rated:
palafox said:   arpa said:   
It works as free for me.

Expires today, 12/26
Online or Kiosk
Multiple reuse up to 5 times per CC
Free DVD or discounted Blu-ray**

Code LL97NH6M

Can someone confirm or deny this is still working today 12/27?

Did not work for me today (27th)

rated:
Text HAPPY to 727272.
Redbox will text you a code tomorrow for a free 1-day game rental.

rated:
initially said campaign ended already then about 2 hours later I received the code!

rated:
INTERESTING SHARE INDEED, HELPFUL

rated:
Free game rental code expires tonight at 11:59pCT

ZJTRKH5X

rated:

rated:
fixfox69 said:   FREE Redbox DVD Rental (Or $1.20 Off ANY Game or Blu-Ray Rental) – Valid at Kiosk or Online N7NMQ72V
  Did not work online. Msg: Code already used.

rated:
Hey!

Thought I'd share a free graze box voucher with you, I used it myself the other day and my graze box came within 3 days! And all for nothing.
The voucher entitles new members to a free box when they register, and then if they choose to carry on receiving boxes you get the 5th and 10th box free. You can cancel after receiving your first box if you like so you dont have buy the next one.

Code: M L H C Q K Z Z B (WITHOUT THE SPACES)

Enjoy

rated:
I have a ROGO (Rent One Get One free) code that is valid for the next 2 hours... first one to PM me gets it

rated:
Mulox said:   I have a ROGO (Rent One Get One free) code that is valid for the next 2 hours... first one to PM me gets it
  Expired...

rated:
Awesome, All people all rocking there
I am glad that i have selected the community of genius.

rated:
Is it me or did Redbox stopped sending free codes? If I am not wrong, I haven't received a free code from redbox in the last 4-5 months and in the past they would send at least a code for month and sometimes 2 per month. What changed?

rated:
They announced a couple of months ago they would be cutting back on promos, and they have kept that promise.

I do get codes emailed to me about once a month, but they are either $1 off or ROGO... no more free.

rated:
Mulox said:   They announced a couple of months ago they would be cutting back on promos, and they have kept that promise.

I do get codes emailed to me about once a month, but they are either $1 off or ROGO... no more free.

Thanks Mulox. Looks like you are a more loyal customer that you still get ROGO's. 

rated:
Well I still get ROGO only after a 3 or 4 DVD rental (one time).  But as mentioned not like weekly as before.

rated:
I've received 5 codes this month across 3 email addresses - each on a Friday and good thru that Sunday.  Since I joined Redbox, I've only ever paid for one rental, and that was because my son tried to use two codes in one transaction...so I don't know what they're using as logic for sending codes out...

rated:
which Free code are still good?

rated:
None... and probably won't be any for awhile except for those emailed or sent to you via SMS. Redbox has drastically changed their promotions by cutting way back.

On another note, I noticed something new at the kiosk today. I rented a blu-ray and during checkout when I clicked on "pay now" I got a pop-up that asked if I wanted to take advantage of a promo for $1 off if I add another movie to my order, so of course I tapped Yes. HOWEVER, the selection of movies available for the promotion are either 2 weeks old or 2nd rate... I clearly recall seeing a lot more popular ones before, so it's not quite as valuable as I thought. I really struggled to even find something worthwhile. I tried this on another kiosk and this time I got a 50-cent off promo, but same deal... very limited selection.

rated:
shame that this is over

rated:
pure speculation....

rated:
Not sure what you mean by that comment exactly, but it is no secret that Redbox is currently struggling financially and tightening it's belt...

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303560204579...

There was another link online about them cutting promotions as well, have to dig and find it.

rated:
I also read a different story maybe 4-6 weeks ago telling that their financial folks  blamed excessive promotions for a dip in quarterly earnings and would be reducing them going forward.
I wondered how they could give me so many free movies and stay in business.

rated:
Let's face it kiosks dispensing DVDs are going extinct. The future is streaming. I'm not happy about it... but "It's the future". Remember Blockbuster? Redboxes are next. At my local kiosks the lines are shorter and shorter, not sure if it's promo related LOL.

I linked the article about cutbacks a few months ago. Since then there have been only a handful of freebies, and I rarely get ROGOs.

It's been a fun ride.

rated:
Agree the promo codes have diminished toward zero. It's time to compare the cost of a Redbox kiosk DVD rental versus the Netflix monthly subscription versus the Late Blockbuster. Redbox wins!

rated:
palafox said:   Let's face it kiosks dispensing DVDs are going extinct. The future is streaming. I'm not happy about it... but "It's the future". Remember Blockbuster? Redboxes are next. At my local kiosks the lines are shorter and shorter, not sure if it's promo related LOL.

I linked the article about cutbacks a few months ago. Since then there have been only a handful of freebies, and I rarely get ROGOs.

It's been a fun ride.

The demise of DVD rentals in favor of streaming will lead to huge profits for the studios and ISPs as they charge for each Gigabyte of data.

rated:
I am getting emails from Redbox for gmail and Yahoomail  My gmail account for 2 weeks had a free rental code which I used Dec20&28.  My Yahoo accound however didn't have a code.
the last textmsg was a ROGO during our last Artic plunge, so not worth it to return them in the cold.  You probably can still get 4 free rentals a month to stream movies though, if you take advantage of the free month trial.

rated:
"Let's face it kiosks dispensing DVDs are going extinct. The future is streaming. I'm not happy about it..."

Until companies like Time Worst Crapable ^H er Warner Cable are forced by the FCC to stop providing 300kbps throughput on their 3Mbps basic plans, I don't see streaming making much headway in anything other than the boutique market of people that still have well paying jobs and can afford the higher throughput service plans.  Combine that with large chunks of the country that are lucky to even get DSL still and I think there will be a market for Redbox for quite a while even without free codes.  The market share will adjust to accommodate new capabilities, but I doubt it will go to 0%.

justacog

rated:
Stolat said:   
palafox said:   Let's face it kiosks dispensing DVDs are going extinct. The future is streaming. I'm not happy about it... but "It's the future". Remember Blockbuster? Redboxes are next. At my local kiosks the lines are shorter and shorter, not sure if it's promo related LOL.

It's been a fun ride.

The demise of DVD rentals in favor of streaming will lead to huge profits for the studios and ISPs as they charge for each Gigabyte of data.

You already do.  You just don't know it yet because the flat rate you pay to your ISP monthly is so much higher than the cost it cost them per gb of data to send to you haha! 

rated:
Agree that the disc will eventually die, but I disagree on the timing because I agree with what justacog said. Too many folks are still on dial-up and even no internet at all, so how are you going to stream to those? You have to think about the masses here, not just us folks. I think we have another 10 years or so before the disc dies.

As for the other comment on paying for bandwidth, that is in reference to 2 things.

1. The recent ruling on net neutrality (google it if you don't know) and
2. Some of the ISPs started adding surcharges on bandwidth usage if you exceed a certain GB. This is ON TOP of your monthly bill!

Case in point, Comcast just sent me a letter (I pay $60/month for basic internet) that if I exceed 200GB per month, they will start charging me $1/GB for anything over that.

rated:
Fun Facts

In Sweden, 100mps cost $20. I pay $46 for 3mps ATT DSL, we (USA) invented the internet LOL. Why the price craziness? we can thank the government getting in bed with phone, cable providers, unions? There is ZERO competition in my neighborhood. Between TWC and ATT mafia they charge whatever $$$ they wish and make up fees as they go.

There are cities with 'free' wifi, granted nothing is free in life and the cost is priced in trash pickup or property tax but point is internet should be cheap, it is a basic necessity.

I was checking out PCs at Bestbuy and sounded like an old fogey (I'm 27 LOL) when I asked about a Sony All-In-One and where was the disc drive?... the clerk say there isn't one and why would I need one LOL. The point was everything is streamed... movies / software, it's all on the cloud. No disc and no wires, oh well.

rated:
All depends on the reaction of free code users. If you start paying then they see the benefit. Once quarter end comes around you'll see the outcome, either more codes - for sales, or no change for increased profit. Companies do pay bonuses for sales goals.

rated:
Mulox said:   Agree that the disc will eventually die, but I disagree on the timing because I agree with what justacog said. Too many folks are still on dial-up and even no internet at all, so how are you going to stream to those? You have to think about the masses here, not just us folks. I think we have another 10 years or so before the disc dies.

As for the other comment on paying for bandwidth, that is in reference to 2 things.

1. The recent ruling on net neutrality (google it if you don't know) and
2. Some of the ISPs started adding surcharges on bandwidth usage if you exceed a certain GB. This is ON TOP of your monthly bill!

Case in point, Comcast just sent me a letter (I pay $60/month for basic internet) that if I exceed 200GB per month, they will start charging me $1/GB for anything over that.

recall them saying something similar about newspapers...yes a % of folks will move to digital but there is still a % that prefers print.......redbox is already offering a subscription streaming service.....stay tuned try not to jump on the speculation bandwagon....no one knows

rated:
Thanks to REMICK:

"enter code: KLLL4545 to get a free rental today only." Today being January 30, 2014.

Did five free rentals on one credit card via online reservation system.

rated:
Stolat said:   Thanks to REMICK:

"enter code: KLLL4545 to get a free rental today only." Today being January 30, 2014.

Worked for me four times on same credit card. 

rated:
Guys I know I'll get red flagged for saying this but I think we should play fair and use the freebie code once or twice.

The recent lack of freebies could be because they are over used. For every extra movie we get for free it takes away from Redbox sales.

rated:
Stolat said:   Thanks to REMICK:

This code worked online, but when I tried it at the box, it was not accepted.

rated:
no dice... "only valid at certain locations"! Well that was helpful.

rated:
Not accepted

rated:
Just worked for me online, thanks! I was able to reserve 5 movies on 1 card.

EDIT:  I used 3 at Wal-Mart, 1 at a CVS, and 1 at Valero gas station, so I doubt it was limited to a particular location.  Looks like the only requirement was that you had to reserve online.

rated:
code: RK7X94VZ

rent 1 get 1 free (exp 02/02/14)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 136 37 38394060
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014