Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thank you op!!!

amie7268 (Sep. 22, 2013 @ 5:57a) |

Great!

gportis2 (Sep. 23, 2013 @ 3:14p) |

I get an error about being linked and I never remember even having an account!

donrull (Oct. 18, 2013 @ 3:03p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice d(^-^)

It appears that you choose 10 movies to add to your UltraViolet™ Digital Collection from these 22 titles:

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
The Perfect Storm
Vegas Vacation
Black Beauty(1994)
Lean on Me
Adaptation
So I Married An Axe Murderer
St. Elmo's Fire
A Knight's Tale
Legends of the Fall
Battlestar Galactica
Death Race 2
The Land Before Time: The Great Day of the Flyers
The Producers
Big Trouble in Little China
Wrong Turn 2
Never Been Kissed
The Siege
Behind Enemy Lines
Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption
Killers
Conan the Barbarian

Nice, I got 21 free now.

I get all mine free. Thanks for just leaving the codes in the cases rental places! *awaits for the fbi to arrive*

In 4 10. Thanks, OP.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing this one.

404 page not found.

syvyn11 said:   404 page not found.
Just worked for me. Logging into UV was slow, but other than that no problems.

Movie Cover
Disclaimer
Is anyone seeing "LICENSOR RESTRICTED" on any of their movies?
I'm seeing this on 2 of my 79 movies and it appears that I can no longer play them.
These are two that I got for free from another promotion so I'm not terribly upset about it.
I did a Google and a bing but came up with nothing relevant. Nothing in their help files either.
This would really suck if paid for these.

Thanks OP

Worked for me today. Thanks for sharing!

Are these free movies for Rent or Buy?

nsearch said:   Are these free movies for Rent or Buy?
To buy/own.

SD res apparently, but hey they are free..

It's saying:

"You are already linked to UltraViolet. Your CinemaNow account is already linked to an UltraViolet account. This current promotion is for new accounts, and those not already linked to UltraViolet. We apologize for any inconvenience. Keep an eye out for more promotions to come!"

I don't remember having their account earlier.

Don't click away from the "choose your 10 movies" before you're done selecting/redeeming. I went to check My Library and then tried to go back, and got the "You are already linked to UltraViolet" message.

thanks op!

Nice find!

I already have a VuDu account, linked to UltraViolet. Now that I've joined CinemaNow, its ten free movies have been added to my UltraViolet account and are accessible from either VuDu or CinemaNow logins. Cool, because my BluRay player only has the VuDu app.

So, word to the wise - check your UV library before selecting the ten free from CinemaNow.

have to download and install their player to view them. screw best buy a day late and $2 short.

zip1212 said:   have to download and install their player to view them. screw best buy a day late and $2 short.You're kinda missing the point. You don't have to use the Best Buy viewer... this is just another way to get move movies into your ultraviolet library (albeit standard def rather than high def, and mostly not-so-highly rated movies at that). There are multiple ways to view UV movies.

Marc

Thanks op, worked just fine for me on ff, got 10 free from vudu before, another ten from cinema now.

@enabler - So, what to do? I too did the same and getting that msg.

i think you are kind of missing the point. ( although i worded it badly. ) you MUST download and install their software... ( which i do not need, want, or trust. ) i rarely if at all install software because its not necessary in most cases. ( this is a perfect example ) i think the whole promo is even more doomed then their crappy rewards program which i will not use again. ( hence i no longer will shop at BB. ) but hey if you are happy with it then thats all that matters. no offense

zip1212 said:   i think you are kind of missing the point. ( although i worded it badly. ) you MUST download and install their software... ( which i do not need, want, or trust. ) i rarely if at all install software because its not necessary in most cases. ( this is a perfect example ) i think the whole promo is even more doomed then their crappy rewards program which i will not use again. ( hence i no longer will shop at BB. ) but hey if you are happy with it then thats all that matters. no offense
Actually you can stream straight from the site without downloading anything but yes if you want to download then you'll need their software...just like every other site.

FYI, you can unlink and re-link your UV account to take advantage of the free movies if you're already linked. Just dont unlink on Vudu or you will regret it.

It's not working after Unlink and Link it back. It's saying the same error. Customer care chat couldn't resolve it. I tried in another browser and they will let me know in a day.

try to unlink then close browser and delete cookies then open again and see it it lets you.

Am I stuck with that bitty selection of (mostly junk, IMO) movies? Or is there a way I can select others from their huge collection, and add them to my ten to check out freely?

What is UV account?

quicky said:   What is UV account?

There's an FAQ at the bottom of the page OP linked to OR you can just use Google....http://www.uvvu.com/what-is-uv.php

Thanks!

I have 45 Ultraviolet movies and they are all viewable on Vudu, Cinemanow, and Flixster Mobile.

Added 10 to my cinemanow account. Will they expire or stay there forever?

edit: wow found my 30 bucks store credit from a long time ago from a microsoft reward I never used.

so im new to this how do i get free codes??? i have two as of right now that i bought. help please and thanks for any information.

Thanks!

trured said:   so im new to this how do i get free codes??? i have two as of right now that i bought. help please and thanks for any information.

There are no "codes" with this deal. You have to go through the process to link your Best Buy / CinemaNow account with an UltraViolet (http://www.uvvu.com) account. UltraViolet is a free cloud service to aggregate movies or TV shows you've bought from participating retailers (e.g., CinemaNow). Then, from your UltraViolet Collection, you have options to stream these videos and/or download.

If you have codes from some other source, you need to go to that retailer to redeem. For example:
Redeem Flixster codes at https://redeem.flixster.com/ultraviolet/entercode
Redeem Sony Pictures codes at https://ultraviolet.sonypictures.com/redeem
Redeem CinemaNow codes at http://www.cinemanow.com/redeemGift.

Further instructions for this deal:
1. Open browser to http://www.cinemanow.com/uv-promotion
2. Click purple button "Get 10 Free Digital Movies!"
3. In popup window, enter credentials for your Best Buy or CinemaNow account. If you don't have one of these, click the link at the bottom of the popup to "Register for free."
4. When prompted, link your Best Buy / Cinema Now account to a new or existing UltraViolet account.
5. A window should appear with 22 movie titles (see my posting earlier in this thread for the list, if you want to consider what you can get before going through this effort). Do NOT close or leave this window until you've chosen your 10 movies.
6. To play the movies, log in to UltraViolet and watch from the Web or get a beta code for their player or use a compatible device (and app) from the options at http://www.cinemanow.com/deviceInfo to download and/or play your movies. The 10 movies are yours to keep (unless these guys go out of business or kill the UltraViolet service).

As you go through this process to link your accouns, some of these pages may be slow to load. Be patient.

Skipping 7 Messages...
I get an error about being linked and I never remember even having an account!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014