• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just a heads up...

If you are screening your calls in the evening, which most do, look for this number 813-366-9800. A lady explained she was with Nielsen and wanted to send me a log/diary book to record my TV watching for 2 weeks I think it was or maybe 1 week. I agreed and she got my address and asked a few other questions. Call took about 5 minutes total. She also said I would receive $5 check for doing this. Seems easy enough.
Just wanted to let everyone know.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We were called about 18 months ago. I think it was $4 back then. Not much money but I like doing that kind of thing anyway. It was for a week and they sent cash.

She may have said cash..but for sure $5.

thanks

Well, this sounds a lot better than when I downloaded a monitoring program
and they never gave me a survey...or anything for 3 months.
when I uninstalled.

Thx for heads up.

I did this for them many years ago (I think it was like 6 or so, forgot what year exactly). Back then they didn't say it paid anything, and I honestly didn't mind, I just thought it was cool to be a Nielson family for one week. They actually did pay $1 though, the packet with the TV diary and all arrived with a very crisp dollar bill in it as a thank you. I still have it somewhere.

I guess if they're paying now that they're starting to have trouble getting people to do the TV diaries.

i too received this phone call and now they are offering $30 cash to complete the TV diary. I got the $30 in cash and its easy to complete the guide, plus it helps out advertisers and the programs we love to watch, which may not get the recognition that people love them and do not want them cancelled.

wellperson said: i too received this phone call and now they are offering $30 cash to complete the TV diary. I got the $30 in cash and its easy to complete the guide, plus it helps out advertisers and the programs we love to watch, which may not get the recognition that people love them and do not want them cancelled.

Wow. As I mentioned, the lady told me $5. Maybe they will up it to $30. LOL. Either way, I think it will be interesting.

Thanks for the info.

I did this about 7 years ago, and it was $5 cash. Does anyone know where they get phone numbers? At the time, I had just moved and changed my number, so it wouldn't have been from anything I filled out, and it was unlisted. Never did find out how they got it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014