• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/CTRL-ALT-DEL-Plan-complete-ebook/dp/B00FO8ADAU

In this book we cover, the simplest alternatives:

Using an antenna: HDTV free Over The Air.(OTA)
Using media devices to stream content: Streaming via Roku and similar devices.
Stream from your computer: Hooking your computer to the TV.

And the more complicated (still easy with this plan) Home Theater PC options:
Making your current desktop do double duty: Can you make your current computer act as an HTPC?
Re-purposing an old computer: Simple steps to change that old computer into an HTPC.
Building an HTPC: It seems intimidating, but it isn't hard to build one from scratch.

You can cut cable in the next seven days, even if you decide you want to go all out and build a Home Theater PC (HTPC). Previously, this option was usually reserved for IT pros and tech geeks. With this book and free software available on the internet, the process becomes simple for anyone.

Member Summary

book
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
"Free Kindle" refers to free Kindle book only.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great, Thanks!!!

let me try it. I have Roku but I figure I will put my Roku into more use via this book. Thanks.

Have been considering this since January, but never really felt comfortable doing it. Maybe after reading this book I'll have a better idea as what to expect. Thanks!

This thread would not be complete without references to your right to install a OTA TV antenna, in practically any place you live.

Communication act of 1996

We cut the cord 3.5yrs ago, and while we dont get 24/7 cartoons for the kiddos, we do get ~60 channels off a 15' high antenna mounted out back. Free. No cost. Zero.

thanks, .. for those who don't know, apps for PC or other tablets also free.... you get Everything, but a piece of paper...

Seeing 7.99 so guess this is dead?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014