• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kellogg recalls 2.8 million packages of Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite-Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size

"Kellogg Co. said Wednesday it would take a charge of up to $30 million to cover the recall of Mini-Wheats cereal in the U.S. due to possible contamination by pieces of metal mesh. Retailers have been contacted about the recall of 2.8 million packages of Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite-Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size, which are being pulled from store shelves. Kellogg blamed the contamination on "a faulty manufacturing part," and said no injuries had been reported..."

Link

Member Summary

Kellogg recall
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like Kellogg's finally posted something official on their web-site.
http://consumeralert.kelloggs.com/consumeralert.aspx?id=5596

It looks like they don't want people returning the product to the store, but to instead contact them:
Consumers with affected product or who have questions should contact the Kellogg Consumer Response Center using the Contact Us feature click here or call 800-962-1413 from 8 am to 6 pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday.

This seems like a great idea

I was wondering why my cereal started tasting like swords! Time to give them a call tomorrow!

I got my coupons today! It's good for any Kelloggs product up to $5.00!

I missed this originally when posted.. I checked and I have a box of recalled cereal. I just sent an email.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014