• filter:
  • 15 6 78971
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I used the code for my bf credit card and mine, the code work at the time we enter it in, one movie/one code/each credit card but later Redbox charge to my account for all the movie I rent and my bf as well. Does any one have the same problem? Should I call Redbox to talk about the charge?

rated:
Definately, you should call red box and find out what happen. Let us know.

rated:
ablang said: Pardon me for asking but doesn't everyone's public library have free video rentals?

Yep, all those great hits from my childhood... 1950's and 60's!

rated:
We find all kinds of current titles in our library system...guess it kind of depends on where you are.

rated:
voyagerbob said: I went to Redbox today and they are now saying that they are holding $10/transaction on a credit card. When did they start this? This was at McDonald's Redbox.

I just rented yesterday and it said $1. Very odd.

rated:
rjw08271 said: voyagerbob said: I went to Redbox today and they are now saying that they are holding $10/transaction on a credit card. When did they start this? This was at McDonald's Redbox.

This may have been covered but I just rented online for the first time. Once you put in your CC, no go for promo cards. So I'm out a buck! Of course, if I had read about it, promo codes only can be used at the kiosk. No problem, the online rental just guarantees your selection will be there.

rated:
Current Monday Free Rental Code
6/30/2008 - W1H6J4

Enjoy!

rated:
jeffc said: rjw08271 said: voyagerbob said: I went to Redbox today and they are now saying that they are holding $10/transaction on a credit card. When did they start this? This was at McDonald's Redbox.

This may have been covered but I just rented online for the first time. Once you put in your CC, no go for promo cards. So I'm out a buck! Of course, if I had read about it, promo codes only can be used at the kiosk. No problem, the online rental just guarantees your selection will be there.

Guess you never read Redbox FAQ:

Can promotion codes for free rentals be used when renting online?
Because Online rentals are a premium service allowing redbox customers to secure their DVDs before picking them up, redbox is only accepting promotion codes for in-person redbox rentals at any redbox location

Codes only work when you are renting at the box itself from what's available at the time.

Even so, you still need to swipe your CC. It will show ZERO dollars prior to you getting the movie, however if you do return it later than 24 hours (you actually have until 9pm the following day), you will be charged a dollar for the 2nd day.

rated:
Noticed that DVDXPRESS (or whatever they are called) are also 'Red Boxes'. They look almost alike...

rated:
discusbabe said: I'm im a city with a huge network of libraries- new movies can be reserved online as soon as the movie is ordered (about 4 weeks before release) I got I am legend on the release date from the library (I was #5 in a waiting list of 200+). That said- I still use redbox all the time. The codes give me a free new release just about every week, and there is no waiting for the title to become available if the library wait list is long.

There are 3 WM's within 5 miles of my house and 1 old library. I'll stick with Redbox as long as they have these free coupon codes.

rated:
Saw this code on InsideRedBox, EGIZER5...

But is that Today (Wed)'s code, if not, what's Today's code?

rated:
JediFreeStuff said: Saw this code on InsideRedBox, EGIZER5...

But is that Today (Wed)'s code, if not, what's Today's code?

Wednesday's codes were only for the month of May.

SpeedDragon

rated:
anyone get the July 4th code?

rated:
I guess None for 7-4?

rated:
FW72JG

Expires tonight (Mon, Jul 7) at midnight.

rated:
Just a word of caution. Sometimes you put in the promo code but instead of taking it, it returns you to the check-out screen with the total still showing as $1.00. Always check the total before you accept it.

rated:
You can enter the promo code before you pick a movie. It will tell you right away if the code is good or not.

SpeedDragon

rated:
SpeedDragon said: You can enter the promo code before you pick a movie. It will tell you right away if the code is good or not.

SpeedDragon

But it won't tell you if it will work with your CC (may have used it already)

rated:
Bmr4life said: SpeedDragon said: You can enter the promo code before you pick a movie. It will tell you right away if the code is good or not.

SpeedDragon

But it won't tell you if it will work with your CC (may have used it already)

After you swipe your card it will.

rated:
So what's the deal these days the ONLY day we can surely expect a code is Monday, and random surprises?

rated:
JediFreeStuff said: So what's the deal these days the ONLY day we can surely expect a code is Monday, and random surprises?

Yup. Thats how it always was except for May's special Wednesdays.

rated:
Please, rent Blu-Ray soon!

rated:
83CB4K

Expires tonight (Mon, Jul 14) at midnight.

rated:
I know i know...RTFM, but i have a couple of quick questions.

1) Does Redbox send much spam via e-mail and/or text message?

2) Are codes sent by text message different from those sent by email? To elaborate, could I get double the codes if I sign up for email AND SMS?

First post. I've been reading FW for about 5 years now...hard to believe, huh?

rated:

1. By e-mail, it's usually a weekly newsletter highlighting their new releases. By SMS/text message, I've only been hit with the weekly promo codes.

2. I have yet to receive a code by e-mail so I don't think it's possible to double-dip that way. Others may have a different experience.

rated:
MOVIEFREAK said: 83CB4K

Expires tonight (Mon, Jul 14) at midnight.

Thanks

Argh, I am starting to LOATH RedBox's Ridiculously Early 9PM Return times... it would been A LOT BETTER if it's 10PM!!!

9PM is Killing me!!!

rated:
Ah, just to be clear, you can check out the dvd anytime Monday after the code is known, and you then have until 9 PM Tuesday to return it..........if 24+ hours isn't enough time, learn to burn!

rated:
chuq said:

1. By e-mail, it's usually a weekly newsletter highlighting their new releases. By SMS/text message, I've only been hit with the weekly promo codes.

2. I have yet to receive a code by e-mail so I don't think it's possible to double-dip that way. Others may have a different experience.

My accounts that don't rent often get coupons randomly. Not a lot though.

Text is every Monday. I rented 8 movies yesterday.

rated:
Rambler said: Ah, just to be clear, you can check out the dvd anytime Monday after the code is known, and you then have until 9 PM Tuesday to return it..........if 24+ hours isn't enough time, learn to burn!

You are talking about a work day.

Work - 8 Hours a day X 2 = 16 Hours of Work for your two days
Sleep - 8 Hours

16+8=24 Dammit, why can't the code come out on a Friday, Saturday, instead? Or, delay the return time by a couple of hours?

It's Very easily 24 hours just 2 days of work + Sleep, man.

There is really NOT enough time, unless you are a kid that has NO jobs or sacrifices sleep.

I tell you, with this 9pm return time, it has Really cost me some sleep already. I really HATED that!

It must be Intentional, They knew a lot of people wouldn't have enough time, and would be late so they can make $ off it!!!

rated:
JediFreeStuff said: Rambler said: Ah, just to be clear, you can check out the dvd anytime Monday after the code is known, and you then have until 9 PM Tuesday to return it..........if 24+ hours isn't enough time, learn to burn!

You are talking about a work day.

Work - 8 Hours a day X 2 = 16 Hours of Work for your two days
Sleep - 8 Hours

16+8=24 Dammit, why can't the code come out on a Friday, Saturday, instead? Or, delay the return time by a couple of hours?

It's Very easily 24 hours just 2 days of work + Sleep, man.

There is really NOT enough time, unless you are a kid that has NO jobs or sacrifices sleep.

I tell you, with this 9pm return time, it has Really cost me some sleep already. I really HATED that!

It must be Intentional, They knew a lot of people wouldn't have enough time, and would be late so they can make $ off it!!!

lol, you're cracking me up man.

Seriously, learn to rip the movie and watch it later. You can delete it after you watch it.

rated:
THX0708........Don't know when its going to expire

rated:
It's still good. Thanks.

rated:
MOVIEFREAK said: It's still good. Thanks.

in florida also.

rated:
NY too this afternoon.

rated:
Still good in New Jersey

rated:
TW87WR

Use it now - it expires tonight (Mon, July 21) at midnight.

rated:
MOVIEFREAK said: TW87WR

Use it now - it expires tonight (Mon, July 21) at midnight.

Thanks, Darling.

rated:
Does anyone else think there should be more kiosks around?

There's always a line formed even when you just want to turn a movie in.

Forget about browsing for movies.

rated:
thx

rated:
ablang said: Does anyone else think there should be more kiosks around?

There's always a line formed even when you just want to turn a movie in.

Forget about browsing for movies.

There should be a separate slot on the side for just returning movies.

While we're at it, how about moving the kiosk *away* from the doors? It is gridlock with a redbox line running across the entrance and exit.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 15 6 78971
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014