PARTICIPATION LIMITED TO SMOKERS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF Columbia (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN AND VIRGINIA)
VOID IN MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, VIRGINIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Marlboro Country Uncovered Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are smokers, 21 years of age or older (except for residents of Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia). Void in Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia and where prohibited by law. Employees of Philip Morris USA Inc. ("Presenter"), its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of each are not eligible. Noncompliance with any of the above eligibility requirements will result in disqualification.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM ET (start of day) on 1/13/14 and continues through 11:59:59 PM ET on 3/9/14 (the "Promotion Period"). There are eight (8) weekly entry periods (each a "Weekly Entry Period"). Weekly Entry Period from 12:00:00 AM ET (start of day) on through 11:59:59 PM ET on 1 1/13/14 1/19/14 2 1/20/14 1/26/14 3 1/27/14 2/2/14 4 2/3/14 2/9/14 5 2/10/14 2/16/14 6 2/17/14 2/23/14 7 2/24/14 3/2/14 8 3/3/14 3/9/14
3. HERE'S HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must be a registered user at www.marlboro.com (the "Website"). If you are not a registered user, go to www.marlboro.com and follow the instructions to register. By registering you agree to be added to the Marlboro mailing list.
Once you have registered, log on to www.marlboro.com and click on the tile for the Marlboro Country Uncovered Sweepstakes. During each Weekly Entry Period, one clue will be posted for each of the four featured Website content sections (Red, Gold, Green and Black). You will have the opportunity to search throughout the Website to uncover the content that corresponds to each clue. When you uncover the correct content, you will be instructed to click the button to receive one entry into the random drawing for the prize corresponding to that section of the Website. Limit one entry per section per Weekly Entry Period, for a maximum of four entries per Weekly Entry Period. See Rule 5 for details on available prizes for each Weekly Entry Period.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each Website section during each Weekly Entry Period, to award the prizes indicated in Rule 5. The odds of winning a prize will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. Entries will not be rolled over into subsequent random drawings. Limit two prizes per person. (Winners of a Grand Prize will not be eligible to win any subsequent Grand Prizes in this promotion.)
All drawings will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. Drawings will be conducted within 48 hours of the end of each Weekly Entry Period.
5. AVAILABLE PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): Weekly Entry Period 1 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 200 Lodge® Dutch Oven and Tripod $128.90 Gold 375 Coleman® Xtreme® 5 Marine Cooler $69.99 Green 200 BAGGO® Bean Bag Toss Gift Certificate $119.95 Black 1 Grand Prize – Indian®Chief® Classic Motorcycle and a $2,000 check $20,999.00 Weekly Entry Period 2 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 1 Grand Prize – 2014 Ford F-150 King Ranch Supercrew and a $5,000 check $49,915.00 Gold 250 Blue Lounge® Messenger Bag $129.99 Green 300 Smith Phenom Snow Goggles $110.00 Black 160 Vivitar® Retro Digital Camera $188.00 Weekly Entry Period 3 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 150 Wenzel® Pine Ridge Dome Tent $109.99 Gold 275 Dakota Watch Angler II Clip Watch $79.95 Green 1 Grand Prize – Wallace and Hinz Custom Bar Gift Certificate $20,000.00 Black 75 Duluth Pack Scoutmaster Pack $190.00 Weekly Entry Period 4 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 50 Sony® Cyber-shot Digital Camera $349.99 Gold 1 Grand Prize - Hot Air Balloon Trip Gift Certificate and a $5,000 check $25,000.00 Green 100 ECOXGEAR Waterproof Speaker $129.99 Black 160 Sony® Walkman® MP3 Earbuds $99.99 Weekly Entry Period 5 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 1 Grand Prize – Harley–Davidson® Street Glide® Motorcycle and a $2,000 check $24,494.00 Gold 400 Kelty® Compression Stuff Sack Set $59.85 Green 70 Szanto 1000 Series Watch $225.00 Black 130 Capital Sunglasses $180.00 Weekly Entry Period 6 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 125 Stetson® Corral Hat Gift Certificate $200.00 Gold 400 Coleman® Oversize Quad Chair and Cooler $59.98 Green 50 Blue Microphones Yeti Pro Wireless $249.99 Black 1 Grand Prize – 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe and a $5,000 check $43,935.00 Weekly Entry Period 7 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 100 KettlePizza and 18.5" Charcoal Grill $238.95 Gold 450 $100 Cash Card $100.00 Green 1 Grand Prize – 2014 Ford Explorer Limited and a $5,000 check $47,540.00 Black 65 Aerofix Cycle Fixie Bike $325.00 Weekly Entry Period 8 Section Quantity Prize Description ARV each Red 125 Vivitar® HD Action Camera $152.00 Gold 1 Grand Prize – Sun Tracker® Pontoon Boat and a $2,000 check $20,473.97 Green 50 Sound Stack Boom Freaq Speaker $350.00 Black 200 WESC® Cymbal Headphones $119.99
No transfer or substitution of prize by winner permitted. Presenter will not be responsible for any portion of a prize which may not be available due to any event beyond Presenter's control. Presenter reserves the right to provide a cash alternative or to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Winner acknowledges that Presenter has not made nor is in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize offered in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Warranties regarding prizes (if any) are subject to the manufacturer's terms, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty. Gift Card and Gift Certificate prizes are not redeemable for cash and are subject to all terms and conditions of issuer. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Winners are responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein.
Winners of vehicles must personally take delivery of the vehicle within thirty (30) days of written notification of availability from a dealer selected by Presenter and must provide adequate personal identification and evidence of legally required insurance. Winners of vehicles will be responsible for any applicable licensing, insurance, title and registration fees and for all costs associated with any available upgrade/option packages and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner.
The total approximate retail value of all 4,468 prizes available to be won is $798,281.87.
6. VERIFICATION: Grand Prize winners and winners of multiple prizes with an aggregate value of $600 or more will be required to (i) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release, and (ii) submit sufficient proof of age in the form of a legible photocopy of a valid, government-issued photo ID (e.g., a driver's license) bearing a complete name, address, date of birth and signature ("Prize Documents"). Completed Prize Documents must be returned within 7 days (including Saturday, Sunday and holidays) of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Grand Prize winners and winners of multiple prizes with an aggregate value of $600 or more will be required to provide their Social Security number as a condition of prize award and will be issued an IRS form 1099 representing the total value of all prizes won as stated in these Official Rules. Any false statement on the Prize Documents or other documents in connection with this Sweepstakes will result in automatic disqualification. Any prize and/or notification returned to Presenter as undeliverable may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
7. GENERAL RULES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submitted information, registrations and entries are subject to verification. Prize will not be awarded if entry is associated with any login ID deemed void for any reason, including without limitation, if entry is not verified or recognized as being valid. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received to award a prize, prize will be awarded in a random drawing from all entries received during the Promotion Period for the section associated with said prize. Weekly prizes (except for vehicle prizes) will be shipped to winners at the mailing address on record with the Presenter. Allow eight weeks for weekly prize delivery, following the notification process. Any prize and/or notification returned to Presenter as undeliverable may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize. Philip Morris USA Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns will have no liability for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize. By accepting prize, winners agree to release and hold Philip Morris USA Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims, liability, loss, injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, which may arise by acceptance or redemption of any prize awarded herein. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name and/or likeness for commercial purposes without further notice and compensation, unless prohibited by law. Presenter, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies will have no responsibility for promotional materials that may be illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, duplicated or tampered with in any way, or for printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors or for any error in the notification or announcement of prizes. In the event more winners are notified than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules, all entrants who were so notified will be included in a random drawing to award the stated number of prizes. In no event will Presenter be obligated to award more prizes than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PRESENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Presenter will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated mail, misdirected email, or for any technical problems, faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data/phone transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with this Sweepstakes. Presenter is not responsible for malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems, unavailable service connections, lost, incomplete or faulty network connectivity of any kind, failures of any service providers, or any combination thereof, which may limit a person's ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Presenter. Presenter assumes no responsibility for undeliverable email messages resulting from filtration of a user's Internet service or wireless phone carrier network. Presenter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes as determined by Presenter and/or the independent judging organization, in their sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is so cancelled or modified, Presenter reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to such action (assuming a sufficient number of entries are received) in a random drawing, and Presenter shall have no further obligation to any participant in connection with this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions. Presenter and/or independent judging organization reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Presenter in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Presented by Philip Morris USA Inc., 6601 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230. Harley-Davidson Motor Company is not endorsing, sponsoring or otherwise affiliated with this promotion. « MARLBORO COUNTRY UNCOVERED
nopaybob said: Did the free flashlight smoke their server? they are down for "ROUTINE MAINTENANCE"
ive been getting this message for a long time now ... turns out ( after calling them several times ) you are better off using Chrome. i argued endlessly about it but ended up installing it because i just had to have the bandana with my brand on it. ( to match all my other branded items ) i do not like it but you will have better luck. personally i prefer firefox and do not feel i should have to use a certain browser which i may or may not consider insecure but apparently they could care less what their customers think about that. before that i was getting past this error message by hitting the back button in ff BUT that did NOT work with the bandana promo. good luck you'll prolly need it ive never seen the marlboro site this laggy.
zip1212 said: RedB said: Im glad you don't actually have to buy their nasty crap, to get the free crap. Thank you! no you just have to be a liar, in which case there could be repercussions. just sayin' lol You really think it is bad to lie to a tobacco company?
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.