• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Von's/Pavillions in SoCal-Purchase $100 in Gift Cards, Get $10 Von's Grocery Voucher
I posted it last week, but...

It is in the Von's home page sliding ads.

http://www.vons.com/ShopStores/Gift-Cards-Holiday.page?

Member Summary

vons
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find OP but there are 2 potential issues people need to be aware of :
1. Your second Vons trip requires a $50 minimum purchase to use the $10 off coupon.(Usually not a problem these days)
2. Gift cards usually carry fees for purchase so it might very well be you need to buy $100 worth of gift cards that could conceivably cost you MORE than $110 in which case this would actually be a net loss.

bugsie said:   Good find OP but there are 2 potential issues people need to be aware of :
1. Your second Vons trip requires a $50 minimum purchase to use the $10 off coupon.(Usually not a problem these days)
2. Gift cards usually carry fees for purchase so it might very well be you need to buy $100 worth of gift cards that could conceivably cost you MORE than $110 in which case this would actually be a net loss.

Other than Visa or Mastercard, which cards carry fees for purchase? I buy Staples, Starbucks, Disneyland, Amazon, iTunes, and all sorts of other giftcards at Vons, and I've never been charged any fees on their purchase.

The $50 minimum purchase requirement OTOH actually is a big deal for me. I wasn't aware of that, and I almost never exceed that in one trip (not cooking for a family). Still, the 4X gas rewards on this might still make it worth it to me, depending on what other deals are out there (you get 40 cents per gallon off your next fill up with a $100 GC purchase).

Visa/Mastercard charge an up front fee for sure. Definitely some others usually carry some sort of penalty for inactivity (ex. use part of it one month then not the next and lose some value anyway due to "inactivity"). YMMV as always.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014