Rite Aid 11/18 - 11/24

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Rite Aid 11/18-11/24
(This is just the 11/18-11/24 weekly ad. The 4-page, 3-day only Black Friday ad will be posted in a separate thread when it's available.)

Link to pdf of ad

Freebies/Near-Freebies

Reach TB pg 13
Sale 2.99....buy 2 --> (5.98)
less $2/2 IP --> (3.98)
get back 2 $1 ups (1.98)
get back 1 $2 CAT = $0.02 MM

Schick Hydro Silk pg 13
Razor Reg 11.99 (gold - 9.59)
Refill Reg 16.49 (gold - 13.19)
buy 1 of each -> 22.78
less IP Bogo refill/razor free (-9.59) = 13.19
less IP (facebook) $6/1 refill (-6.00) = 7.19
get back 2 $4ups -> $8 /lim2
$0.81MM for nearly $30 of retail goods

Sucrets Sore Throat Lozenges (18 ct.), $3
Get $2 +UP Reward (Limit 1)
$1/1 Sucrets Product, exp. 3/31/13 (SS 11/18/12)
FREE after coupon and +UP Reward!

Select Gum and Candy, 2/$2
Get $1 +UP Reward wyb 2 (Limit 4)
--Nips (4 oz.)
--Russell Stover or Whitman's Chocolates (1 to 2 oz.)
--Mentos UP2U Gum (14 ct.)
$1/3 Mentos Up2U Pack, exp. 12/9/12 (SS 10/07/12)
--Mentos Gum (35 ct.)
$1/3 Mentos Bottle, exp. 12/9/12 (SS 10/07/12)
As low as $0.17 ea. wyb 6 after coupons and +UP Rewards!

Burt’s Bees Skin and Bath Care
Spend $10, Get $5 +UP Reward – limit 2
Buy 1 Intense Hydration, Get $3 SCR – limit 2
Use $3/1 Intense Hydration coupon NLA or $1.50/1 Body Lotion (6 or 12 oz) or Hand Care products (2 oz+) coupon or also available here or $1/1 Gud from Burt’s Bees coupon
Use $3/1 Intense Hydration Rite Aid Video Values store coupon

****Deal Scenario****
Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser $9.99
Intense Hydration Day, Night or Eye Cream $17.99
Use (2) $3/1 Intense Hydration coupon NLA
Use $3/1 Intense Hydration Rite Aid Video Values store coupon
Pay $18.98, Get $10 in +UPs and submit for $6 in SCRs
$1.49 each after coupons, rewards and rebates
*These will ring up with your Wellness+ discount, so FREE + up to $2.61 overage after coupons, rewards and rebates

Thermacare (1 ct) on sale $2.99
Use $3/1 coupon
FREE after coupon

Listerine 500 ml. or Pocket Packs 72 ct.; Reach Floss and Flossers (excl. 55 yds.) or Total Care Toothbrush 1 ct. $2.99
Buy 1 Reach Floss $2.99
Use the $1/1 Reach Floss or Reach Toothbrush coupon found here
Pay $1.99
Get a $1 +Up Reward (limit 2 offers)
Get $1 back in your Saving Star account
Final cost FREE!

Thx chrashduff/sd

Member Summary

Rite Aid (24.13kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
sorry typo, it is 11/25, looks like "gift of savings" will be there this year.

junkdeal (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 2:42p) |

I used a $100 Visa GC from the Staples deal to buy two of the $50 Home Improvement GC's and got the two $20 +Ups. The va... (more)

VirginiaDC (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 3:02p) |

The site lists specific stores where it will work. I *think* when they first came out someone tried using it some place... (more)

my4mainecoons (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 9:09p) |

page 6..are those the earphones they gave away last year...now $3 after up???

MrVietnam said:   page 6..are those the earphones they gave away last year...now $3 after up???
yup and nothing free in the BF ad either

3M stuff is BOG50%. $1/1 any Command product thanks to zmaster.

my4mainecoons said:   3M stuff is BOG50%. $1/1 any Command product thanks to zmaster.

The $1 IP coupons expiring 11-30, say "can redeem one coupon per day".
The .50 IP various Command products have the same limitation but expire 12-31-12.

Here is a good deal on Cetaphil skin care products. These tend to be on the spendier side and the deals are few and far between.

Check out this deal:

Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Wash (10 oz ) priced at $15.49
Spend $15, Get $10 +UP Reward – limit 2
Use $2.50/1 coupon
Pay $12.99, Get $10 +UP
$2.99 after coupon and reward

This is the shelf price, so your Wellness+ discount will kick in. If you have either your 10% or 20% discount, you will need to add an additional product. Try this scenario if you have 20% Wellness:

Purchase:
Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Wash $12.39 after discount
Cetaphil Cleansing Bar $3.83 after discount
Use $2.50/1 coupon
Pay $13.72, Get $10 +UP
$1.86 each after coupon and reward

MrVietnam said:   Here is a good deal on Cetaphil skin care products. These tend to be on the spendier side and the deals are few and far between.

Check out this deal:

Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Wash (10 oz ) priced at $15.49
Spend $15, Get $10 +UP Reward – limit 2
Use $2.50/1 coupon
Pay $12.99, Get $10 +UP
$2.99 after coupon and reward

This is the shelf price, so your Wellness+ discount will kick in. If you have either your 10% or 20% discount, you will need to add an additional product. Try this scenario if you have 20% Wellness:

Purchase:
Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Wash $12.39 after discount
Cetaphil Cleansing Bar $3.83 after discount
Use $2.50/1 coupon
Pay $13.72, Get $10 +UP
$1.86 each after coupon and reward

cetaphil coupons gone? I don't see them.

Good news, junkdeal! There is a new $3 man Q on Cetaphil's Facebook page. It is a SmartSource coupon and you can get 2 prints per computer.

The $3.00 off Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion coupon is now available on our Coupons tab! There are only a limited number available. Hurry to redeem yours!

MrVietnam said:   Good news, junkdeal! There is a new $3 man Q on Cetaphil's Facebook page.

The $3.00 off Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion coupon is now available on our Coupons tab! There are only a limited number available. Hurry to redeem yours!

perfect grabbed one quick.
I missed the Lindt chocolate and learnt the lesson.

MrVietnam said:   Rite Aid 11/18-11/24
(This is just the 11/18-11/24 weekly ad. The 4-page, 3-day only Black Friday ad will be posted in a separate thread when it's available.)

Thermacare (1 ct) on sale $2.99
Use $3/1 coupon
FREE after coupon

Listerine 500 ml. or Pocket Packs 72 ct.; Reach Floss and Flossers (excl. 55 yds.) or Total Care Toothbrush 1 ct. $2.99
Buy 1 Reach Floss $2.99
Use the $1/1 Reach Floss or Reach Toothbrush coupon found here
Pay $1.99
Get a $1 +Up Reward (limit 2 offers)
Get $1 back in your Saving Star account
Final cost FREE!

Thx chrashduff/sd

Mr. V,

I always thought the 1 pack of thermacare was considered the "trial size". The $3/1 coupon is usually only good on non-trial size.

MISTERCHEAP said:   [ Mr. V,

I always thought the 1 pack of thermacare was considered the "trial size". The $3/1 coupon is usually only good on non-trial size.

That may very well be the case. Have you actually printed the coupon? Does it specifically exclude trial size? Does the 1-count specifically say "trial size" on it? This deal may be a YMMV.

EDIT: I just printed this coupon and it does say "Excludes trial size" on the coupon, so if the one count box specifically says "trial size" on it then the coupon is not applicable to the product on sale. Thanks for pointing that out MisterCheap.

Time to get creative. In January the ability to opt out will be gone. All +Up will be loaded. No more using +Up earned on one card on another.
SCR program is also going away.

RA sure knows how to drive away business.

my4mainecoons said:   Time to get creative. In January the ability to opt out will be gone. All +Up will be loaded. No more using +Up earned on one card on another.

Even if we have previously opted out, starting in January they will not honor our wishes anymore? Wondering if those that are already opt-out will be grandfathered or will they just ignore our request? Maybe it is about time we start ignoring them in mass and see how long they last. Yes, Rite Aid on a regular basis rolls out new anti-customer policies and continue to drive away their customers. Another thing that irks me about Rite Aid is when they say, for example, 2 for $5 on the price tag, but if you buy one it is not $2.50. CVS doesn't play that game.

Also, anyone hear if there will be a Gift of Savings this year? I tend to doubt it.

MrVietnam said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   [ Mr. V,

That may very well be the case. Have you actually printed the coupon? Does it specifically exclude trial size? Does the 1-count specifically say "trial size" on it? This deal may be a YMMV.

EDIT: I just printed this coupon and it does say "Excludes trial size" on the coupon, so if the one count box specifically says "trial size" on it then the coupon is not applicable to the product on sale. Thanks for pointing that out MisterCheap.

I was able to use the $3/1 at CVS no beeps. Box does say "trial size".

MrVietnam said:   
Even if we have previously opted out, starting in January they will not honor our wishes anymore? Wondering if those that are already opt-out will be grandfathered or will they just ignore our request? Maybe it is about time we start ignoring them in mass and see how long they last. Yes, Rite Aid on a regular basis rolls out new anti-customer policies and continue to drive away their customers. Another thing that irks me about Rite Aid is when they say, for example, 2 for $5 on the price tag, but if you buy one it is not $2.50. CVS doesn't play that game.
Yes, and then you look in the ad and the single item price is in very tiny print. And they'll have a +Up deal for it with a limit of 3, so if you only get 2 at one store, you can't get the third at the sale price. Then you've got the combined B1G1 50% off deals with +Up's that must be confusing for their everyday customer to understand. You have to wonder what they think they are doing. Maybe they figure they can confuse their customers enough so they think they are getting a good deal.

billrubin: "Maybe they figure they can confuse their customers enough so they think they are getting a good deal."
Or maybe just show them the way to the door!

MrV: "Also, anyone hear if there will be a Gift of Savings this year? "
I think they are going to call it a "Gift of Going Away" based on this mention of opt-out no longer being a choice.

If all the +UP's are L2C and the highest valued ones come off first, we have no control of using the ones expiring sooner. That's really a bad thing.

People have mentioned "clipping" and "unclipping" w/their smart phones. I sure hope that means we have some control over what comes off when.

crombie said:   MrVietnam said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   [ Mr. V,

technically, it could be rejected by a cashier. still not proper use of the coupon. (sort of like the John Freida deal post last week)

my4mainecoons said:   Time to get creative. In January the ability to opt out will be gone. All +Up will be loaded. No more using +Up earned on one card on another.

I'll also be going away from RA. total BULL SHEEP!

MISTERCHEAP said:   crombie said:   MrVietnam said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   [ Mr. V,

technically, it could be rejected by a cashier. still not proper use of the coupon. (sort of like the John Freida deal post last week)

The Thermacare MQ I used was not intentional. I went to CVS and used whatever coupons I had and when I came home to report what MQ's I used, and what I bought was what I was reporting. I did not realize until I read the RA and CVS thread that it wasn't proper use of the coupon. I also attempted to use the Cepacol coupon as zmaster stated in the CVS thread, once again without reading the restrictions. All I was stating was what I used, and what beeped alomg with the Command pdf.

MAYBE there will be a Gift of Savings this year. I bought something at Rite Aid today to spend an expiring +UP and at the bottom of my receipt printed: "As a VALUED wellness+ customer Rite Aid has a special offer for you this holiday season when you shop 11/25/12 thru 12/24/12. Check your mailbox or receipt for details."

From Mr.V post. "Schick Hydro Silk pg 13
Razor Reg 11.99 (gold - 9.59)
Refill Reg 16.49 (gold - 13.19)
buy 1 of each -> 22.78
less IP Bogo refill/razor free (-9.59) = 13.19
less IP (facebook) $6/1 refill (-6.00) = 7.19
get back 2 $4ups -> $8 /lim2
$0.81MM for nearly $30 of retail goods."
Today I did the schick hydro Silk deal and the $6 refill coupon and free razor coupon didn't go thru. The manager came and pushed it thru. She was not happy, she said she is going to send this to the "prevention manager" and she clipped both my coupons and also the 2 * $4 UPs I paid with. Any one heard of this dept.

Loss Prevention

sameome said:   If all the +UP's are L2C and the highest valued ones come off first, we have no control of using the ones expiring sooner. That's really a bad thing.

I have Load2Card on my account. Yes, the way to handle this is to "unclip" the coupons you don't want to use by going into your wellness account online.

I can share with you one issue I've been having with this method though. If you have multiple identical +UPs with different expiration dates where one is clipped and the other is unclipped, sometimes the system will reverse the clipped one with the unclipped one.

For example, I had 2 $5 +UPs from buying those Wallet Windows 2 weeks ago. One $5 +UP was expiring on 11/18 and the other one expires 11/22. I go into my account and I attempt to "unclip" the RA cosmetics +UP expiring 11/22 because I needed to use the 11/18 expiring one first. After I log into my account a few minutes later I see that RA automatically unclipped the 11/18 and clipped the 11/22 one. So I try to unclip the 11/22 one again, then clip the 11/18 one. It automatically changed it back to the other one being clipped. Finally after about 4-5 tries I was able to clip the 11/18 one and I succesfully used it before it expired. This only happens with identical +UPs from the same promotion with different expiration dates. The system is glitchy for sure in this regard, so be careful..

I'm scaling back for sure. I haven't even been to RA yet this week. I've been at CVS.

MrVietnam said:   MAYBE there will be a Gift of Savings this year. I bought something at Rite Aid today to spend an expiring +UP and at the bottom of my receipt printed: "As a VALUED wellness+ customer Rite Aid has a special offer for you this holiday season when you shop 11/25/12 thru 12/24/12. Check your mailbox or receipt for details."

sounds interesting, here's to hoping!

my4mainecoons said:   Loss Prevention
yes Maine, "loss Prevention" manager.

junkdeal said:   my4mainecoons said:   Loss Prevention

I don't know how that coupon (s) are/is coded, if the Bogo attaches itself to both items, thus making the second one beep but since you were working within RA's PUBLISHED coupon policy and have no way of knowing how a coupon scans in their system, the threat of loss prevention is pretty absurd.

Now if you were counterfeiting coupons, etc, that's another story, but it is up to the cashier to determine if a "valid" coupon is a "go" on a valid purchase. If the bogo attached itself to both items, she should have just refused to take the $6 off coupon. But you were following the 1 manu coupon per item rule that RA has.

PS- Loss Prevention will probably chew her out if she took the coupon and it wasn't a go. not you.

MISTERCHEAP said:   junkdeal said:   my4mainecoons said:   Loss Prevention

I don't know how that coupon (s) are/is coded, if the Bogo attaches itself to both items, thus making the second one beep but since you were working within RA's PUBLISHED coupon policy and have no way of knowing how a coupon scans in their system, the threat of loss prevention is pretty absurd.

Now if you were counterfeiting coupons, etc, that's another story, but it is up to the cashier to determine if a "valid" coupon is a "go" on a valid purchase. If the bogo attached itself to both items, she should have just refused to take the $6 off coupon. But you were following the 1 manu coupon per item rule that RA has.

PS- Loss Prevention will probably chew her out if she took the coupon and it wasn't a go. not you.
good to know. The Manager might have put herself in trouble then. she pushed both the coupons $6 hydro refill coupon and the free razor coupon. I don't know why she even stapled my $UP with that.

passion124 said:   sameome said:   If all the +UP's are L2C and the highest valued ones come off first, we have no control of using the ones expiring sooner. That's really a bad thing.

I have Load2Card on my account. Yes, the way to handle this is to "unclip" the coupons you don't want to use by going into your wellness account online.

I can share with you one issue I've been having with this method though. If you have multiple identical +UPs with different expiration dates where one is clipped and the other is unclipped, sometimes the system will reverse the clipped one with the unclipped one.

For example, I had 2 $5 +UPs from buying those Wallet Windows 2 weeks ago. One $5 +UP was expiring on 11/18 and the other one expires 11/22. I go into my account and I attempt to "unclip" the RA cosmetics +UP expiring 11/22 because I needed to use the 11/18 expiring one first. After I log into my account a few minutes later I see that RA automatically unclipped the 11/18 and clipped the 11/22 one. So I try to unclip the 11/22 one again, then clip the 11/18 one. It automatically changed it back to the other one being clipped. Finally after about 4-5 tries I was able to clip the 11/18 one and I succesfully used it before it expired. This only happens with identical +UPs from the same promotion with different expiration dates. The system is glitchy for sure in this regard, so be careful..

I'm scaling back for sure. I haven't even been to RA yet this week. I've been at CVS.

That's sounds a lot of work.

When should the Catalina for the Reach toothbrushes print out? I tried to buy two tonight, but no Catalina printed and the manager said she as sure it should have printed as soon as the items scanned. The printer was working as it printed a Thermacare coupon (I did not buy that). I had them void out the order since I didn't want to take a chance as I was paying with +Up's. I know that at supermarkets, the Catalina typically prints after the order is totalled, but I've never done a deal like this at RA since my stores did not have the machines until recently.

my4mainecoons said:   Time to get creative. In January the ability to opt out will be gone. All +Up will be loaded.

I contacted Rite Aid and they responded: "The option to opt-out of Load2Card will not be discontinued. Customers will continue to have the option to switch to paper +UPs in 2013."

MrVietnam said:   my4mainecoons said:   Time to get creative. In January the ability to opt out will be gone. All +Up will be loaded.

I contacted Rite Aid and they responded: "The option to opt-out of Load2Card will not be discontinued. Customers will continue to have the option to switch to paper +UPs in 2013."

Glad to hear. I almost decided to quit shopping with RA because of this.

BTW in my receipt it says " as a valued customer RA has special offer just for you this holiday from 11/12 thru 12/24 check you mailbox or receipt for details".

junkdeal said:   BTW in my receipt it says " as a valued customer RA has special offer just for you this holiday from 11/12 thru 12/24 check you mailbox or receipt for details".

Hmmm...my receipt a couple days ago said the dates were 11/25 thru 12/24. 11/25 is this Sunday. I wonder why we got different dates?

MrVietnam said:   junkdeal said:   BTW in my receipt it says " as a valued customer RA has special offer just for you this holiday from 11/12 thru 12/24 check you mailbox or receipt for details".

Hmmm...my receipt a couple days ago said the dates were 11/25 thru 12/24. 11/25 is this Sunday. I wonder why we got different dates?

sorry typo, it is 11/25, looks like "gift of savings" will be there this year.

I used a $100 Visa GC from the Staples deal to buy two of the $50 Home Improvement GC's and got the two $20 +Ups. The vague wording on the card seems to imply that the cards might be used anywhere Discover Card is accepted.

VirginiaDC said:   I used a $100 Visa GC from the Staples deal to buy two of the $50 Home Improvement GC's and got the two $20 +Ups. The vague wording on the card seems to imply that the cards might be used anywhere Discover Card is accepted.
The site lists specific stores where it will work. I *think* when they first came out someone tried using it some place like Kmart and it didn't work.
I used a $100 HI gc today at Lowe's. I bought $50 in gas cards and a $50 Staples gc.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014