• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AC - After Coupon
ADDIE or Addy - Address
AR or A/MIR - After Rebate
Blinkies - instore smartsource coupon dispensed near product, usually from red blinking box
BOGO or B1G1 - Buy one get one free
BOLO - Be On the Lookout
BRICKS--Specific Coupon Printing Site/Software
BTFE - Box Tops for Education
BTW - By the way
B&M - Brick & Mortar, as opposed to an online store
CAT - Catalina (coupon dispensed at register after purchase, usually has a red border)
CAT- as above, can mean Catalina online printable coupon
CBAD - Chef Boyardee
CLFE - Campbell's Labels for Education
COH - Cut Out Hunger
CPN or QPON - Coupon
CRT - Cash register tape
CVS - Consumer Value Store
CYE - Check your email
DD - Dear Daughter
DH - Dear husband
DIL - Daughter-in-law
DS - Dear Son
DW - Dear Wife
ECB - CVS Extra Care Bucks earned for purchasese
ETA - Edited to add
ETS - Excluding Trial Size
FB- Facebook
FW- Fat Wallet
FAR - Free After Rebate
GC - Gift card
GDA - Good Deal Alert
HBA - The health and beauty aid section in the grocery store
HD - Hot Deals
HU- Heads Up!!
HTH - Hope this/happy to help(s)
IMO - In My Opinion
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
IP - Internet Printable
IVC - Instant value coupon (Walgreens store coupon)
KWIM - Know what I mean?
LFE - Campbell's Labels for Education
LMK - Let Me Know
MBG/MBO- Money Back Guarantee or Offer--also known as "Try It/Like It/or Money Back"
MQ - Manufacturer's Coupon
MIR - Mail In Rebate
NP - No problem
OAS - a coupon that is good on one purchase, any size
OOP - Out of Pocket
OOS - Out of Stock
OP - Original Poster; Author of a thread
OYNO - On your next order
OT - Off Topic
P&G - Proctor & Gamble Sunday supplement coupons
Peelie - coupon that you peel off the package
PITA - Pain in the ***
PLMK - Please Let Me Know
PM - Private Message
PM - Price Match
POP - Proof of purchase
PP - purchase price
PSA - Prices Starting At or Public Service Announcement
Q - Coupon
Q or Qualifier - The POP required for a refund offer that is physically taken from that package
RA - Rite Aid
RAOK - Random act of kindness
RC - Raincheck
RP - RedPlum Sunday newspaper supplement coupons (formerly Valassis)
RP- As above Red Plum Online Printable Coupon
RR or R/R - Register Reward (Walgreens)
S&G - Smash and Grab
SAHM - Stay At Home Mom
SASE - Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
SCO - Self Checkout
SCR - Single Check Rebate (Rite Aid's monthly rewards/rebate program)
SIGN UP- Requires personal information (email, name, address, etc) be shared to get an offer or coupon
SD - that other place
SMP - Specially Marked Packages
SOL - Sadly out of Luck
SS - Smart Source or Sunday Supplement coupons
SS- Smart Source Online Printable Coupon Site/Software
Stacking - Some stores allow the use of more than one coupon per item, IF the coupon itself does not restrict such usage.
Tearpad - A pad of refund forms or coupons found hanging from a store shelf or display
TIA - Thanks in advance
TMF - Try Me Free
TYVM - Thank you very much
UP's- Rite Aid Reward Program Spending Coupon
V - Valassis Sunday supplement coupons (now called RedPlum)
VV- Video Values (online coupon earning program at Rite Aid)
WAGS - Walgreens
Wine Tag - coupon, usually for $ off any meat, cheese or produce.
W/L - wishlist
WSL - while supplies last
WT - winetag
WYB - When You Buy
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary - success of the attempt may vary at your store
YVW - You're very welcome
$1/1, $1/2, ... - money off per number of items (i.e. $1/1 is 1 dollar off when you purchase one where $1/2 is 1 dollar off when you purchase 2)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hi - just wondering about this question I asked on a thread from last week:

"How can we find this kind of Target mobile... (more)

NantucketSunrise (Jul. 09, 2013 @ 6:28p) |

lordoffire (Jul. 09, 2013 @ 6:32p) |

Thanks Lord Offire, very kind of you.

I do know how to search (though I avoid Google if possible), but I actually was not... (more)

NantucketSunrise (Jul. 09, 2013 @ 11:00p) |

Where to find printable coupons - New printables are generally refreshed on the 1st of each month, however a few new coupons are typically added throughout the month. Some coupons only appear for certain zip-codes, so try zip codes from different parts of the country to see variations.

coupons.com

SmartSource

RedPlum

CouponNetwork - powered by Catalina. This is the company that runs that little machine that prints out the check-out coupons at the end of your transaction. The items with a BLUE Add To Print are printable coupons. The items with a GREEN Add to Print are the Catalina deals. There is no need to print them. You can simply click on the deal to see what Catalina coupon will print out at the register if you buy the specific items and quantity mentioned. Some are only valid at certain stores and it will be noted.

ShopText coupons Powered by Shortcuts.com or just use Shortcuts.com directly. Shortcuts.com is a free service from AOL for couponing and other savings.

Brand specific printables
Arm & Hammer
Aquafresh
Campbells
General Mills (Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, etc)
Hood
Kelloggs
Musselmans Apple
Nestle
Newman's Own
Purina
Ronzoni
Smart Balance
Scotts
Unilever
Whiskas

Message edited by: SweetClover on 2012-09-13 23:13:56 CDT

Thank you, thank you! Some I figured out, but others had me stumped and I didn't want to pipe up and ask.

Thank you 1000 times...I must agree with cblue --- I did not want to be the one to ask the dumb question (but I did anyway!)

Now, what need we do to get a bio of you here too?

Green. This should be stickied.

BTW, the S in SOL is not sadly.

v999 said:   Green. This should be stickied.

BTW, the S in SOL is not sadly.

Sadly, we couldn't post the real word or we would be SOL!

This is the glossary I wrote for my supermarket thread:

AFC - A Full Cup dot com, another couponing website
Blinkie - Coupon from the machine on store shelf that dispenses coupons (has a blinking red light)
BOGO/B1G1F - Buy one get one/ Buy 1 Get 1 Free
BTFE - Box Tops for Education; found on GM products
CAT - Coupon from the coupon printing machine provided by Catalina Marketing or the machine itself
Coupon Mom - Coupon data base
Cow - Catalina coupon for free milk
CRT - Cash register tape
CW - Couponers Wanted. Couponing website. Membership required.
DND - Do Not Double.
FAR - Free after rebate
GM - General Mills
HCW - Hot Coupon World. Coupon data base.
HTS - Hip2Save. Couponing blog.
IP - Internet printable (coupon)
ISO - In search of
MM - Money maker
MMAR - Make money after rebate
MQ - Manufacturer's coupon
NBPR/NWPR - No beer/wine purchase required
OOP - Out of pocket
OYNO - Off your next order
P&G - Proctor & Gamble
Peelie - Coupon found stuck to a package that needs to be peeled off
PSP - Pre-sale price, i.e. regular shelf price
Q - Coupon
RP - RedPlum. Either the website or the weekend paper insert.
SP - Sale price
SS - SmartSource. Either the website or the weekend newspaper insert.
TP - Tear pad (or toilet paper)
WM - WalMart
WT- Wine tag
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary; not all stores doing the same thing

FAQ's and Answers about CVS EXTRA CARE CARD PROGRAM

https://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/user/extracare/extracare.jsp;jsession...

Rite Aid Wellness Program Overview:

http://www5.riteaid.com/wellness

I'd like to see a simple guide to how different stores (particularly for Target, Walgreens, CVS, WalMart and Publix) handle B1G1 in-store offers combined with coupons. This is the most confusing part to coupon policies to me. How does a B1G1 coupon combine with a B1G1 (and B2G1, etc) in-store offer for the different stores?

I know CVS won't allow individual coupons on both the B1 and the G1 item. Do they allow a 2/$1-type coupon?

I know Publix allows a coupon on both the B1 and the G1 items. And they allow 2/$1-type coupons on B1G1 offers.

After a bit of a hassle today, I found out both items are free (before tax) when you combine a B1G1 coupon with a B1G1 in-store offer at Walgreens. Limit one offer per person (though this may vary by store).

Bluefw said:   After a bit of a hassle today, I found out both items are free (before tax) when you combine a B1G1 coupon with a B1G1 in-store offer at Walgreens. Limit one offer per person (though this may vary by store).

Here is the official written Walgreens 2011 Corporate Coupon Policy. Print it out and "arm yourself" for potential hassles at store with uninformed cashiers or managers.

http://www.walgreens.com/topic/help/generalhelp/coupon_policy_ma...

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Here is the official written Walgreens 2011 Corporate Coupon Policy. Print it out and "arm yourself" for potential hassles at store with uninformed cashiers or managers.

I checked the policy, but it didn't explicitly state what happens when B1G1 offers are combined with B1G1 coupons. I was just asking for information and was not using a coupon at the time. The manager knew the answer, but the cashier didn't understand what the manager was saying over the phone and the check-out area had become really busy, so I left. I called the manager after I left.

So, now Walgreens is off the list of unknowns regarding the question I asked above. B1G1 offer + B1G1 MQ = two free products (before tax) at Walgreens.

Bluefw said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

I checked the policy, but it didn't explicitly state what happens when B1G1 offers are combined with B1G1 coupons. I was just asking for information and was not using a coupon at the time. The manager knew the answer, but the cashier didn't understand what the manager was saying over the phone and the check-out area had become really busy, so I left. I called the manager after I left.

So, now Walgreens is off the list of unknowns regarding the question I asked above. B1G1 offer + B1G1 MQ = two free products (before tax) at Walgreens.

Here's another issue at Walgreens that some people have hassles with--using the Instant Value booklet Walgreens coupons and a regular manufacturer coupon together:

for those of you who are being told these coupons are not stackable. If you flip to the back page of this weeks (8/14-8/20) Walgreens ad, you should see an advertised Cottonelle. This deal clearly promotes stacking an Instant Value Walgreens coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon! I highly recommend sticking this ad in your coupon binder in case you run in to any cashiers or managers who tell you they no longer “stack” coupons.

I have removed content I created.

Does anyone know what "limit one deal per customer" means on a coupon? I've seen "limit one per transaction" and "limit one per purchase," but not this one.

Bluefw said:   Does anyone know what "limit one deal per customer" means on a coupon? I've seen "limit one per transaction" and "limit one per purchase," but not this one.Nothing. Unless the term "deal" is defined, specifically and as applicable to the vendor and its products, it's too generic a term to apply to a coupon. To me a deal means I am saving a lot of money, but if I buy something that usually costs a dollar for a penny, it's not a deal by my definition because I am saving only 99 cents -- not a lot of money.

Something I learned at Walgreens this week: the coupons in the monthly coupon book are manufacturers' coupons even though they don't say "manufacture's coupon" on them. They say something like "coupons provided by vendor."

vadeltachi said:   Bluefw said:   Does anyone know what "limit one deal per customer" means on a coupon? I've seen "limit one per transaction" and "limit one per purchase," but not this one.Nothing. Unless the term "deal" is defined, specifically and as applicable to the vendor and its products, it's too generic a term to apply to a coupon. To me a deal means I am saving a lot of money, but if I buy something that usually costs a dollar for a penny, it's not a deal by my definition because I am saving only 99 cents -- not a lot of money.

I think some of this wording is put there as a ploy. To 'scare' people from using multiple coupons when in fact, there is no problem with doing so. No different than the "redeem at WalMart" on a manufacturer coupon, which is "suggestive sell" to buy the item at WalMart only, when in fact the coupon is valid at any retailer.

I mean, come on...."ONE DEAL PER CUSTOMER" on a coupon. What the heck does that mean???

Does anyone know whether those 'checks' you get from Similac, Enfamil, and Gerber for baby formula count as coupons? Specifically, can I use a normal coupon WITH a check (say at Target)?

PsychoFan said:   Does anyone know whether those 'checks' you get from Similac, Enfamil, and Gerber for baby formula count as coupons? Specifically, can I use a normal coupon WITH a check (say at Target)?

if it's an actual check, that is paid through a "bank" versus a manufacturer coupon, then yes, you should be able to use both. A check is a different form of payment than a coupon.

Bluefw said:   I'd like to see a simple guide to how different stores (particularly for Target, Walgreens, CVS, WalMart and Publix) handle B1G1 in-store offers combined with coupons. This is the most confusing part to coupon policies to me. How does a B1G1 coupon combine with a B1G1 (and B2G1, etc) in-store offer for the different stores?

I know CVS won't allow individual coupons on both the B1 and the G1 item. Do they allow a 2/$1-type coupon?

I know Publix allows a coupon on both the B1 and the G1 items. And they allow 2/$1-type coupons on B1G1 offers.

I've never used a B1G1 coupon combined with a B1G1 store offer so not sure on that particular part and I don't have Publix in my area.

Target - you can only use one coupon which would obviously be applied toward the item you paid for. You can not use any sort of coupon to be applied toward the free item. (this was a fairly recent change to their coupon policy). However you can use both a Target coupon AND a manufacturer coupon on the paid item.

Walgreens - you can use 2 separate coupons to be applied to each the paid item and the free item or use a $x/2 coupon.
Example, store deal B1G1F deodorant regularly priced $3.99. You have (2) $1.50/1 deodorant coupons.
Pay $3.99 for 2 deodorants less $1.50 coupon#1, less $1.50 coupon#2 = 0.99

WalMart - I don't know that I've ever seen a B1G1F deal there?? But they have a fairly lenient coupon policy as they allow for overages. My *guess* would be it'd be the same as Walgreen

lordoffire said:   Didn't see any information about printing MFCs, but there are people new to the game who have questions. They shouldn't be flamed for not being able to find the needed info. Tried to cover most basic stuff, feel free to PM if you need anything.

(don't quote this whole thing)

Nice! I quoted the whole thing to the Quick Summary.

Bluefw said:   Something I learned at Walgreens this week: the coupons in the monthly coupon book are manufacturers' coupons even though they don't say "manufacture's coupon" on them. They say something like "coupons provided by vendor."
Maybe, maybe not. The easiest way to tell is to look at the barcode. If it is one of the newer style codes with two sets of bars, it is a mfr. coupon. If it is a coupon with a single barcode with the first several digits being zero, it is a store coupon. I've seen both in various Wags coupon books. Doesn't matter what they call it or what sort of wording appears. A mfr. coupon should still scan along with a store coupon.

Question: In the past, if my computer (Mac OS 10.7) was not connected to my printer, I was able to click "print" at coupons.com and the coupons printed the next time my compter connected. I just tried that and all my queued coupons disappeared (and of course, I can't reprint form the site) when printing was initiated. Has this started happening to anyone else?

lordoffire said:   Bluefw said:   Question: In the past, if my computer (Mac OS 10.7) was not connected to my printer, I was able to click "print" at coupons.com and the coupons printed the next time my compter connected. I just tried that and all my queued coupons disappeared (and of course, I can't reprint form the site) when printing was initiated. Has this started happening to anyone else?

there's no way they could do anything after it's sent to your printer...

is it still indicated as being "offline" when unplugged?

The printer does show as offline when unplugged. Other documents print from the queue after connecting to the computer. Only coupons.com ones don't.

Relatedly, I am able to use Quicklook to preview the documents in the printer queue. I updated my OS and I no longer have that option with coupons.com. I get a message that I must be the administrator to view the document. Other documents are fine.

lordoffire said:   

strange....I haven't noticed any changes in particular

did it recently prompt for a new install/update of the plugin?

The coupons.com site didn't prompt for anything. I don't think I had to reinstall anything associated with the site. I upgraded the operating system and noticed the changes after that. Weird.

lordoffire said:   Bluefw said:   The coupons.com site didn't prompt for anything. I don't think I had to reinstall anything associated with the site. I upgraded the operating system and noticed the changes after that. Weird.

I've never used a mac...but my guess it has something to do with that

it only happens with coupons.com? you tried smartsource, couponnetwork, redplum?

any chance you could try it with another printer?

I'm going to try reinstalling the printer driver. I haven't tried the other sites, but that is a good suggestion. I likely won't try with another printer, since it isn't that convenient and not too important.

I've got to clean-up/update my browsers and plug-ins, anyway.

How long does it take for WAGS to load rebates on Gift Cards? I originally got the Gift Card as a rebate, and chose to have a recent rebate loaded on the card. I requested it online, and received an email confirming receipt on 8/13, followed by one with a link for tracking status on 8/25. Each time I check, it says that it's still processing. Is this normal for WAGS rebates loaded on a Gift Card?

Question on safeway's Load-to-card coupons, are those stackable with sunday newspaper manufacture's coupons? The policy seems fuzzy where it says no two manufacturer coupons per item but are the load-to-card coupon considered manufacture's coupon?

ZenNUTS said:   Question on safeway's Load-to-card coupons, are those stackable with sunday newspaper manufacture's coupons? The policy seems fuzzy where it says no two manufacturer coupons per item but are the load-to-card coupon considered manufacture's coupon?
They used to be, but not anymore, at least in my experience. My local store updated their POS system a couple years ago, and the system is quite savvy. What will happen if you redeem a paper coupon when you have already loaded a digital coupon is the system will recognize this and “unapply” the digital coupon and credit the paper one. Note that this applies to coupons only. You can still apply a sale/discount offer for an item to your card, and also use either a digital coupon or a paper coupon on that item as well.

Been having trouble with this kind of "free" mfg coupons lately, especially with younger cashiers who read the coupons more carefully...

"Free up to one cup of yogurt when you buy one cup"

How many do I have to buy?
One? Two?

lordoffire said:   DeGlass said:   Been having trouble with this kind of "free" mfg coupons lately, especially with younger cashiers who read the coupons more carefully...

One? Two?

MFQ or MFC...or as the issuer said, MFR

there's no "g" in "manufacturer" or "coupon"

what's the issue?....simply that the cashiers are idiots?

yes they should be paying attention but it seems pretty clear...

Buy one yogurt, get a free one (or .90 off the price if it's more than that)

So how many do I have to bring to the register?
One?
Two?

DeGlass said:   lordoffire said:   DeGlass said:   Been having trouble with this kind of "free" mfg coupons lately, especially with younger cashiers who read the coupons more carefully...

One? Two?

MFQ or MFC...or as the issuer said, MFR

there's no "g" in "manufacturer" or "coupon"

what's the issue?....simply that the cashiers are idiots?

yes they should be paying attention but it seems pretty clear...

Buy one yogurt, get a free one (or .90 off the price if it's more than that)

So how many do I have to bring to the register?
One?
Two?

Two. You are buying one, you get the other free (Up to 90¢ off). The coupon once scanned will subtract the price of the second cup, up to 90¢. "FREE one cup, when you buy one cup." This is a pretty standard BOGO coupon, what is the problem that cashiers are having? Is it not subtracting the price of the second one when scanned? Some stores require a manager with a key, to enter coupons like this, so they beep when scanned; but the manager can override and manually enter it into the system. I've never had an issue other than the occasional "beep' when it won't scan. You bring two cups of yogurt to the register, cashier scans them both at 85¢ each. Cashier swipes coupon, 85¢ is deducted from your total, rendering your second cup free.

Skipping 28 Messages...
Thanks Lord Offire, very kind of you.

I do know how to search (though I avoid Google if possible), but I actually was not sure if what you showed me is the same thing -- because why would the OPs from last week's threads provide a certain number to text _to_ Target in order to receive the sets of coupons, if all anyone has to do is sign up for Target's mobile coupons and passively receive everything? Wouldn't the OPs have just told people to do that?

I like the new icon image thingie! It's almost cuddly.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014