Lifetime Cash Back:

Free Kindle & Audiobook - Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol"

First page
1 of 2
remick
12/11/13 8:57 AM
http://www.amazon.com/A-Christmas-Carol-Charles-Dickens-ebook/dp/B0084BMUFA/ 

Buy for free - you will get a page saying:

Now that you own the Kindle book, you can add the professional narration for $0.00 to switch between reading and listening without losing your place.
WikiPost
12/11/13 8:57 AM
Amazon.com Review
In the history of English literature, Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol, which has been continuously in print since it was first published in the winter of 1843, stands out as the quintessential Christmas story. What makes this charming edition of Dickens's immortal tale so special is the collection of 80 vivid illustrations by Everett Shinn (1876-1953). Shinn, a well-known artist in his time, was a popular illustrator of newspapers and magazines whose work displayed a remarkable affinity for the stories of Charles Dickens, evoking the bustling street life of the mid-1800s. Printed on heavy, cream-colored paper stock, the edges of the pages have been left rough, simulating the way in which the story might have appeared in Dickens's own time. Though countless editions of this classic have been published over the years, this one stands out as particularly beautiful, nostalgic, and evocative of the spirit of Christmas.
book [ image/jpeg - 15.01kB ]
wifimoocher
12/11/13 9:53 AM
Kindle ebook is free, the audiobook requires Audible.com trial sign up. free for 30 days then 14.95/mo.
yadayadayadayada
12/11/13 10:03 AM
wifimoocher said:   

Kindle ebook is free, the audiobook requires Audible.com trial sign up. free for 30 days then 14.95/mo.

Seems you don't need to sign up.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B9Y3ES/ref=kics_hp_dp_narra...

Once you buy the kindle book the price of narration becomes 0. Then you click on "Buy at Audible.com" instead of "Start your free trial at Audible.com" on the right.

Then it asks for your Amazon login/password to complete the purchase, but there's no mention of trial membership.

jaws3
12/11/13 10:22 AM
Thanks Remick!
NantucketSunrise
12/11/13 4:14 PM
In case anyone is interested, on that page (where you can add the narration for A Christmas Carol), just below, where it says, "Recommended for You Based on 'A Christmas Carol'", if you click through with the right arrow, they have a number of classic books that are only 1 penny to download.
tinkakat
12/11/13 7:39 PM
op you are killing me with free books. thanks
Squonk
12/12/13 12:41 AM
yadayadayadayada said:   

wifimoocher said:   

Seems you don't need to sign up.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B9Y3ES/ref=kics_hp_dp_narra... 

Once you buy the kindle book the price of narration becomes 0. Then you click on "Buy at Audible.com" instead of "Start your free trial at Audible.com" on the right.

Then it asks for your Amazon login/password to complete the purchase, but there's no mention of trial membership.

Did that. Can't find the audible book on my computer...
yadayadayadayada
12/12/13 3:11 PM
Squonk said:   

yadayadayadayada said:   

wifimoocher said:   

Don't know if you can do that directly but I did download the audio book to my Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire HD.

Squonk
12/14/13 12:53 AM
yadayadayadayada said:   

Squonk said:   

yadayadayadayada said:   

wifimoocher said:   

Don't know if you can do that directly but I did download the audio book to my Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire HD.

Don't have a Kindle, just Kindle for PC. Can't find the audio book anywhere on my PC through I've looked and searched everywhere and the page said it was downloaded...
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.