• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is there any way to just purchase apps, and not have them "install"?
TIA,
George

GeorgeGarman said:   Is there any way to just purchase apps, and not have them "install"?

Not as far as I can tell. You can always uninstall them as soon as they're installed, they'll still count as purchased according to your account.

Also, I have a few older Android devices that I've since wiped still listed on Google Play, so I can "install" the apps to one of those.

Finally, it should be noted that apps that go free on Google Play are supposed to STAY free; Google officially doesn't allow app developers to raise the price once an app has been marked free. I'm not sure if this is a pricing error though, or if Disney is deliberately making these free, perhaps hoping for making money from in-app purchases.

GeorgeGarman said:   Is there any way to just purchase apps, and not have them "install"?
TIA,
George

I don't have any experience with Android, so this is just a guess, but can you create a second account and then "gift" the apps to your primary account?

TIA,
George

When you buy from your phone, as soon as you get the thank you page, hit the back button and you will see the downlad progress bar. Click on the "X" to stop the download (or the install, if it is already there).

Then, check your purchased apps section and it should be there, but not on your phone.

SteveG

Works for me! I got them from my phone's Goggle Play, all free! THanks!!

dead ? I do not see them free now ?

I was able to download Where's my Perry & Wreck it Ralph for free, but Temple Run: Brave & Puffle Launch are showing up at 99 cents for me. Dead already?

Yep, it looks like it was a pricing mistake.

Eyup, all dead now.

Disney's response:
There was a technical glitch on Google Play this morning that triggered the apps to be marked as free. The issue was corrected immediately and the prices are now back to normal for all of these titles (0.99$).
Glad I got them this morning!

WOW, these games are free on Windows Phone 8...

DavidinCT said:   WOW, these games are free on Windows Phone 8...
Doesn't look like it. Where's My Water? and Where's My Perry? are $0.99 on Windows Phone. The other apps haven't been ported over yet:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/store/publishers?publisherId=D...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014