• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://camel.tobaccopleasure.com/ 

login or register and click the “click, change, create” box in the middle.

some site problems at the moment - try later in the day

Ads by Google
Member Summary

camel (46.46kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
mine showed up really quickly...

mrdjman (Jun. 21, 2014 @ 8:39a) |

Actually, I got one of these too, and there are no Camel logos on it. Just FYI. It's gotten to where the tobacco compani... (more)

AtlanticVamp (Jun. 21, 2014 @ 9:13a) |

The site sez "ALL GONE"!!

farkleberry (Jul. 07, 2014 @ 6:37p) |

rated:
site down ill try later thanks

rated:
Got through, thanks!

rated:
Thanks remick

rated:
can make some cool designs
thanks a lot

rated:
Works. Thanks!

rated:
site down, they are updating

rated:
thank you. I got through when I typed the address. I kept getting an error when I clicked on the link.

rated:
pretty awesome. last time the sizes ran small as i believe it was 100% cotton. so i went XL hope its enough and a gray shirt ( not white as before ) ! ty

rated:
Thanks Remick never would of seen the offer

rated:
How do u get it to stay on the shirt when u drag it there??

rated:
Thanks for the heads up! YOu can make a really cool shirt if you take the time.

rated:
Will refer this to someone who might like it. Thanks for sharing the link.

rated:
Ty remick, fun to design your own tee.  plus won $50.00 playing the game there!

rated:
last four digits of my social.. nah... any good number that I can use to show I am over 21?

Update: just did a google search.. 1120 seems to do the trick
Update2: Nah.. nevermind.. at the end of registration, it still demands you to send in a photo copy of your social security card. Screw that

rated:

rated:
thinkmac said:   last four digits of my social.. nah... any good number that I can use to show I am over 21?

Update: just did a google search.. 1120 seems to do the trick
Update2: Nah.. nevermind.. at the end of registration, it still demands you to send in a photo copy of your social security card. Screw that

this is standard practice for tobacco companies and has been since the late 90's. they automatically approve you most times IF you use real info... IF not then you have to send a photocopy ( so they are still giving you a chance if for some reason there is an issue with your real info. ) i understand your situation but they are strict because of the legal age for tobacco use and your participation is optional. it took me close to 2 years to finally get onto camels site not because i used fake info but because of problems they had at the time with registration. i had to call them several times and finally my account was straightened out. i had no such problems with any other tobacco site. ( marlboro, copenhagen, skoal, black+mild, newport, grizzly, general snus, LM etc.. ) for me it was worth it even with camel because i really like the fact you only have to do it once and you are good to go for the rest of your life. *cough*

rated:
roboium66198 said:   I got eight of these for myself 2 years ago from them, before they required the four digits from your SS#. I just used the address/birthdays of my friends, then just changed the "ship to" address to mine.  I also sent one to 4 different people.  I was a busy little bee that time.

in addition to the legal aspects mentioned above i am glad they do it for the simple fact it stops people like you from abusing the system. in that way they can afford to keep doing it for normal people like me who appreciate they do it at all. 1 per user.

rated:
zip1212 said:   
roboium66198 said:   I got eight of these for myself 2 years ago from them, before they required the four digits from your SS#. I just used the address/birthdays of my friends, then just changed the "ship to" address to mine.  I also sent one to 4 different people.  I was a busy little bee that time.

in addition to the legal aspects mentioned above i am glad they do it for the simple fact it stops people like you from abusing the system. in that way they can afford to keep doing it for normal people like me who appreciate they do it at all. 1 per user.

But it also stops people like me that just wants one per user but does not want to give up all my personal information to corporate America just for one stinking t-shirt.  Seriously, why do they need to know my address, my phone number, my email address, and my social security number for a t-shirt.  Isn't it enough that wearing the shirt gives them free advertising?  Appears that there is not shortage of greed on the part of cigarette companies, and that selling additive cancer causing products that would never be allowed today if they were not grandfathered in isn't enough for them anymore.  Shesh!

ps.  if your application is rejected the sight says "Call us at 1-800-334-8157 and we’ll try to help you finish the process. Or scan a copy of your Driver’s License/State ID and include the last 4 digits of your Social Security number and send it to us at RJRSIGNUP@RJRT.COM."  Love that they suggest sending a image of your driver license and social security number via unsecure public email.  You can tell who's best interest they are concerned about, and it is not you!

rated:
zip1212 said:   
...because of the legal age for tobacco use...

But this is not about tabaco use, it is about t-shirt use.

rated:
fatgempler said:   
zip1212 said:   

But it also stops people like me that just wants one per user but does not want to give up all my personal information to corporate America just for one stinking t-shirt.  Seriously, why do they need to know my address, my phone number, my email address, and my social security number for a t-shirt.  Isn't it enough that wearing the shirt gives them free advertising?  Appears that there is not shortage of greed on the part of cigarette companies, and that selling additive cancer causing products that would never be allowed today if they were not grandfathered in isn't enough for them anymore.  Shesh!

ps.  if your application is rejected the sight says "Call us at 1-800-334-8157 and we’ll try to help you finish the process. Or scan a copy of your Driver’s License/State ID and include the last 4 digits of your Social Security number and send it to us at RJRSIGNUP@RJRT.COM."  Love that they suggest sending a image of your driver license and social security number via unsecure public email.  You can tell who's best interest they are concerned about, and it is not you!

no, it confirms you are of legal age to use tobacco in your state. they need to know your address so they can send you free gifts such as this t-shirt. your phone # / email so they can contact you. finally the last 4 digits of your social security # to verify you are who you say you are and are of legal age to use tobacco products. the shirt or any gift for that matter does NOT include advertising or even the name of the co. ( doesnt matter which tobacco company it is. ) its been that way since the late 90's...  you can save the rest of the hoopla for someone else this forum is about freebies as simple as that nothing more nothing less. as i stated before your participation is optional.

ps - i am not the enemy i am just explaining how it works and why.

rated:
Can't get past choices of cigarettes screen! 

rated:
fatgempler said:   
zip1212 said:   

Seriously, did you just really write all that. If they don't have your address, how do they mail your t-shirt, which by the way you didn't have a problem giving them when ordering 8 of these! Your email address, like all other companies email you other offers and contest info, The SS# they asked for was the last 4 numbers, what to they have a robo detector to find out the other 5 numbers, and your phone number, well get creative. 

Maybe next you'll want to go to the bank, not show ID or have an account and have them just give you a bag of money!

rated:

rated:
Check your spam folder for a confirmation email from webpromo1@rpiprint.com

Thanks Remick

rated:
I get to the design site, and click "start customizing" and get a blank screen except for the words "access not allowed."

rated:
zip1212 said:   
fatgempler said:   
zip1212 said:   

no, it confirms you are of legal age to use tobacco in your state. they need to know your address so they can send you free gifts such as this t-shirt. your phone # / email so they can contact you. finally the last 4 digits of your social security # to verify you are who you say you are and are of legal age to use tobacco products. the shirt or any gift for that matter does NOT include advertising or even the name of the co. ( doesnt matter which tobacco company it is. ) its been that way since the late 90's...  you can save the rest of the hoopla for someone else this forum is about freebies as simple as that nothing more nothing less. as i stated before your participation is optional.

ps - i am not the enemy i am just explaining how it works and why.

I take no offense by your explanation, but I think you are missing the point. 
First of all, last I checked you did not have to be 18 to wear a t-shirt and this promotional item is a t-shirt not a pack of cigs.
Also, something is not free when you are being asked to reveal your personal information, specifically your social security number in this case.  You will be tracked and marketed for all kinds of things as a result.  It could well even impact your health, life, or homeowner insurance as smokers are usually die younger* and have fires in the home that result in death**.  I don't wish that anything like your insurance rates go up for any of you that filled out your tax id on this form but would not be surprised if it did. 
I think the OP should re-title this thread "T-Shirt from Camel in exchange for Social Security Number, Phone Number, Email address, and Survey"

* http://www.bmj.com/content/328/7455/1519
** http://www.usfa.fema.gov/statistics/reports/smoking.shtm

rated:
upsfeeder88 said:   
Seriously, did you just really write all that. If they don't have your address, how do they mail your t-shirt, which by the way you didn't have a problem giving them when ordering 8 of these! Your email address, like all other companies email you other offers and contest info, The SS# they asked for was the last 4 numbers, what to they have a robo detector to find out the other 5 numbers, and your phone number, well get creative. 

Maybe next you'll want to go to the bank, not show ID or have an account and have them just give you a bag of money!

Did you really ask if I wrote that?  And did you even bother to read it before asking.  You are confusing me with someone else.  I never received any of these shirts.  Tried to order one without my giving away my social security number and was told that I have to scan a copy of my Driver’s License/State ID and include the last 4 digits of your Social Security number and email it over unsecure public email to RJRSIGNUP@RJRT.COM...  clearly they could not give a hoot about you giving away your personal information., but then again it appears that most people in this thread don't feel it matters to them either.

rated:
I'd walk a mile for a camel

rated:
sit down and relax

rated:
I can't believe I am getting involved, but here I go...

The short answer is, you do not need to give your SSN for a free t-shirt. You DO need to validate your age, generally by the last 4 of your SSN, because this is a promotional item through a TOBACCO company, therefor you DO need to be 18 or older. Not for a t-shirt, but to receive an item through a tobacco company. Ever since the huge law suits in the 90s, if you've noticed, none of the free items have the tobacco company names, logos, etc. Furthermore, part of the outcome of the lawsuits is also that tobacco companies CANNOT in any way, shape, or form, advertise to minors. That's why their sites are especially strict about age. The tobacco companies are not going to risk another huge suit because you don't want to verify your age for a free t-shirt.

If you don't want to give out your information, you're probably on the wrong site. Tobacco companies are legally required to verify your age, and with as many promotions and giveaways they do, you better believe they are going to be extra stringent.

rated:
I'm in.

Thanks!

rated:
i just fill out the registration.

rated:
Kewl. I love cigarette companies. Thanks OP!!!!!!

rated:
thanks

rated:
In case anyone can't find the offer, it is under Crush Experience.

rated:
Got my shirt today and its nice. Only complaint is that it printed out WAY darker then the image I submitted. I put a CRT TV with the old school dials on it but it just looks a black box on the shirt. Great freebie though thanks again TS!

rated:
Just don't waer it to pick up the kids at school as someone here said it is illegal to advertise tobacco products to minors.

rated:
Zip1212 said:
as stated twice before, there is and has been no advertisements on ANY gift from ANY tobacco company since the settlement in the late 1990's. you would know that ( even if you hadnt before ) when you designed your own t-shirt.. o yeah thats right you dont want to do it right to get a tshirt. do you even bother to read the comments made directly to your own comments ????

Not sure what you are talking about, but you don't have to send private messages, just post to the forum, that is why it is here.

Skipping 18 Messages...
rated:
The site sez "ALL GONE"!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014