• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
my4mainecoons said:   passion124 said:   MrVietnam said:   

FYI For those of you who have the February issue of All You Magazine there is also a $3.00 coupon in there.

Thank you for this. I only had one coupon from inserts. As I was gathering all of my All You magazine's for donation, I remembered this post. I had to try several stores before finding two of the products on the shelf, but ended up a $6 MM..

Public Service Announcement:
If you are giving the towelettes to someone, make sure they understand that they are NOT cleansing wipes and they should not be used where one would think one would use a Poise product.

My stores have been wiped out of them from day 2. (I was not able to make it to the stores on day 1 of the sale.) I will go back today to see if they have restocked yet, but doubtful. Maine, you got me curious. Where exactly are these wipes be used?

EDIT: Ok. I figured it out. I Googled it:

The Poise Cooling Towelettes are made for swabbing your neck and other areas of your body that are afflicted by hot flashes. In teeny tiny print on the back of the package it clearly states not for use in the intimate areas.

MrVietnam said:   In teeny tiny print on the back of the package it clearly states not for use in the intimate areas.
You would think they'd put something like this in LARGE print. Some ladies found out the hard way. I can't imagine this product is going to be around for very long-- or at the very least they'll change its name.

My stores got more stock in on the Laci tea..

Bought 10 Laci Tea $4.23 each (gold)
-$10 (10x $1) coupons from allyou.com
=$32.30 get back $40 +UPs (2x $20)
$6.70 MM

I split it up into two transactions. 5 yesterday, and 5 today. Used the $20 +UP from yesterday for today's batch. Worked beautifully. Best of all no tax on this in CA. Others are talking about using next week's in-ad coupon on the Natrol vitamins, but those are taxed here so the Laci is more my cup of tea.

The Laci part of the transaction was only $16.15 after coupons, so I added in 2 Planter's Nuts for $5.49 and BOGO.
Used 2 coupons (2X $1 off from 1/27 SS). YMMV on using 2 coupons for BOGO sale.
Came out to $3.49 and got $5.49 tracking for RA50.

Also got a few skintimate and Hydro shave gels using the $2 in-ad coupon to max out the RA50.
$2.79 - $2 - $.55 = $.24 for skintimate with gold
$3.43 - $2 - $.75 = $.68 for Hydro with gold
The skintimate did Not count for RA50 the week they were giving back $2 +UPs and we had the BOGO coupons, but they did for me this week. I think only in the later part of the week..

passion124 said:   My stores got more stock in on the Laci tea..

Bought 10 Laci Tea $4.23 each (gold)
-$10 (10x $1) coupons from allyou.com
=$32.30 get back $40 +UPs (2x $20)
$6.70 MM

I split it up into two transactions. 5 yesterday, and 5 today. Used the $20 +UP from yesterday for today's batch. Worked beautifully. Best of all no tax on this in CA. Others are talking about using next week's in-ad coupon on the Natrol vitamins, but those are taxed here so the Laci is more my cup of tea.

be careful if you actually drink that tea-- its loaded w/ senna aka Senokot.

Skintimate counted for me the week they were giving the $2 +Up and again this week so not sure if it was the variety you were buying. Blue RA50 tags were only under a couple of them, not all of them.

Natrol isn't taxed here and I didn't have 10 copies of the Laci coupon so I got Natrol and used next week's coupon. Tossed in the FAR Salon Grafix so I could use a $20 Natrol +Up.

Found clearance Revlon nail polish for $2.99. Next week's coupon beeped "no matching item" but cashier put them through. No idea what its coded for. In the store the tags for next week promoting the use of the coupon are under all the Revlon polishes, not one variety. 10 bottles of clearance priced polish gave me another free $30 towards RA50. Got more Nature Made Vitamin B Complex minis and Nivea lip balm to finish RA50 on that card.

Then, because I had left over coupons went to another store where I got 6 Jacks Link jerky, 2 BelVita crackers, 4 Nivea and 2 Nature Made minis. Paid $16 in +Up, got back another $10 RA50. Gave a bag of jerky to the nice cashier who keyed in 11-digits of the flu book jerky coupons that I stupidly let expire on 2-28. Amazingly no sales tax on anything-- lip balm is considered health care. The way I look at it I "spent" $6 in +Up for 5 bags of jerky and 2 boxes of BelVita. So < $1/bag for beef jerky.

My store restocked Pure Spring, so I was able to get 2 for $19.00 (BOGO Free, though shelf tag showed $17.99) and got 2 $10 +UP.
I made $100.69 and got my $20 +UP. I had $70+ the day before and was hoping Pure Spring would bring my total to $90+, but it didn't. I had to buy 4 Neutrogen prducts $6.74 (silver) with 2 $5 MQ's and got $5 +UP (for $25+ purchase). Still, I was almost $3 short. So I bought 2 Pregresso soup for $3 (with $0.50 MQ).

Now the question is how to spend 1 $20, 2 $10 and 1 $5 +UP in 2 weeks.
This week looks like a slow week.

I think I burned out racing around to finish off RA50. Have little interest in shopping at RA this week. Must be everyone else feels the same way cuz I don't even see a thread for the week of 3/3.

my4mainecoons said:   I think I burned out racing around to finish off RA50. Have little interest in shopping at RA this week.I've had no interest in shopping at RA since 11/26. 2013 Wellness+ points = 0

Too many hoops to jump through, takes too much time, accumulate too much "junk", etc.

my4mainecoons said:   ...I don't even see a thread for the week of 3/3.
Neither do I, and I was looking.

FWIW, there may be opportunities with the P&G cosmetic deal--buy $50 and get $5 +Up and $15 P&G rebate. That's 40% back on $50. It's not likely to be a MM, but if you can buy items with high-value coupons, it may be good enough for you. One example may be the B1G1 Pantene coupons (exp 3/31/13); that's 50% off the top, so a net 90% discount. And you only have to buy $15 at RA to get the +Up--shop around for better prices on the other $35 to qualify for the rebate. (The rebate form does not say "must be purchased in one transaction" like the L'Oreal deal a few weeks ago.)

I'm also going to buy Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats (2 for $5 with $1+Up) using the $1/3 MQ because my wife loves them, and the Poland Springs water ($3.99 with $1 +Up) for the guys at work. (They don't like "generic" water--go figure.)

Such a sloooooooow week, we started discussion of this weeks' deals without even bothering to start a thread.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014