• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.ohioenergykit.com/EnrollmentRequest.aspx

You will not be charged separately for this kit. The kit includes nine compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), a smart strip/surge protector, a furnace filter whistle, and two LED night lights.

Member Summary

Energy conservation kit
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Have you confirmed there's no charges?

Its very vague in the language, you won't be charged separately for this, but it sounds like a charge
might appear on the bill.

I went for it anyway

THANKS! There is no extra charge, you are paying for it whether you get it or not. From their website:
What is the cost of this kit?
You will not be charged separately if you receive this Energy Conservation Kit. But please know, the cost of these kits, as with the costs of all other mandated PUCO-approved residential energy efficiency programs, is paid for through a charge included in all residential customers' bills. Offering these kits is one part of our Ohio Energy Efficiency Program, which was approved by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. These programs are necessary to comply with state mandated energy efficiency requirements included in Ohio Senate Bill 221.

I got my "free" kit several weeks ago and it is very useful. Nice power strip and the night light is in my hallway now. You will be paying for it, as will all customers, through hidden charges in the bill

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014