"FREE" $15 in the Rice Krispies Cereal Class Action Lawsuit

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

You don't have to show a proof of purchase to claim $15 in a class action lawsuit against Kellogg. Most likely you are someone who bought Kellog's Rice Krispies or Cocoa Krispies between June 1, 2009 and March, 1 2010 anyway.

Member Summary

Rice Krispies Refund
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I believe they also once advertised as being 'part of a balanced breakfast'. I'm not so sure. I think a lawsuit is in or... (more)

harlock001 (Sep. 27, 2011 @ 10:26a) |

Thanks templeboy

NotAClue (Sep. 27, 2011 @ 11:47a) |

Wait, Rice Krispie Treats are not good for your health...Of course that entitles me and my family to $15 how dare they t... (more)

cloverboy (Oct. 01, 2011 @ 11:28p) |

If you purchased Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal or Cocoa Krispies Cereal between June 1, 2009 and March 1, 2010, you may be entitled to a cash refund from a class action settlement.

If you do not make a claim, then any money that is left over will be donated to one or more charities. Class Members may seek reimbursement of $5 per box of Rice Krispies or Cocoa Krispies purchased, with a maximum recovery of $15 for the purchase of up to three boxes.

The settlement resolves a lawsuit over whether Kellogg Company falsely advertised that Rice Krispies cereal and Cocoa Krispies cereal supported a person's immunity system despite not having competent clinical evidence to support the claim. Kellogg stands by its advertising and denies it did anything wrong. The Court did not decide who was right.

Instead, both sides agreed to a settlement. By agreeing to a settlement, the Parties avoid the costs and risk of a trial and the Class will get compensation. The Class Representatives and their attorneys believe that the settlement is in the best interests of the Class Members.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

templeboy said:   Linky

You don't have to show a proof of purchase to claim $15 in a class action lawsuit against Kellogg. Most likely you are someone who bought Kellog's Rice Krispies or Cocoa Krispies between June 1, 2009 and March, 1 2010 anyway.

if you did the Back to School Rebate (buy 10 boxes of Kelloggs/get $10 rebate) in 2009, you likely did buy Rice or Cocoa Krispies around that time. I know I got Rice Krispies on that deal as part of my "10" UPCs.

I'm kookoo for Cocoa Puffs. Oh snap..crackle..pop.

Thanks, TB. My wife buys at LEAST 2 boxes of regular Rice Krispies every month...

who doesn't buy these???

For those wanting more info. I thought the charity part was interesting:

If you purchased Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal or Cocoa Krispies Cereal between June 1, 2009 and March 1, 2010, you may be entitled to a cash refund from a class action settlement.

If you do not make a claim, then any money that is left over will be donated to one or more charities. Class Members may seek reimbursement of $5 per box of Rice Krispies or Cocoa Krispies purchased, with a maximum recovery of $15 for the purchase of up to three boxes.

The settlement resolves a lawsuit over whether Kellogg Company falsely advertised that Rice Krispies cereal and Cocoa Krispies cereal supported a person's immunity system despite not having competent clinical evidence to support the claim. Kellogg stands by its advertising and denies it did anything wrong. The Court did not decide who was right.

Instead, both sides agreed to a settlement. By agreeing to a settlement, the Parties avoid the costs and risk of a trial and the Class will get compensation. The Class Representatives and their attorneys believe that the settlement is in the best interests of the Class Members.

Your claim was received at 03:07:05 PM PDT on June 27, 2011.

Yes, I buy rice krispies all the time.

Thanks

As with all class-action "deals", you're giving your word that what you're claiming is true. Hopefully your word is worth more than $15 bucks.

"I swear under penalty of perjury that the following information is true and correct..."

I bought 3 of each kind. My mom ALWAYS wanted me to make her rice krispie treats. Filed claim.

Thanks' templeboy

Thanks templeboy, eat the cereal constantly.

Dotbody said:   As with all class-action "deals", you're giving your word that what you're claiming is true. Hopefully your word is worth more than $15 bucks.

"I swear under penalty of perjury that the following information is true and correct..."

i am certain that i bought it, i'm just not sure if it was may or june of 2009 ... what do i do, what do i do???

I bought these bi weekly for years. (rice crispy treats for sunday school) Didnt like the fact I had to enter dates as it was literally a box every other week + what I ate at home.

I never claim these unless I actually feel like I was offended in some way. Since I've never bought a box of Rice Krispies for its immune-boosting effects (or even been aware they were advertising immune-boosting effects until now), I'm letting this one slide. Hope the charity is a good one.

we need a class action stickie!

great find OP

Achilleid said:   I never claim these unless I actually feel like I was offended in some way. Since I've never bought a box of Rice Krispies for its immune-boosting effects (or even been aware they were advertising immune-boosting effects until now), I'm letting this one slide. Hope the charity is a good one.

I seem to recall they started this campaign when the swine/bird flu scare was in full force. So obviously they were looking to "rake in sales" based on fear. To not have medical substantiation while they promoted that is rather offensive actually (to me anyway) and so I have no qualms applying for this since I did buy the item in question.

Thank you!

Nice! Surprised they aren't giving out something like $1 coupons. It's unusual for anyone other than the lawyers to get money.

Thanks

THey need a litigation badge for all these class actions.

I stopped eating my vitamins because I thought eating Rice Krispies was more than enough for my immune system. Fooled once again.

woo hoo... free 15 bucks...

thank you.....

Thanks for the notice.

thanks. just hope it is indeed the $15 and not some coupons like usually happens.

Thanks OP

thanks for the heads up

thx op! i actually have boxes of these sitting on my kitchen counter as we speak. nice to get a few $$ back.

I didn't remember the exact dates but I approximated (I am sure I have purchased the cereals in question). I signed up for $15. Thanks OP!

thanks for the heads up

Thanks.

Thanks, If it was rice crispy treats or coco cereal for breakfast, always buying these cracking stuff!!

Thanks OP. I know I bought at least 3 durring that time, so green!

thanks! we definitely bought at least 6+ in that time frame.

I love rice krispy treats... mmmmmmmmm

I'm eating a bowl of Rice Krispies right now because I feel a cold coming on...

Thanks OP. We definitely made Rice Krispy treats during that time frame.

Skipping 36 Messages...
Wait, Rice Krispie Treats are not good for your health...Of course that entitles me and my family to $15 how dare they trick us like that!
I am in Thanks somehow I didn't get my usual "join the class" letter in the mail for this one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014