Rite Aid 1/20 - 1/26

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
my4mainecoons said:   junkdeal said:   MrVietnam said:   The coupon buy 4 of certain post cereals get milk free auto took off $3.99, I only paid $3.19 for the gallon of milk.
did you use the 4 * $1 coupon along with this?

I *think* his point was that he got overage because the free milk coupon took off $3.99 and not $3.19.
My cashier didn't know how to handle the milk coupon so AM did it, printed out receipt saw the milk was $2.39 and carefully put the coupon in for $2.39. No overage for me.
I only had one insert w/ the cereal coupons so I got 1 Shredded Wheat, 1 Grape Nuts, 2 Great Grains and a gallon of milk.
Used $1/1 Shredded Wheat, $1/1 Grape Nuts (both from 1-13 SS), 2 $1/2 Post Cereals from flu book and the free milk wyb 4 healthy Post cereals coupon.
Paid $6 in +Up, got back $2, $2. So $2 net for the milk & 4 cereal because I didn't have more cereal coupons.
I would have been buying milk anyway so the way I look at it is that I saved $0.39 on milk and got 4 boxes of cereal in the process.

I gave the Milk coupon first it took of $3.99. but when I gave 3 shredded wheat and 1 Grape nuts coupons it beeped. Manager had to manually push all of them thru. So I doubt these can't be combined.

Mr.V, which one did you give first Milk or the cereal coupons?

junkdeal said:    Mr.V, which one did you give first Milk or the cereal coupons?

I bought two Post Grape Nuts and 2 Post Great Grains cereals. One of the Great Grains cereals had a Rite Aid $1 freshness peelie on it that I used.

I used the freshness $1 coupon first, then the milk coupon, then I used 2 $1/1 Post Grape Nuts coupons (in that order). The last Grape Nuts coupon beeped but the other coupons went through fine.

For some odd reason, even though I bought 4 Post cereals I only got 1 $2 +UP back, so I called customer service and spend about 20 minutes on the phone with a customer service representative and in the end she agreed to send me out my missing $2 +UP.

MrVietnam said:   junkdeal said:    Mr.V, which one did you give first Milk or the cereal coupons?

I bought two Post Grape Nuts and 2 Post Great Grains cereals. One of the Great Grains cereals had a Rite Aid $1 freshness peelie on it that I used.

I used the freshness $1 coupon first, then the milk coupon, then I used 2 $1/1 Post Grape Nuts coupons (in that order). The last Grape Nuts coupon beeped but the other coupons went through fine.

For some odd reason, even though I bought 4 Post cereals I only got 1 $2 +UP back, so I called customer service and spend about 20 minutes on the phone with a customer service representative and in the end she agreed to send me out my missing $2 +UP.

That $2 +Up from CS should have expiration date 2-28-13 and be a RC48

my4mainecoons said:    That $2 +Up from CS should have expiration date 2-28-13 and be a RC48

Gotta love those tax eating RC48 +UPs. Wish I had a bigger supply of them. That is another reason why I like those freshness peelies as those are RC48 and "tax eating" also.

Yup. I've been rationing my RA50 +Up. Saving them for tax-heavy transactions like Cover Girl, Tresemme & picture frames last week.

Funny thing tonight. Went into my store that's converting to Wellness. AM had just bought a frame for 75% off and was surprised when a $4 +Up printed. They had a table at front of the stores w/ all sorts of stuff-- I showed him the baby frame ($1.24 at 75% off) and told him that would get him a $2, showed him the 4x6 moch wood and told him if he could find a 5x7 that would give him a $6, etc. SM said "gee, maybe I should buy some frames."

MrVietnam said:   my4mainecoons said:    That $2 +Up from CS should have expiration date 2-28-13 and be a RC48

Gotta love those tax eating RC48 +UPs. Wish I had a bigger supply of them. That is another reason why I like those freshness peelies as those are RC48 and "tax eating" also.

interesting, in my state the RC 48/49's BOTH reduce the tax.

Buy 3 Simplify Glass Cleaner, $1.00 each (.80 w/gold)
Pay: $3.00 ($2.40)
Get: $1.00 UPR
as low as $0.66 each after UPR wyb 3 (.47 ea w/gold)

MISTERCHEAP said:   interesting, in my state the RC 48/49's BOTH reduce the tax.So do manufacturers coupons!

just a reminder that RA50-Jan ends tomorrow.

Just called cs for the 2nd time re: sharpies. I was told the first time that the system would take 24 hours to update and on my next purchase the $20 +up would print on my receipt. I tried that after 48 hours no +up printed. I called cs again today giving the transaction #'s again etc and was told that they would mail out the $20 +up but it would take 2 to 3 weeks. The saga continues.

The $4 +Up for $4.99 pencil ($3.99 Gold) is still no limit, right? I may buy more tomorrow if I cannot find the L'Oreal stuff or have problems with the coupons. Have not been to RA this week because I wanted to wait to get to a tax-free coupon state.

billrubin said:   The $4 +Up for $4.99 pencil ($3.99 Gold) is still no limit, right? I may buy more tomorrow if I cannot find the L'Oreal stuff or have problems with the coupons. Have not been to RA this week because I wanted to wait to get to a tax-free coupon state.
Pentel $4 +Up is still no limit. I don't think Pentel counts towards RA50 so not sure why you're buying unless its because you're in DE.

Found a great clearance shelf item today: Maxell DVD+R 25 ct spindle pack. Reg price $19.99, green stickered for $9.99. Counted towards RA50 and generated the $10 Maxell USB +Up (limit 4).
Also found Maxell ear buds reg. $14.99, green stickered for $7.49. They counted towards RA50 and generated the $5 Maxell +Up (limit 2). Yeah, I paid $2.49 for ear buds but they'll be great in Christmas stockings.
Both the DVD's and the ear buds rang up full price and had to be price modified.
Between DVD's, ear buds and Sure, I got 3 cards to their next $10 RA50. I need $1.24 to earn another $10 RA50 +Up and then I think I'm done w/ this promo.

my4mainecoons said:   

Found a great clearance shelf item today: Maxell DVD+R 25 ct spindle pack. Reg price $19.99, green stickered for $9.99. Counted towards RA50 and generated the $10 Maxell USB +Up (limit 4).

Do you know if the Maxell CD packs are included in this +UP offer?
I found a 50pack CD clearanced for $9.99 but didn't buy it as I couldn't find any info on this UP offer in this week's circular.

TheLurker said:   my4mainecoons said:   

Do you know if the Maxell CD packs are included in this +UP offer?
I found a 50pack CD clearanced for $9.99 but didn't buy it as I couldn't find any info on this UP offer in this week's circular.

The offer isn't in the circular its a shelf tag for the sales month of January which ends today. In my store they started taking down the tags earlier today.
The 50-ct Maxell CD's reg price $24.99 should generate a $10 +Up and count towards RA50.

my4mainecoons said:   billrubin said:   The $4 +Up for $4.99 pencil ($3.99 Gold) is still no limit, right? I may buy more tomorrow if I cannot find the L'Oreal stuff or have problems with the coupons. Have not been to RA this week because I wanted to wait to get to a tax-free coupon state.
Pentel $4 +Up is still no limit. I don't think Pentel counts towards RA50 so not sure why you're buying unless its because you're in DE.

So to answer your question, it was because I wasn't planning to get up to the $100 as I have not been buying much at RA this month (trying to keep my +Up's down). I really just wanted to make sure I could roll my +Up's. Anyway, went to CT today (where coupons are not taxable) and the first RA I went to had no circulars! They had a few of the L'Oreal and I thought there were enough to do the deal but to be honest should have bought them to have in case I found them at another RA. Then I went to anther RA. They had circulars but none of the cheap L'Oreal products. So I took 6 circulars, then went back to the first store (I should have tried another store in the middle of the two, but my experience was that they were not particularly coupon friendly.

So I get back to store #1 and they only have 4 of the $7.29/7.99 RA products. After considering driving back to the store in the middle, I finally decided to jut buy a $16.99 product, since it would allow me to get the $10 rebate and would end up being free. So I bought them, and much to my surprise, I got the RA50 $20 +Up as a result of buying that item (it put me $12 over and had rung up at $13.59). So, it worked out OK. I could have tried to find them at a NY store for more of the cheaper ones, but I figured it would have cost me another $3 in sales tax since all of the coupons would have been taxable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014