Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

shop your way
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Hi,

I am trying to link myFitness Pal. Anyone know how to figure out the xID and password?

GiggleGreen (Jan. 23, 2014 @ 12:31a) |

Shame that the points expire so damn quickly.

doctorofcredit (Jan. 28, 2014 @ 1:43a) |

$39 as of this morning.  And, while the points do expire quickly, I happen to have a Kmart about a mile from my house, a... (more)

labboypro (Jan. 30, 2014 @ 11:38a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great find...finally my fitbit is paying off

So how do the apps synch to this site . . . ?

have to have twitter account.
Devices

Apps

• Moves
  • MapMyRun
  • MyFitnessPal
  • RunKeeper
  • CarePass by Aetna

There are actually a lot more points then $5 for 14 miles. For example, 2500 for just completing registration.

https://www.fitstudio.com/points_rewards

Ah, I see now, go to "My Profile" once signed up and link from there. I'm gonna set the app to track and then drive 300 miles to visit my folks!

burkotron5k said:   So how do the apps synch to this site . . . ?
  After you create the account you go to settings, then click link devices, and it then takes you to Fitbit's page where they ask if you want to give permission to Kmart/Sears to access all your Fitbit data.

I was justabout to return my FitBit, but it might end up paying for itself. Maybe I can get a marathon runner to wear it on their runs

Can I just hop in my car and drive 14 miles to Mcdonalds....seems like a lot less wear and tear on my old body. ; )

Interesting. I run 3 miles every day anyway. What's the cheapest device you could buy that would meet the requirements?

Phrogpilot said:   Can I just hop in my car and drive 14 miles to Mcdonalds....seems like a lot less wear and tear on my old body. ; )
  Up until the McD's part, sure

pitflyer said:   Interesting. I run 3 miles every day anyway. What's the cheapest device you could buy that would meet the requirements?

Using one of the apps for your smartphone ( if you have one).  I already use runkeeper, so should be easy enough for me.

if you have iphone, just download Runkeeper...it will link to this offer.  I think it is free.  It may be available for Android too...not sure.

pthor1231 said:   
Phrogpilot said:   Can I just hop in my car and drive 14 miles to Mcdonalds....seems like a lot less wear and tear on my old body. ; )

not true, you can eat only McDonalds and become healthy. It's more a matter of what & how much you eat. This guy lost 37 lbs.

Phrogpilot said:   if you have iphone, just download Runkeeper...it will link to this offer.  I think it is free.  It may be available for Android too...not sure.
  Yup...available for Android too. Been using it for a year tracking my cycling (it has some multi-sport capabilities).

I sync between FitBit and MyFitnessPal. Would points double?

MeIsCheap said:   
pthor1231 said:   

not true, you can eat only McDonalds and become healthy. It's more a matter of what & how much you eat. This guy lost 37 lbs.

Problem is people say that to themselves, then when they go there at the last second they switch their order from a salad to a hamburger and fries.  OR if they keep the resolve to order the salad then they put a bunch of calorie-laden salad dressing on it (ranch being some of the unhealthiest of salad dressings, and yet some people drench their salads in it and then think 'I'm eating healthy!' not realizing 2oz alone of ranch are 200 calories.)  

Have you ever seen somebody order a salad and put a whole packet of ranch on it which at least with McDonald's ranch packets has more salt than a LARGE order of fries do?

Points seem to expire very quickly. The registration ones will expire in 7 days, which pretty much forces you to spend them quickly and pay out of pocket. Don't know if there will be such early expiration on the "14 miles ran" points, but if it is, seems to be a way to trick people for sales.

Thank you!

jhuangomatic said:   Points seem to expire very quickly. The registration ones will expire in 7 days, which pretty much forces you to spend them quickly and pay out of pocket. Don't know if there will be such early expiration on the "14 miles ran" points, but if it is, seems to be a way to trick people for sales.
  Hey, it's free.  It's not a "trick".  You either use them or you don't.  But you're getting (or staying) in shape in the meantime.  Pretty ingenious promotion, I think and good for you.  

This is great.  I think this may motivate me to get back into shape.  Getting some free toilet paper along the way.  Haha..

any offer to sit on the couch and watch TV?

genesat said:   
MeIsCheap said:   
pthor1231 said:   

Problem is people say that to themselves, then when they go there at the last second they switch their order from a salad to a hamburger and fries.  OR if they keep the resolve to order the salad then they put a bunch of calorie-laden salad dressing on it (ranch being some of the unhealthiest of salad dressings, and yet some people drench their salads in it and then think 'I'm eating healthy!' not realizing 2oz alone of ranch are 200 calories.)  

Have you ever seen somebody order a salad and put a whole packet of ranch on it which at least with McDonald's ranch packets has more salt than a LARGE order of fries do?

You missed the point. Eating "healthy" doesn't mean you can't eat 200 calorie salad dressing. Eating "healthy" isn't defined serving to serving, it's day by day:  an aggregation of meals. The point of that article is that you *can* eat a hamburger and fries and be very healthy. Just pay attention to your "daily nutritional limitations (eg, 2,000 calories) and stay close to the recommended dietary allowances for nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fat calories, cholesterol." But I think we're both in agreement that many people are not keeping to that. You just can't judge someone for eating one high calorie meal.

MeIsCheap said:   
pthor1231 said:   

"lost 37 pounds" does not necessarily correlate to "become healthy".

swandown said:   "lost 37 pounds" does not necessarily correlate to "become healthy".

This is a true statement.

However, combining it with his cholesterol dropping from 249 to 170, and his low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) dropping from 173 to 113 starts to look an awful lot like healthy to me...

Besides, MeIsCheap's point isn't that losing 37 lbs is healthy. His point was "you can eat only McDonalds and become healthy". Not because of the restaurant, but because of your choices and lifestyle. Indeed, the professor chose McDonalds to amplify his point because of the many high calorie/fat/ foods traditionally available there. That's what makes the lesson so poignant.

MISTERCHEAP said:   any offer to sit on the couch and watch TV?

Yes, it's called 'welfare'  

Time to put my fitbit on my dog and turn him loose in the back yard!  Chaching!

Not to brag but I got rid of 230 pounds a few years ago.  It was a lot of work and expense, but divorce is totally worth it.  

Also have to factor in cost of gas, unless you're driving a hybrid/electric, in which case you'd factor in the cost of electricity as well. 14 miles seems like a long way to the nearest McDs too. Don't they usually have one on every corner? Oh wait no, nevermind, that's Starbucks...

Too bad this isn't with the Garmin Forerunner, which is what the majority of serious runners use. I typically run 30+ miles per week, but no way I'm going to buy a fitbit piece of junk just to get some free points.

MISTERCHEAP said:   any offer to sit on the couch and watch TV?
Here you go, though the rewards are getting less useful
  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/viggle/id487066871?mt=8 

Will only work if you drive 4 mph for 14 miles while shaking your wrist up and down (to register steps). Lol.

kmsandrbs said:   There are actually a lot more points then $5 for 14 miles. For example, 2500 for just completing registration.

https://www.fitstudio.com/points_rewards

Based on this it seems like the OP's title is VERY misleading.  Op, where did you see $5 for every 14 miles?

Based on the points system you need to complete a challenge which gives you $5 (5000 points).  You have to sign up for these challenges on their website, and they last 2 weeks.  Just going 1 miles gives you 1cent.  With a max of 10cents(10miles) per day.

So it seems like every 2 weeks you can run 14 miles and get a $5 reward that expires in 2 weeks.  Pass on this for me unless someone can explain better.  If I could save them up for a few months I'd be all over it.

$5 in Shop Your Way Rewards points for every 14 miles you walk or run
Disclaimer
coolry said:   

Based on this it seems like the OP's title is VERY misleading.  Op, where did you see $5 for every 14 miles?

$5 in Shop Your Way Rewards points for every 14 miles you walk or run

coolbreeze said:   
  Will only work if you drive 4 mph for 14 miles while shaking your wrist up and down (to register steps). Lol.

Two birds, one stone? http://www.amazon.com/Massager-Mini-Vibrating-Built--Rechargeable/dp/B0080CAW0I/ It promises to be discreet.
"But honey, I need it so I can exercise and make money!"

Anyone catch the Pawn Stars episode where the fat dude tries to win an internal contest between the rest of the fat dudes by putting the counter on a dog that won't fetch, so he takes it to the paint store and  has the paint shaker bang away at it.  A fatwalleter might do it to get $5 off his paint, if it was any good that is.

Shake it baby!

how long after you complete a task do points get applied to your account?

genesat said:   
MeIsCheap said:   
pthor1231 said:   

losing weight might be healthy in that respect but skinny people get clogged arteries too.

thanks,great!

cyfan said:   Time to put my fitbit on my dog and turn him loose in the back yard!  Chaching!
  My dog sleeps 22 hours a day. If I tried what you're suggesting, I would end up owing a lot of money.

Skipping 26 Messages...
labboypro said:   Since signing up for this program, I have received AND SPENT $26.  Talk about easy money.  Thanks again, OP.

$39 as of this morning.  And, while the points do expire quickly, I happen to have a Kmart about a mile from my house, and we pass by and/or are already there practically every day anyway... so, walk in, pick up something I would otherwise have to buy anyway (like a gallon of milk, or coffee filters, or whatever), and voila... free stuff.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014