Heads up with expired cvs ecbs/coupons.

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
i had a $3 off coupon from cvs for my bd that expired 4/20. thought today is 4/20 and used it at cvs and it only knocked off $2 instead of $3. mgr. think it is because the coupon expired yesterday so system maybe pro-rating the amount possibly $1 each day it expired. don't know if it is the same with ecbs, but to get your ecbs' & coupons' worth, use it b4 expiration.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

He punched the value in wrong. They have to enter the value when it is expired. He just stole $1 from you!

nope, it was scanned in at $2. had a $5 off $30 expired and used it a few weeks back. it scanned at $5 off. cashier didn't have to punch in.

Does cvs take ecbs and their own coupons if they are expired? This is the first I have heard of this.

monopolymoney said: Does cvs take ecbs and their own coupons if they are expired? This is the first I have heard of this.

some do and some don't.

CVS Extra Care Bucks and $ off $ CVS coupons are usually good for a few days after expiration date at my local CVS. Depends on the cashier but they have cut down on their help recently and only the experienced ones are left and they give the customer the best deals they can. Tough market where these CVS are located. Have competition from both Rite Aid and Wallgreens within a block + WallyWorld & Target & Super Kmart.

raster1944 said: CVS Extra Care Bucks and $ off $ CVS coupons are usually good for a few days after expiration date at my local CVS. Depends on the cashier but they have cut down on their help recently and only the experienced ones are left and they give the customer the best deals they can. Tough market where these CVS are located. Have competition from both Rite Aid and Wallgreens within a block + WallyWorld & Target & Super Kmart.yes, that's usually the case and if they key it in. in my case, the scanner scanned $2 instead of $3. there's a Walgreens just at the opposite corner so they're pretty competitive.

anymoo, it's a heads up. so if you wanna experiment it, then use expired coupons and see.

I've tried using coupons the night they expire at self-checkouts only to have them beep. After something like 6pm on expiration date, they require manager override.

danielle5985 said: I've tried using coupons the night they expire at self-checkouts only to have them beep. After something like 6pm on expiration date, they require manager override.We don't have any self-checkouts at our local CVS! Every CVS in region (Only 4) has a Walgreens less than a block away. Our small city of about 50,000 has 5 Rite Aids,, yes FIVE....they took over 3 local Pharms....then 2 Eckerts, 3 Walgreens, a lone CVS, and 1 Independent Drug Store (associated with independent Grocer) + 5 Supermarkets with in house Pharmacy's.

Just used expired coupons today (a triple play - a $4/$20, a $3 CRT and an ECB) - no decrease from face value.

cvs's system will allow for expired $ off and ecb coupons to be used for 14 days after expiration, and yes sometimes they have to be keyed (even before the expiration too) however don't count on your store putting them through for you as it is a ymmv or major ymmv.

crazypalooza said: cvs's system will allow for expired $ off and ecb coupons to be used for 14 days after expiration, and yes sometimes they have to be keyed (even before the expiration too) however don't count on your store putting them through for you as it is a ymmv or major ymmv.
Not true entirely. $/$$ works 15 days after expiration days.
ECB beeps day after expiration day. Last week I used 1 week old - beeped, 10 days old - beeped.
It shows on screen, not for card. Cashier told me because it was expired, I asked for manager & he/she took it (pushed thru)

zmaster said: crazypalooza said: cvs's system will allow for expired $ off and ecb coupons to be used for 14 days after expiration, and yes sometimes they have to be keyed (even before the expiration too) however don't count on your store putting them through for you as it is a ymmv or major ymmv.
Not true entirely. $/$$ works 15 days after expiration days.
ECB beeps day after expiration day. Last week I used 1 week old - beeped, 10 days old - beeped.
It shows on screen, not for card. Cashier told me because it was expired, I asked for manager & he/she took it (pushed thru)

To take that a step further, people have even reported ECBs expiring on the expiration date. That's supposedly because it is also based on time (i.e. if the ECB was issued at 10am, then it is expired after 10am on the expiration date).

they don't take expired manufacturer coupons though, just there own... right?

lol, been kicking myself all day because i just found a coupon for a free huggies jumbo pack of diapers that expired april 30th. doh.

they don't take expired manufacturer coupons though, just there own... right?

lol, been kicking myself all day because i just found a coupon for a free huggies jumbo pack of diapers that expired april 30th. doh.

BowlingShoe said: they don't take expired manufacturer coupons though, just there own... right?

Right, just the ECB and other CVS coupons that print at register or coupon print machine. This is still YMMV but all my stores take these.

Late responding, but my CVS's regularly take ECBs 30 days after expiration. They usually just manually input, sometimes ask me (I act dumb) and I once just told a new clerk that their policy was 30 days. I didn't know this wasn't SOP. Lucky me, b/c I'm almost always late!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014