• filter:
  • 1153154155156 157
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
rocketwally said:   I am (relatively) new to this thread and would like to get a code.

Per the FAQ, I believe this will register me as a member of this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Here you go.

promo code = CHAMPION 

rated:
THANK U MULOX! Because of u we got to watch MAX. WOW what a great movie. I work guys who have their police dogs & it hit me pretty hard this movie. They really are like your family & they trust one another 100%. Another move they shows us these men & women & dogs sacrifice their lives for our freedom.

rated:
rocketwally, thanks for following the process to formally "register" with this thread!

Just a few quick reminders to everyone, new and existing folks...

You are "registered" with this thread/group if you read the entire FAQ and followed the instructions on how to officially register.

You are NOT registered if you failed to read/follow the FAQ and register, AND have done any of the following:

1. Posted/shared any kind of code here in the thread
2. Donated a code via PM to me
3. Sent me your email address

Again, it is required to read the FAQ first and follow that process.  I can't do anything until you do that first.... thanks!

Currently we have 257 registered members.  Of those, 67 folks have sent me their email address to be included in the new online code system.  
Note that it will be much harder/slower to register your email address after the new system goes live, so I strongly encourage everyone to send me your emails now.
Once the new system is online, I will no longer accept donations or requests for codes via PM... 

rated:
Mulox said:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
********************************        REMINDER  IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS THREAD PLEASE READ ME FIRST!         ***************************************
If you wish to get a free movie rental and it's your FIRST time requesting a code, DO NOT send a Private Message (PM) to Mulox.  You are required to "register" first... please read the FAQ (link below) on page 1 for instructions on how to do that (it's very simple, but we can't tell you here because then you would not read the FAQ).  AFTER you have registered, all FUTURE requests are sent to mulox via PM.
DIRECT LINK TO THE FAQ - PLEASE CLICK HERE             ****************************************************************

NOTE FOR DONORS:  If you have one of the following codes to donate:  Free rental, Game rental, ROGO (rent one get one free), or $1 off, please send it via PM to Mulox
If you have anything else, such as 75 cents off or less, please post openly in the thread here.

NOTE to all registered members:  Believe it or not, I still get newcomers sending me a PM first.  Jeff started the idea of posting this reminder at the top of each page so it is always visible to newcomers.  Since users can modify how many posts are visible per page, my middle might be your bottom.  I think most folks don't mess with the default view, let alone even knew that you could change it.  At any rate, if we repost this entire message every 12th post or so, I think it will remain visible enough to newcomers.  Again, any FW member can copy/paste this entire message at any time... or even easier, just quote it.  Thanks for doing your part to help out!

rated:
cmascio said:   THANK U MULOX! Because of u we got to watch MAX. WOW what a great movie. I work guys who have their police dogs & it hit me pretty hard this movie. They really are like your family & they trust one another 100%. Another move they shows us these men & women & dogs sacrifice their lives for our freedom.
  Brought me to tears! Was indeed a great movie!

rated:
I'm new to the thread and would like to get a code.

rated:
dwit said:   I'm new to the thread and would like to get a code.
~~promo code = CHAMPION

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
rocketwally said:   I am (relatively) new to this thread and would like to get a code.

Per the FAQ, I believe this will register me as a member of this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Here you go.

promo code = CHAMPION

Thanks for that.  My main goal was to get registered in this thread.

rated:
rocketwally and dwit, you are both registered now, thanks

rated:
For some reason I am no longer able to use multi-use codes on my main account (I get "code invalid").
This also happened on the last 2 multi-codes over the last 30 days or so... anyone else seeing this issue?
Of course it works fine on all of my other accounts.
What is really odd is that I get both an email from Redbox and the in-app message with the multi-code on that main account...
Tempted to call CS to see what is up, this is getting very annoying

rated:
Mulox said:   For some reason I am no longer able to use multi-use codes on my main account (I get "code invalid").
This also happened on the last 2 multi-codes over the last 30 days or so... anyone else seeing this issue?
What is really odd is that I get both an email from Redbox and the in-app message with the multi-code on that main account...

Hmm...  I wonder if you are setting off suspicious activity flags when you check the contributed coupons.  

rated:
Apparently the mods have decided that ALL free redbox coupons should go here than their own threads. I think that is a bad decision. The multi-use coupons also deserve their own threads (as well as being listed here). In those threads, we can redirect people here, but those threads shouldn't be locked.

rated:
riznick said:   
Mulox said:   For some reason I am no longer able to use multi-use codes on my main account (I get "code invalid").

Hmm...  I wonder if you are setting off suspicious activity flags when you check the contributed coupons.  

Exactly... maybe I will create a new account only for testing codes (no rentals).  If that one gets "frozen" eventually, we will have our answer.

But I suspect that might only be part of the root cause.  Something else is contributing to this blocked/frozen status, such as too many free rentals and/or too many uses of codes that originated from other accounts.

rated:
riznick said:   Apparently the mods have decided that ALL free redbox coupons should go here than their own threads. I think that is a bad decision. The multi-use coupons also deserve their own threads (as well as being listed here). In those threads, we can redirect people here, but those threads shouldn't be locked.

This has always been a highly controversial and hotly debated issue for FW... and not just with Redbox codes, but I am talking about all topics across all threads (ex. Official Target thread, Official Office Depot thread, etc.)
I am on the fence and I do see pros/cons to both sides of it, but I have come to realize you will never appease to everyone due to how sensitive each camp is in defending their reasoning/advantages

The pros to posting in multiple places is that it creates visibility to folks that simply are not aware of the "official" thread (even though a search would probably get there)
The pros to locking threads and keeping things consolidated is that it keeps things tidy for FW and less messy/confusing for users trying to browse for stuff... and it keeps the repost police happy

Maybe by allowing the thread to stand (vs. just deleting it completely) and then locking it, that is sufficient visibility?  I think that creates a bit of balance to hopefully can make both sides content.  I am sure there are other advantages for each side that I am missing...

rated:
Mulox said:   
riznick said:   Apparently the mods have decided that ALL free redbox coupons should go here than their own threads. I think that is a bad decision. The multi-use coupons also deserve their own threads (as well as being listed here). In those threads, we can redirect people here, but those threads shouldn't be locked.

This has always been a highly controversial and hotly debated issue for FW... and not just with Redbox codes, but I am talking about all topics across all threads (ex. Official Target thread, Official Office Depot thread, etc.)
I am on the fence and I do see pros/cons to both sides of it, but I have come to realize you will never appease to everyone due to how sensitive each camp is in defending their reasoning/advantages

The pros to posting in multiple places is that it creates visibility to folks that simply are not aware of the "official" thread (even though a search would probably get there)
The pros to locking threads and keeping things consolidated is that it keeps things tidy for FW and less messy/confusing for users trying to browse for stuff... and it keeps the repost police happy

Maybe by allowing the thread to stand (vs. just deleting it completely) and then locking it, that is sufficient visibility?  I think that creates a bit of balance to hopefully can make both sides content.  I am sure there are other advantages for each side that I am missing...

That happen to one of my accounts, then after a few tries, not only I was not only unable to use the code, but they required me to change my password and then my CC.  A few days later same thing happen to my other account.

rated:
Mulox said:   

The best choice to make all camps happy is not to lock the threads of any posted deals that are hot and not duplicates (being in a master thread isn't a duplicate).  They should let them live or die on their own. This has been a pet peeve for years with FW, and I get really upset when it happens.  The mods used to be open minded about it, but now it seems they are moving forward with a poisonous policy.  

Locking the thread removes it's visibility.  The same thread on another deals site had like 5 pages of results.  Here, there were 0 pages of results because it was locked.  Guess which site I find way more deals at? (it starts with an S).

Why shouldn't they lock the threads?
1. The deals become hidden when locked and bumped off the page.
2. The person making the effort to post the deal gets frustrated and upset and less motivated to post more deals.
3. Master Threads require the users to open a thread with 283493749327403 posts, and go to the last page and look for a deal that may or may not exist.  But not only that, they probably need to go back a few pages and look at each post also for the deal that might not have been discussed on the last page.
4. Many of us just look at thread titles to see if there's a hot deal or not.  If a deal is hot, it deserves it's own thread with the deal in the title.

Now if this thread was titled "REDBOX Free Codes" and had codes 24/7 (which it kinda is), then it might make sense to force all codes here.  I enjoy the system that we have and am completely happy having to register, but we should also keep in mind that some people are not so willing to register.  It wouldn't be 24/7 free codes for them, but rather only the multiuse codes for them.

rated:
GuyFromNJ said:   Jeff53404 said:   
SUB said:   Tired from the big game yesterday? Recover with a FREE movie! Reserve any DVD via the app or redbox.com w/code CHAMPION Exp 2/8@11:59p.
  That is a multi-use code good for 5 movies per card - handle in separate transactions.

The message from the Red Box App says expires 2/9/2016 - I am not sure if its just a TYPO -
   This would be great if 2/9 - good for new releases Tuesday.

another rest day for Mulox.

CHAMPION isn't working today - so it was a Redbox typo.

rated:
windup said:   
GuyFromNJ said:   
Jeff53404 said:   
SUB said:   Tired from the big game yesterday? Recover with a FREE movie! Reserve any DVD via the app or redbox.com w/code CHAMPION Exp 2/8@11:59p.
  That is a multi-use code good for 5 movies per card - handle in separate transactions.

The message from the Red Box App says expires 2/9/2016 - I am not sure if its just a TYPO -
   This would be great if 2/9 - good for new releases Tuesday.

another rest day for Mulox.

CHAMPION isn't working today - so it was a Redbox typo.

Redbox sent out an update notice yesterday on their app about the date mistake.

rated:
Text PUSH to 727272 for a free DVD code good till month end

rated:
riznick said: The best choice to make all camps happy is not to lock the threads of any posted deals that are hot
Agreed, but there are many gray areas... I don't think its' that black/white.  Ultimately (IMO) there are other ways to solve this problem that involve redesigning/coding the site in a completely different way than it works now, that would actually enhance the user experience, keep things more organized (to make FW management happy) and still allow related posts to live (to make users happy).
riznick said: being in a master thread isn't a duplicate
That is your opinion... FW does not agree obviously
riznick said: The mods used to be open minded about it, but now it seems they are moving forward with a poisonous policy
I don't think it's the mods... it would be a FW decision/policy pushed down to the mods.
riznick said: Locking the thread removes it's visibility
I don't think it removes it, because in almost all cases for me I can still see locked threads when browsing.  I am sure after 24 hours or so it's bumped, but by then who cares... in most cases (at least for codes) they would have expired by then.  I do agree it's not ideal and certainly a downgrade, since people can't comment on it.
riznick said: Master Threads require the users to open a thread with 283493749327403 posts, and go to the last page and look for a deal that may or may not exist. Many of us just look at thread titles to see if there's a hot deal or not.
This is so true, especially in our thread, where many do not bother reading just 3-4 posts back for simple instructions.  Again, I think a redesign is in order, and would solve all of these issues and meet FW requirements as well.

rated:

Redbox temporarily locks the account for codes with this error after a few unsuccessful tries. the lock resets itself after 24 hrs usually.

rated:
Did the PUSH text today and besides getting a free code, I had to rejoin the text club. That was strange.
Anyone else?
While am taking up valuable space (where some are getting an alert for a new msg here....sorry!), just have to ask Mulox about the pm sent with my preferred email addy.  Can I stop dbl-checking my inbox and spam for a confirmation?

thanks

rated:
maholic said:   Text PUSH to 727272 for a free DVD code good till month end
  Thanks maholic - No problems using it iowahawkeye.

rated:
I recently saw The Heist. Not a great movie, but it beat my expectations. Also just watched Straight Outta Compton-- better than I thought as well!

Also, PUSH worked for me.

rated:
@maholic - that actually happened to me several times on back to back days, so unfortunately no reset after 24 hours.

@iowahawkeye - no emails have been sent yet. It will be a couple more weeks before the new system goes online. I will send a test email out to everyone just prior to that... and I will certainly announce here I the thread as a heads up.

@everyone else. Will fill all code requests in about 2 hours when I get home, thanks for your patience!

rated:
@mulox, I sent you a PM with a small redbox code. Just checking to make sure you got it, I am still learning how to use this site.

rated:
All requests are filled and donations received and up to date.
NOTE: We are currently working off a 2/23 expire date for this batch, BUT we will likely have donations trickle in that expire before then (I will let everyone know here in the thread, as always).

Sadly, I still only have 27% of our registered members email addresses.
Just a reminder that you will no longer be able to donate/request codes via PM once the new system goes online, so if I don't have your email, you will not be able to participate.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1153154155156 157
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016