Rite Aid 11/11 - 11/17

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
MISTERCHEAP said:    it twas me Maine! Mr. V used my link.

Actually I got the link from Southern Cali Saver, but all's well that ends well.

briarycliffs said:    MisterCheap posted the coupon in a separate thread. MrV edited his post after. But still thankful for both of them!

My post was "pending approval" from the mods for some time and when they finally approved it, the post was placed chronologically in the thread to the time I posted it, so briarycliffs did not know I had posted it because at the time she wrote her post my post was still pending approval and not yet showing up in the thread...but kudos to Mr. C because he had posted it in a separate thread first before I included it in the thread.

MrVietnam said:   YMMV but I got a good deal on Minute Maid fruit punch. In the Rite Aid "dollar store section" they have 4-packs of Minute Maid fruit punch cartons (each carton is 4.2 fluid ounces). They normally go for $1 for a four-pack. I bought them with 20% Wellness so the price was 80 cents and they had Rite Aid 50 cents off stickers on them, so I got each four-pack of Minute Maid fruit punch cartons for only 30 cents (or, 7.5 cents a carton) (no tax here on food). It had a 50 cents off freshness discount sticker because they expire the end of this month (on November 30). Just as a comparison, the same product but in a 10-pack is on sale this week for $2.75 (or, 27.5 cents a carton) at Target. I got home and chilled them in the fridge and they taste great.

I went to another Rite Aid today and picked up some banana moon pies from the dollar section. They too had the 50 cents off sticker and I paid only 30 cents a box with Gold. They don't expire for one more month.

Axe Holiday Gift Box Sets on sale $9.99
Buy 1, Get $3 +UP Reward limit 2
Use $1/1 coupon from December All You magazine
Use $2/1 Rite Aid Video Values store coupon
Pay $6.99, Get $3 +UP
$3.99 after coupons and reward
*These have 3 full-sized products in them and a travel size shower gel.

briarycliffs said:   With the new $5/1 Nature Made that Mr. C just posted, even better money maker. Buy 6 minis at $14.99 B1G1, use 6 of the $5/1 and 6 of the RA $2/1, get 2 $10 UPs, for a $17 money maker. YMMV on the multiple RA coupons of course. Limit 2 UPs.I thought you can't use 2 coupons on B1G1F items. Do you need to scan the coupons before the Wellness+ card? Or is it up to the cashier?

billrubin said:   briarycliffs said:   With the new $5/1 Nature Made that Mr. C just posted, even better money maker. Buy 6 minis at $14.99 B1G1, use 6 of the $5/1 and 6 of the RA $2/1, get 2 $10 UPs, for a $17 money maker. YMMV on the multiple RA coupons of course. Limit 2 UPs.I thought you can't use 2 coupons on B1G1F items. Do you need to scan the coupons before the Wellness+ card? Or is it up to the cashier?
it is upto the cashier, it worked for me today with no issues.

I tell the cashier I will scan the card last, because it will use my ups before any coupons if I scan it first. Most cashiers seem to understand then.

MrVietnam said:   Pretty good deal on greeting cards this week

You can use your 20% Wellness card and get 20% off each card PLUS you can get $15 of cards for $10:

pg 9 american greeting cards $3up wub $15, also $2/3 nov vv
equals $15 in cards for $10


Not sure if Rite Aid carries 99 cent greeting cards, but if they do you could buy 3 with your 20% Wellness for #2.38 and then use the Nov $2/3 VV and get all three for only 38 cents.


To sweeten this deal, there is a $1/3 printable man Q that can be found here (it is a pdf, print as many as you like). Combine this coupon with the $2/3 nov vv and use your Gold Wellness and you can get some cheap cards.

MrVietnam said:   Not free, but a fairly good deal:

Ziploc Storage Bags (10 to 50 ct.) or Containers (3 to 4 ct.), 2/$5
Get $2 +UP wyb 2 (Limit 2)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags printable
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags or Containers printable {requires registration and login}
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags, exp. 12/22/12 (SS 11/11/12)
$1/2 Ziploc Band Containers, exp. 12/22/12 (SS 11/11/12)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags (Recyclebank)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Containers (Recyclebank)
$1 ea. after coupon and +UP Reward!


I'm in So-cal, can't find this in my ad, just wonder is this regional thing.

Ziploc storage bags 2/$5, $2 UP wyb 2, L2

amanda08 said:   MrVietnam said:   Not free, but a fairly good deal:

Ziploc Storage Bags (10 to 50 ct.) or Containers (3 to 4 ct.), 2/$5
Get $2 +UP wyb 2 (Limit 2)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags printable
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags or Containers printable {requires registration and login}
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags, exp. 12/22/12 (SS 11/11/12)
$1/2 Ziploc Band Containers, exp. 12/22/12 (SS 11/11/12)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags (Recyclebank)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Containers (Recyclebank)
$1 ea. after coupon and +UP Reward!


I'm in So-cal, can't find this in my ad, just wonder is this regional thing.

Ziploc storage bags 2/$5, $2 UP wyb 2, L2

yes it's regional and +Up will not print if its not in your region. You probably don't have Airwick deal either.

my4mainecoons said:   amanda08 said:   MrVietnam said:   Not free, but a fairly good deal:

Ziploc Storage Bags (10 to 50 ct.) or Containers (3 to 4 ct.), 2/$5
Get $2 +UP wyb 2 (Limit 2)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags printable
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags or Containers printable {requires registration and login}
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags, exp. 12/22/12 (SS 11/11/12)
$1/2 Ziploc Band Containers, exp. 12/22/12 (SS 11/11/12)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Bags (Recyclebank)
$1/2 Ziploc Brand Containers (Recyclebank)
$1 ea. after coupon and +UP Reward!


I'm in So-cal, can't find this in my ad, just wonder is this regional thing.

Ziploc storage bags 2/$5, $2 UP wyb 2, L2

yes it's regional and +Up will not print if its not in your region. You probably don't have Airwick deal either.



thank you

I'm in Northern California and there is no ziploc deal here either. bummer.

MrVietnam said:   Axe Holiday Gift Box Sets on sale $9.99
Buy 1, Get $3 +UP Reward limit 2
Use $1/1 coupon from December All You magazine
Use $2/1 Rite Aid Video Values store coupon
Pay $6.99, Get $3 +UP
$3.99 after coupons and reward
*These have 3 full-sized products in them and a travel size shower gel.


I was hoping shower gel or shampoo would be the full size items in these sets. All I have found are sets with two body spray and a deodorant.

MrVietnam said:   YMMV but I got a good deal on Minute Maid fruit punch. In the Rite Aid "dollar store section" they have 4-packs of Minute Maid fruit punch cartons (each carton is 4.2 fluid ounces). They normally go for $1 for a four-pack. I bought them with 20% Wellness so the price was 80 cents and they had Rite Aid 50 cents off stickers on them, so I got each four-pack of Minute Maid fruit punch cartons for only 30 cents (or, 7.5 cents a carton) (no tax here on food). It had a 50 cents off freshness discount sticker because they expire the end of this month (on November 30). Just as a comparison, the same product but in a 10-pack is on sale this week for $2.75 (or, 27.5 cents a carton) at Target. I got home and chilled them in the fridge and they taste great.
my store is too small to have a "dollar store section" but while hunting for the MM GatorAde I saw Minute Maid 100% fruit juice fruit punch w/ $0.50 freshness peelies! Juice "expires" mid-December. I didn't wait to get home to chill them. I had one in the car while driving to Staples

Good deal if you need the product and/or have +UPs to use up:

VH Essentials BV Treatment reg. price $26.99, get $15 +UP wyb 1, Limit 2
With gold it was $21.59 and right in front of the product there was a box with pull out coupons for $5/1 for this product. Essentially making it $1.59 which is great for something that is originally almost $27!

For those who may not know, this is with the KY and all the other interesting stuff Tags indicate it is a monthly deal, so not sure if a better deal will come up but I had +UPs to burn, so I bought 2 and got both $15 +UPs, no problem.

I bought 2 pkgs of Ziploc containers today (2/$5) and used a $1/2 insert coupon. Received the $2 +Up. The $1/2 Ziploc bags L2C came off making them $0.50 ea. If I buy 2 boxes of bags I wonder if the $1/2 Ziploc containers L2C will come off.

I just posted the Rite Aid 12/2 - 12/8 thread and the mods moved it to deal discussion for some unknown reason. I have sent them a message and am trying to get it back where it belongs in the grocery forum. Never had that happen before. I guess all is well since it is still listed in the grocery forum even though it says it has been moved to deal discussion.


EDIT: I just got this reply back from a moderator:

Hello!

Since the deal is so far out we moved it to DD, if it was within a week or so it would go into Grocery. I left a placeholder so really its getting twice the coverage.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Alex
Fatwallet.com

well that's pretty dumb. I'd never look on DD for it. Where did this crazy idea come from? We've had threads started a month in advance of the sales week and they've stayed here. Dec. 2 is NOT that far out!

ETA: I requested that it be moved back and was told they got requests that it be moved to DD.

my4mainecoons said:   well that's pretty dumb. I'd never look on DD for it. Where did this crazy idea come from? We've had threads started a month in advance of the sales week and they've stayed here. Dec. 2 is NOT that far out!

I dont find it dumb at all when it now exists in both spots. Is it a hindrance in the slightest? Even if you didn't look for it in DD it would remain here/there with a placeholder until it went live and then would be in grocery. Whats the problem?

Farfisa850 said:   my4mainecoons said:   well that's pretty dumb. I'd never look on DD for it. Where did this crazy idea come from? We've had threads started a month in advance of the sales week and they've stayed here. Dec. 2 is NOT that far out!

I dont find it dumb at all when it now exists in both spots. Is it a hindrance in the slightest? Even if you didn't look for it in DD it would remain here with a placeholder until it went live and then would be in grocery. Whats the problem?


So is this going to be a regular practice now putting store threads two weeks in the future in the deal discussion forum? Like you say, as long as it remains in the grocery forum with a placeholder that is fine, but I really doubt any serious grocery forum users go to deal discussion for weekly store threads. They may go there to discuss deals, but that is the last place I would be looking for a weekly grocery or Drugstore thread.

MrVietnam said:   Farfisa850 said:   my4mainecoons said:   well that's pretty dumb. I'd never look on DD for it. Where did this crazy idea come from? We've had threads started a month in advance of the sales week and they've stayed here. Dec. 2 is NOT that far out!

I dont find it dumb at all when it now exists in both spots. Is it a hindrance in the slightest? Even if you didn't look for it in DD it would remain here with a placeholder until it went live and then would be in grocery. Whats the problem?


So is this going to be a regular practice now putting store threads two weeks in the future in the deal discussion forum?


Ive worked here quite a few years and thats always been the "rule". It may be informal among the mods and trickled down to the users as an unspoken president as I cant find it in an FAQ but after several members citing it and requesting it be moved; I moved it.

If you would like me to discuss the rule with Ted and others I would be more than happy to. Its your playground we just keep the paint fresh.

Are the people who requested they be moved to DD regular posters on the drug store forum? Why is it that the "several people" who requested the thread be moved have more say than the people who are posting regularly? Can we have some say in this? Dec. 2 is 3 wks away. Waiting until the week before the sale starts is too late to move the thread. SD has the threads a month in advance and while there's not much "talk" its there for reference. Whomever decided to move the threads obviously does not do Drug Store deals very often. We need the ads weeks in advance to plan.

I order coupons. I order them 1-2 wks in advance. Good thing I have a resource other than FW for the ad previews.

There was a deal on Burts Bees last week. Fortunately I saw the ad for next week 2 wks ago. I knew to save my coupons because Burts Bees is a MM next week.

my4mainecoons said:   Are the people who requested they be moved to DD regular posters on the drug store forum? Why is it that the "several people" who requested the thread be moved have more say than the people who are posting regularly? Can we have some say in this? Dec. 2 is 3 wks away. Waiting until the week before the sale starts is too late to move the thread. SD has the threads a month in advance and while there's not much "talk" its there for reference. Whomever decided to move the threads obviously does not do Drug Store deals very often. We need the ads weeks in advance to place orders for coupons. I ordered my coupons for next week's sale last week. They arrived today. Couldn't do that w/o having the ad in advance. Most sites want advance ads, etc posted. This makes no sense.

Again we dont hide the ads until a week is up. We leave a place holder and then put them into DD. I was unaware of your process and can 100% see why you would want them as early as possible. But again I ask how thats being hindered by moving them with a place holder.

my4mainecoons said:    Dec. 2 is 3 wks away.
Not even that...it is 2 weeks and a few days away.

So if they're in DD w/ a placeholder, how does one know that they exist? I routinely scroll through the Grocery Forum. I don't have time to wade through DD.

my4mainecoons said:   So if they're in DD w/ a placeholder, how does one know that they exist? I routinely scroll through the Grocery Forum. I don't have time to wade through DD.

If they are in DD with a placeholder that means the post is in grocery. If its a place holder in grocery they are in DD. Either way they will appear and act like a thread normally would just with that tag.

Farfisa850 said:   

If you would like me to discuss the rule with Ted and others I would be more than happy to.

yes

my4mainecoons said:   So if they're in DD w/ a placeholder, how does one know that they exist? I routinely scroll through the Grocery Forum. I don't have time to wade through DD.

I think what he is saying is when we post a weekly thread more than a week ot two in the future, they will move it to deal discussion but it will still appear in the Drugstore forum with a note saying it has been moved to deal discussion. It seems OK, but to me it seems kind of a waste of effort on the mods part to move it as anyone serious about Drugstore/grocery store shopping looks in this forum for the weekly threads and not deal discussion, but whatever makes them happy...

my4mainecoons said:   Farfisa850 said:   

If you would like me to discuss the rule with Ted and others I would be more than happy to.

yes


Regarding?

MrVietnam said:   my4mainecoons said:   So if they're in DD w/ a placeholder, how does one know that they exist? I routinely scroll through the Grocery Forum. I don't have time to wade through DD.

I think what he is saying is when we post a weekly thread more than 2 weeks in the future, they will move it to deal discussion but it will still appear in the Drugstore forum with a note saying it has been moved to deal discussion. It seems OK, but kind of a waste of effort on the mods part to move it as anyone serious about Drugstore/grocery store shopping looks in this forum for the weekly threads and not deal discussion, but whatever makes them happy...

whatever. Seems like they're not interested in having folks who are serious about Drug Store/grocery shopping on FW.

Farfisa850 said:   my4mainecoons said:   Farfisa850 said:   

If you would like me to discuss the rule with Ted and others I would be more than happy to.

yes


Regarding?


Regarding leaving weekly grocery/Drugstore threads in the grocery/Drugstore forum. No need to move them to deal discussion, whether you put a placeholder or not.

my4mainecoons said:   MrVietnam said:   my4mainecoons said:   So if they're in DD w/ a placeholder, how does one know that they exist? I routinely scroll through the Grocery Forum. I don't have time to wade through DD.

I think what he is saying is when we post a weekly thread more than 2 weeks in the future, they will move it to deal discussion but it will still appear in the Drugstore forum with a note saying it has been moved to deal discussion. It seems OK, but kind of a waste of effort on the mods part to move it as anyone serious about Drugstore/grocery store shopping looks in this forum for the weekly threads and not deal discussion, but whatever makes them happy...

whatever. Seems like they're not interested in having folks who are serious about Drug Store/grocery shopping on FW.


On the contrary! Its just difficult when everyone wants something different. I will speak to Ted about the rules and see if we cant come to something that is accommodating for everyone.

Maybe there needs to be a stickied thread where Mr. C can post all his coupon alerts. That would decrease the number of threads in the Forum.

Farfisa850 said:   my4mainecoons said:   MrVietnam said:   my4mainecoons said:   So if they're in DD w/ a placeholder, how does one know that they exist? I routinely scroll through the Grocery Forum. I don't have time to wade through DD.

I think what he is saying is when we post a weekly thread more than 2 weeks in the future, they will move it to deal discussion but it will still appear in the Drugstore forum with a note saying it has been moved to deal discussion. It seems OK, but kind of a waste of effort on the mods part to move it as anyone serious about Drugstore/grocery store shopping looks in this forum for the weekly threads and not deal discussion, but whatever makes them happy...

whatever. Seems like they're not interested in having folks who are serious about Drug Store/grocery shopping on FW.


On the contrary! Its just difficult when everyone wants something different. I will speak to Ted about the rules and see if we cant come to something that is accommodating for everyone.


Farfisa/Ted,

FYI, a drug/grocery deal 2-4 weeks out is very different that a Staples sale 2-4 weeks out, Here's why:

1) A lot more planning is required, specifically, gathering/purchasing/printing coupons which will impact specific item final prices (or in some case MM)

2) alerting people NOT to buy this week or next week a given item if the prices will be even lower 2-3 weeks from now. Since many items are NON-perishable, it's reasonable for people to buy 2-3 months supply on an extra good deal.

3) because RA (and CVS) deals are contingent on the use of Ups or ECB's which have rolling expiration dates (14 or 30 days), strategic use of proper spending of them is critical to avoid excessive out of pocket expense of the "die hards" in these threads.

4) To be honest, there would be little or no interest in these threads in DD. Frankly, it's a waste of space and mod energy to move them back and forth between DD/drug. The people who value these threads would want to read them ONLY in drug and people who do look in DD are looking for different types of info than what toothpaste Rite Aid will have on sale in 3 weeks.

Thanks for your review of this! MrC

my4mainecoons said:   Maybe there needs to be a stickied thread where Mr. C can post all his coupon alerts. That would decrease the number of threads in the Forum.

Maine, I'm not a big fan of "mass threads" since a title is so important often times. ie, HURRY, print now for upcoming deal or coupons that reset/come back to life so you can edit the title to let people know the coupon is reset to print it again. That kind of stuff is harder to do in a mass thread, lots gets missed, not to mention, you'd have a bunch of dead links sticking around in there as well once coupons run out of prints.

I wish there could be a "split" screen in Drug/Coupons for Store Posts vs Coupon Posts so they could all be bunched together rather than jumbled as it is now.

MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   Maybe there needs to be a stickied thread where Mr. C can post all his coupon alerts. That would decrease the number of threads in the Forum.

Maine, I'm not a big fan of "mass threads" since a title is so important often times. ie, HURRY, print now for upcoming deal or coupons that reset/come back to life so you can edit the title to let people know the coupon is reset to print it again. That kind of stuff is harder to do in a mass thread, lots gets missed, not to mention, you'd have a bunch of dead links sticking around in there as well once coupons run out of prints.

I wish there could be a "split" screen in Drug/Coupons for Store Posts vs Coupon Posts so they could all be bunched together rather than jumbled as it is now.

understood. I just wasn't sure if the reason for moving threads to DD was due to lack of space in the Forum.

It took 5 days, but my purchase of Burts Bees from Saturday finally cleared.

billrubin said:   briarycliffs said:   With the new $5/1 Nature Made that Mr. C just posted, even better money maker. Buy 6 minis at $14.99 B1G1, use 6 of the $5/1 and 6 of the RA $2/1, get 2 $10 UPs, for a $17 money maker. YMMV on the multiple RA coupons of course. Limit 2 UPs.I thought you can't use 2 coupons on B1G1F items. Do you need to scan the coupons before the Wellness+ card? Or is it up to the cashier?

Would you get the $10 +UP, if the total is $19.98?

sameome said:   billrubin said:   briarycliffs said:   With the new $5/1 Nature Made that Mr. C just posted, even better money maker. Buy 6 minis at $14.99 B1G1, use 6 of the $5/1 and 6 of the RA $2/1, get 2 $10 UPs, for a $17 money maker. YMMV on the multiple RA coupons of course. Limit 2 UPs.I thought you can't use 2 coupons on B1G1F items. Do you need to scan the coupons before the Wellness+ card? Or is it up to the cashier?

Would you get the $10 +UP, if the total is $19.98?


Where did the $19.98 come from? The UP is on the pre-coupon amounts. And no, as far as I know it has to be the amount or over, not a few pennies below.

briarycliffs said:   sameome said:   billrubin said:   briarycliffs said:   With the new $5/1 Nature Made that Mr. C just posted, even better money maker. Buy 6 minis at $14.99 B1G1, use 6 of the $5/1 and 6 of the RA $2/1, get 2 $10 UPs, for a $17 money maker. YMMV on the multiple RA coupons of course. Limit 2 UPs.I thought you can't use 2 coupons on B1G1F items. Do you need to scan the coupons before the Wellness+ card? Or is it up to the cashier?

Would you get the $10 +UP, if the total is $19.98?


Where did the $19.98 come from? The UP is on the pre-coupon amounts. And no, as far as I know it has to be the amount or over, not a few pennies below.


Thanks, I think the price is $19.98 each at my store.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014