Get $10 Catalina Coupon at Safeway WYB $100+ in Visa/MC GC's

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
safeway is offering a $10 off $10 Catalina coupon when you buy $100 or more in Visa or MasterCard GC's. Valid 9/12/2012-10/9/2012. One coupon per transaction. Should work on GC's with a fixed amount or on the variable amount cards ($25-$500). If you have a credit card that offers 5% Cash Back from supermarkets, then it's best to load as much as possible onto the GC ($5.95 activation fee for the card) and then use the GC at stores that you don't normally get 5% at.

Member Summary

safeway
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do you have any links for the promo? Do they have links for all the gift cards? I want to buy Shell GC.

For me, it's in this week's sales flyer.

zmaster.

I think you only get the $10 OYNO on the GC's listed in the OP (Visa/Master Card prepaids). It doesn't sound like Shell or restaurant/dept store type cards are part of the deal, maybe I'm wrong, but safeway left this area of the country so I no longer get the ads to look at. Maybe someone else can verify it's just Visa/MC type cards and not general GC's.

MISTERCHEAP said:   zmaster.

I think you only get the $10 OYNO on the GC's listed in the OP (Visa/Master Card prepaids). It doesn't sound like Shell or restaurant/dept store type cards are part of the deal, maybe I'm wrong, but safeway left this area of the country so I no longer get the ads to look at. Maybe someone else can verify it's just Visa/MC type cards and not general GC's.

Correct, you only get the $10 Catalina if you buy $100+ in Visa or Master Cards (which have an activation fee of approximately $4.95 - $5.95). Still a moneymaker even with the activation fee. And if you can get 5% CashBack from the credit card that you use to buy the GC, then that it makes it even a bigger moneymaker (just be sure to use the Visa/MC only at places that don't normally offer 5% Cash Back).

I just bought a card and used the coupon right away. Activation fee is $5.95 for either $100 or $20-$500 card. You have 2 weeks to use the coupon.

Thanks Roy & MrCheap. Bummer I can't buy a GC for the promo. I have 300 points left from last Shell GC I bought from Ralphs. That's why I need to buy more Shell cards to buy Gas. The Shell near me have lower price for cash/GC. I have Chase rewards, but they are not offering 5% back from Grocery now

My Ralphs 300 points expires 10/31/12. Does anyone know if I don't use all the points, does it roll over or I loose them?

zmaster said:   Thanks Roy & MrCheap. Bummer I can't buy a GC for the promo. I have 300 points left from last Shell GC I bought from Ralphs. That's why I need to buy more Shell cards to buy Gas. The Shell near me have lower price for cash/GC. I have Chase rewards, but they are not offering 5% back from Grocery now

My Ralphs 300 points expires 10/31/12. Does anyone know if I don't use all the points, does it roll over or I loose them?

The points are reset to 0 the first of each month, so you will lose them. In the past they only reset quarterly, but now they reset monthly.

Has anyone received more than one coupon for the same safeway account? For my first purchase (Visa), the coupon printed out fine. For my second purchase (MC), no coupon was printed, but I received gas rewards for it, which was strange. The manager gave me $10 cash instead.

To answer my own question, got another coupon today for Visa, automatically.

c3 said:   Has anyone received more than one coupon for the same safeway account? For my first purchase (Visa), the coupon printed out fine. For my second purchase (MC), no coupon was printed, but I received gas rewards for it, which was strange. The manager gave me $10 cash instead.

I've received at least 4, although one time I didn't get the Catalina and was instead given $10 cash by the manager. Each time I bought a Master Card.

roy7736 said:   I've received at least 4, although one time I didn't get the Catalina and was instead given $10 cash by the manager. Each time I bought a Master Card.

Did you get gas rewards for the one that did not print the coupon?

nevermind...I see my questions were answered by c3 earlier in the thread...

I got another Catalina today (bought a Visa). Deal is still going on. The one time I didn't get the Catalina was when I think I bought the Visa/MC in the same transaction in which I redeemed one of the $10 Catalinas. So maybe it doesn't roll. I've been successful when buying the Visa/MC in a separate transaction from anything else. Not sure if my theory is correct or not, though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014