounds.

- Know the supplements that turn your body into a fat burning machine.

- The simple tip you can start today that will leave you feeling fuller and feeling great.

- How replacing coffee with his beverage could help you drop 5lbs in one week.

- The little known secret supplement that will not only help you shed the weight but will help you fight against common diseases such as, cancer, diabetes and heart disease.

- The natural weight loss supplement that makes you look younger and feel more energetic.

- and much much more.....
===================================================

How to Help Someone with Depression (Updated) by Felix Freeman (Apr 2, 2013) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Help-Someone-Depression-Updated-ebook/dp/B...

Can your loved one ever be happy again?

They need all the support we can get. But what should we say and how can we help to make sure they’re on the right track to living an optimistic life?

With a remarkably honest perspective, the author gives practical tips on how to help a loved one through depression without sabotaging an otherwise healthy relationship. Real life stories bring you into the world of depression to help you understand what they are going through.

Depression is not the end of the world. Your loved one can get better and happier!

"Laura is a struggling mother of three who works two jobs a day and juggles through her miscellaneous payments to make ends meet by the end of a week. Being a single mom has wreaked its toll on Laura – no longer is she a blonde buxom beauty, but a haggard woman with dark rings under her weary eyes, streaks of gray running across her limp blond tresses and horrible lines etched across her forehead and in the corner of her eyes. Laura eventually caves in and begins to blame herself for the departure of her abusive husband five years ago, and feels contempt every time she gazes into the mirror. She becomes a social hermit, begins to suffer from insomnia, loses her appetite, snaps easily at anyone and withdraws from all social activities, including going to church and attending local luncheons."

If Laura sounds like someone you care about, get this book to find out how you can help them to see the world with optimism again!

**Updated version comes with quotes and words of encouragements. Drop them as little notes each week to lift the spirits of your depressed loved one!**
=============================================

Meditation by spiritual sound by Vimal Sehgal (Jul 22, 2010) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Meditation-by-spiritual-sound-ebook/dp/B00...

All of us are aware of the importance of sound. We communicate with each other by sound and sound has various effects on us. Good musical sounds or sweet words please us and harsh words or jarring noises annoy us. The world of communication is built significantly on sound, and speech plays a significant role in our learning, interaction and working world.

Yet there is another aspect of sound that merits special mention namely spiritual sound. Material sounds describe, name or indicate an object or person but such sound is not the person or object itself. But the special significance of spiritual sound is that spiritual sound is the real substance itself. The reality is full of love and Bliss. We can thus contact reality by meditation by spiritual sound and experience love and Bliss. In this book the author describes the practice of meditation by spiritual sound that can help us attain peace, love and Bliss.

Every one of us wants peace, love, happiness and pleasure. We want to live permanently without birth, disease, old age and death. And we want to live in Bliss, ecstasy and love. Why is it so? Because actually we are spiritual persons. As spiritual persons it is our nature to live eternally and in Bliss. We are seeking our normal natural healthy life of permanence and Bliss. Presently we are covered by a material body due to our impure consciousness because of which we are subject to birth, disease, old age, death and misery. Our present conditional life is an abnormal diseased condition of life.

The aim of meditation is to purify our minds and consciousness and thus reinstate us in our normal natural healthy life of permanence and Bliss. Meditation purifies our mind thus bringing us peace and happiness. As the mode of goodness increases in our mind our consciousness becomes clear. Meditation increases our memory, mental strength and stamina. Thus we become more efficient in our daily tasks as our mind is the chief agent with which we function. A healthy mind is also conducive to a healthy body.

One may learn all about the nature and qualities of honey but the pleasure of honey is in tasting it. So it is with meditation. Unless we practice meditation its benefits will elude us. As we practice meditation daily we will experience peace and happiness. Hence we should adopt a genuine process of meditation which is authorized by the scriptures and practiced by genuine spiritual personalities. God has given us air, water and sunlight free for our bodily sustenance. And God has given us his holy name free for our spiritual sustenance. The holy name is the real substance God himself. It is not an empty material sound or name.

All scriptures and saints attest the fact that the holy name of God is supreme. The simple process of chanting the holy name and hearing it is the best meditation. The important thing is to remember to keep our mind on hearing the sound of God’s name. The mind is fickle by nature. We have to practice chanting God’s holy names and to keep our mind on hearing the sound of the holy name. As we hear the holy name we are contacting God and we will experience peace and happiness because all peace, love, pleasure and ecstasy reside in God’s name. Our hearts will then be satiated and we will lose our thirst for meagre and flickering sensual pleasures once we contact the reservoir of all pleasure – God.

Topics covered are:

1. Introduction
2. Get started
3. The mind - theory
4. Meditation by spiritual sound - practice of bhakti yoga
5. The liberation of Ajamil - a tale from Purana
=============================================================

Lazy Weight Loss: Three Amazingly Easy Tips To Lose Weight by K.D. Joseph (May 24, 2012) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Lazy-Weight-Loss-Amazingly-ebook/dp/B00867...

The Quick & Easy Secrets To Weight Loss

Most people hate diets. And understandably so. Diets are strict, and when we're on them we feel hungry. The worst part is dieting doesn't usually work to keep the weight off in the long run.

It's Time To Stop Counting Calories Forever

Is there such a thing as lazy weight loss? Of course there is. This guide is going to turn popular dietary etiquette on its head, and show you the deceptively easy steps you can take to lazily lose weight. The advice is intentionally not complicated, and it only focuses on one thing: Getting actual results.

Most People Have No Idea How To Really Lose Weight

It doesn't matter what you have heard. Most dieters are clueless when it comes to how to really lose weight and keep it off. Healthy weight loss should have nothing to do with severe caloric restrictions or not eating what you like. You don’t need to use food counters or always be exercising. That kind of regimented advice is not sustainable for most of us.

What weight loss really entails is having a common sense understanding of human dietary needs. It should not be painful. Losing weight should be rather effortless, and even somewhat fun. Once you understand how applied psychology works in dieting, you will never worry about counting calories again. Everything should be easy.

The special Kindle edition also includes:

• A comprehensive explanation of the most important foods to eat

• A thorough list of meal suggestions for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert

• A simple daily checklist for what is needed to rapidly lose weight

• A deliciously varied specific meal plan for a week of eating well while losing an incredible amount of weight at the same time

It's time to stop stressing about your weight and start losing it.
========================================================

Emotional Mastery for Adults with Aspergers - Practical Techniques to work through anger, anxiety and depression... by Leslie Burby and Mark Blakey (Oct 6, 2012) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Mastery-Adults-Aspergers-ebook/d...

Emotional awareness is not something that we are taught in school and it is rarely even understood by our parents. We live in a society where even those not in the Autistic Spectrum (Neuro-typical Individuals) suffer to some extent with emotional repression and its subsequent side effects.

It is not surprising that most with Asperger’s syndrome struggle to get the help, knowledge and understanding to deal with problems with anger, anxiety and depression.

Following the creation of the Asperger Test Site, we received a steady flow of questions from people seeking advice following their diagnosis. One of the things we noticed is that it was the emotional aspect of life that people were struggling with the most. Issues around anxiety, anger and depression are quite common for adults with Aspergers. There is a common misconception that people with Aspergers don't feel emotions, but that is simply not true. What is true is that there is difficulty understanding , communicating and dealing with the emotions that are present.

This book is intended to give you a better understanding of the emotions that affect those living with Asperger’s syndrome. In writing this book, we deemed first to identify what the problem areas are before looking for resolutions. While we could not cover every single emotion in this book, we have covered the ones that are most problematic.

We hope it will provide a powerful reference that you can use to improve the quality of your life.
=====================================================

Green Smoothies for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started with a Green Smoothie Diet by Rockridge University Press (Mar 7, 2013) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Green-Smoothies-Beginners-Essentials-ebook...

WHAT ARE THOSE GREEN DRINKS? WHAT DO THEY TASTE LIKE? AND HOW ARE THEY MADE?

Green Smoothies for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started answers your basic questions and provides everything you need to know to begin enjoying the myriad health benefits of the delicious green drink.

Discover optimal health with Green Smoothies for Beginners:

The Green Smoothie Detox Plan includes recipes, helpful tips, and guidelines for a One-Day Cleanse, Three-Day Cleanse, and a Five-Day Cleanse.
Discover 35 quick and easy green smoothie recipes for weight loss, digestive health, disease prevention, anti-aging, healthy skin, increased energy, and improved cognitive function.
Learn how to create your own tasty green drinks; discover 63 smoothie ingredients; learn which fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices work best together; and start making your own green smoothies from scratch today.
Exploring the health benefits of green smoothies, best-selling health and nutrition author John Chatham provides a complete introduction to the nutritious green drink, from the basics of green smoothies to easy recipes, tips for creating your own from scratch, and basic detox cleanses.

Whether you are looking to lose weight, cleanse your system, or are seeking a daily health supplement, Green Smoothies for Beginners will help you discover the amazing healing benefits and essential vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals provided by the fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices in green smoothies.

Green Smoothies for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started provides a nutritional path to a healthier you.
==============================================================

Not Today, But Someday (Emi Lost & Found) by Lori L. Otto (Sep 1, 2012) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Today-Someday-Lost-Found-ebook/dp/B009562Y...

This novella is the prequel to the Emi Lost & Found series. After the 3-volume series was published, readers wanted more. This is for the readers – the story of how Nate and Emi met.

In December of 1994, when she was a junior in high school, Emi Hennigan discovered her father's infidelity. Forced to transfer schools mid-year, she wasn't trying to make new friends. In that same month, sophomore Nate Wilson's girlfriend broke up with him. Searching for someone to fill the void left by his first love, he meets Emi in his art class.

Nate knows he wants Emi from the moment he sees her. Emi knows she needs Nate after one night together. A life-long friendship is born, and a pact is made to ensure that nothing will come between them.
================================================

Coming Home (Jackson Falls Series) by Laurie Breton (Jul 11, 2012) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Jackson-Falls-Series-ebook/dp/B008K...

A rock and roll love story that will shatter your heart and then glue the pieces back together.

From the USA Today bestselling author of FINAL EXIT comes a
breathtaking novel about love, friendship, and the fine line between the two.

Songwriter Casey Bradley is just eighteen years old on the day that handsome, charismatic singer Danny Fiore blows into her life and sets her heart on fire. Good girl Casey has never done anything her dad would disapprove of, but the first time she looks into those turbulent blue eyes, the first time she hears that golden voice, she's ready to give up everything -- home, family, fiancé -- to follow Danny wherever his dreams lead them.

Together with guitar wizard Rob MacKenzie, Casey writes the songs that catapult Danny to a fame beyond their wildest imaginings. Through the lean years, when there isn't enough to eat, and the fat years, when life comes at them so quickly there's no time to breathe, they're an unstoppable hit-making machine, the holy trinity of rock and roll. But the road to success is littered with land mines. Rivers of darkness flow through her troubled marriage, and every time Danny breaks her heart, it's Rob who picks her up, dusts her off, and glues the pieces back together.

It isn't until an unimaginable tragedy rocks their solid foundation that Casey is forced to question who she is and what she really wants from life. As she searches for herself amid the wreckage, she discovers the bittersweet truth that the choices a woman makes at thirty may differ vastly from those she made at eighteen.

COMING HOME is a poignant story about the seasons of a woman's heart, and the roundabout route we sometimes have to take to get to where we're meant to be.
=========================================================

Champagne and Lemon Drops: A Blueberry Springs Chick Lit Contemporary Romance by Jean Oram (Mar 7, 2013) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Champagne-Lemon-Drops-Contemporary-ebook/d...

One woman. Two men. One meddling small town.

Raised by her older sister in the small town of Blueberry Springs, all Beth Wilkinson wants is to create a family so big she’ll never be alone. Things are going great until her accountant fiancé, Oz, experiences a family trauma, forcing him to rethink everything from his own career to their nuptial plans—leaving Beth alone.

As Beth works to rediscover her former bold and independent self in hopes of reattracting Oz, she catches the eye of the charming new city doctor, Nash. Not only does he see her as she’d like to be seen, but he knows exactly what he wants from life—and that includes Beth.

Torn between the two men, as well as two versions of herself, Beth discovers that love and dreams are much more complicated than they seem.

A chick lit contemporary romance that will appeal to fans of Jennifer Weiner, Jane Green, and Meg Cabot, and will have readers wondering who the hell Beth should choose.
=======================================================

The Fox by Arlene Radasky (Nov 1, 2008) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/The-Fox-ebook/dp/B001OC5KS0/ref=sr_1_64?s=...

Dramatic in all the right ways, The Fox by new author Arlene Radasky does for bog bodies and Druids what no author in time has ever done; she celebrates ancient history, endless romance and undying love. Brilliant and utterly breathtaking, Radasky’s is a powerful new voice in romance, fantasy, and historical fiction. Bravo!

The Romans’ path of destruction jeopardizes a Caledonian clan unless they are able to strike a bargain with the Gods, which ultimately means a human sacrifice. Jahna is a member of this first century tribe. She has the power to merge minds, which she chooses to do with a twenty-first century woman, Aine MacRae and her contemporary, a young man Lovern, to whom she was hand-fasted in her time and of whom she shared a child, in order to save her people. In the name of the gods, Lovern was killed. Druids place his body in the sacred Black Lake, but through a visit from his ghost, Jahna sends their child away thus securing their bloodline. In the midst of madness, Jahna lives just long enough to reveal to Aine, her grief. Two thousand years later, in the year 2005, Aine is hoping to reestablish her career as an archaeologist and assists in the excavation in the Highlands of Scotland of a first century Caledonian chieftain’s tomb with fellow archaeologist, Marc Hunt. As the fates align, Jahna, guides Aine to one bronze bowl, then another, and when she is led by a ghost, Aine uncovers a two thousand year old man encased in a bog. As the circle goes unbroken, a heart’s chains are loosened and it is understood that Aine and Marc are able to rediscover their past love.

Too many cooks starting this. I like consistency so spsaver.

Tip of the Toes (A Ballerina Story) (Fun Rhyming Children's Books) by Lily Lexington (Mar 18, 2012) - Kindle eBook
Link

The New Bestseller.

If your child enjoys stories from authors like Kate DiCamillo, Cynthia Rylant,
Mem Fox or Gary Paulson then your child will love this beautiful ballerina story told by Lily Lexington.

This is a tale about a young ballerina as she prepares for her big concert. Follow her as she attempts to conquer her fears about performing in front of an audience in this heart warming tale.

- Beautiful, color illustrations that will captivate your young child.
- Rhyming lines help engage your child and sustain interest

Your younger children will enjoy the illustrations and sing-song tone of the story while your older children will particularly like the rhyming story format.
=================================================

The Imaginary Friend by Kelly Hashway (Sep 3, 2011) - Kindle eBook
Link

Samantha and Tracy have been best friends since kindergarten, but now that Tracy has gotten over her shyness and made new friends, Samantha is feeling left out. This is nothing compared to how she feels when a strange girl named Jessica tells Samantha that she’s actually an imaginary friend. Tracy has outgrown Samantha, and it’s time for Samantha to help another child who needs her. But will Samantha be able to move on and fulfill her duty as an imaginary friend?
======================================

I Am Not Afraid of Monsters! (Perfect for Bedtime and Young Readers Children's Books Collection) by Sharlene Alexander (Mar 31, 2013) - Kindle eBook
Link

This book is perfect for bedtime and also young readers.

"I Am Not Afraid of Monsters!" is full of surprises and there is a fun twist at the end of the story.

This interactive book with a great message is definitely one that will keep children's attention as they anticipate what will happen next.

There are sight words and beautiful colorful pictures on each page that both parents and children will enjoy.

★★★FUN BONUS GAMES ALSO INCLUDED★★★
=============================================

New Kid Catastrophes: 1 (TJ and the Time Stumblers) by Bill Myers (Jan 25, 2013) - Kindle eBook
LinkLink
This six-book series centers around two 23rd century goofballs, Tuna and Herby, who travel back in time to study TJ Finkelstein for their history project. TJ will someday become a great leader who demonstrates honesty, integrity, thoughtfulness, self-sacrifice, respect for others—all traits she hones and grasps through her adventures in this series. Unfortunately, Tuna and Herby get stuck in TJ’s time (modern day), so she has to deal with their schemes while juggling the normal issues of a seventh grader who has moved to a new city, is trying to fit in, and is coping with her mother’s death and her family’s new life.
In New Kid Catastrophes, TJ accidentally makes an enemy of Hesper Breakahart, the superstar who attends their school. And Tuna and Herby’s attempts to help just lead to one disaster after another. In the end, TJ is still very unpopular, but she learns the value of looking past appearances and gains a few friends—and the attention of the most popular boy in school.
============================================

Spring is Here! A Children's Picture Book About Spring by Heidi Pross Gray (Mar 10, 2013) - Kindle eBook
Link

Discover The Beauty of Spring

Discover the world as it wakes from its winter slumber, the flowers blossom, the animals come out from their resting place, and nature comes alive during this season of renewal. Head outside and play soccer and baseball with your friends while enjoying a wonderful picnic lunch from the food you grew in your garden! Heidi has done it again with this wonderful, wholesome book about the spring season, tying family and nature together in a book that will leave you feeling excited about spring!
Spring Is Here Is A Wonderful Edition To Your Children's Home Library
Amazing Watercolor Illustrations
Rhythmic Whimsical Text
Perfect Balance of Discovering Nature and Embracing Family Values
Wholesome and Delightful
==============================================
Operation Wolfe Cub (The Time To Tell) by H.C. Wells (Feb 18, 2013) - Kindle eBook
http://www.amazon.com/Operation-Wolfe-Time-Tell-ebook/dp/B00BI0Y...

Nationally recognized ForeWord Clarion Reviews gave H.C. Wells's new breakthrough novel "Operation Wolfe Cub" a four out of five star rating.

A baby is borne out of Germany in the middle of the night on a secret journey. He is prophesied to bring a thousand years of peace to the world, only to survive a shipwreck and be discovered on the shore of America by a disabled American veteran. Thinking he finally has the child he always wished for, he and his wife soon begin to realize that the baby just might be something else entirely.

A thought-provoking work of historical science fiction, H. C. Wells’s debut of his The Time to Tell series is a fascinating reinvention of our nation’s history and the possible truths behind it.

A taut, well-paced thriller full of intrigue and almost unbearable suspense, Wells captures your attention from the novel’s opening action sequence and never relents, always staying two steps ahead with intricate plotting marked by sharp turns and surprising twists. A razor sharp ear for time and place lend authenticity, and the marvel of weaving a fictional tale infused by magical realism within the true events of history is nothing short of astonishing. Full of gusto and quiet unease, Operation Wolfe Cub will have you questioning your beliefs and rethinking critical moments of the past seventy years.
======================================================

Swing by Zachary Leeman (Mar 18, 2013) - Kindle eBook
Linkhttp://www.amazon.com/Swing-ebook/dp/B00BWWZZQE/ref=sr_1_14?s=digital-t...

Tom's life didn't go exactly as planned. Dreaming of being a famous writer with a beautiful muse, he has now settled as a high school English teacher with a wife that barely notices him. However, things are about to change for Tom. His wife's got a new idea to save their marriage, but it might just push Tom down a road he may never return from.
================================

The ISRAELI BETRAYAL (The Dalton Crusoe Novels) by Richard Trevae (Feb 22, 2013) - Kindle eBook
hLinkttp://www.amazon.com/ISRAELI-BETRAYAL-Dalton-Crusoe-ebook/dp/B00BJUETD...

A unique ore discovered in mining operations at Elko Montana near the Canadian border holds extraordinary promise in weaponry and energy. Oil economies scramble to slow or halt the energy discovery if they cannot own it. Energy poor countries step forward, modifying their international posture to gain licensing to the green source of power.

Determined operatives from the clandestine hidden government, “KCG”, supported by Israel and Japan stole the raw ore and rushed through research to assemble a new custom fusion bomb. Weeks later the KCG, through Israeli co-conspirators perfects a breakthrough in the stolen technology and destroys an Iranian weapons facility. Days later, U.S. firm Enertek, is feverishly working to understand if the ore catalyzes slow fusion when a sudden explosion destroys labs just as critical reaction data is downloaded to servers. The Iranians are furious suspecting western involvement in their destroyed weapons plant, yet the world sees the blast as a careless mistake.

They hire contract–assassin Hasid Khamal to uncover and kill the attackers. The KCG launches its own operatives to recover the Enertek explosion data files and foil U.S. efforts to develop the unique technology. Energy Secretary Kosko asks Jameson Dalton Crusoe to take control of the Elko discovery. With the assassin Khamal and the KCG out to stop Dalton he becomes the guardian of an emerging technology that emboldens a powerful shadow government consortium to destroy avowed enemies and alter the balance of power in the world. The KCG has enormous access to technology, funds, international connections, military forces and all under an impenetrable screen of privacy. The initial bomb success in Jefrah Iran emboldens KCG member Dr. Eli Weiss, to create additional custom bombs and eliminate Israel’s and Japan’s vowed enemies...and also destroy the U.S. ore supply.

Dalton becomes the President’s point man to secure the technology, stop the KCG and lead a covert special military unit into Israel. His bold plan, co-ops the Israeli command center and then moves to North Korea on the complex mission. Dalton compromises the KCG, saves the Elko mine from devastation and secretly orchestrates a second planned bomb attack on a new North Korean weapons complex.

Taking a much needed rest in the Caribbean with Carolyn, his love interest, Dalton is nearly killed in a surprise attack by Khamal. Returning home from the secret mission amid high praise from the President, he asks Dalton to manage world deployment of the fusion technology. He struggles with the decision.
===============================================

FYI - It Doesn't Stay in Vegas and Film Critic are not free - only free to borrow for Amazon Prime members.
I realize prices change a lot but just pointing this out in case someone sees the "0.00" cost to borrow and mistakenly clicks the "Buy Now" link.

geezlouise said:   FYI - It Doesn't Stay in Vegas and Film Sritic are not free - only free to borrow for Amazon Prime members.
I realize prices change a lot but just pointing this out in case someone sees the "0.00" cost to borrow and mistakenly clicks the "Buy Now" link.

The same is true for "Film Critic: A Decade Behind the Scenes in the Movie Industry" by Laremy Legel.

I bought Film Critic without making sure it was free, then found the Kindle Customer Service Contact Us button--I think by clicking on Kindle Support near the top of the page on a product page--and filled in the questions on the Contact Us page. My money was refunded immediately and the book removed from my library. Phew, to think I nearly paid for a book...

WillPower Now: How to Increase Your Value at Home, Work, and the Bank [Kindle Edition] - was $5.99

Will Harris (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BK5RUAM

Publication Date: February 22, 2013

12 Reviews ★★★★★

Whether you think mainly in principles or techniques, WILLPOWER NOW is the rare book delivering both that helps you navigate through the obstacle courses of life. In this inspiring book, Will Harris delivers on his opening promise of helping you live powerfully at home, work, and the bank. You will have many "aha" moments as you discover how to increase your happiness at home (your personal life), your success at work (your career), and your value at the bank (your financial goals). Read stories of people, like you, who applied these amazing principles and learn to increase your:

Destiny . . . Identify who you are meant to be and whether you are called or chosen
Determination . . . Maintain your focus long after your initial commitment
Drive . . . Overcome all obstructions along the pathway to greatness

WILLPOWER NOW provides techniques that will help you:

At Home... to improve your love life, eliminate anger, and keep peace of mind
At Work... to manage your time, your boss, and the politics in your workplace
At the Bank... to have a rich life, develop multiple ways of generating income, be free of financial worries

Will Harris has combined his understanding of spirituality, corporate training, and life skills into the perfect manual for increasing your value in every area of your life. WILLPOWER NOW is the perfect combination of motivation and training.

After reading this book, not only will you believe you can do it, you will also know specifically how to get it done now!

About the Author
Biography
Will Harris is an international corporate trainer and life skills Coach who has worked with clients in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, and Australia.

Accumulating more than 330,000 air miles in the past two years, he has also accumulated many life lessons and stories after a decade of corporate and personal development training (including working for The Zig Ziglar Network), much to the delight and education of audiences all around the world.

Will is a devoted husband, father, and founder of WillPower Consultation (Sales Training and Management Consulting), WillPower Motivation (Life Skills Training and Motivation) and WillPower Real Estate (Domestic & International Properties).

Will understands that a strong motivation to achieve needs to be reinforced with the training to accomplish. He is proof that where there is a will, there is a way.

Happy to see you back, Archena! Last week really pointed out how much hard work you do!!

FYI - O. Henry's Apprentice back to .99 but the reviews make me want to buy it anyway...

102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers) [Kindle Edition]

The Grabarchuk Family (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A4G1JW8

Publication Date: November 8, 2012

130 Reviews ★★★★.5

Discover the 3rd volume of the Top Rated Puzzlebook: Puzzle Quizzes series, version for e-readers. In this brand-new puzzle collection you will find 102 pictorial, hand-crafted puzzle quizzes in different themes: logic, visual, spatial, counting, geometry, matchstick, coins, searching, and much more.

102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets) [Kindle Edition]

The Grabarchuk Family (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A4G1P9U

Publication Date: November 8, 2012

130 Reviews ★★★★.5

Discover the 3rd volume of the Top Rated Puzzlebook: Puzzle Quizzes series, HD version for tablets. In this brand-new puzzle collection you will find 102 pictorial, hand-crafted puzzle quizzes in different themes: logic, visual, spatial, counting, geometry, matchstick, coins, searching, and much more.

*** Free for a limited time! (offer ends April 12th) Featured at Kindle Buffet ***

*** PUZZLE CONTEST: solve puzzles and WIN Kindle Paperwhite! Download Puzzle Quizzes Volume 1 app (designed for Kindle e-readers) >> Solve ALL its 100 puzzles >> Send a screenshot of the app's Score page to us >> The FIRST person to solve all the puzzles and receive the MOST stars in the process will be awarded a brand new Kindle Paperwhite! Find more info on publisher's site. Featured at Kindle Buffet ***

Hot News
Over 800 000 downloads for the Puzzlebook series! Discover why thousands of Kindle users are addicted to Puzzlebooks.

Novelty
All puzzle quizzes are original creations by the Grabarchuk Family and delivered exclusively for Kindle.

Interactivity
You can interactively answer and check a puzzle quiz by clicking the respective answer. Only the correct answer leads to the solution page. Learn more how to play Puzzlebook on different devices.

Made Specially for E-readers
Puzzlebook works fast on e-readers, graphic is sharp and simple. Images are black-and-white and specially optimized for e-ink devices.

Enjoy it in Color and HD Too!
Get 102 Puzzle Quizzes HD to enjoy entire new colorful experience playing Puzzlebook on Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, Mac, or other devices using a free Kindle app. For the first time Kindle Puzzlebook contains color high-definition images - four times bigger images compared to the previous version. Now each puzzle looks perfectly sharp and detailed with richer colors.

Play Anywhere!
Puzzlebook is specially designed for playing on any Kindle e-reader or tablet, as well on any other devices using a free Kindle app. Be sure to play it on different devices for more fun and comfort.

Ranking
The collection is specially created for all kinds of solvers - beginners, skillful, and experts alike. The puzzles are arranged so that you start with the easiest (*) puzzles and progress to the hardest (*****) puzzles.

Medicine Men: Extreme Appalachian Doctoring [Kindle Edition] - was $2.99

Carolyn Jourdan (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9L3E62

Publication Date: November 17, 2012

259 Reviews ★★★★.5

Follows bestselling "Heart in the Right Place" which was ranked #1 on Amazon in Biography, Memoir, Science, and Medicine in August and September 2012.

A collection of the most memorable moments from old-school rural physicians who each practiced medicine for more than 50 years in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Hilarious, heroic, heartwarming true stories of miracle cures, ghost dogs, and much madcap medical mayhem.

Jourdan's work is often compared to James Herriot and Bill Bryson. Her first book is on hundreds of lists of best books of the year, best book club books, and funniest books. "Heart in the Right Place" was chosen as Family Circle magazine's first ever Book of the Month, won the Elle magazine Reader's Prize, named #7 wall street journal Nonfiction Bestseller.

10 Minute Photo Touchup - How To Make Your Portraits Look Their Best Using Photoshop by Darren Rowland (Mar 20, 2013) - Kindle eBook
Link

Learn How to Touchup Your Portraits in Just 10 Minutes Using Photoshop!

Want a book that really "takes you by the hand" and shows you the exact steps on how to touchup a portrait?

This book does just that! If you want to recolor hair or lips, I give you the exact step-by-step instructions! If you want to fix blemishes or pimples, I show you how to do that as well!

Don't know what tools to use to make it easy to fix anything in a portrait?

I show you the EASY ways to make all kinds of changes to any portrait! Best of all, most of these changes only take a few steps!

Want clear instructions without all the confusing jargon?

That's exactly what this book is all about! I use images and screenshots inside the book so you can follow along with your own portrait. I don't use any confusing jargon making editing your own pictures a breeze!

Hello There,

My name is Darren Rowland and I have been a freelance photographer since 2008. This is my first book in a series of books that will teach you how to create amazing images and edit them easily using Photoshop.

*This book will work with ANY VERSION of Photoshop!
===============================================

Legends of Rock & Roll - The Bee Gees by James Hoag (Feb 21, 2013) - Kindle eBook
Link

"It's All About the Music!"

Welcome to another in the Legends of Rock & Roll series.

This is, like the others, a mini-biography of one the greatest performers, The Bee Gees.

I love the music of the 20th Century, especially rock and roll and everything that came after. The Bees Gees had two careers, one in the Sixties when they sounded a lot like the Beatles and again in the late Seventies when they defined the music of Disco for the world.

The Bee Gees were born in England, moved to Australia where they got their start and then moved back to England and then eventually took up residence in America.

This book is about the group, but even more importantly, it's about the music. This series is my way of honoring the people that have brought so much joy to our lives over the years. The Bee Gees defined music for a generation.

This is an unauthorized fan tribute.

Inside you'll find:

Introduction - Remarks about The Bee Gees in general and a kick-off for the book.
The Brothers Growing Up - Their early years from birth in England to leaving for Australia.
Moving to Australia - The family decides that Australia is the place to be.
The Bee Gees Are Born - How did they get their name and were they an overnight success?
Working Their Way Up - The first few years are a struggle, but they persevere.
Moving Back to England - Realizing there is more of an audience in England, the family moves back.
“New York Mining Disaster 1941” - What's the significance of their first hit?
“To Love Somebody” - Their second hit does about as well as their first one did.
“(The Lights Went Out in) Massachusetts” - They had never been to the United States, let alone Massachusetts, they just liked the sound of the word.
“I Started a Joke” - A touching story of father and son that relates to this song.
Split Up For Awhile - Having the disputes that often come with a small team working close together, the group separates for a while.
Solo Period - The guys all get involved with solo projects.
Reunited - Realizing that the whole is greater than the sum, they decide to get back together.
“Jive Talkin’” - Barry Gibb writes the song that will define the group for the next several years.
“Children of the World” - A great album which highlighted the new falsetto Barry Gibb sound.
“Saturday Night Fever” - The soundtrack and movie that kept disco and the Bee Gees alive, producing three number one hits.
“How Deep Is Your Love” - A little detail on the songs from "Saturday Night Fever".
“Spirits Having Flown” - The follow-up to "Saturday Night Fever" that also produced three number one songs.
Disco is Dead - Seemingly overnight, disco fell out of favor with the public and the Bee Gees died with it.
The Bee Gees Start to Fade Away - With disco gone, they had trouble getting their own work played, so they wrote for others.
The Loss of Andy Gibb - Their younger brother Andy, dies at the age of 30.
Maurice - In 2003, one of the twins, Maurice Gibb, passes away unexpectedly.
Robin - In 2012, we lose the other twin, Robin Gibb. The Bee Gees are over.
Legacy of The Bee Gees - Every Legends book has a Legacy section where we review the awards and contributions of the artist.
Afterword - My closing thoughts.
Grammy Awards - A list of the Grammy Awards won by the group.
Selected Discography - A list of the major works by The Bee Gees.
======================================================

Medicine Men: Extreme Appalachian Doctoring by Carolyn Jourdan (Nov 17, 2012) - Kindle eBook
Link

Follows bestselling "Heart in the Right Place" which was ranked #1 on Amazon in Biography, Memoir, Science, and Medicine in August and September 2012.

A collection of the most memorable moments from old-school rural physicians who each practiced medicine for more than 50 years in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Hilarious, heroic, heartwarming true stories of miracle cures, ghost dogs, and much madcap medical mayhem.

Jourdan's work is often compared to James Herriot and Bill Bryson. Her first book is on hundreds of lists of best books of the year, best book club books, and funniest books. "Heart in the Right Place" was chosen as Family Circle magazine's first ever Book of the Month, won the Elle magazine Reader's Prize, named #7 wall street journal Nonfiction Bestseller.
===========================================================

The Kindness of Strangers: Penniless Across America by Mike McIntyre (Aug 27, 2010) - Kindle eBook
Link

#1 Amazon Travel Bestseller
As featured on Oprah, The Kindness of Strangers is the story of one man's continental leap of faith--and the country that caught him.

Stuck in a job he no longer found fulfilling, journalist Mike McIntyre felt his life was quickly passing him by. So one day he hit the road to trek from one end of the country to the other with little more than the clothes on his back and without a single penny in his pocket. Through his travels, he found varying degrees of kindness in strangers from all walks of life--and discovered more about people and values and life on the road in America than he'd ever thought possible. The gifts of food and shelter he received along the way were outweighed only by the touching gifts of the heart--the willingness of many he met to welcome a lonely stranger into their homes...and the discovery that sometimes those who give the most are the ones with the least to spare.

Includes an extended sample from the author's second travelogue, The Wander Year: One Couple's Journey Around the World.
==============================================

Betty's Child by Donald Dempsey (Mar 26, 2013) - Kindle eBook
Link

In the tradition of Frank McCourt and Angela's Ashes, Don Dempsey uses Betty's Child to tell the story of life with his cruel and neglectful mother, his mother's abusive boyfriends, and hypocritical church leaders who want to save twelve-year-old Donny's soul but ignore threats to his physical well-being. Meanwhile, Donny's best friend is trying to recruit Donny to do petty theft and deal drugs for a dangerous local thug.

Young Donny is a real-life cross between Huckleberry Finn and Holden Caulfield as he tells his story, with only his street smarts and sense of humor to guide him. Donny does everything he can to take care of himself and his younger brothers, but with each new development, the present becomes more fraught with peril--and the future more uncertain.
===============================================================

RAMPAGE Spree Killers and Mass Murderers by RJ Parker (Dec 31, 2012) - Kindle eBook
Link

Rampage Spree Killers depicts realistic violence with vile and malicious killings that took place in schools, restaurants and other public places and is at times graphic.

Two major Motives fuel the Spree Killer's final, hate-filled act: revenge against the world and a desire to show that he is a person to be reckoned with. Tormented by his failure to achieve those things that seem to come so easily to others-satisfying work, loving relationships-he will prove that he is special in at least one regard: in his power to wreak havoc.

Could you imagine being in an area like a mall or restaurant when someone pulls out weapons and starts killing people? It's scary! I have chosen thirteen of these stories to write about and compiled them in this book.

* Columbine School Shooting
* Rodrick Shonte Dantzler - Grand Rapids, Michigan
* Michael Kenneth McLendon - Geneva County Massacre
* Tim Kretschmer - The Winnenden School Shooting
* Nidal Malik Hasan - Fort Hood Shooting
* Joseph T. Wesbecker - The Standard Gravure Shooting
* George Hennard - The Luby's Massacre
* Seung-Hui Cho - Virginia Tech Killing Spree
* Howard Barton Unruh - The Walk of Death, Camden, New Jersey
* Michael Robert Ryan - The Hungerford Massacre
* Patrick Henry Sherrill - Edmond United States Post Office Massacre

Canadian born RJ Parker is an award-winning author of the World Book Awards (2012). He lives in Newfoundland and Ontario, Canada. His parents come from Ireland and England and have many roots in the UK. Parker has two daughters, twin sons, and two grandsons.

To date, RJ has donated over 1,500 books to allied troops serving overseas and to our wounded warriors recovering in Naval and Army hospitals all over the world. He also donates a large percentage of royalties to Victims of Violent Crimes.
==========================================================

Raising Confident Children: A Nanny P Blueprint for Building Your Child's Self-Esteem (Nanny Notes on Toddlers) [Kindle Edition] - was $2.99

Nanny P (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQENLKA

Publication Date: March 6, 2013

6 Reviews ★★★★★

Parenting a toddler has its own set of milestones and challenges, one of the most critical being laying the foundation for confidence and healthy self-esteem.

In this Nanny P Blueprint you'll discover a set of strategies that you can use to help build your toddler's sense of confidence which can then effect his or her whole life in positive ways.

Nanny P blueprints are written with the busy parent in mind. Each blueprint is designed to tackle a specific issue in a short and concise way so that you do not need to spend time reading through a lot of other material to find tips and methods for the specific topic you are looking to address.

If you're looking for ways to build your toddler's self-esteem and help him or her to feel great about themselves, then "Nanny P's Blueprint for Raising Confident Children" is for you!

This was a available as FREE about same time last year

Winners Never Cheat: Even in Difficult Times, New and Expanded Edition [Kindle Edition] - was $22.99

Jon M. Huntsman (Author), Glenn Beck (Foreword)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M60BKU

Publication Date: October 29, 2008

58 Reviews ★★★★.5

The nationwide bestseller--fully updated for today’s tough times and worldwide financial crises

“Everyone does it.” Everyone cheats. Cuts corners. Tells lies. Maybe it was different once. Not today. If you want to succeed in this economic climate, you simply have to make compromises. Right?

Wrong. You can succeed at the highest levels, without sacrificing the principles that make life worth living. The proof? You’re holding it.

Jon M. Huntsman built a $12 billion company from scratch, the old-fashioned way: with integrity. There were short-term costs and difficult decisions. There were tough times. Times just like today. But ultimately, leading with integrity wasn’t just personally right for Huntsman, it also proved to be the best business strategy.

In Winners Never Cheat, Huntsman tells you how he did it, and how you can, too. This book is about remembering why you work, and why you were chosen to lead. It’s about finding the bravery to act on what you know is right, no matter what you’re up against.

It’s about winning. The right way.

Think about the kind of person you want to do business with. Then, be that person--and use this book to get you there.

Author royalties from this book go to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation

“The way Jon conducts his business and lives his life will not only inspire you to be a better person, citizen, and entrepreneur, it also will give you hope that the good guys don't finish last.”
Glenn Beck

"Jon Huntsman is a different breed. He believes business is a creative endeavor, similar to a theater production, wherein integrity must be the central character."
Larry King, CNN

"Jon Huntsman's own life and personal values lend credence to his words. He walks his ethical talk."
Neil Cavuto, Fox News

"This book could put me out of business. Nobody would be happier about it than me."
Wayne Reaud, Trial Attorney.

Pies and Mini Pies [Kindle Edition] - was $2.99

Bonnie Scott (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3KPXVI

Publication Date: November 7, 2012

30 Reviews ★★★★★

You’ll soon be baking pies with confidence with over 100 great pie and mini pie recipes. From homey fruit pies, custard and cream pies to pies with unusual ingredients, there are pies for every occasion. You’ll find chapters for tarts and toppings, crusts and refrigerated pies. You will also find great hints and tips for preparing a perfect pie that even your grandmother would be proud to serve.

Join the mini pie explosion! Bite size mini pies are all the rage. The teeny tiny pies are so easy to eat and portion control is built in. These little baked goods are cute displayed in cupcake racks or put together into a shape like a Christmas tree for holiday parties. They make perfect party hors-d'oeuvres since they are finger food. And they are fun to make and can be made in advance of your get together.

Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginning baker, you’ll find recipes your family will be asking for again and again. You’ll also learn how to create mini pies from your standard pie recipes. Mini pies are a great way to serve a crowd and are perfect gifts for the holidays.

Sondra said:   I bought Film Critic without making sure it was free, then found the Kindle Customer Service Contact Us button--I think by clicking on Kindle Support near the top of the page on a product page--and filled in the questions on the Contact Us page. My money was refunded immediately and the book removed from my library. Phew, to think I nearly paid for a book...Thanks for sharing this. I really dislike Amazon's 1-click system. I'm sure that someday I'll accidentally click on one of those buttons, and there's no backing out of it.
But good on Amazon that they'll reverse a mistake if you contact them right away (at least for Kindle books). Nice to know.

Thanks for these. I love finding these deals on the various forums. It's like having your own personal smorgasboard of freebies!

Many of them are not free any more!! But I do get some interesting free ones.
Thank you.

The Option Trader's Hedge Fund: A Business Framework for Trading Equity and Index Options [Kindle Edition]
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00844NXC6
This one usually was $49.99!!

O. Henry's Apprentice: Twisted Stories for A New Generation [Kindle Edition]
Timothy D. McLendon (Author)
Linky

Book Description
Publication Date: March 16, 2013
A New Generation of Short Stories Has Arrived

O. Henry's Legacy Continues

The master of short stories has been silent for more than 100 years. His Apprentice has been watching, waiting for a new generation of readers. The time has come to break the silence.

Life Is Full of Twisted Stories

Times have changed. The world is a little bit darker. A little bit colder. A little bit more twisted. The world has evolved, but there are still many good people in it. Good people who do bad things. Horrible things. The Apprentice has remained true to his craft, characterizing the world as it is today. No stone is left unhurled.

Five Short Stories Sure To Leave You Breathless
Get ready to experience action - packed mystery at its finest. The characters in these five short stories aren't prepared for what happens next. You won't be either. Just remember, bad things happen to good people. Strap yourself in for an adventure that never lets go.

O. Henry's Apprentice invites you to a new vision of the short story. Be careful. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will always hurt you.

Advanced praise for the stories of O. Henry's Apprentice

Your use of the story telling device and the way it becomes resolved at the end is a tour-de-force. - David B

This is the first story I have read that I literally could not stop reading. I had to finish it. - Trevor W

Your story hooked me quickly and kept me guessing. - Igal L

...an excellent pace which does not let up. - Julio P

My jaw dropped to the floor of my library's computer room. Holy ****! - Leroy M

So many message! I nearly missed it. I prefer O. Henry's short story.

Thanks

Thanks OP. I purchased a hard copy several months ago. Kindle version wasn't available then. Who knew it would be available at my favorite price: free!

Thanks OP. I purchased a hard copy several months ago. Kindle version wasn't available then. Who knew it would be available at my favorite price: free

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014