Meijers offering free antibiotics

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Leading Antibiotics are now FREE at your meijer Pharmacy—No Strings Attached!

"Rising health care costs are having a dramatic impact on families across the country, especially here in the Midwest. Our free antibiotic program is the next step meijer is taking to lead the industry toward improving the health of our customers. It is all about delivering higher standards."

–Mark Murray, meijer president

The program covers leading, oral generic antibiotics with a special focus on the prescriptions most often filled for children. The following are FREE with your doctor’s prescription, regardless of insurance or co-pay:

•Amoxicillin
•Cephalexin
•SMZ-TMP
•Ciprofloxacin
•Ampicillin
•Penicillin VK
•Erythromycin

Prescription must be picked up at store in person. Maximum 14 day supply at normal oral dosages. Does not include extended release formulations. List may be subject to change. Not valid with any other offer.

What the Experts Say...
National health experts say that 40 percent of children who see a physician leave with a prescription. 'When appropriately prescribed, antibiotics are the leading tools to treat sick kids," said Dr. Herman Gray, fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics and president, Children's Hospital of Michigan.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Wow! I normally love meijer anyway, but this makes me even more sad that I don't have one anywhere near me.

They have been offering free antibiotics with a doctor's prescription for years now.

2006 topic on FatWallet.

2007 topic on Fatwallet.

What a wonderful offer!

I live in an area with a lot of meijer stores and had no idea.

Thanks for posting this

Now you're going to have people who want anti-biotics for a runny nose or a few sneezes.

DaForeSkinMan said: Now you're going to have people who want anti-biotics for a runny nose or a few sneezes.

Thank you. Stop and Shop, Shop Rite and others are also part of this public health menace club, pushing free antibiotics so we can all get screwed by antibiotic resistant bacteria they are creating that we are all exposed to. There should be a law against this. What gives them the right to screw all of us. Doctors are also doing the same thing. When the anthrax scare was around I knew someone at work who got a prescription for Cipro, just in case. Whoever prescribed him an antibiotic for no reason should have their license revoked.

Heh...I hate when people call it "Meijers" instead of meijer. Not as bad as when people call Wal-Mart "Wal-Marts" though.

DaForeSkinMan said: Now you're going to have people who want anti-biotics for a runny nose or a few sneezes.

You still need a prescription to get these free drugs, so how this is going to help people abuse antibiotics?? Are doctors suddenly writing more scripts for antibiotics simply because people can get them for free at meijer?

Personally, if or when my doctor prescribes an antibiotic for me, it's nice to know that I can get it without cost. Thank you meijer!

Though antibiotics are often unnecessary, sometimes they are vital. I have my appendix today thanks to antibiotics given to me when I was 11 years old.

kmsilver said: DaForeSkinMan said: Now you're going to have people who want anti-biotics for a runny nose or a few sneezes.

You still need a prescription to get these free drugs, so how this is going to help people abuse antibiotics?? Are doctors suddenly writing more scripts for antibiotics simply because people can get them for free at meijer?

Personally, if or when my doctor prescribes an antibiotic for me, it's nice to know that I can get it without cost. Thank you meijer!

Yes doctors are writing prescriptions for people who don't need them. The coworker I wrote about was given a prescription for anthrax because he asked for one during the anthrax scare was never exposed to anthrax. He bugged his doctor for one and his doctor gave him anything he asked for.

Shayrose said: Though antibiotics are often unnecessary, sometimes they are vital. I have my appendix today thanks to antibiotics given to me when I was 11 years old.

Its important you had them available when you needed them. People (and farm animals are also given antibiotics just because it makes them grow bigger) unnecessarily given antibiotics create antibiotic resistant bacteria, and creating new forms of illnesses where antibiotics no longer work, like antibiotic resistant TB. Hopefully when another 11 years old needs antibiotics in the future for the same reason you did they will work for him If we push antibiotics unnecessarily they may not, and losing his appendix will be the least of his problems. If someone really needs antibiotics, the few dollars co-pay, or, if no insurance is available the few dollars for those stores offering dirt cheap generics now shouldn't be enough of a problem to push some knuckleheads to demand prescriptions for drugs that mutate the bacteria all of us are exposed to.

on a better note meijer offers free Prenatal vitamins!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014