• filter:
  • 1 234550
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
if you sign up for the newsletter you get a free rental.

http://www.redbox.com/Help/Signup.aspx

i got an email that says.

Now to the good stuff. To redeem your one night's free rental, please enter the following promo code at any redbox.

BREAKROOM

I haven't tried the code yet but it might work without signing up for the newsletter.

To check for REDBOX locations:

http://www.redbox.com/Locations/KioskSearch.aspx

It's only a buck a night anyways.. so this might not be a hot deal.

Just found it interesting

Moderator Comment: Check out the Official Master Thread of "Official Store Threads" here. — Mar. 3, 2010 @ 1:03pm
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Redbox Coupons (29.59kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Used both. Thanks

Stolat (Jul. 11, 2014 @ 10:33a) |

greetings, professor falken; how about a nice game of rogo?

ktkndzv9; offer valid through 7.13.14 until the p.m. salutes ... (more)

jeffwastaken (Jul. 11, 2014 @ 12:37p) |

Used, thank you very much!!!

Mulox (Jul. 11, 2014 @ 12:53p) |

Find the nearest Redbox.

***** FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS *****

Q: Can I use a general purpose code (public/shared) more than once?
A: Yes, however they are limited to ONE USE, PER CREDIT CARD. We have seen some exceptions that allow multiple uses on the same card (up to 5 movies) and those will typically be noted by the user posting the code

Q: Can I use XXXXXX code for Blu-ray movies?
A: ALL movie codes work on Blu-ray movies. The only difference is that some codes (rarely) give you the entire purchase free, whereas other codes (mostly) discount the rental price of a DVD, leaving you to pay the difference for the Blu-ray, which is around 30 cents, depending on your state tax.

Q: Can I use a pre-paid card (ex. Visa/MC/Amex/Rebate/Gift card)?
A: No. As of 3/1/2013, Redbox no longer accepts these cards, even if they are registered with your Name and zip (prior to this date, this used to work). I spoke with customer service and they said the only pre-paid cards that will work are ones backed by an actual bank (ex. Chase, Bank of America, etc.) which is NOT common unfortunately.

Q: I am completely new to Redbox, where can I go to learn more?
A: REDBOX, Explained . . . 

Q: Where else can I go to get free codes?
A: Redbox Freebie Tab on Facebook and Here. Also, various food manufacturers have had promotions in the past where they included free codes inside the packaging, such as Orville Popcorn and Dr. Pepper.

CURRENT REDBOX CODES
We will be doing our best to keep these threads current and up-to-date, but please feel free to edit the quick summary with coupon codes not listed by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message. Also please let us know if you are aware of a coupon that is no longer valid.

TESTED AND VERIFIED WORKING AS OF 6/16/2014 - USE ONLINE OR AT THE KIOSK:

56PPNM33 (expires 6/16)
ERTP9888 (expires 6/16)

MIXED RESULTS/YMMV... MAY NOT WORK FOR SOME, MIGHT BE RESTRICTED BY LOCATION, OR MIGHT BE EXPIRED...

DVDONME (new customers only) last worked 11/19/13
REDBOX (new customers only, and only at certain locations) last worked 11/12

CONFIRMED EXPIRED OR NO LONGER WORKING------------------

9MXW4LPC Expired
NW2PCLP3 Expired 11/29/13
6GXN5GN7 Expired 11/19/13
9MXW2LPC Expired 11/19/13
GHBH4433 Expired 11/12/13
DVDNIGHT
LTYN674T Expired 10/28/13
MCPC413S Expired 10/24/13
MCPC213S Expired
BREAKROOM (verified NOT working as of 7/1/2013)
DVDONUS (verified NOT working as of 2/5/2013)
BREAKDOWN Walgreen's ONLY (verified NOT working as of 2/5/2013)
DVDATWAG Walgreen's ONLY (verified NOT working as of 2/5/2013)
DVDATWAL Walgreen's ONLY (verified NOT working as of 2/5/2013)
PROWL
DVDATMAC only at McDonalds
DVDATWEG only at Wegman's
DRIVEIN only at Sonic locations
DVDATSONI only at Sonic locations

If you know a code to work or not, please let us know so we can update the list.... Thanks!
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
these codes are one time use per credit card .. once you use one free code with one credit card, you cant reuse it again with the same card

rated:
i hate to be the one asking but how are these codes used?

rated:
you go the redbox, select your movie, add to cart, rent with promo code, type in your code, and follow instructions. you will know if the code works after you swipe your credit card.

rated:
Thanks OP - green for you!

rated:
Link for Redbox locations

edit: don't the guidelines say this should post in the Free Stuff forum?

rated:
kringan said: these codes are one time use per credit card .. once you use one free code with one credit card, you cant reuse it again with the same card

But who really just has one credit card. Not us FW'ers
Thanks OP

rated:
BREAKROOM code worked in CA today 8/6. Thanks OP! Redbox is just $1 but have to return by 7 pm next day!

rated:
kringan said: these codes are one time use per credit card .. once you use one free code with one credit card, you cant reuse it again with the same card

In my case, I used 2 different cards on same day and they later billed me for the second one used..... so be careful....

I did the same thing the next day and again, charged for the other one.... hence I got 4 rentals for $2 (not bad).

rated:

rated:
So do I need to register an account before using the machine? Do I need one account per cc?

rated:
Also, if you go online to their website and enter your cell phone #, they will text message you a code for a free rental every Monday!
SMS Alert

rated:
largeeyes said: So do I need to register an account before using the machine? Do I need one account per cc?

Can anyone help with these pretty basic questions?

Edit: Lots of people on redbox forum talking about using the codes and getting charged anyways....

rated:
largeeyes said: So do I need to register an account before using the machine? Do I need one account per cc?

1)Go to machine
2)Pick movie
3)Swipe card
4)Take movie
5)Watch movie
6)Return movie

At some point during the rental process, it asks for an email address. They will send your rental receipts here. There's really no "account", other than a credit/debit card and the email address associated with it.

rated:
Sanjoelo said: largeeyes said: So do I need to register an account before using the machine? Do I need one account per cc?

1)Go to machine
2)Pick movie
3)Swipe card
4)Take movie
5)Watch movie
6)Return movie

At some point during the rental process, it asks for an email address. They will send your rental receipts here. There's really no "account", other than a credit/debit card and the email address associated with it.

Cool, thanks.

rated:
New Free Rental Code sent to me via email today: DVD123

rated:

Okay, but can you use a different code with the same credit card?

Ex. I already used one of the codes that was emailed to me by Redbox. Can I use another code that they sent me earlier (or one that I find on the insideredbox site) with my same CC or should I use a different CC and email address to be safe??

rated:
Can't find the rent with promo code link on Surf It movie?
What am I doing wrong?

rated:
tania90 said: Can't find the rent with promo code link on Surf It movie?
What am I doing wrong?
You can't use a promo code online. The promo codes can only be entered at the redbox kiosk.

rated:
Borg20001 said: Okay, but can you use a different code with the same credit card?

Ex. I already used one of the codes that was emailed to me by Redbox. Can I use another code that they sent me earlier (or one that I find on the insideredbox site) with my same CC or should I use a different CC and email address to be safe??
It depends on the code. Some codes are for first time customers only. Other codes work for existing customers. If you are an existing customer and enter a first time customer code, the redbox should tell you that the code is invalid or only for first time customers; however, there have been reports of cases where the code has been accepted and then the card was charged anyway.

rated:
I went to Redbox today and they are now saying that they are holding $10/transaction on a credit card. When did they start this? This was at McDonald's Redbox.

rated:
Another code - FREE2. Valid until 10/29

rated:
Another free code: HOLIDAY
Expires: 1/8/8

rated:
HOLIDAY worked for m. Thanks for sharin!
We saw Oceans Thirteen for $0.

rated:
TeamAllen said: HOLIDAY worked for m. Thanks for sharin!
We saw Oceans Thirteen for $0.

HOLIDAY also worked for me today.

rated:
HOLIDAY worked just fine two nights ago! Thanks for the code. Here's today's code (it's for Mondays ONLY):

K22GB7

Enjoy!!!

rated:
HOLIDAY expires 01/08/08 (at least this time around.)

rated:
signup at www.redbox.com with your cell number and they will text you a code every monday.

rated:
pctecguy said: signup at www.redbox.com with your cell number and they will text you a code every monday.
I did that a few weeks back, nothing yet sadly.

rated:
I used code earlier but they charged my credit card. Not worth the time to call

rated:
"breakroom" still works as of yesterday

i receieved emails saying that it will authorize only but 14 days later, it will reverse it for no charge.

rated:
"breakroom" still works as of today 1/12/08

rated:
DVDONME is still working too. I think I used it couple of months ago with a different CC (but I was not sure) and when I used DVDONME with a new CC it worked!!

rated:
soupcxan said: "breakroom" still works as of today 1/12/08BREAKROOM & DVDONME havr been working for the past year

rated:
Got an email from REDBOX:
Ummm, that code redbox sent last week? NEWYEAR? You know the one that, like, didn't work? Well, redbox wants to make it up to you. So if you try NEWYEAR again, it will definitely work. And because redbox feels especially bad, please accept another code good for one night's free rental. How about, oh, OOPS? Seems about right. Both codes are good through 1/14/08. Thanks for your patience. And, again, sorry for any inconvenience.
Planning on trying both codes tomorrow.

rated:
Did Redbox for the first time today. Very pleased, quick, easy and a good selection of newer titles. Thanks for this thread and the codes. Green to op.

rated:
Anybody have today's free monday code?

rated:
Today's code is 33MM6L

Skipping 1957 Messages...
rated:
jeffwastaken said:   greetings, professor falken; how about a nice game of rogo?

ktkndzv9; offer valid through 7.13.14 until the p.m. salutes the a.m.; recap it when you unwrap it.

Used, thank you very much!!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 234550
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014