• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
survey

Please post if and when you receive your $5 card by email.

if i get red, please explain why. i really think its a great freebie. my friend received her $5 yesterday

Internet Use for Travel Planning

1. Introduction

2%
Agreement to Participate in a Survey Regarding the Use of Websites for Travel Planning

This research project is being conducted as a component of a dissertation for a doctoral degree. The purpose of the project is to learn what influences the use of websites for travel planning. Participation in the project is completely voluntary and will consist of filling out a survey. You are free to withdraw from participation in the survey at any time without penalty. Survey questions will focus first on your thoughts about yourself and then your thoughts about travel websites. No personal identifying information will be included with the research results. Completion of the survey should take about 15-20 minutes. Approximately 200 people will participate in the study.

The investigator believes there is no risk to participating in this research project. Participating in this research may be of no direct benefit to you. It is believed, however, the results from this project will increase understanding about the use of travel websites for travel planning and be used to make travel websites better. Research data will be confidential to the extent allowed by law. No identifying information will be collected as part of the survey data. Agencies with research oversight, such as the University of Hawai‛i (UH) Committee on Human Studies, have the authority to review research data. All research records will be stored in a locked file in the primary investigator’s office for the duration of the research project. All other research records will be destroyed upon completion of the project.

As compensation for time spent participating in the research project, you will receive US$5 via an electronic gift card to Amazon.com (or another electronic gift card to a store approved by the researcher). At the completion of the survey, you will get instructions on how to obtain the electronic gift card.

If you have any questions regarding this research project, please contact the researcher, Laura Welsh, at (808)375-3599, or by email at welsh@hawaii.edu. You may also request a copy of the survey results.

If you have any questions regarding your rights as a research participant, please contact the UH Committee on Human Studies at (808)956-5007, or uhirb@hawaii.edu

Please print or save a copy of this agreement to participate for your future reference.

YOU SHOULD COMPLETE THIS SURVEY ONLY IF YOU HAVE USED AN AIRLINE RESERVATION WEBSITE AND A CITY-SPECIFIC TOURISM WEBSITE BEFORE. Airline reservation websites allow customers to find flight schedules, view fares, check flight availability, and purchase airline tickets. Airline reservation websites mean the websites of individual airlines, such as United Airlines (www.United.com), and also mean websites such as Travelocity (www.Travelocity.com) which allow you to make airline reservations. City-specific tourism websites provide general information about a destination city (London or Orlando, for example), including information about the city's attractions, hotel accommodations, restaurants and dining, transportation, and maps of the city.

Thank you for helping to improve travel websites!
1. I have read and understand the above information, and agree to participate in this research project.
I have read and understand the above information, and agree to participate in this research project. Yes

No

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Laura.... Two Thumbs Down, Got the same Bs as you duhmel

swanvalleygurl2008 (Jul. 25, 2010 @ 11:54p) |

Folks, if you believe you are owed compensation for completing the survey based on what was outlined in the informed con... (more)

dbcmeplease (Jul. 26, 2010 @ 8:56a) |

This survey is now closed.

Thank you for your interest in my travel website survey.

Should you have any questions, you ma... (more)

ex4090 (Jul. 26, 2010 @ 10:51a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

As compensation for time spent participating in the research project, you will receive US$5 via an electronic gift card to Amazon.com (or another electronic gift card to a store approved by the researcher). At the completion of the survey, you will get instructions on how to obtain the electronic gift card.

<<< To Receive $5.00 Amazon Electronic Gift Card >>>
Step 1) Complete Survey
Step 2) Enter your valid E-mail Address at the end
Step 3) Send an e-mail to: welsh@hawaii.edu with the subject TRAVEL PLANNING-511341 (it must be sent from the same e-mail address entered in step 2)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow that survey was a pain in the butt!

Finished it, thanks OP. Hope I get my $5

192 questions

Thanks OP!

Yeah be prepared to set aside about 20 minutes for this one; but I'm bored at work, so I can't complain!

Thanks OP

never asked for email or snail mail address, hmm..

never asked for email or snail mail address, hmm..

how the hell receive GC? without any address?

dumpav said: how the hell receive GC? without any address?
They send you an email with a Gift Certificate code. At least thats what I got last time.

I hope i get it

Dead...

"This survey is temporarily unavailable."

It asks for your email address at the very end. They will email the Amazon GC. Hopefully.

It's like a doornail, only DEAD'er.

Note that not only you had to enter the email address at the end of the survey, you also had to send an email from this address...

It should take a few days to get this processed unless they did not put limits on the survey to begin with.

This survey is temporarily unavailable

alive again

THIS HAS TO BE A SCAM.

They don't ask for any contact information so there is no way to get you the GC.

I think it is a scam, only ask my eamil at the end.

I was never asked for an email address.

worked for me, thanks OP!

Has anyone been paid for this yet other than the OP? I did this when there were fewer than 200 views, and I haven't received anything yet.

This is not a scam. I just got my gift card yesterday in my inbox.

"Please confirm receipt of your Amazon.com electronic gift card.

Thank you so much for completing my survey! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with my dissertation! "

This was accompanied a second email with the actual gift card code.

damn! i tried advising my friend to take it too, but its too late. This survey is temporarily unavailable.

bugmeplease, when did u finish the survey?

duhmel said: THIS HAS TO BE A SCAM.

They don't ask for any contact information so there is no way to get you the GC.

I sent them an email asking how I would receive the GC - no response.

SCAMM

This is Laura from the University of Hawaii (my travel website survey). I apologize for the delay in getting out all of the gift certificates, but some valid emails were caught up in a flurry of spammers about the survey. It is taking me a long time to validate all the emails and pay everyone who needs to be paid.

If you haven't received your electronic gift certificate yet, please send me an email to welsh@hawaii.edu checking the status of your gift card (use the same email you entered in the survey). If you've posted on this thread, please also provide your fatwallet handle name so I know you're a real person.

Thank you for your understanding.

alohagirl2010 said: please send me an email to welsh@hawaii.edu

I sent you an email.

Sent you an email.

I am sending you an Email.

I sent you an Email.
Edgar Foster

I just sent email w/note about typo in email address & other info.
update: got an email back & gc ~ thanks alohagirl! =]

alohagirl - sent an email...

Mail sent.

Sorry, double post.

Email on the way.

I'm sending an Email hoping to get my gift certificate for doing the survey.

I will send you Email pronto.

sent you a pm with my email address

is it too late now to take the survey or email laura for my compensation? thanks

Anyone else e-mail her and NOT receive their gift cards? I have been e-mailing her for a month and have received no response and no gift card.

Skipping 7 Messages...
This survey is now closed.

Thank you for your interest in my travel website survey.

Should you have any questions, you may contact the researcher at welsh@hawaii.edu.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014