CVS 1/6 - 1/12

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I had an interesting thing happen to me today. I was at a CVS buying some Ajax dish washing liquid and Coke to get a 3rd $10 CVS money card (on a 3rd Extra Care card) and after I used my ECBs I attempted to use the 2 $10 money cards I earned on two different cards to pay for the rest of the purchase. The first money card worked fine, but when I tried to use the second money card (which was actually a $10 gift card -- that is what they issued me instead of a money card), it wouldn't accept it and gave the cashier the following error message:

"Attention Valued Customer:

Due to a technical issue, we are unable to process your CVS Gift Card. We apologize for any inconvenience. This matter will be referred to our Customer Relations Department for further research. To speak to a CVS Customer Relations Representative about this matter, please call 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287). Please reference Gift Card Code XXXXXXX when speaking to a Customer Service Agent.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

What do you think that is about? I called the automated system and it says I have $10 on the card. I haven't tried to use the gift card again, but I think I will try and if still won't let me use it then I will have to call CVS to find out what is going on. I hope they are not blocking me from using it for some reason. Maybe it is programmed to know that I am not using the same Extra Care card that I did when I got the gift card in the first place, but I don't see why that should matter.

Another interesting thing, is the bottle of Ajax dish washing soap has now been reduced to 14 ounces. I still have some I bought either last year or the year before at this time and they were 16 ounce bottles. I noticed the Dawn dish washing liquid that was on sale last week is only 9 ounces, but yet sells for the same price as Ajax.

MISTERCHEAP said:   c3 said:   Does $4 off $20 coupon work with $19.99 purchase, or do I need a filler?

it should work at $19.99

It did work at $19.99. However, the cashier last night insisted on NOT scanning the coupon when my purchase was $19.8x, not meeting the $20 requirement, so I added a free-after-coupon protein bar.

c3 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   c3 said:   Does $4 off $20 coupon work with $19.99 purchase, or do I need a filler?

it should work at $19.99

It did work at $19.99. However, the cashier last night insisted on NOT scanning the coupon when my purchase was $19.8x, not meeting the $20 requirement, so I added a free-after-coupon protein bar.

How could you know if the $4/$20 worked if the cashier insisted on NOT scanning it. Did he scan it then void it out or what?

MrVietnam said:   How could you know if the $4/$20 worked if the cashier insisted on NOT scanning it. Did he scan it then void it out or what?

a different purchase on Sunday

one store had Banana nut cheerios on clearance for $1.04. bought 3 (don't forget the $1/3 man q), and got $3 EB.

MrVietnam said:   I had an interesting thing happen to me today. I was at a CVS buying some Ajax dish washing liquid and Coke to get a 3rd $10 CVS money card (on a 3rd Extra Care card) and after I used my ECBs I attempted to use the 2 $10 money cards I earned on two different cards to pay for the rest of the purchase. The first money card worked fine, but when I tried to use the second money card (which was actually a $10 gift card -- that is what they issued me instead of a money card), it wouldn't accept it and gave the cashier the following error message:

"Attention Valued Customer:

Due to a technical issue, we are unable to process your CVS Gift Card. We apologize for any inconvenience. This matter will be referred to our Customer Relations Department for further research. To speak to a CVS Customer Relations Representative about this matter, please call 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287). Please reference Gift Card Code XXXXXXX when speaking to a Customer Service Agent.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

What do you think that is about? I called the automated system and it says I have $10 on the card. I haven't tried to use the gift card again, but I think I will try and if still won't let me use it then I will have to call CVS to find out what is going on. I hope they are not blocking me from using it for some reason. Maybe it is programmed to know that I am not using the same Extra Care card that I did when I got the gift card in the first place, but I don't see why that should matter.

I was able to use my gift card at another store without incident. Evidently for some reason the machine where I swiped the card at checkout had a hard time reading the magnetic strip at one store, but it worked fine at other stores. So the cash cards/gift cards aren't programmed to know or care which Extra Care card you were using as how it should be.

Just a reminder to get rainchecks for the Bayer A1C or USB meter today before the free meter deal is over. It is an easy way to make free money, rarely is it quite this easy.

MrVietnam said:   Another option is to save the 12-pack coupons if you have a Vons nearby. Occasionally they have a buy 2 12-packs get 3 12-packs free promotion.
one problem with that is they set the price to $5.99 during that promo, so you're paying $2 OOP on top of the $1.50/pk tax. Almost $10 in tax + penalties, about equal to the cpn savings from the 2 MCRs, so it's net 50% off, instead of free.
Using them at CVS however, the $4.99 vs $3 overage gets applied to the crv. I havent decided which way to go yet.

knickdigger said:   MrVietnam said:   Another option is to save the 12-pack coupons if you have a Vons nearby. Occasionally they have a buy 2 12-packs get 3 12-packs free promotion.
one problem with that is they set the price to $5.99 during that promo, so you're paying $2 OOP on top of the $1.50/pk tax. Almost $10 in tax + penalties, about equal to the cpn savings from the 2 MCRs, so it's net 50% off, instead of free.
Using them at CVS however, the $4.99 vs $3 overage gets applied to the crv. I havent decided which way to go yet.

I have only been able to have the $4.99 apply at CVS and get the overage one time. Every other time the coupon beeps and the cashier enters the price I actually paid.

MrVietnam said:   knickdigger said:   MrVietnam said:   Another option is to save the 12-pack coupons if you have a Vons nearby. Occasionally they have a buy 2 12-packs get 3 12-packs free promotion.

I have only been able to have the $4.99 apply at CVS and get the overage one time. Every other time the coupon beeps and the cashier enters the price I actually paid.

The overage can only be applied to other coke products in the same transaction. I'm not sure if overage can be applied to coke 2-Liters or if it's just 12-packs. No overage for other non-soda items, or crv though. You can pay the CRV with extra bucks though.

I used 4 of the MCR coupons at CVS last week. I bought 4 in a transaction (2.98*4 = $11.92) and used 2 of the coupons making it $1.93 + $2.40 CRV for 4 packs. I repeated that same transaction the next day. The cokes were part of the gift card deal, so after I bought 2 tresemme with 2x $1.75 peelies and the $2 tresemme CRT, I got my OOP back with a $10 CVS gift card.

If you want even lower OOP, you can buy 7 coke 12 packs in one transaction and use 4 MCR coupons.. 7x $2.98 - 4x $4.99 = $.90 + $4.20 CRV. You'll have $20.86 towards the CVS Cash card deal. I guess it's YMMV if the cashier is going to adjust the coupons down. If you have enough extra cokes in the transaction you'll have a better chance of having the coupons sail through.

passion124 said:   The overage can only be applied to other coke products in the same transaction. I'm not sure if overage can be applied to coke 2-Liters or if it's just 12-packs. No overage for other non-soda items, or crv though. You can pay the CRV with extra bucks though.1-2 weeks ago, i used some hangtag B4G1F cpns for $0.99 Pepsi 2L. When I used 4x $1/off cpns, plus the hangtag valued at $1.79, my total OOP was 4 cents for 5 bottles -- tax + crv + everything. I assumed these MCR "Free at max $4.99" would also eat up the tax/crv. I guess I'll just have to try it to find out. Maybe next week when Cokes are $2.50 (allegedly).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.