Rite Aid 12/2 - 12/8

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
nicknametaken said:   ETA: Forgot to mention my store believes MFR CPNS used, and sometimes UPS used, are gone forever when it comes time for a return!Isn't that standard RA policy?

billrubin said:   nicknametaken said:   ETA: Forgot to mention my store believes MFR CPNS used, and sometimes UPS used, are gone forever when it comes time for a return!Isn't that standard RA policy?

Manufacturer coupons, yes. +UPs, no. You are entitled to get +UPs paid back to you.

billrubin said:   nicknametaken said:   ETA: Forgot to mention my store believes MFR CPNS used, and sometimes UPS used, are gone forever when it comes time for a return!Isn't that standard RA policy?I don't know if it is their policy or not. It seems kind of impossible to know RA's policy on ANYTHING anymore!!

At another of my RA stores it seems everyone there seems to handle a return that had a MFR CPN used by giving a credit in the amount charged, pre-coupon. In fact, it was two of their managers who even said the obvious in that the store still receives the full cpn amt. That store also places the UPS amount on a store GC. While you get the benefit of using those UPS dollars as quickly or as slowly as you like, receiving the CPN and UPS amount seems to be fair to me.

I'll have to see if this is addressed in their cpn policy somewhere.

nicknametaken said:    I'll have to see if this is addressed in their cpn policy somewhere.

Straight from the horse's mouth (the RA Coupon Acceptance policy):

When making a return for a product that had a coupon attached, Rite Aid cannot refund cash for the value of the coupon and cannot return the coupon that was used.

MrVietnam said:   nicknametaken said:    I'll have to see if this is addressed in their cpn policy somewhere.

Straight from the horse's mouth (the RA Coupon Acceptance policy):

When making a return for a product that had a coupon attached, Rite Aid cannot refund cash for the value of the coupon and cannot return the coupon that was used.

doesn't say they can't refund it on a merchandise credit however! that's what my store does, fine with me.

OK MrV. Thanks for posting that part of the policy. But the store still gets the MFR CPN dollar amount on the item they didn't sell? Plus their handling fee?

Now about the fragrances BOGO 1/2 get $10 UPS. I was in a hurry and couldn't find the $7.50 to $10 range items I was hoping for. A clerk overheard us talking about the $10 ups and said the ups is only on the ones pictured in the ad. Is that true? The shelf signs and ad states ALL FRAGRANCES $7.50 to $26.50--not just ones shown. He said they were having complaints all day yesterday about UPS not being issued on non-pictured ones.

nicknametaken said:    Now about the fragrances BOGO 1/2 get $10 UPS. I was in a hurry and couldn't find the $7.50 to $10 range items I was hoping for. A clerk overheard us talking about the $10 ups and said the ups is only on the ones pictured in the ad. Is that true? The shelf signs and ad states --not just ones shown. He said they were having complaints all day yesterday about UPS not being issued on non-pictured ones.

The clerks are wrong. The $10 +UP is for ALL FRAGRANCES $7.50 to $26.50 (not just the ones pictured in the ad).

The $7.50 variety is Jovan Musk and the $7.99 variety is called White Shoulders (it is mini-size 0.25 ounces).

Found a nice little MM today:

Some Almay eyeshadows are 75% off. (Intense, few mascaras and eyeliners)

$1.87 each- $1 almay product 11/18 SS= $.87oop and submit for $2 Almay Dec.SCR

You can submit up to 6 $2 SCR for a $6.78 MM!

Even without a coupon, it is FREE after SCR.

If you need to roll UPs then the Dec monthly makes for free Pentel pencils for Up rolling

Lots of them for 4.99 => 3.99gold and get back 4up ... Limit 4

The Pentel deal (4.99 => 3.99gold => 4up Limit 4) is tracking funny.

I bought 3 on one card (plus limit-? Pentel Gel pen) yesterday and the Limit Reached tiny print came up.
I bought 2 on another card (plus limit-? Pentel Gel pen) and the Limit Reached notification came up at the bottom of the receipt.

Be advised.

MrVietnam said:   If you need to roll UPs then the Dec monthly makes for free Pentel pencils for Up rolling

The Pentel deal (4.99 => 3.99gold => 4up Limit 4) is tracking funny.

I bought 3 on one card (plus limit-? Pentel Gel pen) yesterday and the Limit Reached tiny print came up.
I bought 2 on another card (plus limit-? Pentel Gel pen) and the Limit Reached notification came up at the bottom of the receipt.

Be advised.

can you provide the UPC are these mechanical pencils?

MrVietnam said:   Found a nice little MM today:

Some Almay eyeshadows are 75% off. (Intense, few mascaras and eyeliners)

$1.87 each- $1 almay product 11/18 SS= $.87oop and submit for $2 Almay Dec.SCR

You can submit up to 6 $2 SCR for a $6.78 MM!

thanks for the HU. Just ordered Almay coupons: $1.25 for 20.

our last SCR's...

Pears transparent soap value pack 3 ct., on sale $2.29, buy 1 get $2 upr, limit 4 => $0.29 each pack containing 3 soaps

upc 8 90103 00502 2

Lots of Clairol reg 8.99 at 75% off Clearance = 2.24
PG 11/25 $2 Q
SS 11/11 $2 Q

junkdeal said:   can you provide the UPC are these mechanical pencils?

Just look for the items that are tagged at the store. The store I went to yesterday, had only selected Pentel items tagged, mostly the 0.7mm and 0.9mm pencils for the $4+UP.. Only 1 of the 0.5mm (reg. retail $7.49) was tagged for the $4+UP. Debating whether I want to get the 0.7mm or 0.9mm, since I use 0.5mm more.

Anyone different on what items were tagged for the Pentel Monthly+UP?

Thanks for HU on the monthly deals.
Just want to suggest that folks not jump on these right away. I'm not buying them until next week because I'll need "fillers".
eg Next week Accuchek Nano is on sale for $10 off. Reg. price $19.99 or $20.99. Use $10/1 manufacturers coupon (7-29 RP), $5/1 Nov. vv or $5/1 from Diabetes book for $5 overage AND it counts towards the $10 wyb $50 Diabetes +Up. Meter coupons are cheap: $1.79/20 w/ FS. I've been thinking about what to do w/ the $5 overage and Pentel, Pears soap, etc. will work nicely.
I realize buying meters isn't everyone's thing but there will be other times between now and January where you might need a filler so why use these "up" before then?

I am down to one lonely $10 +Up and am looking for ways to break it. After next week will have a bunch of $10 HI +Up to break. The monthly +Up are good for that too.

In front of fragrance case now. Some other low priced ones:

skin musk oil .5 oz. $10.79
sexiest Musk $9.99
primo $9.49
elizabeh Arden red door. $10.99
Stetson marked half off at$8.50
sunflowers $9.99
wind Song $9.99

I know some of these were mentioned but having trouble loading entire thread.

MrVietnam said:   junkdeal said:   can you provide the UPC are these mechanical pencils?

Just look for the items that are tagged at the store. The store I went to yesterday, had only selected Pentel items tagged, mostly the 0.7mm and 0.9mm pencils for the $4+UP.. Only 1 of the 0.5mm (reg. retail $7.49) was tagged for the $4+UP. Debating whether I want to get the 0.7mm or 0.9mm, since I use 0.5mm more.

Anyone different on what items were tagged for the Pentel Monthly+UP?

Thanks Mr.V. I picked 3 * .7 MM and got the maximum limit reached.

BTW
I got $3 up WYB thermacare 2 or 3 count. I combined that with the $2 catalina coupon printed before.
Deal - $5.59 (20%) - $3 -$2 = $.59 not free, but this is something I need.
but when the CS used the $3 UP coupon it was telling I need $3 more to buy to use this. CS had to push this thru. Manager said she is going to call and find out why this is not working.
This is the first coupon I gave to begin with. Any idea why?

Also it didn't track "holiday gift promo" points system temporarily unavailable message in the receipt.

when a RA coupon (or in this case an +Up) gives the "must spend X amt more" message, have the cashier type in the first 11 digits instead. That will usually work.

my4mainecoons said:   when a RA coupon (or in this case an +Up) gives the "must spend X amt more" message, have the cashier type in the first 11 digits instead. That will usually work.
ok, I will ask them to try next time. I have one more coupon like that.

nicknametaken said:   In front of fragrance case now. Some other low priced ones:

skin musk oil .5 oz. $10.79
sexiest Musk $9.99
primo $9.49
elizabeh Arden red door. $10.99
Stetson marked half off at$8.50
sunflowers $9.99
wind Song $9.99

I know some of these were mentioned but having trouble loading entire thread.

cheapest I found was the Jovan Body Spray (White Bottle) $7.50, only $1.25 for the two bottles a up.

MrVietnam said:   If you need to roll UPs then the Dec monthly makes for free Pentel pencils for Up rolling

I wish they would round these up. $3.99 is a pain when you're trying to use $4 +Up's. I had some $1.99 +Up's from the BF deals and felt like I had to save them for cases like this rather than just spending them when I needed $2.

billrubin said:   MrVietnam said:   If you need to roll UPs then the Dec monthly makes for free Pentel pencils for Up rolling

I wish they would round these up. $3.99 is a pain when you're trying to use $4 +Up's. I had some $1.99 +Up's from the BF deals and felt like I had to save them for cases like this rather than just spending them when I needed $2.

have you gone mad BILLRUBIN???? Rite Aid give you an extra penny you're not entitled to????? Just the thought of such a thing is preposterous!!

junkdeal said:    Thanks Mr.V. I picked 3 * .7 MM and got the maximum limit reached.

That's strange. I jut picked up 4 * .7 and I got back all 4 $4 +UPs. I wonder if I can buy 4 * .9 and get 4 more $4 +UPs, or if the limit is 4 of any Pentel and not product specific. Anyone try?

no Almay on clearance in my area, checked 2 stores. wonder if it's regional Mr V?

I did price check one of the eye shadows, full price.

MISTERCHEAP said:   no Almay on clearance in my area, checked 2 stores. wonder if it's regional Mr V?

I did price check one of the eye shadows, full price.

Only few flavors are clearance in my store.

MrVietnam said:   junkdeal said:    Thanks Mr.V. I picked 3 * .7 MM and got the maximum limit reached.

That's strange. I jut picked up 4 * .7 and I got back all 4 $4 +UPs. I wonder if I can buy 4 * .9 and get 4 more $4 +UPs, or if the limit is 4 of any Pentel and not product specific. Anyone try?

In my second card I bought one .7 and one .9 mm and got the limit reached message.
I think you have to buy one shot all 4 of them to avoid getting in to issues.

MISTERCHEAP said:   have you gone mad BILLRUBIN???? Rite Aid give you an extra penny you're not entitled to????? Just the thought of such a thing is preposterous!!Hey, I am happy to give CVS an extra penny at times to avoid having to go out of pocket 99c instead of using a $1 ECB. Sadly RA's stupid system does not give the cashier that option.

thank you for posting this

So it seems like there's no reason to go to RA tomorrow if I don't have +up's expiring this week, right? I haven't been all week. The Pentel stuff will work next week and give me an extra week of sales to use them against.

MrVietnam said:   junkdeal said:    Thanks Mr.V. I picked 3 * .7 MM and got the maximum limit reached.

To answer my own question, once you get 4 of one kind (all in one transaction) and get your 4 $4 +UPs, you have reached your limit and even if you buy another Pentel item you won't get anymore +UPs on that Wellness card. I tried to buy 2 * .9 Pentels today and no +UPs printed because I bought 4 * .7 earlier in the day.

Here is a list of the UPCs that are free after +UP and Gold Wellness:

Pentel 0.9 mm pencil with eraser (UPC: 072512 234112)
Pentel 0.9 mm pencil with free pen (UPC: 072512 234112)
Pentel 0.7 mm pencil (UPC: 072512 228661)

One variety of the Titan brand of hairbrushes was $4.17 and had a tag for $3 UP. Would be cheap with gold status.

billrubin said:   So it seems like there's no reason to go to RA tomorrow if I don't have +up's expiring this week, right? I haven't been all week. The Pentel stuff will work next week and give me an extra week of sales to use them against.

I still have the 25% off wellness discount coupon printed on an old receipt. It said "Thank you for getting a flu shot. 25% off shopping pass" It expires on 12/8/12. I'm thinking I might go tomorrow to get those pens. Pay $3.74, get back $4 +UP with the flu shot coupon. $.26 MM per pack. There were better opportunities for me to use this coupon, but for whatever reason I didn't use it.

MrVietnam said:   Here is a list of the UPCs that are free after +UP and Gold Wellness:

Pentel 0.9 mm pencil with eraser (UPC: 072512 234112)
Pentel 0.9 mm pencil with free pen (UPC: 072512 234112)

The ones generated for me.

Pentel 0.9 mm pencil (UPC: 072512 234273)
Pentel 0.7 mm pencil (UPC: 072512 234266)

very good product, first got 2, went back to buy 2 more : Village Naturals Therapy Aches&Pains Relief Foaming bath oil & bodywash and Mineral Bath Soak with Eucalyptus&Menthol , on sale $6.39 gold, Buy $10 get $5 UpR, so $3.89 each

Village Naturals Aches & Pain Relief Bath Scrub or Bath Oil & Body Wash $8.29
Total After $1 Off Regular Retail = $7.29
Buy 3 at $7.29 each
Pay $21.87
Get 2 $5 +Up Reward when you buy $10 worth (limit 4 offers; valid thru 12/29/12)
Final Cost $11.87 (just $3.96 each!)
* Seems like a great deal as these same Bath Salts sell for $6.95 on Amazon.com with 4 star ratings by over 50 reviewers

I'm guessing the green bars of Pears oil-clear soap does not trigger a $2 UPS nor does the register take one dollar off the reg. price of $3.29 as does the yellow transparent bars. I bought two boxes of each and recd only two $2 ups. Two on one card and two on another.

Also, does anyone know if the $4 Pentel ups will print on the packs that are $4.29 each, less with gold card? My store had no tags up at all. I have to go back to spend $24 in ups that were loaded to card I hadn't remembered and they expire tonite!

nicknametaken said:   I'm guessing the green bars of Pears oil-clear soap does not trigger a $2 UPS nor does the register take one dollar off the reg. price of $3.29 as does the yellow transparent bars. I bought two boxes of each and recd only two $2 ups. Two on one card and two on another.

Also, does anyone know if the $4 Pentel ups will print on the packs that are $4.29 each, less with gold card? My store had no tags up at all. I have to go back to spend $24 in ups that were loaded to card I hadn't remembered and they expire tonite!

You are correct. The Pear soap sale is only for the yellow transparent bars. The green ones are regular price AND do not produce monthly +UPs.

At the regular-priced stores, the yellow bars cost $3.29 but are on sale for $2.29. I went to a higher-priced Rite Aid and the yellow bars were $3.49 (on sale for $2.49).

As for the monthly Pentel +UPs, I am not sure if the $4 +UP would print on $4.29 ones. I would play it safe and buy the ones with the UPC numbers in this thread that are confirmed to produce the $4 +UP. Be safe and buy the ones that are $4.99 ($3.99 after Gold) and get your $4 +UP that way. If you want to risk it, you could always buy the others and if no +UP is generated then just return them and get the "right" ones.

the trimmer
Disclaimer
Pretty HOT deal:

Finished up my deals for the week...among those already listed I did this:

(2) Philips Norelco All in 1 complete grooming solution 7 pieces : $31.98 (gold) used 2 coupons for $10 off ANY Norelco electric razor (IP found at targets website) and got back 10+up

(UPC 0 75020 18306 4)

$31.98 - 20 (IP) - 10 +up = $1.98 for 2 cordless razors.

nicknametaken said:   

That would be a no. I tried that one and now have to take it back.

MrVietnam said:   Pears transparent soap value pack 3 ct., on sale $2.29, buy 1 get $2 upr, limit 4 => $0.29 each pack containing 3 soaps

upc 8 90103 00502 2

MrVietnam said:   nicknametaken said:   I'm guessing the green bars of Pears oil-clear soap does not trigger a $2 UPS nor does the register take one dollar off the reg. price of $3.29 as does the yellow transparent bars. I bought two boxes of each and recd only two $2 ups. Two on one card and two on another.

You are correct. The Pear soap sale is only for the yellow transparent bars. The green ones are regular price AND do not produce monthly +UPs.

At the regular-priced stores, the yellow bars cost $3.29 but are on sale for $2.29. I went to a higher-priced Rite Aid and the yellow bars were $3.49 (on sale for $2.49).

Is Pears limit 2 or 4?
Edit - Nevermind. Misread. Limit 4.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014