• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I went shopping this past Sunday at my local CVS. At the checkout, I was told that as of Friday, October 29, 2010, CVS would no longer accept expired CVS ExtraBucks or CVS coupons (the one that print at the bottom of your receipt). I was stuck with about $22. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to recover your funds?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you live in an area with many CVS stores, just try again. A nice mgr may override.

FWers do that at other retailers too.

heavydcleveland said: I went shopping this past Sunday at my local CVS. At the checkout, I was told that as of Friday, October 29, 2010, CVS would no longer accept expired CVS ExtraBucks or CVS coupons (the one that print at the bottom of your receipt). I was stuck with about $22. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to recover your funds?

That has been the policy here, in Southern California at least, for some time. A couple years ago I had a couple ECBs totaling about $20 that just expired a day or two earlier and they wouldn't accept them.

I had one that had expired which I tried to use a while ago. I did not tell them that it had expired and it beeped. The manager was too stupid to look at the date and insisted that it was beeping because it was a copied coupon, even though it was on normal register tape. I took it to another store where the manager overrode it when it beeped.

Just tell the cashier that your ecb is expired. Many store accepts them, if they refuse ask for manager. Most usually will take them, still YMMV. Just don't through them, you will find a cashier or manager that will take them.

This has been CVS policy for a long time....Why the expiration date on the coupons or ExtraBucks! My local store has accepted the expired coupons ($5 off $20 or whatever) and EBs the few times I tried to use them. But then the cashiers...manager know me quite well.

I have never had any manager accept expired coupons in DFW area - II guess it also depends on district/area managers.

Thanks everyone! I will try at another store here in Cleveland, OH. I also wrote to corporate to see if they'd refund my monies. Seems as though this should have been posted at the store, even an eMail.

TheTigger said: I have never had any manager accept expired coupons in DFW area - II guess it also depends on district/area managers.my local arlington store mgr. takes my expired cvs coupons.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014