Free t-shirt - YMMV

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.thefreetshirt.com/

click on "Get Yours Now" on the top of the page

6.Prize - Everyone who enters the Giveaway will automatically be awarded the prize.
7.Winner Notification - Since every entry will be considered a winner, all participants will be notified via e-mail when the auction ends.
8.Prizes - The prize is a free t-shirt. The design of the t-shirt will only be known at the end of the auction process. (The auction is only for is only for the design)

Member Summary

Free t-shirt
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No pop-ups. N-4-1, we'll see, I guess.

@Sweet Clover, do you have an opinion whether this offer is legit or not? It seems too easy to me.

Looks iffy to me. The domain is registered by someone in Portugal, was registered on the 8th, contact is an gmail account, and there's no real company information on the website.

Oh, the register page isn't secure by the way. I;m not entering information into that form.

I Just Got My Conformation Email...So We Will See If I Get It

Thank you so much for participating in our giveaway!
We want to make this the biggest giveaway the internet has ever seen and you have just helped us by joining.
We want everyone in the world to have the same t-shirt! Isn't that crazy?
Remember you can tell all your family and friends to enter. Everyone who enters the giveaway wins the t-shirt!

Nothing Against The Original Poster

paychecktopaycheck said:   @Sweet Clover, do you have an opinion whether this offer is legit or not? It seems too easy to me.I'm not sweet clover but the offer is fake..new site is just one reason. Not calling Portugal for this one I think it's made by a kid if you read the below.

Registration Date: 08-Aug-2013

Here is Pedro's facebook account
https://www.facebook.com/noisemovementgroup

Pedro Almeida gmail.com
Av. Alvares Cabral 22 4 dto
Lisboa
Lisboa,1250-018
PT
Tel. +351.914768097

New facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/thefreetshirtcom/649295921748407

The domain has been around for a while..here's a blog from 2006
http://freetshirt.blogspot.com/
I remember another fake freebie from this .. Note the name sowders in the link..
One of the "likes" for the new fb site is from a person named "sowders" won't post their fb page.

Actually no the site is not fake.
You can read abit about the site to find out the idea behind it.

RachelRose said:   Actually no the site is not fake.
You can read abit about the site to find out the idea behind it.
You're just a shill or it's your fake site

Joined On Wednesday, August 14th 2013 7:32 AM

Nothing i say will convince you otherwise so what is the point.
God forbid someone try to open a website with a nice idea without being called a fake or a shill.
I really believe in the idea of the website to tell you the truth. But you don't care what i believe so..

paychecktopaycheck said:   @Sweet Clover, do you have an opinion whether this offer is legit or not? It seems too easy to me.

Sorry, I was gone much of the afternoon, came home and prepped dinner. Pre-surgery medical clearance (nothing major/life-threatening, just to fix a torn rotator cuff and remove a spur in my right shoulder). Saw that theapparatus and MumzOf2 provided some info. Here is what I found after a WhoIs and a little web sleuthing, take the information and use it as you will. I highlighted some relevant info.

Domain Name: THEFREETSHIRT.COM
Registrar: LAUNCHPAD.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.launchpad.com
Referral URL: http://www.launchpad.com
Name Server: NS1.THEFREETSHIRT.COM
Name Server: NS2.THEFREETSHIRT.COM
Updated Date: 08-aug-2013
Creation Date: 08-aug-2013
Expiration Date: 08-aug-2014

Registrant Contact Details:
n/a
Pedro Almeida (pedrossalmeida@gmail.com)
Av. Alvares Cabral 22 4 dto
Lisboa
Lisboa,1250-018
PT
Tel. +351.914768097

NetRange: 198.57.128.0 - 198.57.255.255
CIDR: 198.57.128.0/17
OriginAS: AS46606
NetName: UNIFIEDLAYER-NETWORK-12
NetHandle: NET-198-57-128-0-1
Parent: NET-198-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
RegDate: 2012-07-27
Updated: 2012-11-14
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-198-57-128-0-1

OrgName: Unified Layer
OrgId: BLUEH-2
Address: 1958 South 950 East
City: Provo
StateProv: UT
PostalCode: 84606
RegDate: 2006-08-08
Updated: 2012-11-26
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/BLUEH-2

Website has an August 8, 2013 creation date. The launchpad.com registrar came up with a warning from WOT (Web Of Trust). Trustworthiness/26 votes of poor, Vendor reliability/12 voted very poor, Privacy/12 voted very poor. Your getting a free tee is dependent on them getting bids from individuals desiring to place images on one of the five spots available on the tee. As of now, no bids have been placed.

Do a search, and very little comes up. This piqued my interest http://freetshirt.blogspot.com/. Has a link to same offer at same domain name from Sowders Apparel. Offer date is Thursday, October 19, 2006.

My opinion? I see a lot of red flags, my gut feeling says, "Pass." I'm in agreement with theapparatus and MumzOf2, very iffy, probably a fake. As the OP posted in the title, YMMV. Proceed at your own risk.

ETA: I see Mumz updated her post and added the blogspot link as well.

A site called thefreetshirt? They've created a site just for the "free" t-shirt? Beware. it's spam!

Natural Gas Conservation Flame
Disclaimer
The funniest part is that flame..

http://www.thefreetshirt.com/the-noise-movement/
The Flame has a fiery heart and is passionate over what he believes in. A natural leader of people he/she prefers to talk face to face and is most comfortable when engaging in a more personal and upfront conversation. The Flames task will be to spread the word of the movement to other people by word of mouth.

Actually...it's a flame from a natural gas web site LOL:

MumzOf2 said:   The funniest part is that flame..

http://www.thefreetshirt.com/the-noise-movement/
The Flame has a fiery heart and is passionate over what he believes in. A natural leader of people he/she prefers to talk face to face and is most comfortable when engaging in a more personal and upfront conversation. The Flames task will be to spread the word of the movement to other people by word of mouth.

Actually...it's a flame from a natural gas web site LOL:

So they stole the graphic. LOL Also, the description is a literary masterpiece, isn't it? They could have just stated, "You can spam for us and we will (not) send them a free tee too!" ("The more people that sign up, the more money we get for selling their info to lists. Thanks for helping us rake in the dollars.")

Iffy indeed! I love freebies, but don't like being stupid, and certainly don't need a t-shirt badly enough to risk signing up. Pass.

Remick (the OP) does post some good threads, but when he/she posts a bad one, man it's a stinker.

Haven't savvy FW-ers developed their radar enough to know a scam when they see it? I knew something was off about this deal just by reading the subject line of the thread, let alone all the warning signs others subsequently posted.

The website is a lot better now. The submission page has ssl, the flame image was changed and it now has a page about the author. It doesn't seem that suspicious to me

RachelRose said:   The website is a lot better now. The submission page has ssl, the flame image was changed and it now has a page about the author. It doesn't seem that suspicious to me

You seem to have a strong vested interest in this, all of your posts as newbie, are confined to this one thread. Just how are you related to this Pedro Almeida? Just how does Mr Almeida plan on getting parties interested in bidding? Who's running the auction? "The price that You agree to pay in respect of the item numbers for which You make a successful bid is the amount of that successful bid plus all production,printing and distribution costs of the t-shirts divided by all 5 winning bidders."* If the 'winners' has to pay for the costs of the production,printing and distribution of the tees, what is the winning bid money for? Is Mr Almeida personally profiting anyway? (Because if he is, this doesn't qualify as a freebie for the purpose of FW Free Stuff.)The auction's minimal starting bid is $1000 US currency. With a minimal 10% increment. So the minimum from all 5 starting bids is $5000.

"The Price of the auction costs will be calculated at the end of the auction and not at the time of your bid. This means that the final Price may increase over the duration of the auction due to more people registering to receive the t-shirt."* You mention a buyout of $10 per shirt if there are over a million requests for the free tee. So, the estimated costs involved in the production,printing and distribution is at minimum $10. Good luck finding anybody with the kind of money to participate in an auction where the cost goes way beyond the winning bid. How do you plan on getting interested parties to bid? And just where is the money being sent? Cashier's check or wire transfer = scammer. "We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.* No definition of personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable, sounds to me like you could share email addresses. I want to know specifically what may be provided to those other parties.

The website mentions that the flame and/or virus symbols would be added to the tees of those participating in the Noise Movement. I suggest you either getting a graphic artist to create the symbols, stealing images off the internet and using them without permission is copyright infringement. Great, you changed the flame, might want to change the virus that you stole from here. As for the added About Me page, anybody can claim to be anybody online. How do I know that pic is real? If the website is making people suspicious, that's because it most likely is suspicious. Spammers and scammers post on Fatwallet's Free Stuff forum at least once a week, I should know, because I report at least that many to the mods. Then we have the shills who insist that such-and-such is legitimate. The same people use Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.

The bidders who fall for this scam, are never going to see the t-shirts being made, the ones requesting, will never get one. Meantime the scammer is laughing all the way to the bank after collecting the money from the winning bidders and selling the information of those who sign-ed up in good faith. Do you really think all of us are that gullible or dumb? What happened back in 2006 with the free Sowders Apparel tee posted on blogspot, that uses the same domain name? A lot of us have been on the internet since the 1990's, we've been around the block more than you know. We've seen it all, we often know a scam or spam when we see it, and we are usually right. There's a reason why you and the OP are getting the red votes.

*Quotes in italics are from the website Terms and Conditions and Privacy policies.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014